Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Spin Offs

We've had Pokemon Chronicles, but does anyone have any thoughts on other characters who should have had a spin off series?
Personally I'd love to have seen some of the gym leaders featured more often.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Spin Offs

AJ, the guy with the Sandshrew from the first season.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:54 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Yeah I would have like to have seen where that led
Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

How about some episodes that have the journeys of Ash's rivals - Gary, Tyson, Morrison, etc. and May's rivals - Harley (maybe) and Drew.

Also, when Max goes on his own journey, it'd be cool to see what he would do...
Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OK, I was away for awhile and this has sort of been left alone...
Sceptile Frost has got a great idea here, although Gary becomes a researcher, I think some episodes should be dedicated to the rivals. After all to be rivals they would have to be reasonable trainers and you would be forgiven to think that therefore they must lead as interseting and action-packed lives as the main characters.

NB: nothing against Gary, great guy, but I don't know that Pokemon researching would make action packed television, could be wrong though.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker matt
OK, I was away for awhile and this has sort of been left alone...
Sceptile Frost has got a great idea here, although Gary becomes a researcher, I think some episodes should be dedicated to the rivals. After all to be rivals they would have to be reasonable trainers and you would be forgiven to think that therefore they must lead as interseting and action-packed lives as the main characters.

NB: nothing against Gary, great guy, but I don't know that Pokemon researching would make action packed television, could be wrong though.
I mean like in their journey while they were rivals of Ash. So, for example, the episodes on Gary would show how he caught and evolved and befriended his pokemon.

Though really all these spin-offs probably wouldn't be on tv at all, I think. So, imagine a monthy subscription to a site were you can dowload spin-offs, be they like the anime or a more darker world of pokemon, be it about Ash as a clone two-hundred years later, or a Star-Wars-like Pokemon series. Now that would be cool.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

I think it would be cool to see what Pikachu's life was like before it met Ash and what made it dislike Pokeballs and stuff. More of Misty is always good =P Episodes about Ash's childhood might be cute, and I agree with Sceptile Frost, watching Gary's journey would be good too.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:49 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I wonder that if they wrote episodes about Ash's childhood they could hint at who is father is?
Or how about a series set about a generation back, following parents, Team Rocket's origins and some older Gym Leaders and their older Pokemon when they were younger. A series like this could show us some closer links between the characters that we are unaware of; like the Star Wars prequels.