Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » PE2K Front Desk

PE2K Front Desk Forum announcements will be posted here. Any questions, suggestions or ideas concerning the forum or the website should also be posted in here. If you need help on your avatar or signature, or help on using the forum, this is the place to go.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark
Default TMI: FanFic review thread or sub-forum

So i was thinking about it, and wanted to create my own thread for reviews. People would sign up by posting in the thread, and whoever posted their story title with a link first was reviewed first. And so on... The author of the thread would be the reviewer of that thread, etc.

A review would probably become it's own thread, with comments from the original author and replies of what other members thought of the review, etc.

I could start my own reviews thread, I'm willing to do it. But then I thought it'd be really cool if there was another thread for open reviews and reviewers.

This brought me to the idea of a sub-forum dedicated to reviews and review proposals.

Now i know the amount of willing reviewers is very limited, so I'm fishing for ghost fish and a failing sub-forum when i propose this. But maybe have "review corner" of some sort.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost
Default Re: TMI: FanFic review thread or sub-forum

I sort of like the idea. Though, really, there aren't that many fics to review, so it could probably just be a thread instead of a whole forum.

I also think it be cool if there were a sort of Writer's Lounge, where all the writing rules and regulations would be posted, where your review thread(s), Redlark, could go. Also, in the Writer's Lounge the author's here could discuss with eachother tips of the trade, writer's block, writing peeves, etc.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost
I sort of like the idea. Though, really, there aren't that many fics to review, so it could probably just be a thread instead of a whole forum.

I also think it be cool if there were a sort of Writer's Lounge, where all the writing rules and regulations would be posted, where your review thread(s), Redlark, could go. Also, in the Writer's Lounge the author's here could discuss with eachother tips of the trade, writer's block, writing peeves, etc.
I do think that a sub forum where we could talk about the ins and outs of writing fanfic would be a wonderful idea. So far we have only had single stickied topics about writing and I think that a full Writers Study as it were would maybe draw more people to the fic section...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Redlark Offline

Alrighty, I think I'm gonna start up that review corner now/soon. I'll actually stick to it, so it stays alive, also to see what feedback i get.

Any objections?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

No objections, it sounds like a rather good idea. What about a sort of beta reader/ writer company to go along with it?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost
No objections, it sounds like a rather good idea. What about a sort of beta reader/ writer company to go along with it?
I don't think a beta reader topic is the best of ideas as of right now, first I think we need to come up with a way to draw in more readership to the fic section. We are very short on readers\reveiwers, to say nothing of betas...

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Redlark Offline

Very true. I think with the review thread I've got right now. I'll do a "Picks of the Month" kind of thing.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

It's about time something like this starts here. Good work Redlark. I'm just glad someone here has the time from their other stuff to do this.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 04-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

I'd be more than happy to help run something or other in relation to the fanfic section. I have alot of free time on fridays and weekends that I could make use of.
If we ever had, say, a vote driven fanfic contest, I would be more than happy to be a judge in command of tallying votes and anouncing the winner. I could do it in good order, and if someone higher up on the forum food chain set an ending date I would hold true to it very well. I take these sort of things very seriously, I hate lateness with a passion.

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 04-14-2006, 09:45 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy
I'd be more than happy to help run something or other in relation to the fanfic section. I have alot of free time on fridays and weekends that I could make use of.
If we ever had, say, a vote driven fanfic contest, I would be more than happy to be a judge in command of tallying votes and anouncing the winner. I could do it in good order, and if someone higher up on the forum food chain set an ending date I would hold true to it very well. I take these sort of things very seriously, I hate lateness with a passion.

That would be nice, actually, but we would have to set it up so that members will participate (and vote). I wish there was an incentive we could give for voting, but I can't think of one.

Judging has always been hard with fan fiction.

But, if you're willing to set it up and run it, then I would be happy to work with you in whatever you need on my end as a GMod.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.