Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Rizaado Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Pokémon is bad... AGAIN

Like many others have said pokemon isn't violent. In fact pokemon rarely even make physical contact in battle. In fact pokemon battles is like throwing water balloons at each other. pokemon is even edgicational in elements, sportsmanship, stradigy and other stuff. but if your still doubting you should try it, then you'll see that it isnt violent. heck you might even get edicted and be up all night playing. lol

Banner made by Rizaado
Old 04-09-2006, 04:38 PM
AntonioBIO Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via MSN to AntonioBIO

I am 13 Years old, and my Mom and Dad don't think that Pokemon is violent, because it isn't. It's even considered for little kids by a lot of people. Pokemon is very fun, and like a lot of other people said, it's about teamwork and friendship. Millions of people love Pokemon. I liked Pokemon ever since I was six, and my Mom or Dad didn't even disaprove of then!

Signature Rules.

If you are new and want to be welcomed, post it Here.

If you want to be my friend or want to ask me for help, don't be shy! Private Message Me! Helping is my duty!

$$Jackpot$$

Join this cool Forum.
If you do, please put Latios as your referrer.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

If it makes you feel any better, I've been playing pokemon since I was five! Yep, on my fifth birthday all my close friends gave me pokemon stuff, except for Jay who gave me a Yoda plushie. So I blame him for my tomboyness, but that isn't the point. I knew the difference between right and wrong and that I'm not stupid enough to kill people.

Pokemon is just a game, and if your mom thinks that you're stupid enough to go out and think that a rat is approachable unless it shoots electric shocks, then you should be allowed to play it.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:15 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm 15 and if anything pokemon has helped me. It provides you with a world to escape into, and doesnt cause any harm. It emphasises teamwork, friendship and dedication to a common cause as well as healthy competition.
N.B I am top of my year in grammar school, get straight As, have a wide range of friends, and pursue other interests such as hiking, archery and rugby. Pokemon has left me a stronger not weaker person. Thought you should know!
Old 04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
poochyena girl Offline
Master Trainer

I am 10, and my mum and dad let me play pokemon cos it makes me happy.
and it isn't just violence, It's about humans and pokemon connecting and training to be
stronger and happier.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Vampire Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Vampire Send a message via MSN to Vampire

good day, my name is Xalo (Strange I know) I am also 15 :)
I have been into pokemon forever, and basically the main plot is; ash becomes good friends with his pokemon and they help him on a journey though the pokemon world.
They battle is like a sport and you do tornaments, (just like martial arts), But at the end of evey battle it shows the trainers are always friends when they lose.
Plus...
Their pokemon always get better!
By nurse Joy!

Thanks for listning
Xalo Whyatt
Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Espeon lover Offline
New Trainer

I'm 10. my mom,dad (mostly dad), and sis love pokemon! I don't think it's BAD (Max is annoying he's the worst part!) and I get exited when they battle! it's not PHISICAL like punching and stuff, it's all about stratigy! (I've been watching pokemon since I was 2 years old)
Old 04-11-2006, 10:19 AM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon lover
I'm 10. my mom,dad (mostly dad), and sis love pokemon! I don't think it's BAD (Max is annoying he's the worst part!) and I get exited when they battle! it's not PHISICAL like punching and stuff, it's all about stratigy! (I've been watching pokemon since I was 2 years old)
Absolutely, pokemon is primarily a strategy game. I think sometimes people are presented with a one sided arguement, or catch a bit of the show during a tough battle scene and jump to the wrong conclusion.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:23 AM
sonano Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via MSN to sonano

Pokemmon is all about teamwork and friendship, there is no reason that it should be thought of as bad

Old 04-11-2006, 07:19 PM
zwandude15 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zwandude15

Pokemon isn't violent. If it were, I'd expect to see more gory images on-screen.

Besides, if she associates "violence" with the fact that they "die", she's got it all wrong.

As many tend to forget in speech, you don't "kill" someone elses pokemon, you make them faint temporarily, followed by being restored back to full health.

As it's been said, their moves are totally fantastical, as no real animal can pull out an Iron Tail. Jellyfish are probably the only things closest to having abilities, and hardly anyone sees them everyday...

It's more or less about the adventure, getting to raise them properly, and last but not least, catching them all!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Dragonfree Offline
Experienced Trainer

I am a 16-year-old female and I've liked Pokémon since I was ten. During the course of these years I have much thought about the things that make so many parents dislike Pokémon.

The games do not pomote violence. All fighting in the games is performed by creatures who do not fight to the death and, indeed, enjoy the fighting. The battling is treated as solely a sport and using it to settle personal disputes between trainers is strongly discouraged.

In fact, the importance of the bond between trainer and Pokémon is specifically emphasized: when you defeat the final challenge in the game (known as the "Elite Four"), you are in fact specifically reminded that your victory was not only your own. Your trust and love for your Pokémon is the real reason you are there.

The Pokémon games are in no way fighting games. They are open-ended strategy role-playing games. Among the things you can do other than battle in the games are participating in Pokémon contests, exploring a world and doing various side-quests to help people on your way.

Even when your Pokémon get hurt, they never die. In fact the person who is playing the game can develop a real bond with his or her Pokémon because of the fact that they are not just game objects that one can use to fight until they get killed like in so many other strategy games: they stay indefinitely with you from when you first catch them, always growing stronger but never dying. In the end you feel attached to them like you might feel attached to a pet - I know many people who have lost a Pokémon game and gotten quite upset about it, and I in fact experienced it myself in the form of a relative overwriting the save file in my first game. I cried.

The Pokémon games are not games of mindless fighting or violence, and it saddens me every time I see a person insist that they are.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 PM
zwandude15 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to zwandude15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfree
I know many people who have lost a Pokémon game and gotten quite upset about it, and I in fact experienced it myself in the form of a relative overwriting the save file in my first game. I cried.
Years ago, when S/G first came out, I lost my Gameboy in the mall. I only realized I had lost it when I got back to my car. My dad went in the mall to go see if there was anything in the lost and found, but no such luck. I cried so hard...I missed my pokemon I trained so much for...

The bond is definitely there. This game teaches great moral values.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Ricky Offline
Banned

I'm a puny age of 9 years old. Sure, that is young but I know Pokemon is not violent at all. It seems violent but is NOT VIOLENT AT ALL! Okay, Hitmonchan vs. Snorlax is physical violence but there's hardly any Fighting types! Probably, 4 or 5 compared to all 500? That makes no sense. What I mean is Pokemon is 98% Not Violent! I said 98% because it's a little violent here and there but like I'm keep on repeating so you understand this: POKEMON IS NOT VIOLENT!

Sincerly,
Ricky
Owner Of The HD Forums
Old 04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwandude15
Years ago, when S/G first came out, I lost my Gameboy in the mall. I only realized I had lost it when I got back to my car. My dad went in the mall to go see if there was anything in the lost and found, but no such luck. I cried so hard...I missed my pokemon I trained so much for...

The bond is definitely there. This game teaches great moral values.
and a similar thing happened to me
my gold suddenly got erased
I lost my lvl 100 jolteon
and my lvl 90 some mew2 nidoking blissey
and a bunch of others

and pokemons fine I just hate the anime movies I think theyre dumb (sorry anyone who likes them)
oh and im 12

Last edited by Ridley; 04-12-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:17 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I think people find it hard to adapt to new things, anime is a new kind of cartoon in the West and I think people are a little apprehensive. It should be noted that Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors are different kinds of animation from BugsBunny, which is fun, but is there for a quick laugh. If people appreciated them instead of comparing them they might find them a bit more enjoyable.