Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:01 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Coro Coro Reveals More on Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl!

Coro Coro Reveals More on Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl!
-07/12/06-

Coro Coro, a Japanese gaming magazine, has revealed more pictures and information on Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl.

The Three New Pokemon Revealed
We now have better pictures of the three new Pokemon that were first seen on the cover of Pokemon Wonderland Volume 8 (in the cover, the image released was very small, so it was difficult to see what the three Pokemon really looked like). The three Pokemon's Japanese names are Cherimu (the flower-like Pokemon, a grass type), Pachirisu (the squirrel-like Pokemon, an electric type), and Dorapion (the scorpion-like Pokemon, a poison/dark type).

The Two Legendary Pokemon
Though already revealed clearly before (small image of them, but was clear enough to see what we're looking at), the magazine gives us a better look at the two legendaries for Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. Pokemon Diamond is represented by Diaruga (with the power over space), and Pokemon Pearl is represented by Parukia (with the power over time).

Wi-Fi Features - Online Battling and Online Trading
It was revealed last month that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will have online voice chat via the DS Wi-Fi connection. It's now confirmed that online battling and online trading will be available in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. The Wi-Fi features can be accessed through the lower level of a Pokemon Center.

Box Art and Release Date Confirmed
The box art and exact date of release was first revealed by AM3 (a Japanese company that produces Pokemon anime media that can be played on the GBA and DS in Japan). The picture of the box art and release date information was soon pulled off the AM3's website. This issue of Coro Coro confirms the box art and release date was indeed correct. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will be released in Japan on September 28, 2006. There is currently no US release date available.

Bottom Screen Functionality Revealed
What the bottom screen of the DS will show during a battle has been a mystery (there were no screenshots before this that showed what the bottom screen would show), but the issue reveals that the bottom screen will contain all the battle menus.

Team Galaxy
The evil team in the game is Team Galaxy.

New Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Anime Series
A new Pokemon series, called Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (same as the games), will air in Japan this Fall. The series will feature the female character from the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl games as the main character in the series.

Coro Coro Scans (Click to Enlarge)

Related Links
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
New Pokemon

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Re: Coro Coro Reveals More on Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl!

Looks interesting..I cannot wait till September
Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

I can only say..t3h woot. Diamond and Pearl are gonna be the biggest thing in pokemon for along time.

Made By Me :D
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Hypocrisy is Fun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Hypocrisy is Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeon Rinage View Post
I can only say..t3h woot. Diamond and Pearl are gonna be the biggest thing in pokemon for along time.
I said that about Pokemon Yellow once.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Pokemon Trainer Sarah Offline
Expecto Patronum!

Send a message via AIM to Pokemon Trainer Sarah Send a message via MSN to Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Quote:
A new Pokemon series, called Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (same as the games), will air in Japan this Fall. The series will feature the female character from the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl games as the main character in the series.
Hmm, so is this seperate (like a Chronicles thing) to the regular show with Ash and co. or will it replace it or what? They can't get rid of Ash, right? o_o
Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

probably seperate like the ones with Raikou and etc... but it'll be a nice fresh start imo, several people I think are starting to get bored of Ash =P

and those legendaries seriously look like Gundams o_O cool
Old 07-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Seven Offline

A blue Pikachu with a bigger tail, OML how original!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
The Two Legendary Pokemon
Though already revealed clearly before (small image of them, but was clear enough to see what we're looking at), the magazine gives us a better look at the two legendaries for Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl. Pokemon Diamond is represented by Diaruga (with the power over space), and Pokemon Pearl is represented by Parukia (with the power over time).
Cool. Parukia would be the one I would want to get first. Just the name makes it sound awesome to me

Quote:
Wi-Fi Features - Online Battling and Online Trading
It was revealed last month that Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will have online voice chat via the DS Wi-Fi connection. It's now confirmed that online battling and online trading will be available in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. The Wi-Fi features can be accessed through the lower level of a Pokemon Center.
Do you know if this is only open for the area around you (local) or across country? If it's open for across country, somone on Pe2K could start up a trading thread and people could start requesting Pokemon they want and others could respond for a trade.

Quote:
Finally... If Ash isn't in the season, I'll be extremely happy. I'm sorta getting tired of only Ash with other trainers tagging along. Please tell me Ash won't be involved.

My Goal for Pearl is to complete it in 24 hrs game time. Be a first for me if I can...

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 07-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Daniella Defines Divinity Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD, I doubt anyone will belive but I dreamt about those 3 new pokemon last night, they looked like that and the types etc and just checking now was the first time I've heard anything about it. This is really freaky, kina scary >.< ...

Anyways that squirrel one is so cute! (same thing I said in my dream)>.<
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
absol2005 Offline

Send a message via MSN to absol2005

The scorpion is disappointing. It ruins the dark family.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Sleepy Sheep Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by absol2005 View Post
The scorpion is disappointing. It ruins the dark family.
It doesn't even look like a Pokemon.

But they did a great job with the other two! They look just like Pokemon. I wonder if Cherimu'll be a starter.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Ninetales WolfFire Offline
New Trainer

OMG I am getting a pretty strong feeling that Daimond and PEarl are going to be some of the best PKMN games yet-I can't wait 'till they come out^_^ the two legendaries look awesome, and Pachirisu is so cute^3^ the only thing is, Dorapion kinda worries me on future PKMN faces, seeing how its eyes (or eye panelsO_o;;) aren't even fully connected to its headO_o;;;.....
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
absol2005 Offline

Send a message via MSN to absol2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpiguno View Post
I wonder if Cherimu'll be a starter.
I doubt it. Starters are usually the colour of their type.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

They could change that and make it the type they are weak to, or maybe just because it's flower looking doesn't necessarily make it a grass type.

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 07-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Nasty Plasty Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Nasty Plasty Send a message via MSN to Nasty Plasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotad View Post
They could change that and make it the type they are weak to, or maybe just because it's flower looking doesn't necessarily make it a grass type.
Lotad has a point. I looked at Kabuto and would never expect the water type.