Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » General

General Hang out here and talk to people participating the Ultra RPG. Talk about anything related to the Ultra RPG, or just any casual discussion with fellow participants of the Ultra RPG. New to Ultra RPG? Come in and see what's it all about.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger
Default Apprentice thread

Due to popular demand I will now start the apprentice program..with the blessing of the urpg mods of course. I've been collaborating with VT on this one, and we have come up with a lot of good ideas that would put an interesting twist on the urpg as we know it.

The general idea though is that the master would essentially teach the apprentice about the various facets of the urpg...you know help them with stories and strategy. But also with the mod's blessing we would like the master to be able to buy his or her apprentice tms or mons from the mart. But in a general sense the master is to help the apprentice learn how to function within the urpg, and understand how it works. The master would be able to watch the apprentice battle, and learn how to improve thier strategy...but this beenfits everyone in a larger sense.

thats just a general outline...we also want to set up apprentice tournaments, 2v2 matches, and what not, in which both the master and apprentice are awarded for their efforts. I'm also hoping this will in turn spruce up our gym system, and just make things more interesting, cause face it...nobody likes a bunch of newbs running around.

so let me get an estimate of how many of you would like to apply for apprenticeship or as a master. These will all be decided on a case to case basis. We want to give priority to people who have recently joined or have been here, but still don't quite get it. As for masters its alkso a case to case basis...how well do you know the urpg? Refs and mods will get priority on apprentices if they want them. As of right now VT(mystikal) and myself will be doint these approvals...but if you want to help out drop me a pm and I will consider it.

Thanks,

~Fing~

Masters
Fingy
VT(mystikal)
Infested
Ierdar
Pika57
ball
IT
DG
Yami_Zidane
We The Pichus...
Mikey
Lan
Pidgeot79
Rhauk

apprentices
Megumi
The Boogeyman...
Cris
Light espeon
RocketMeowth
Frost Wolf
Togepi
Chao Breeder
Feraligatr
Miravana
Knightblazer
Louise
Umbreon Shadow
Gun6

Last edited by Finglonger; 01-29-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:55 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal
Default Re: Apprentice thread

Nice job Fing, just posting that I will be a master.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Pidgeot79 Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pidgeot79 Send a message via MSN to Pidgeot79 Send a message via Yahoo to Pidgeot79

A hopefully soon-to-be master representing.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

This is going to sound weird, but, I get the URPG and all that, but I'm still kinda hopeless with battling. I'm no newb when it comes to everything else, but I could seriously use some master help from a more experienced player in the terms of fighting...

Which is why I think I would like to sign up for apprenticeship. o.O
Old 01-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Pidge approved for master..and megumi...well as of right now, I know you've been here a while, I understand your problemI'll put you on the list for apprentices, and we'll see how things go with less experienced members signing up.

ALso yeah VT of course is in....

I want to wait about a week..see how much activity we get..then I'll start assigning or if you want to request thats fine...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:00 AM
Mitsuko Souma Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via MSN to Mitsuko Souma Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsuko Souma

I'd like to sign up as a Master. If we get the mods to OK it, I'd gladly buy my apprentice stuff. I'm earning too much money...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:09 AM
infested88 Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to infested88

I would like to sign up to be a master too.

I'd like it to work like this:

Since I'm the Blackthorn City gym leader, I'd like to get an apprentice who has at least one dragon Pokemon.
When my gym is challenged, they will first have to get through my apprentice; like in the video games.
Since they will be protecting my gym badge, I would like them to have the choice of two rental Pokemon.
The gym battles would probably be 2v2 and I would like to be their for the match or have it recorded so I could look it over and point out to my apprentice what could've been done differently to make the battle have a better outcome (that is if they lost).
I would want someone who isn't just a screw off and so I'd like to see the choices of apprentices I have.
I'll teach them a nice ammount of knowledge and I'll try to be nice. lol
And I don't think I'll be buying anything for them, I have enought troubles buying for myself! lol

I'll probably think of more stuff later, but that's how I thought apprentices was going to work.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Ed: Great idea..I love it. Naturally I'll have to get the approval of the mods on that before I can say for sure...but it is interesting. anyways, Ive battled you before so I can attest to your knowledge and skill..youre in

UM/MS/whatever: undecided...but its been a while since we've done battle. If you want the position a 4v4 will allow me to see what skill level youre at now. Just IM me sometime..and we'll organize that
Old 01-24-2006, 04:37 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by infested88
I would like to sign up to be a master too.

I'd like it to work like this:

Since I'm the Blackthorn City gym leader, I'd like to get an apprentice who has at least one dragon Pokemon.
When my gym is challenged, they will first have to get through my apprentice; like in the video games.
Since they will be protecting my gym badge, I would like them to have the choice of two rental Pokemon.
The gym battles would probably be 2v2 and I would like to be their for the match or have it recorded so I could look it over and point out to my apprentice what could've been done differently to make the battle have a better outcome (that is if they lost).
I would want someone who isn't just a screw off and so I'd like to see the choices of apprentices I have.
I'll teach them a nice ammount of knowledge and I'll try to be nice. lol
And I don't think I'll be buying anything for them, I have enought troubles buying for myself! lol

I'll probably think of more stuff later, but that's how I thought apprentices was going to work.
Oooh, nice idea.

I'll be back with a Dragon, infested...

xD
Old 01-24-2006, 04:44 AM
infested88 Offline
Elite Trainer

Hopefully my idea is accepted.
And I would love you to have you as an aprentice Megumi! ^.^
Old 01-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma
I'd like to sign up as a Master. If we get the mods to OK it, I'd gladly buy my apprentice stuff. I'm earning too much money...
XD For God's sake you use a god damn Meowth in our gym battle. Spelling and grammar do not make you a good battler. You are still a n00b, just a n00b who can spell better. =P

I'm not really for the who battling a gym leader's apprentice first thing though. =P It'd be annoying I think. If it was required for all gym leaders who had one to do it at least. Optional would still be annoying, but meh. =P

Also, I'm not sure I have the patience to have a pet newbie. =( Lately at least. =P With recent events in my real life, for those who haven't noticed, I have a very shortend temper lately. Trust me, it's only going to get shorter as this week progresses with Midterms now here.

Maybe a few months after things start to clear up(if that's the word you want to use for it) I'll have the time and patience for an ickle, wittle newbie of my own. =P

Though I wasn't for the idea before, and still not one hundred percent, it'll hopefully decrease the number of hopeless newbies who come here and have no idea what they are doing. =P
Old 01-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

ehh... yeah.. i would not make MS a Master.... I'm not even considering signing up myself, and I could sweep the floor with her.

And personally i don't like the gym trainer idea. All the gym leaders are soon going to be hassled by n00bs wanting a position.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
infested88 Offline
Elite Trainer

That's why we would get a choice of who we want our aprentices to be. Lucky for me, Megumi would like to be my aprentice. Yay! lol
Old 01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
ball Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to ball Send a message via MSN to ball

I would like to be a master. The gym idea is nice. About the stuff buying, the masters could get some little money... 5k, or 10k each two weaks, or month, and they could use it for themselfs, but also to buy stuff for the aprentice if neaded. Like, you get 10k, and youre aprentice really neads a grass mon, you nuy him a treecko, and keap the rest 2k. Its not big money, but well, it would make people buy stuff.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
IT Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to IT Send a message via MSN to IT

I'd like to become a Master as well. I think that I should qualify pretty well.