Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Ampod Offline
New Trainer

Question About new versions

Do Diamond and Pearl Versions will only appear in Nintendo DS?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Katera Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Katera Send a message via MSN to Katera Send a message via Yahoo to Katera Send a message via Skype™ to Katera
Default Re: About new versions

I believe that's correct. It's more then likely Diamond and Pearl will be on DS, and DS alone.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:18 AM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

Yes, this belongs on the special discussion thread for it.(Don't mean to mini-mod)

I do belive so, the DS is the new Gameboy. I plan to buy it when it comes out.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 PM
ELMO Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ELMO Send a message via MSN to ELMO Send a message via Skype™ to ELMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaquanzaFan
Yes, this belongs on the special discussion thread for it.(Don't mean to mini-mod)

I do belive so, the DS is the new Gameboy. I plan to buy it when it comes out.
DS is definitely NOT the new Gameboy. They are seperate systems, as pointed out by Nintendo, and the continued development of the Gameboy franchise of games and systems is also proof.

It disgusts me that the DS is so popular. I dislike the system's configuration (I believe it could've been much better), and the fact that the Pokemon games are coming out on it shows Nintendo's desperation to make the DS more popular than it is (also note that there is no "Gameboy" in front of DS). They should just stick to the GB, as it's a solid, proven system, or move the games completely to solid console (Wii anyone?) as to promote that console. DS launched too long ago to try to pump more life into it with the Pokemon franchise. Nintendo enjoys alienating gamers, though. Just look at their now-dead philosophy on Internet gaming! "People don't like to play online."

Hopefully, Nintendo will realize their mistake before Pokemon is killed off compeltely.

Check out my Loowa profile. Sign up yourself and add me! =D
Old 05-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Matt Offline
<- Khold's Butt
Elite Trainer (Level 7)

Send a message via AIM to Matt

ELMO, what you said is the exact reason there is still no DS in my hands, I am content with the GBA. It is easy to use, has no flaws, and needs no additions. I most likely will get a DS to play D/P, but I really do wish the developers would have considered making a GBA version as well.
------
FrozenChaos703: I have a kitty named Peaches.
FrozenChaos703: She can stand on my boobs.
FrozenChaos703: Without falling.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Red.Falcon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Red.Falcon Send a message via MSN to Red.Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Red.Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense.2
ELMO, what you said is the exact reason there is still no DS in my hands, I am content with the GBA. It is easy to use, has no flaws, and needs no additions. I most likely will get a DS to play D/P, but I really do wish the developers would have considered making a GBA version as well.
I have a DS, and I'm fine with it. When I'm bored, I can just mess around on Picto-chat with myself. And I still play GBA games on it, too. Doesn't bother me that there is no GBA link port, there is almost no one to link with near me.

Anyway, those D/P screens are pretty cool. Check 'em out if you haven't.

WARNING: Some posts may contain lead.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Zenaku Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Zenaku Send a message via MSN to Zenaku Send a message via Yahoo to Zenaku

You're forgetting that the DS is quite popular around the world, especially in Japan. Nintendos new take on the video game industry (innovation) is pulling in an enourmous amount of 3rd part support, too, so the DS won't kill the Pokemon series.

As for GameBoy, make sure you're aware we may not see a new GameBoy from this point on, as hinted at E3.

Besides, D/P wasn't a launch title because GameFreak was still wrapped up in the 3rd Generation at the time.

I don't have a DS, personally, but I will be getting one at D/Ps release next year, hopefully along with several other games which will see English releases (Xenosaga 1+2, Tales of Tempest and stuff). The DS may be no GameBoy, but it's definately the handheld of the future.

As long as we continue to fight, and destroy, we are forever prisoners of our ignorance and foolishness; true 'freedom' does not exist
Old 05-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Edward Elric Offline
Experienced Trainer

I'm already saving for it! Gotta save my money if I wanna buy the system, game, and guide!

I love Toushiro Hitsugaya!!! *squee fest*

Please join my anime forum!! My name is Shiro-Chan.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:19 AM
Dream Eater Offline
New Trainer

I'm going to get DS for Pokemon DP.

I wonder what they will call the yellow/crystal/emerald version of DP.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:24 PM
absol2005 Offline

Send a message via MSN to absol2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Eater
I'm going to get DS for Pokemon DP.

I wonder what they will call the yellow/crystal/emerald version of DP.
Eh, say the name of some stone that is so beautiful like diamond and pearl and your question is answered.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:28 PM
ELMO Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ELMO Send a message via MSN to ELMO Send a message via Skype™ to ELMO

Ehh, the DS still is a product of someone's free time. The PSP is a better idea (don't go flaming me), but PS2-quality graphics processing in a handheld is amazing. The DS is not quite that good (though they are pretty spiffy). I prefer the PSP's size, and the GBA's. The DS is too clunky for me (and two screens is too much for me to focus on), so in my opinion the single screen is better and much easier to focus on.

I want the new Pokemon versions to see a port either to GC or GBA.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Red.Falcon Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Red.Falcon Send a message via MSN to Red.Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Red.Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMO
Ehh, the DS still is a product of someone's free time. The PSP is a better idea (don't go flaming me), but PS2-quality graphics processing in a handheld is amazing. The DS is not quite that good (though they are pretty spiffy). I prefer the PSP's size, and the GBA's. The DS is too clunky for me (and two screens is too much for me to focus on), so in my opinion the single screen is better and much easier to focus on.

I want the new Pokemon versions to see a port either to GC or GBA.
No offence, but how they port a touch-screen activated game on GBA or GCN? And, the DS is better than a PSP. PSP is too much like the generic handheld. Does it bring anything new to the table? Sure, UMD Video, but we have GBA Video, too. Besides the good graphics, the PSP is too...well, normal and bland.

Anyway, I might get D/P....I need to check Serebii every so often to see the differences. I woulda gotten FireRed instead of LeafGreen, had I not known the vital differences.

WARNING: Some posts may contain lead.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:07 AM
ELMO Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Falcon
No offence, but how they port a touch-screen activated game on GBA or GCN? And, the DS is better than a PSP. PSP is too much like the generic handheld. Does it bring anything new to the table? Sure, UMD Video, but we have GBA Video, too. Besides the good graphics, the PSP is too...well, normal and bland.

Anyway, I might get D/P....I need to check Serebii every so often to see the differences. I woulda gotten FireRed instead of LeafGreen, had I not known the vital differences.
Touchscreen, in my opinion, is a horrible idea. It bring gaming into touching. Similar to how the Wii will make it into a remote, it's to make it easier for non-gamers to use, and just insults regular/pro gamers such as myself.

Though it's indeed interesting, it's more of a novelty than a good application, especially for a handheld. If I want touchscreen, I'd go with a tablet PC, or the results of the Origami project, as they give FULL video, as in, 64 megabyte cards that support bumpmapping, etc. I prefer conventional controls, as the touchscreen is distracting and difficult to handle, especially on a handheld.

I will stow the "touching" jokes for the sake of rating (G for this one!).

Old 05-17-2006, 04:28 AM
Pickleboy Offline

HOLD ON! Let's think for a moment. I'm hearing some things are pointless because other things do the same thing, right? That's like saying "why watch DVD's when you got a Video Player right here?" And for your (no one in particular) info, the DS happens to be a great idea. Without the DS, we couldn't MKDS anyone! We couldn't play games with others just anywhere. All I'm saying is that in my opinion, the Nintendo DS was one of the greatest things ever. I also want to point out that Nintendo shouldn't be compared to other systems because Nintendo is trying to be unique. It's basicly the Playstation V.S X Box (which, by the way, Playstation whoops, and there have been complaints on the X Box 360 side.).
Old 05-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

Quote:
(and two screens is too much for me to focus on), so in my opinion the single screen is better and much easier to focus on.

And you know what? The two screens alone take up a lot of battery juice... But, when the new DS comes out (DS Lite), it will take up a lot more batteries!

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but when I said battery juice, I meant you have to keep on constantly charging it.

Quote:
I will stow the "touching" jokes for the sake of rating (G for this one!).

^LOL^ Puns.