Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-28-2004, 07:37 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Japoro
Default How do you like the music?

How do you think of the musik/soundtracks from pokemon?
What is your favorite? you least favorite?

there are so many, Japanise/international song (on different language)

Last edited by Japoro; 04-28-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:54 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane
Default Re: How do you like the music?

Well, it really depends on which music you're referring to ...

The game music, in my opinion, has gone down in quality from the first games. The simple MIDI tunes of RBY and GSC were much catcher than what's been used so far for RS. Plus, RS's music sounds too warbled most of the time, making it hard to even figure out what they heck you're listening to.
Not that it's all bad, but frankly, I don't get the same feeling from this new stuff as I did from the original games...maybe if RS went with a few more remixes of original tunes (heck, the GBA can pull it off...).

As far as the anime's music goes (and if that's what you're referring to, then this thread's in the wrong section, I guess, but ah well....^^; ), again, it's mixed. I'm rather impressed with 4Kids for leaving most of the original music intact, at least for the earlier episodes (seems like they use more music from the dub of Mewtwo Strikes Back alot these days...), rather than trying to make it all their own original music, which, in 4Kids' case, has never worked out all too well...
The US themes have also been mixed, too. The theme song for the earlier episodes was the best they've done, IMO. From there, just about everything else has been inbetween, and the theme for the Orange Islands was the worst I've heard (Alternative rockers trying to rap :P...).
Old 04-30-2004, 06:38 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Agree, RBY's music are much better than RS's ^^ I downloaded some of the midis, and although I don't play it much, I still listen to it occasionally and find myself humming to the rhythm. The Bike, SS.Anne and Surfing musics are the best.

RBY > GSC > RS

GSC was fine, I guess =P
Old 04-30-2004, 09:03 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Well, at least GSC carried over newer versions of the original's music. I don't know why Nintendo felt they had to throw almost all of this out for RS....heck, what could get one more pumped up than the music from the Gyms or the Elite Four?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

It's alright. The quality has decreased over the games but some of the music is alright.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

ok.. well I agree with you guys with that "RBY > GSC > RS"
but what do you guys think of the soundtracks.. like Donna Summer, 2 be a master, themes, poke rap...
even if it now is in the wrong section
Old 05-04-2004, 05:42 PM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

I have VERY mixed views on the American soundtracks for the movies thus far...
Frankly, things could be much better. Like, how 'bout more songs that actually have something to do with the themes of the movie.
I'm sorry, but a teeny-bobber song called "Don't Say You Love Me" is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of one ticked-off mutated clone that wants to kill all of humanity :P
And just having the singers randomly put the word "Pokemon" into their lyrics not only sounds lame, but doesn't even make sense as to why they're in the soundtrack to begin with....

I do have to applaud 4Kids for leaving in that one J-Pop song in Heroes, however...if they could keep that trend, then it'd be all for the better.
So basically, I'd rather them just stick to the remixed themes that they use during each movie's opening....don't just pull random singers into the mix -_-;
Old 05-09-2004, 04:49 AM
jj984jj Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to jj984jj

I like the pokemon music, unfortunately i haven't seen much in the dub anymore, and I like the japanese music better anyway. Luckily movie 6 will feature the same singer singing an english version of 'chiisaki mono' when the dubs comes out, that is something I'm really excited about.

P.S. - If you can translate from Japanese-English, and can help Excalibur by translating any anime(preferably Pocket Monsters) plz contact me via pm, IRC, or e-mail, thnks. ^_^
Old 05-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Well, in reference to the albums, I like Polkamon

Weird al is funny...

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP
Old 05-09-2004, 11:24 AM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Wierd Al is great yes.. he match with his name...
I like Lugias song that Melody plays in Power of One 2000... its calm and nice
Old 05-09-2004, 02:28 PM
Black~Ninetales Offline
Amateur Trainer

Gotta love "Brother my Brother" from the first movie. And Lugia's Song is really peaceful and nice! ^^
Old 05-09-2004, 04:16 PM
latiasluver2004 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to latiasluver2004 Send a message via MSN to latiasluver2004
Smile Re: How do you like the music?

I like the RS music okay, and IMO it sounds a little better than the RBY music, but that's just me. I know that it's not in the movie, but my fav song on the 1st movie soundtrack is "If Only Tears Could Bring You Back" cause it's so sad........ But it's still a good song. I also like Lugia's song from Pokemon 2000.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:09 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasluver2004
I like the RS music okay, and IMO it sounds a little better than the RBY music, but that's just me. I know that it's not in the movie, but my fav song on the 1st movie soundtrack is "If Only Tears Could Bring You Back" cause it's so sad........ But it's still a good song. I also like Lugia's song from Pokemon 2000.
If Only Tears Could Bring You Back... thats a nice song,, but I also agree with Black~Ninetales with "brother, my Brother", v good!
2 be a master is also one of my favorites
Old 05-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Nefarious Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via AIM to Nefarious

I like the game music. But some of it can get annoying at times. Like I visit mauville city a lot and that music kinda got to me after a while. I like the anime music too. But I would never go out and buy the albums or anything.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Japoro Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphiretiger
I like the game music. But some of it can get annoying at times. Like I visit mauville city a lot and that music kinda got to me after a while. I like the anime music too. But I would never go out and buy the albums or anything.
I could buy it,,, but only if its cheap , mabye on a fleamarket
I used to like the gamemusic, but now Im so tired of them...