Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles » Tournaments

Tournaments URPG Tournaments will be created and held here. No tournament may be started without authorization from an officer.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT
Default [Survivors] Challenges and Contests

Challenges and Contests

In this particular thread, I will weekly announce a new challenge, either Prize or an Immunity Challenge. Here are the definitions of those challenges:

Prize Challenge: In this Challenge, the winning team will earn a beneficial prize that will help them "to survive" (win more of the future challenges) in the tournament. Prizes can include money, items, rental Pokemon, TMs etc. We will sometimes need judges for these contests.

Immunity Challenge: In this Challenge the two teams compete for no prize. Well, there is a prize, two more weeks in the tournament. The winner(s) of this challenge will become immune to votes. They cannot be voted out of the touney. Others are vulnerable in the Tribal Council though. We will sometimes need judges for these contests.

Now, there are a few different types of battles along the tournament to make this even more interesting. No, the battles aren't just the usual RSE or Colosseum battles. They actually have specific rules, which you will know only once the battle starts. I will not announce the rules of a special battle until the tribes have chosen the person/people to battle. This way, neither of the teams can strategize by always choosing the most profitable players to battle.

As for the quizzez, there are some of them scattered along the Survivors tournament. They are all made by the Quiz master. Further rules will occur once a quiz pops up.

There are also other types of challenges waiting, but I will not tell you any more of them, just to keep an element of surprise in the game.

Challenges always last for an week, but I think I mentioned that before. If your tribe fails to achieve in a challenge before the deadline, the other tribe wins automatically.

I also must request that no one apart from me posts in this thread. If you have anything to discuss with me about the Challenges, PM or AIM me.

Last edited by IT; 02-08-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: [Survivors] Challenges and Contests

The first Prize Challenge:

Week #1 / Month #1

Prize Challenge: Name/Tribe Area Contest

-The tribes must come up with a name for their tribe. Both tribes will also choose a representing Pokemon for themselves. Try to make the name of the tribe interesting.

-The tribes also must choose a Tribe Leader, the most active person in the tribe, who will create a Tribe Area, a thread, for their tribe. The person will be the one responsible for editing the tribe's status (members, items, rental Pokemon etc.)

-No prize.

Sounds like a lame Prize Challenge since there's no prize? Don't worry, this is just the first challenge, meant to organize the tournament more. In future challenges, prizes will be given. Have fun inventing the names.

Challenge ends on the following Sunday.

Last edited by IT; 01-14-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Week #2 / Month #1

Immunity Challege: Banner Contest

-What would be a Tribe Area without a suitable banner? Your challenge is to design a cool banner for your tribe.

-The banner must include your mascot Pokemon, your tribe name and maybe a slogan.

-The banners have to be done on Friday and posted somewhere in the URPG Boards. A poll will be made and the banner with the most votes wins. Also, tribe members can vote for their own banner, so the more active the tribe members are, the better off your tribe is.

-Best banner wins the Immunity for the tribe.

-Winning Tribe gets Immunity and the losing Tribe is sent to Tribal Council.

About Tribal Council

-Once the winner of the Immunity Challenge is declared, you can send your votes to Rhauk by PM or tell them to him by using AIM ( Akodo Kobo ).

-The faster the whole tribe sends their votes, the faster they can participate in the next Prize Challenge, if not all of the votes aren't sent in, the tribe can't be a part of the challenge.

-Though not all of the members have to vote if Rhauk declares that no more of voting is needed, like in a situation like this:

6 people have voted for a person

3 people have voted for another person

The 10th person in the tribe doesn't have to vote since the person who will be kicked out is already clear.

-The voting is and will be anonymous.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:06 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Week #3 / Month #1

Prize Challenge: Special Battle

-Both teams choose 1 person to battle with 3 Pokemon chosen randomly, and by randomly I mean that they are chosen from the player's team. The Pokemon are not equipped with any TMs. This looks like a rule, but this is not the only thing in this Special Battle, just wait and see.

-The winner of this challenge wins the tribe a rental first stage Pokemon of their choice.

-The challenge will end on the following Sunday.

-The two people battling, please try to organize a date suitable for both of you. The quicker you battle, the quicker we can vote again.

Some explanations:

-The tribe that has lost the previous Immunity Challenge, will not be able to compete until they have voted one person out.

Special Battles:

-To make this tournament more fun, me and some Neutral Judge (Rhauk) have come up with some ideas for interesting twists in some battles. They are officially, in this tournament, called Special Battles.

-The rules of the Special Battles, as you can see, are not stated in the Challenge thread. They will be informed once the battle starts and the battlers have been chosen beforehand. So in some cases, the URPGer with the best Pokemon might not be the best choice for the battle after all.

-Just to notify, which I in this case shouldn't even bother to do, I will not take any advantage of my position as the inventor of these Special Battles.

Last edited by IT; 01-24-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:00 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Week #4 / Month #1

Immunity Challenge: Special Battle

-3vs3, RSE, no items; more accurate rules are told once the battle starts

-The person battling must not be either one of the people who battled in the last challenge.

-Winning Tribe gets Immunity and the losing Tribe is sent to Tribal Council
Old 02-08-2006, 02:36 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Week #1 / Month #2

Prize Challenge: 2vs2 Tag Team Battle

-Both teams choose two people to battle in a tag team battle.

-The players battling cannot be the people who have participated in the last challenges.

-Winners of this challenge win the tribe $1,000 to each member.

A little money award available, plus the payments for the battlers should be nice. This challenge will technically start next week, because I'm skipping this week Survivor-wise, but of course, both teams can choose the battlers.

*Looks like the battle never got done, so this challenge will be postponed for the inactivity of the battlers. Though, if the battlers and the Main Ref manage to get together next week, they can do the fight and earn the prizes. The battlers who were supposed to battle, cannot battle in the next battle challenge.

Last edited by IT; 02-19-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:07 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Just a bump post to notify you guys about the rule addition:

Until all players/tribe members have participated in a battle, the members can battle again. This way everyone can have a chance at either proving their a valuable member by winning the battle or making the elimination process easier by losing.

So at the moment, Magare, Ierdar, Loyal Arcanine and MystiKal cannot battle until all members from their tribes have battled.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:26 PM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Week #2 / Month #2

Immunity Challenge: Quiz #1

-The Quiz Master invents a quiz for the tribes to solve, the quiz will be posted in a separate thread.

-Only one member sends the tribe's answers to the Quiz Master as a PM.

-Winning tribe wins Immunity and the losing tribe is sent to Tribal Council.

-If both teams have the equal amount of correct answers/points, both teams will have to eliminate a member.

Last edited by IT; 02-19-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Rhauk Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Rhauk

Week #3 / Month #2

Prize challenge: Special Battle. Scenario: The laughing mist.
Special rules: A weird mist surrounds the arena, all Pokémon have a 25% chance of laughing instead of attacking. Laughing cancells the attack that is called, just like attraction does. Laugh chance must be rolled in the chat, faster pokémon first, and rolled AFTER any confusion roll.
Rules: 3 vs 3, Stadium, No items.
Reminder: The players battling cannot be the people who have participated in the last challenges.
Prize: The winning tribe one free TM for each of the members (each member chooses which one), and one TM for the tribe's rental Pokémon (Even if they don't still have one).
Edit: Stadium, not GSC.

^Tabbloza

Last edited by Rhauk; 03-01-2006 at 10:41 PM.