Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Evanna Offline
Master Trainer

Default Death Penalty

Death penalty isn't allowed in my country (Belgium) yet, but there's a lot of discussion about it. A girl I know has told me her opinion. She's strongly against death penalty, but even though I agree with everything she says, I still choose for death penalty to be allowed.

Her opinion:
1. You can't play God
2. Innocent people could die
3. The convicted person wouldn't suffer anymore
4. One good thing: Less people in jail :/

Our country doesn't know where to put convicted people anymore. So that would be a good thing.

My opinion, death penalty if:
1. If there's no doubt for innocence
2. Very very bad crimes
3. If they aren't sorry for their acts

For example. I don't know if anybody knows Mark Dutroux, but he's the biggest child seducer of my country. His record is 500 000 pages long (seriously). He seduced about 20 people. In the beginning only women above 18, then he had to go to jail for 8 years, and then he started over again with 12 y old girls. The investigation took 8 years :/ And now he's finally in court. The trial is running for about 4 days now. (Man I should make a whole topic about him O_O )
My point is... I think they should just kill him -_-
Someone even put a mini guillotine (was that spelled right?) in front of the court building XD "I'm just putting everyone's thoughts into acts" he said.

In such cases, I'd really kill them. A loooong painful death -_- He let 2 girls starve to death, I'd give him the same penalty

Why do we Fall? To learn to Pick ourselves up again.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:05 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: Death Penalty

I against it. For me, that gets to close to 'an eye for an eye'. I know some people think that it costs more to keep someone in jail for life than to kill them, but it actually costs several times more to kill someone than an average life sentence (40 years), not to mention money for all of the appeals and court time.

Level 100 at 632
Old 03-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Seven Offline

I'm against the Death Penalty too. I don't think it's right to fight violence with violence. And besides, having to live with yourself and what you ahve done in improsenment is a way better punishment I think.
Though people like Dutroux should be killed in a very horrofic way. Not by the law, but an assasin should kidnap him, improsen him, abuse him and then kill him, in the most painful way thinkable.

*hates Dutroux*
Old 03-13-2004, 05:04 AM
Evanna Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Though people like Dutroux should be killed in a very horrofic way. Not by the law, but an assasin should kidnap him, improsen him, abuse him and then kill him, in the most painful way thinkable.

*hates Dutroux*
You said it yourself...

But now I come to think of it, I wouldn't wanna be the one who has to kill someone O_O Cause I should live with a murder on my neck too then.
And maybe I should revise my opinion Jail is bad too oO Living between 4 walls for the rest of your life, between other cruel people.

*I will never do something bad again *

Old 03-13-2004, 01:07 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

Quote:
I'm against the Death Penalty too. I don't think it's right to fight violence with violence. And besides, having to live with yourself and what you ahve done in improsenment is a way better punishment I think.

*hates Dutroux*
Actually, this is similar to how some countries interrogate people. They sit in a room asking questions, and when they don't get the answer they would like, have someone from another country (that doesn't mind doing this sort of thing) break a finger or something.

But anyway, if the point of prisin was solely punishment, they might as well just give everyone in there a life sentence. In my opinion, there should be some aspect of rehabilitation in there, so if the state kills them, that aspect is gone.

Level 100 at 632
Old 03-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaball3000
Actually, this is similar to how some countries interrogate people. They sit in a room asking questions, and when they don't get the answer they would like, have someone from another country (that doesn't mind doing this sort of thing) break a finger or something.

But anyway, if the point of prisin was solely punishment, they might as well just give everyone in there a life sentence. In my opinion, there should be some aspect of rehabilitation in there, so if the state kills them, that aspect is gone.
Well, it shouldn't be done by the goverment - but what Dutroux did is just...
You're right when you look at it logical, but that man is a monster. He kidnapped two little girls, and locked them up in a secret dungeon, where he sexually abused them. When he was in prison for minor offences, they starved to death. He kidnapped other girls too, he buried two alive, and the other two were saved by the police. All sexually abused.

No state should kill...absolutely true.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Scizor Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Scizor

Dutroux must die painfull, that dirty man

first ********** then after that ****** will not say my thoughts becouse i hate him !!!! I live in Holland next to Belgium, so i see everything on the news. He tried to blaim other people and he sleeped at the court on the first day in it.

It's horrible what he have done
Old 03-13-2004, 03:27 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

I'm not condoning what he did, and for many people like him I think that there is no punishment great enough, I just don't think anyone should die at the hands of the state.

Level 100 at 632
Old 03-13-2004, 09:51 PM
masaki Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to masaki

Quote:

I agree with that. Killing them will ease pain from their crimes as though it never happened. Making them suffer in jail is much better 'cause your stuck with crappy food, bored all day etc.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

There are more different ways to look against the death penalty than there are to kill someone.

1. It costs too much (which is debatable)
2. It's too cruel. Every man should have the right to live
3. It's not cruel enough. They have to suffer in jail first.

Multiple angles. Hard to find a medium, eh?

Personally, I'm a supporter of it.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 03-15-2004, 08:51 AM
LolJolteonMaster Offline
Banned

Hmmm...I oppose the death penalty. If someone did something bad enough to get it, they don't deserve death. They deserve to rot away for life in a jail cell. A full life of misery, instead of a few seconds of pain.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:31 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Death Penalty should be allowed. Think.

1) Why waste food and water on some random idiot who did harm to the world?

2) I believe in a life for a life. If somebody murdered somebody else, that somebody's life should be taken away too.

plasma: Where did you get the fact that killing a person costs more than keeping a person in prison for years? Food, and Water are resources that are limited on earth, why do we waste them on somebody who did harm?
Old 03-15-2004, 11:34 AM
Scizor Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Scizor

This man doesn't even desurve to live
Old 03-15-2004, 11:38 AM
GuardianFlygon Offline
New Trainer

My point exactly... I live in the USA but I orginate from Egypt.. I could tell ALOT of BAD stories from 10,000 years ago in Egypt..
Old 03-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Evanna Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
I'm against the Death Penalty too.

*hates Dutroux*
*Points that out again*
So actually you're not rEALLy against death penalty :/
And to you others: What would you do with people like Binladin? I'd torture him to death... I believe, if you've done a lot of bad things in your life, and if you die, there's some kind of punishment waiting for you. :/ That's what I believe... You can't change my mind.
It's easier for us to kill them. Costs less money and another bad person removed from the world. Life is a beautiful thing. I wouldn't give it away for 1 mil dollar :/