Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Default Pokemon Chronicles

I'm really excited about watching it tonight? What about anyone else? It's gonna premiere in about 1 hour.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto
Default Re: Pokemon Chronicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpiguno
I'm really excited about watching it tonight? What about anyone else? It's gonna premiere in about 1 hour.
Yeah, I'm going to watch it. Raikou is one of my fav Poké. Iit premieres about the same time it premieres where you are.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:55 AM
The Shogun Offline
Experienced Trainer

I recorded it on my DVR. Question: where does this all take place? It has a Johto feel to it, does it not?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Kayden Javlaíakín Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shogun
I recorded it on my DVR. Question: where does this all take place? It has a Johto feel to it, does it not?
Yes, it takes place in Johto.

I managed to stream it last night. I thought it was actually quite good, though that one girl got on my nerves with her dances and stuff... T.T

I can't wait to see Part II, lol. I hope it's as good as theis one was! ^__^

~ *Kayden

yeah yeah yeah
Old 06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

To tell you the truth, I was very ready to hate every minute of this special but, I LOVED IT!!! The only thing I didn't like was the name changes again. Although I like having the girls old name back, Jimmy! WTF was that! That name does NOT do his character justice, but I guess its better than Yoshi.

(Raikou, we love you!)
Old 06-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno mystery
To tell you the truth, I was very ready to hate every minute of this special but, I LOVED IT!!! The only thing I didn't like was the name changes again. Although I like having the girls old name back, Jimmy! WTF was that! That name does NOT do his character justice, but I guess its better than Yoshi.

(Raikou, we love you!)
I thought his name fits him okay, and the voice is real good. The voice DOES fit him. Unlike the new voice of Ash. The storyline is real good, and I can't say enough about the animation. Although the new episodes themeselves look better and better, they just need better storylines.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:11 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

I didn't like it so much when it started. Especially the part of the main character's name is Jimmy. And well also the Hitmonlee sounded freakin' girly. I'm confused about Marina. Is she in love with that Ecruteak guy or Jimmy? Crap, I said Jimmy again. THE HORROR!!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Ham and Cheese Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Ham and Cheese

This was the first time I watched the anime in quite possibly years, but I must say that this was definitely better than the episodes I HAVE seen. Raikou is one of my favorite legendaries (Suicune owns though). Jimmy -the name- annoyed me a little, though. Marina was kind of pesky, but she was sweet. I liked her. I think she's in love with Jimmy, and Vincent just likes her.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika
I didn't like it so much when it started. Especially the part of the main character's name is Jimmy. And well also the Hitmonlee sounded freakin' girly. I'm confused about Marina. Is she in love with that Ecruteak guy or Jimmy? Crap, I said Jimmy again. THE HORROR!!!!
OMG, yeah, the Hitmonlee sounded weird. I guess they were trying to make it sound like a Hitmontop.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:51 PM
The Shogun Offline
Experienced Trainer

Hey, individual pokemon are differant. Maybe it was just female. I for one thought it was much better than the regular show. The story flowed smoother, and the characters acted more realisticly. Cool villians too. One look at Attila and Hun and you know they ain't blastin off to nowhere. I was almost rooting for them. I mean, come on! Why is that every time a main character sees a Rocket catching Pokemon, its wrong?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 PM
DragoniteMistress Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to DragoniteMistress Send a message via Yahoo to DragoniteMistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shogun
Hey, individual pokemon are differant. Maybe it was just female. I for one thought it was much better than the regular show. The story flowed smoother, and the characters acted more realisticly. Cool villians too. One look at Attila and Hun and you know they ain't blastin off to nowhere. I was almost rooting for them. I mean, come on! Why is that every time a main character sees a Rocket catching Pokemon, its wrong?
Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, and Tyrogue are all 100% male Pokemon like Chansey, Jynx, Taruos, and Miltank are 100% of their gender.

Isn't Jimmy's (dare I say it) name really Kenta or something like that? I'm glad they didn't change Marina's name but her voice pisses me off, it's agitating. The new Team Rocket members are better than Jesse and James too, Meowth annoyed me so much... Now you can see Team Rocket's true dark essence. XD

Last edited by DragoniteMistress; 06-04-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

Hey.

In the UK have had it for eges. I was wondering, which one did you see of the legand of thunders? Cuz there are 3 parts to that

Made By Me :D
Old 06-04-2006, 09:57 PM
napoleonn 4 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Isn't pokemon chronicles the last season of pokemon?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonn 4
Isn't pokemon chronicles the last season of pokemon?
Oh my....no it's not. Pokemon Chronicles is basically a series of Pokemon episodes that were not shown in the USA. This is the first time for the USA. The regular Pokemon series has much much more to go. Already more than 500 episodes.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon Rinage
Hey.

In the UK have had it for eges. I was wondering, which one did you see of the legand of thunders? Cuz there are 3 parts to that
I'm sure people already knew it was on in the UK. And I already knew it had 3 parts to it. (Thanx Serebii.net) I wish they would've had the whole Johto season on him instead of Ash.

All the voices fit perfectly except for Marina's.