Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Redlark Offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Redlark
Default Re: The Review Roundup w/Redlark

Dude!!! Sorry for double-triple posting, but I'm very impressed that Sceptile Frost has given himself deadlines for chapters!! It also seems planned out with a loose malleable timeline, which I'm very happy to see.

Deadlines are a good thing if you're trying to get something done... perhaps I should try it, lol.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:10 AM
katiekitten Offline

XD Maybe I should try that. My last chapter update for Phoenix is four months and counting. *whistles innocently* XD

Actually, I came here to ask if you would do me the kindness of a review. Ma story, The Evil Bunny King of Doom, is feeling a little bit lonely with no reviews. :( If you could take the time, I would be very greatful. :)

Its not that long... XD

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Send a message via AIM to Orange_Flaaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark
Dude!!! Sorry for double-triple posting, but I'm very impressed that Sceptile Frost has given himself deadlines for chapters!! It also seems planned out with a loose malleable timeline, which I'm very happy to see.

Deadlines are a good thing if you're trying to get something done... perhaps I should try it, lol.
Deadlines kill me :P. If I make one I never get what I say I will done on time. It is the rebel in me I think ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlark
This is a journey fic. And what it seems like, the author has lost steam/motivation and has given up. but was saddened that the last post was more than a month ago… (*sigh*).
That means nothing, I've been know to take a year between chapters at times, and still love a story ;). It all depends on the person. Anyhow, I don't think I am ready for a reveiw from you yet, I'm at too juicey a part right now to have anything picked apart *hugs her baby fic* I need all my faith and self-esteem right now, you understand I'm sure ;)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 06-02-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Redlark Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Flaaffy
That means nothing, I've been know to take a year between chapters at times, and still love a story ;). It all depends on the person. Anyhow, I don't think I am ready for a reveiw from you yet, I'm at too juicey a part right now to have anything picked apart *hugs her baby fic* I need all my faith and self-esteem right now, you understand I'm sure ;)
True that, I'm not sure what was wrong with me when I wrote that review, it's the pessimist in me I guess, haha. And yes lol, i do understand.

Otay otay! I think I'll do your story Katiekitten ;-D
Old 06-02-2006, 08:37 PM
katiekitten Offline

Thanks! *looks forward to it*

Banner by me. Image used in banner by sakimichan on subeta. Character is mine. =3

Yoru Ryu ~ Rar-roX
Old 06-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

Hello, Redlark.

If you have time, I would appreciate it if you would review my newest poem, Promise. If you would, there is a link in my signature.

Thanks for your time,
~ *Kayden

yeah yeah yeah
Old 09-08-2006, 05:03 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

I really miss this topic, are you still going to do more reveiws?

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 09-08-2006, 05:22 AM
Redlark Offline

Yeah. I'm still going to do it. Later though. I'm out of the forum seriously until I get my internet once more. I enjoyed doing reviews, so expect this topic within the next month, I thinks. Sorry.

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed the Review Roundup.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:42 AM
Redlark Offline

So yeah... I'm back, and with reliable internet. And that means my review corner is back. A promise is a promise, soooooooo...

The Evil Bunny King of Doom!!!, is next. It should be done before the end of this week.

And this time, I'm not joking about bringing back the review corner! Muahahahahahaha!!!

Last edited by Redlark; 07-05-2007 at 04:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Redlark Offline

So I decided that I'd do "The Evil Bunny King of Doom" as my revival review for this thread. Mostly because I've noticed that KatieKitten really want's people to review her stuff, and half the time it never happens. So...

Wow... I was a lot faster than I said was going to be... weird...

Title:
The Evil Bunny King of Doom - By KatieKitten

Review:
At first, I was totally attracted to the title, "The Evil Bunny King of Doom." Then, I wasn't too sure what I was actually in for right before I started reading. The truth is, the last time I read any of KatieKitten's stuff was a very, very long time ago. I couldn't remember if I enjoyed reading her stuff, wanting more; or just thought, "oh, another fanfic..." So reading the title--I was hesitant.

To my surprise, "The Evil Bunny King of Doom" is the most refreshingly different piece of fanfiction I've ever read in my life.

The beginning sequence, before the advent of the bunnies, is beautifully written. I don't mean beautiful like, "I'm starting to cry," beautiful. I mean, it's just really good writing. Description was well-balanced with action and that entire beginning flowed like a song. There weren't any awkward moments in the actual flow of the words. It felt natural, eloquent, and the entire structure was near perfection. That sort of word control is rare in any writer of any caliber. It wasn't really funny, but the beginning really just makes the reader want to read more. The anticipation build-up was very well done.

I’m still geeking out over the quality of the work. I read it over two hours ago, and my mind is still lingering about how frickin’ awesome it was. Funny, amazingly intelligent, and well composed. I’m now repeating myself, so I’ll stop. So to cut things short. I was impressed.

Near the end of the prologue, the imagery is HILARIOUS!!! Borderline frightening. I’m currently debating whether or not I should call this a comedy-horror. I literally laughed out loud, but thought of the situation and kind of shuddered.

The only thing I did notice about this FanFiction was that near the end, it’s obvious KatieKitten is either getting very excited, the thoughts are moving too fast for her typing, or it was written late at night and she was tired. I’m not really sure. It seemed to move quite a bit quicker than the rest, but that was alright, if not a good thing. I’m not sure. All I know is that I really enjoyed reading “The Evil Bunny King of Doom.” I also really like just saying that title. “The Evil Bunny King of Doom.” Say it with me, maybe you’ll enjoy it, too.

Very good fiction overall. I recommend all readers to read this fiction. The style is amazing and probably something we all can learn from. Also, it’s very obvious that KatieKitten truly gets a kick out of writing. It’s very enjoyable.

Review #2:
For anybody planning to read this fanfiction, do read the last post. It has nothing to do with the story, I think. But it's the best song fic in the world

Rating: 8.9
Genius. I actually really liked this story. WHY’D YOU STOP!!!!!!????????

Technical Notes for KatieKitten:
Usually this section is reserved for long ranting, but I don’t think it needs it. So I’ll go as quick as I can.

I’ll start with grammar. There’s only a few things. It's actually not that important.

In the fourth paragraph it starts:

Quote:
After a warm shower he emerging clean and fully awake...
Don’t you mean, emerged?

Near the end there were a few moments. Like I said before; either you were getting excited, and your thoughts were going to fast for your fingers to type; or it was late and you were laughing as you were writing, lol.

Quote:
A breeze rippled through the creatures baby pink fur, tickling its whiskers. It looked so cute that
Creature's. Needs an apostrophe.

Near the beginning of the 3rd post:

Quote:
...cheek, covering his head util the...
Until is mispelled.

The fourth to the end paragraph:

Quote:
they each harboured a single piece of their masters...
Master's needs an apostrophe.

And the last paragraph:

Quote:
...Satsfied that thir secret...
Their is missing the 'e.'

And that’s about it. I can't think of anything technical to improve. It was good. Keep on writing. You’ve really got something going.

Last edited by Redlark; 07-05-2007 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Lol I looked around and found KatieKitten on the forums right after I said I couldn't find her. I'm getting old...
Old 07-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

I know it might not be worth it, but would you mind reviewing my story please?

It's in my signature...

Djax94
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Oh my gosh, it is back :3! It's been such a long time, I remember when I was thinking about asking you to reveiw my story but never did :(

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art
Old 07-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

You chance is now, then Flaffy. I'll need to amount to some more substance in what I'm doing before I let redlark over there go all over it. lol
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 AM
Orange_Flaaffy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
You chance is now, then Flaffy. I'll need to amount to some more substance in what I'm doing before I let redlark over there go all over it. lol
*lol* As far as how my fic would be reveiwed: I know my grammar is awful, and spelling is my worst subject, but most of the 'errors' are actually how my character thinks and writes (flowery run ons and all :)) so many of the things my beta fixes (who is a working fiction editor in real life as well, and two years older than me :3) I have to put back to the way they were to stay true to character (if that makes any sense :P ).
I'm sure your fic is fine Kenny :)

My *Fanfics*Blog* Art

Last edited by Orange_Flaaffy; 07-06-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

I don't think it's your cup of tea, though, Flaff. My fic doesn't seem to cause any sort of commotion, so it'll just be a quiet one. ^^