Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing

Creative Writing Share your fan fiction, stories, poems, essays, editorials, song lyrics, or any other related written work. All written must be your creation. Start a new thread, and keep replying to that thread as you add on more chapters. Anyone can join in at anytime.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default From Out of the Shadows

Wheee, it's a straight Pokemon fanfic! It's rare for me to do these nowadays, when I'm more into Naruto, One Piece, and crossovers.

Anyways, the idea for this fic has been just DYING to get outta me, so here's the prologue fer the fic. What I want from you, dear readers (did I really just say that? Oo...), is to read both this and Keepers of the Legends, and then let me know which fic you would rather see continued first. If no one tells me, I'll try to work on them both at the same time, and we'll see how it goes.

From Out of the Shadows ~Prologue~

Isn’t it funny, humans, how a single even can change the path of the entire world?

This is a story that tells about such an event, and the things that happen afterwards. It’s not a story of just you humans, or us Pokemon, but a story of both. It is a story of faith, courage, strength, and loyalty, and also of deceit, betrayal, pain, and death. It is a story of achievements and failures, a story of gain and loss, a story of all. But before I get into it, allow me to explain how things came to be as they are now.

Long, long ago, we Pokemon came into existence. We paid homage to the Mother Mew, the great bringer of all Pokemon, for allowing us to come into being. We were here long before you humans, much much longer.

Then you humans started to evolve from other life forms, ones not bought into being by the Mother Mew. At first, you humans were much stupider than we Pokemon, and so much weaker. But then you evolved more and more, and soon you began to create technology. You started catching us Pokemon so we would work for you. But we Pokemon tolerated it, because we knew that we could learn from working with you humans, as you humans could learn from us Pokemon.

So we allowed ourselves to be captured and tamed by you humans, and over time you humans became smarter and more refined, and we Pokemon did as well. Both our races prospered as we Pokemon had thought we would, both of our kinds learned. Time marched ever on, and you humans evolved more and more, and so did we Pokemon. Your technologies advanced as much as you humans did, and things were great.

So for hundreds upon hundreds of centuries, we Pokemon and you humans lived in peace and cooperated, and even though sometimes you humans would treat us Pokemon badly, we still allowed ourselves to be caught and tamed, because we knew we’d still learn from one another.

You humans, for the most part, fought amongst yourselves, and we Pokemon that were your partners would help you. You rarely claimed war on us Pokemon, and we rarely claimed war on you humans, though at times it did happen. Thankfully, you humans had the sense to keep your noses out of the affairs of we Pokemon, and we Pokemon, for the most part, kept our noses and tails and paws and ears out of your affairs, if it did not directly affect any of us.

But then it happened. You humans waged a war, a huge war, a titanic war, among yourselves. Many Pokemon and humans died in this gigantic war, thousands upon thousands, for the whole world was caught in it. While both our races suffered great losses, you humans suffered considerably more than we Pokemon, for we Pokemon greatly outnumbered you humans even back when you were at the height of your power and greatness. So while hundreds of thousands of us Pokemon were still alive, only about fifty thousand of you humans were left once the war was finally over.

You humans then split your numbers into small groups and tribes, which was the first foolish thing you did. The second was fighting among yourselves, even more fiercely than you had before, when you ran into rival tribes, killing one another in mindless rages. Instead of breeding and bringing your numbers back up, you humans continued to slaughter one another without mercy, driving your race closer and closer to imminent extinction. We Pokemon could not understand, and to this day still do not understand it. We Pokemon would never fight like this, and even mortal enemies would lay aside their differences to ensure their species did not die out if it were as close to becoming non-existent as you humans were. We would never let our own populations fall so low to begin with.

And so, with you humans dying out so fast, and we Pokemon inheriting the world once again, we tried to adapt to a world that was, for all intents and purposes, without humans, a world we could not understand or use on our own. But over time, we adjusted and adapted, and over that span of time you humans became even more of a rare sight, until finally there were whispers that humans no longer roamed the planet. But of course, I know that to be false, as you will find out in this story.

But the story has not yet finished, and there is still time to change things, to edit the bleak future of you humans. Will you unite with each other and we Pokemon, and return things to how they were before? Or will you kill yourselves, drive yourselves to no longer being, and leave us Pokemon to wonder if you ever even existed in the first place?

Remember, the will and actions of one being, the magnitude of one event, can be great enough to change the course of the world…

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 08-01-2006 at 10:24 PM.