Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:03 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default The Three Silhouette Pokemon Are Revealed!

The Three Silhouette Pokemon Are Revealed!
-03/03/06-

The three Pokemon who were in silhouette form are finally revealed. The official Japanese Pokemon movie website revealed the three new Pokemon. The first Pokemon is Tamanta (the pre-evolution of Mantine), then Buizeru, and Perappu. The movie will be released in Japan on July 15th, 2006. There is currently no official release date for the US.

New Movie Poster and Movie Trailer
The official site also revealed a new movie poster and a new movie trailer (trailer page is the third link on the left side bar at the official site: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/) :

Movie Wallpaper
On the official site, you could play a word finding game to unlock wallpapers. Here are the links to the wallpaper if you can't figure it out:

Wallpaper A
800x600: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/image/sp...r/poke800a.jpg
1024x768: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/image/sp.../poke1024a.jpg
1280x960: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/image/sp.../poke1280a.jpg

Wallpaper B
800x600: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/image/sp...r/poke800b.jpg
1024x768: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/image/sp.../poke1024b.jpg
1280x960: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/image/sp.../poke1280b.jpg

Related Links
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/ - Official Japanese Pokemon Movie Website
Future Movies

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-03-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Kylee the Larvitar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Post Re: The Three Silhouette Pokemon Are Revealed!

Does anybody else think that the middle one looks like Charmander a bit?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Frost Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Frost Wolf
Default Re: The Three Silhouette Pokemon Are Revealed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvitar
nope
Old 03-03-2006, 09:33 PM
Tabbloza Offline

Quote:
Actually, I think it looks more like an otter.

I think they should have made Mantine's pre-evo a little less like Mantine itself. :/ But they're all adorable! <3 Can't wait for the rest of the new Pokemon in Diamond/Pearl.

Not very active sorry. :( But I'll try to pop in sometimes! :)

Snuffie the Granbull - Lvl 100 @ 665
VPPdASprites
FC: 2406-1967-0205
Old 03-03-2006, 10:51 PM
DookieMan Offline
New Trainer

I already posted this in the other thread. And yes, the pre-evolution of mantine should've looked a little different.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:56 PM
RaichuMaster Offline
New Trainer

That didn't take long. That's one more pre-evolution to add to the many. Manene, Bonsly, Munchlax, and what all else. The current generation only added two, Azurill and Wynaut. Comparitavely, they're going overboard this time.

Besides the Mantine pre-evo, anyone else notice that the new baby pokemon are from first-gen pokemon?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Alonso Offline

Send a message via AIM to Alonso

Quote:
It's just a fox. But a fox with two tails. Nice. Reminds me of Tails from Sonic.
Go to the Anime section

Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

I'll make this simple for you all:

Expect a lot of babies. In particular, a baby for Skarmory. Since they do the whole baby thing in groupings (Jynx, Magmar, & Electabuzz, then Pikachu, Jigglypuff, & Clefairy). Now they have Sudowoodo (which would fit the Magmar and Electabuzz category) and Mr. Mime. Skarmory and Mantine basically mirrored each other, flipping the defenses. So, yes, expect a Skarmory baby. They are going to go way overboard making babies, which really don't add ANYTHING to the game, seeing as they can't battle well, and it is only frustrating to get their happiness high enough for them to evolve. Nintendo seems to be focusing less on the basic idea of Pokemon, and that is battling. I understand friendship is a factor, but who wants to spend a week on happiness that they can't even really keep a general tab on?

Every new generation Nintendo makes, they start looking more like Digimon and other stuff like that. Less like actual animals and more like completely random stuff. Lets take that "Prince of the Sea", he is like a mix of Ditto and Celebi; completely random, he has nothing in common with any sort of animal. And his character design just blows. At least Ditto's design served a purpose. 80% of these Pokemon are going to suck.

Alright, so Perappu is obviously a songbird, he has a musical note on his head. None of you start saying "OMG ITS A FARFETCH'D EVO" like a lot of people elsewhere seem to think. For one, it isn't a duck, it is a macaw/parrot. Secondly, it is colorful, unlike Farfetch'd. And more importantly, it isn't holding some sort of weapon. I am expecting the bird to be a Normal/Flying type, with an emphasis on sound-based moves.

Tamanta is obviously a Mantine baby, no questions asked. And it is going to suck.

As for Buizeru, my money is that it is an otter Pokemon. He has fins on his forelegs (the blue things). And he's rather sleek. Plus, otters are known to play with rings in the water (a ring around his neck). I'm expecting him to be Water/Ground.

Yeah, just my two cents.

Last edited by PokemonElite2000; 03-03-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Random Pokeball Offline
New Trainer

I always thought that baby Pokemon for were really bored people who have bascially finished the game and want to go through all that breeding junk. I don't have a Nintendo DS, so seeing this is putting me of even more as to getting a DS and Diamond/Pearl.

Yay!

Last edited by Random Pokeball; 03-03-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

That is so cool!

It isn't realted to vulpix, but the middle one does look like a fox.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

I originally thought it had something to do with Vulpix, since it had a split tail, but then I realized there really isn't any room for a Vulpix baby, as Vulpix is rather simple enough in design. And then I noticed the blue things (it was a crappy pic I saw at another site) and I knew it couldn't be related to Vulpix. In a better quality picture, i saw that the blue things were fins, kind of fitting it into an otter role.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

The One fox thing is like a combo of a sea lion, with a little charmeleon to it, not to mention Some Tails/Swiper(yes the sneaky fox) action thrown in.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

As much as I wanted to be optimistic about the new Pokemon, I can't say I like the direction of these new ones and their designs.

Mantine doesn't need a baby form, it needs an evolution. Also, Perappu just looks like a colorful Pidgey. It's nothing really new, as it has the same basic design all the other bird Pokemon have.

The otter-like one in the middle is the only one that looks remotely promising. I'd love to see its evolutions, if it has any.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:45 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

I actually see these as the three starters. I think that Pearl and Diamond are going to try to mix things up radically and thus instead of the usual fire, water, and grass, they will give us new pokemon with various differences between them (such as Mantine only have one evolution).

The otter and the songbird both have interesting evolution possibilities and would probably be interesting starters. It's nice to change things up a bit and if you don't like them, just catch different pokemon. With the new DS system, I'm sure they will be trying out a lot of new ideas.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:12 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi
As much as I wanted to be optimistic about the new Pokemon, I can't say I like the direction of these new ones and their designs.

Mantine doesn't need a baby form, it needs an evolution. Also, Perappu just looks like a colorful Pidgey. It's nothing really new, as it has the same basic design all the other bird Pokemon have.

The otter-like one in the middle is the only one that looks remotely promising. I'd love to see its evolutions, if it has any.
Well, after doing 386 Pokemon, you're running out of animals, lol. You've done fish, bugs, birds, and so on. So to solve the problem of "I can't invent more animal things anymore," they're doing a lot of pre-evolutions (pre-evolutions of Snorlax, Sudowoodo, and Mr. Mime) and showing signs of evolutions of existing Pokemon as well (evolution of Sneasel). But as far as creating new ones, you have to give them a little credit for even getting this far with 386.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim
I actually see these as the three starters. I think that Pearl and Diamond are going to try to mix things up radically and thus instead of the usual fire, water, and grass, they will give us new pokemon with various differences between them (such as Mantine only have one evolution).

The otter and the songbird both have interesting evolution possibilities and would probably be interesting starters. It's nice to change things up a bit and if you don't like them, just catch different pokemon. With the new DS system, I'm sure they will be trying out a lot of new ideas.
Just because they revealed three Pokemon, doesn't mean three starters. You have to understand Pokemon has been following a pattern, and they have shown no signs of giving up their pattern (for good reason, it's been working for them):

1-151: Three distinctive types, and a special, small and cute Pokemon: Mew.
152-251: Three distintive types, and a special, small and cute Pokemon: Celebi.
252-356: Three distintive types, and a special, small and cute Pokemon: Jirachi.
357+: (None confirmed yet, but Manaphy already fits the special "small and cute" type)

A Mantine pre-evolution for a starter? They need something new for starters, they're certainly not going to past ideas and make pre-evolutions of them and call them starters. Imagine, you evolve your "starter" Pokemon, and you have a Mantine, which, everybody else has on their old versions of Pokemon. That won't do. A starter Pokemon is suppose to be special, it ain't so special if everyone else can get a "Diamond/Pearl" starter on their old games.

If the Mantine pre-evolution wasn't there, you would have a better case. But even then, you have to believe that Pokemon will change the way they do starters, change in a huge way, in which they followed the same pattern three consecutive times. But yea... with that Mantine pre-evolution there, almost eliminates the idea of three starters completely.