Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: General Board

Pokemon: General Board General discussion about Pokemon in general. If the topic of your thread does not fall into the subjects in the other boards, post it there. In other words, everything else belongs here if it doesn't have a board of its own.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Default Pokemon Elements

Have you noticed that that most ample element is Water, and the most patheitic element is Fire? Is there an element Water hasn't teamed up with (Swampert- Water Ground, Ludicolo- Water Grass). Now that I think, though, only Steel and Fire. Fire, however, does not team up with alot of elements. It only teams up with Ground, Rock, Flying, and Dark. And there arent even that many Fire pokemon! I think they should expand there fire element during the next gen.. I'm a Water Trainer, but I miss having Fire pokemon to beat up!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:05 AM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress
Default Re: Pokemon Elements

Your point has been finely proven but as you can see they don't seem to be taking notice on the fire shortage you might call it. The new Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of the 4th generation is assumingly Manaphy/Manafi which believe it or not is a water type. And with the Mantine pre-evo being Water also, it's an obvious hint on the increase in water Pokemon.
But that doesn't surprise me since the new movie, Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea, obviously stars Water Pokemon. <hint, hint, hence it's name>

Now for the Fire Pokemon shortage. There are enough Fire Pokemon as is. No need for more. With the wider variety in oceans/lakes/streams/etc the creators are using that as an advantage.

Oh and about you kicking fire Pokemon butt... just so you know a lot of Fire Pokemon users equip their Pokemon with the Sunny Day+Solarbeam combo. Very casual yet powerful. Just so you know it's quite popular.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:06 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Steel/Fire would be an awesome combo. Maybe some old fire type could have a new evolution with steel the way Steelix did. Magcargo would be cool.

I agree that more dual types would be nice. I personally, would like to see an ice/steel or ice/electric.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:29 AM
The Shogun Offline
Experienced Trainer

But if, like in our world, water covers 70% of the pokemon world, and in our world water life is the most abundant, then wouldn't there be more water types and combinations?
Old 04-17-2006, 03:53 AM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shogun
But if, like in our world, water covers 70% of the pokemon world, and in our world water life is the most abundant, then wouldn't there be more water types and combinations?
This one has a good point. Shouldn't there be more flying types than there are then? They gots plenty of sky in the Pokemon World too.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:21 AM
Pickleboy Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoniteMistress
Your point has been finely proven but as you can see they don't seem to be taking notice on the fire shortage you might call it. The new Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of the 4th generation is assumingly Manaphy/Manafi which believe it or not is a water type. And with the Mantine pre-evo being Water also, it's an obvious hint on the increase in water Pokemon.
But that doesn't surprise me since the new movie, Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea, obviously stars Water Pokemon. <hint, hint, hence it's name>

Now for the Fire Pokemon shortage. There are enough Fire Pokemon as is. No need for more. With the wider variety in oceans/lakes/streams/etc the creators are using that as an advantage.

Oh and about you kicking fire Pokemon butt... just so you know a lot of Fire Pokemon users equip their Pokemon with the Sunny Day+Solarbeam combo. Very casual yet powerful. Just so you know it's quite popular.
I noticed that Manaphy is a water type. I never said anything about Water Pokemon shortage, for I know there ate a TON of Water Pokemon. And even if they DO have enough Fire pokemon, there dual-elemnts with fire arent very expanded. And I was joking about the kicking fire's butt, for I relize as a Water Trainer that even they can be hazardoes with the right move set. For peole who use Fire pokemon, there's no chance for them to arrange there elements so that you wont be weak against other elements and have advantages against other elements other than bug, steel and grass. My water team branches with other elements to assure advantages and secure weak points. And since Water and Fire are the most popular elements, I think they should lower the water count and raise the fire count, or at least the new fire pokemon should be increased with dual type with elements like Water has. Like what !CeMAn said, a Fire-Steel Pokemon would be awsome, AND woul have better protection from other elements, though it does make it mre prone to Water...

Last edited by Pickleboy; 04-17-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:25 AM
The Shogun Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
This one has a good point. Shouldn't there be more flying types than there are then? They gots plenty of sky in the Pokemon World too.
Most things that fly in our world are insects, and there are plenty of those in Pokemon too. As many birds as there are, land and sea are still more numerous, as the sky is a radical evolutionary step not often made.