Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Blaziken91 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Blaziken91
Default Need some ideas for a Pokemon journey

I want to start a pokemon journey. i've just thought this so please give me some ideas on this.

i need some city names, what kind off region i could call it, names for the characters.Or anything really. maybe some bad team or something like that.

anything you guys can add please put them here. I think this could be real cool once it get's started.

oh, almost forgot. I'll be out of town for a few days so the actual story won't start till i get back but post your thoughts and ideas and i'll read them when I get back!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Joltechu Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Re: Need some ideas for a Pokemon journey

well,I can name some bad guy teams...uhh,Team Electro,Team Twilight.
Umm,here's some city names I guess...Macaroni town(LMAO,srry was thinkin' of names of colours like the old games and I screwed...lol)
srry can't think up town names,most of 'em are already taken..
but here are some good names for charecters..
male
Drake
Dev
Seth

female
Seven
Brandy
Chris

that's all I got...
Old 08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
pokemon king Offline
Banned

ok i have a few things the region could be called pokemon island because alot of pokemon could live there and also i made up a team triyng 2 stop the evill team.the evil team is called elite agron team(they resorected anorith and evolved them) and the other team could b called elite force of rayquaza and they would use a bunch of dragons.also a battle could b held in the middle of the regions with both teams fighting eachother(efr(elite force of rayquaza wins).a city name could b pokehaeven town.

well thats alll i got.ur welcolm
Old 08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Why don't you just use one of the canon regions? Then you have region and city names, gym leaders, and basically everything else. You also have teams. (Of course, you don't need to call them Team ____. Try names closer to actual gangs - Relics, Slippery Sixes, or more mafia like gang names of larger evil organizations - Ruka Vinchi, Giosan Angelo, etc.)

Why do you need character names? Why can't the rpers pick them?
Old 08-17-2006, 06:53 PM
SteelArson Offline

Send a message via MSN to SteelArson

wat about place names like mountains and forests

city names

terudian city
norn city
baronful city

place names

dark wood vally
norn moor
mt. dandar

region name

Lonho
Rothoh

people names

gnarles
bryan
blane
rowan

evil team names

team mineral
team quake
team kinesis
Old 08-18-2006, 01:01 AM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

Consider looking at an atlas for place names and just take names and add town suffixes to them -

some suffixes:

-ton
-town
-dale
-burg
_ Rapids
_ Falls
_City

etc.

As for a region name, consider going to a online English to Foreign Language dictionary and making a word up from a foreign word for a word in English that describes your region.

As for names, look on a baby names site and search for names with a certain meaning or pick from lists of the most popular names.

Team names are getting really old. Try to have a team without the word "Team" in it. Try synonyms of group - assembly, company, association, cluster, and stuff like that.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Danne112 Offline

Lol I agree, anything made after Team Rocket just sounds lame. Now they've got Magma and Aqua, I think they're making a Team Galaxy...it just gets cheesy after a while. If they're going to do the same things as Team Rocket (steal pokemon, exploit trainers, etc) then I say keep Team Rocket. If they aren't, then change it, maybe think of one person who will be the sole leader and mastermind of the group and plan it around that character instead of picking a word to go behind "Team" and then limiting all of the members to that.

When I make up town names, I like to think of colors (since they do that in R/B/Y). If you can't think of an unusual ones, get out a good ol' box of Crayolas or go to Thesaurus.com and type in a regular color. Types of rocks make good ones too, like Garnet, Opal, Amethyst or Turquoise. Make sure you can provide a map if you do make up a new world though, otherwise it's too confusing to the RPers.

Also, make sure to give each town a personality. It'll be more interesting that way rather than just "Oh look, now were in Rock City. There's a lot of rocks..." Tell about what sort of people live there, the size, what the climate is and maybe any special geographical or cultural features. That will also give everyone an idea of what pokemon might be found there.

Good luck with your RP, hope you can take something from everyone's ideas and make something great out of it.

Danne