Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default [War] A Dream Unto Her

Sunday is gloomy. The sky is dark with thick rain clouds which threaten to open up at any moment and unleash a torrent to match that of the young Absol’s grief. Her hours have been slumber less, as the shadows she has been living with are numberless. She looks upon the little white flowers, knowing they will never awaken her love. Not from this final sleep, and not from where the black coach of sorrow has taken him. She knows in her mourning heart that angels have no thoughts, no thoughts at all of returning him.

“Wouldn’t they be angry,” she murmurs to herself, faintly, “if I thought of joining you?”

There comes a flash of lightening, followed by a roll of thunder, as if answering the Pokemon’s question. As fat drops of rain begin to pelt against her, she finds she is unable to leave the grave to find shelter. Soon, she is soaked, and even as the storm worsens, still she cannot leave.

Gloomy Sunday, very much so. As her pain and anguish increase, shadows from the nearby trees stretch out to engulf her. In her shattered heart, she decides to end it all.

“Soon, there’ll be candles, and prayers that I say that I know. They will be so, so sad. But please, let them not weep. Let them know that I’ll be glad to go.” Here she pauses, staring at the small grave marker made of sticks. “Death…is no dream. But oh, in death I’ll be caressing you. And with the very last breath of my soul I’ll be blessing you…”

Here, the Absol closes her eyes, tears flowing. When she opens them she is surprised to find herself lying in a warm, sunlit field. Wild flowers grow in abundance around her, and the cheery song of a flock of Taillow fills her ears. Lying beside her is a handsome Mightyena, his eyes closed in peaceful slumber.

“Dreaming,” she whispers to herself. “I…was only dreaming.” Indeed, for she has woken to find her love sleeping deeply beside her. She remembers now, their playing before flinging themselves down to rest. She sighs softly as she lowers her head back down between her paws. “Oh, my darling…I hope this dream never haunts you. Even though my heart is telling you how much I love you, I pray you never go through this.”

And as she closes her eyes, a final tear trickles into her fur. She falls back into sleep beside her love, knowing it is anything but a Gloomy Sunday…

Song: Gloomy Sunday
By: Sarah McLauclan (I think I spelled her last name wrong )
Lyrics:

Sunday is gloomy, my hours are slumber less
Dear, as the shadows I live with are numberless
Little white flowers, will never awaken you
Not where the black coach of sorrow has taken you
Angels have no thoughts, of ever returning you
Wouldn't they be angry, if I thought of joining you?

*Gloomy Sunday
Gloomy Sunday

Gloomy Sunday, in shadows I spend it all
My heart and I, have decided to end it all
Soon there'll be candles, and prayers that I say that I know
But let them not weep, let them know, that I'm glad to go
And death is no dream, and in death I'm caressing you
With the last breath of my soul, I'll be blessing you

*Repeat

Dreaming, I was only dreaming
I wake and I find you were sleeping the sleep of my heart
Sleep...