Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 05-22-2004, 11:22 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default May's first battle with Drew/Shuu

My opinion, it just didn't look right. It was far too short, Team Rocket ruined the moment of suspense, and Drew vs May is simply bad, it doesn't even compare to Ash and Gary's rival at all. THey tried to make Drew sound like Gary and all, pompaus stuff and all that, just wasn't there. May was really over emotional in her battle, I thought she was going to start crying and all that! The battle was nothing short of a D grade, May was about as shaky as a rookie QB going out there and doing bad! May is a rookie, I know, but the mistakes were just awful.

Funny moments I loved though were Torchic eats the bluk berries, then tries to run up a hill and falls down! Too bad for a little Pokemon, Torchic couldn't fly. But May has to really be nicer to her Pokemon, that was a bad way to scold Torchic like that! Seeing Giovanni drinking Bluk Berry juice for shinier hair and to promote Team Rocket was the funniest skit ever! THat was unreal and hiliarious.

Rating: 7
Old 05-22-2004, 11:25 PM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange
Default Re: May's first battle with Drew/Shuu

Well at least they didnt really screw up and name Drew Larry.

Rating: 6
Old 05-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

Horrible. I didn't even watch all of the battle. 4/10

Seriously they need to come up with better ideas. -_- Digimon wouldn't have something that lame.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:38 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

It was not a good battle unfortunately, only the hijinks saved the show from being a total disaster. Some of the Hoenn eps have certainly not lived up to potential. Glad I didn't post this on Serebii's forum, they'd probably yank it off.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Hoenn Mirror Girl Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via ICQ to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via AIM to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via MSN to Hoenn Mirror Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Hoenn Mirror Girl

For once, I have to agree with you guys and consider this the one of the curses of the Hoenn series. Roselia's attacks looked semi-cool, but that's about it.
5/10
Old 05-25-2004, 12:52 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

The battle was alright, I wished it would of lasted longer.

5/10
Old 05-27-2004, 08:31 PM
jj984jj Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via AIM to jj984jj

I thought the episode was pretty good, not a bad as some of the dubbed epsiodes I've seen. I can safely say I like the name Shuu better though, then again I like the name Haruka better then May as well. I noticed their spending much less time on their names. Actually, I haven't watched the dub since they made Veronica Taylor the VA for May but I wanted to see what they did to Shuu and ended up watching this episode. *runs from the dub lovers*

I give it a 5/10.

P.S. - If you can translate from Japanese-English, and can help Excalibur by translating any anime(preferably Pocket Monsters) plz contact me via pm, IRC, or e-mail, thnks. ^_^