Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Bulba88 Offline
New Trainer

Default New Voices For Pokemon

I watched the pokemon special, the mastermind of the mirage pokemon. I liked all but one thing. The voices of the characters have changed. I knew this was ghoing to happen but I didn't think they would be so bad. These voices just don't cut it. On seribii.net they are trying to get the old voices back. I urge all true pokemon fans to go that website and voice your opinion.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:21 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI
Default Re: New Voices For Pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulba88
I watched the pokemon special, the mastermind of the mirage pokemon. I liked all but one thing. The voices of the characters have changed. I knew this was ghoing to happen but I didn't think they would be so bad. These voices just don't cut it. On seribii.net they are trying to get the old voices back. I urge all true pokemon fans to go that website and voice your opinion.
Same for me, I never watch the anime and the new dubbing sucks(I have seen the older stuff).

I'd sign a petition to get that god-awfull brock voice out of here.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

Quote:
i am going there right now, kill the newb actors

Made By Me :D
Old 04-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Thrall Offline

Send a message via AIM to Thrall Send a message via Yahoo to Thrall

May's only Ten and they gave her a Deeper voice then me.Ash's voice sucked.Even Pikachu's voice changed and it sucks.If they change the voice's of Pokemon on the Anime im gonna boy-cot the show.And all the kids in the school I go to are gonna do the same thing.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:06 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

Quote:
Originally Posted by miloticmaster
May's only Ten and they gave her a Deeper voice then me.Ash's voice sucked.Even Pikachu's voice changed and it sucks.If they change the voice's of Pokemon on the Anime im gonna boy-cot the show.And all the kids in the school I go to are gonna do the same thing.
Thats "Boycott" you know.
Anyway, yes voices on the show suck. I hate the new Misty, and will sign that when I stop being lazy.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

Quote:
Dangit, you beat me to it T_T

Yes the voices suck eggs big time, and this will take some gatting used to.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Pika57 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via ICQ to Pika57 Send a message via AIM to Pika57 Send a message via MSN to Pika57 Send a message via Yahoo to Pika57

I don't think those were the new voice actors.

In the articles, its said that they are going to replace them, and i doubt that they have changed them yet.

Its like in a lot of anime movies.. or at least dubbed ones: they use different voice actors.

Things I've learned in WAR RPs- War is Hell.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Yeah, they're going back to the regulars next week.

Although Brock's and James' made me want to tear my hair out.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

They're going back to the "regulars" next week because the Dub is still currently in Season 8, which 4Kids has the license for.

Anyway, as I've yet to finish downloading (Wasn't shown here in the UK), I can't give a full opinion. I have, however, watched two clips, among which pretty much every characters voice was featured.

For the voices, I actually like them, and I probably will in the full episode (Clips I watched totalled around 7 minutes, so don't think I only heard a line for each char). Seems music from the Japanese series has been used, too, which is a plus.

I'll give a better opinion of the voices/acting after watching it in its entirety, though.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 04-30-2006, 04:03 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika57
I don't think those were the new voice actors.

In the articles, its said that they are going to replace them, and i doubt that they have changed them yet.

Its like in a lot of anime movies.. or at least dubbed ones: they use different voice actors.
But wasn't the whole point of this special to test the new voice actors, or not? =\

And Pokemon has never used different voice actors in the specials or movies, I don't see why they'd start now.

I've heard the voices are bad, but I can't really say as I haven't seen it myself.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Every Villain Is Lemons Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Every Villain Is Lemons

Brock's voice was the worst in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:46 AM
Totodile158 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Totodile158 Send a message via MSN to Totodile158

I hate the new voices to be completely honest. The worst one was Brock. I want the old voices back!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:03 AM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

Just finished watching. Personally, I loved the voices; much better than the beginning of Indigo. Sure, they're not perfect, but I still liked them. That's all that really matters to me.

It's really pissing me off though (Excuse the language), at how it seems hundreds of people have amazingly become accomplished fortune tellers, and begun foretelling the demise of the anime if it continues on the current path. Such idiots...

Then again, I watch both the dub and raw, so more than 1 voice for a single character is pretty much normal to me. I especially liked Mays new voice. Just a little more practice with different tones of voice and she'll be one of the better new voices.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist

Last edited by Zenaku; 04-30-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Well I've heard a few clips of Misty, Ash and Team Rocket, and I have to say that, IMO, Ash's voice is horrible. It doesn't even sound like him anymore =[ Misty's voice is too high pitched and James' voice sounds totally wrong for his character. I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon with the whole 'save the dub' thing before I properly heard what the voices were, but now I'm really wishing that they kept the old voice actors =\
Old 04-30-2006, 07:38 AM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaquanzaFan
Same for me, I never watch the anime and the new dubbing sucks(I have seen the older stuff).

I'd sign a petition to get that god-awfull brock voice out of here.
Noooooo, it was recently on? Aww, darn it! I either had to visit my Grandfather or some project came up at my house. I can't believe I missed the special, wish a Ebert and Roepert reviewed that!

Somehow, I'm not surprised that the new talent would be bad! Brings me back to the British voice of Sailor Moon in action, and Tuxedo Mask talking like a drip!

And if WB is putting stuff on this CW channel, and some of us may not even get this channel (see Boomerang froM Cartoon Network that I'll never get in my lifetime), 9th season could be in trouble if it's not shown and who knows what WB is doing with their shows.