Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 03-09-2004, 07:27 PM
AbXtreme Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AbXtreme Send a message via MSN to AbXtreme
Default Ways of Catching Pokemon and Battle Tips: The Guide

So your Stuck on Catching a Pokemon and Need help. Well Here's the Guide on which you can Catch them Easy by me, A B Xtreme. These are gonna be some Tips on How to Catch them Critters.

Tip 1} Use a Effect : Sleep Effects Well on these matters. the Pokemon's Catching Rate Will Rise if you use Sleep Powders. Careful when you use Poison Effects. When that pokemon reaches low health then that's your time to risk it.

Tip 2} Choose your Attacks Wisely. Try and Find a Suitable Attack by Facing it A Couple of Times { For Legends, reset and Try Again } this would see which attacks can do the Damage which Suits your Needs for a Couple of Times.

Tip 3} Weakness Sloves Something. If your Using a Pokemon with that catching Pokemons Weakness, Make it Weaker then the Catching Pokemon and Try Tip 2. Eg if your Against a Level 70 Kyogre, have a Raichu about Level 63 - 65. If you do that it give you a Better Chance.

Tip 4} Plan a Strategy. If your Against Pokemon who's Level is Over 80 { Yes, Red's Pikachu of Course } Plan a Strategy and Try it out { If your Lower then Level 80 then try it, Over 80 Just Destroy them}

Tip 5} Train Train Train!. Of Course you have to do this, it's the way of Pokemon. Always use the Elite 4 as your Victims. Thus would give your Weaker Pokemon to More Levels and Evolving.

Tip 6} Read the Pokemon's Moves. Just Like Tip 4 but an extra plus. Since Pokemon can use 4 Moves in the Game, Look through the Moves and Find Weaknesses to Stop it doing much Damage. Always Check with the 2 Typer's { Eg. Swampert, Quagsire, Poliswine and Even Pikachu due to Surf }

I'll Give More Tip's Along the Way. Any Problem's PM Me and Good Luck on Catching those Pokemon

'You maybe able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inivitable death'

Old 03-09-2004, 09:53 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia
Default Re: Ways of Catching Pokemon and Battle Tips: The Guide

You forgot a point:

If you're planning a battle worthy team, PLAN out the EVs first. And if it involves Hidden power, breed until you get the right IVs.

After you plan out how to distribute the EVs, calculate out the exact pokemon you need to fight to get there. (Eg: 30 Zubats + 20 Machops + etc.) and STICK to it. One extra fight will screw up your EVs quite a bit.

And always remember that a good battle-worthy team will take time. Don't forget to take some time from training and do your homework and keep up with both school and having a social life.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Hector Offline
New Trainer

Seems like a pretty good guide to catch a Pokemon.

-Hector
Old 03-10-2004, 05:26 PM
AbXtreme Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to AbXtreme Send a message via MSN to AbXtreme

Thanks, I've got some more Tips. I'll Put them in Later

'You maybe able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inivitable death'