Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:41 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon Elite 2000 at Party of the Decade!

Pokemon Elite 2000 at Party of the Decade!
-08/04/06-

Pokemon is celebrating their 10th birthday in grand style at Party of the Decade in New York City's Bryant Park. Anyone can attend this event, admission to the event is absolutely free! The event will be held on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, from 10AM to 5PM. The event will include stage performances, includes Pokekmon characters, live music, and special guests. Check out games, activities, prizes, and more, including a chance to try out the upcoming Pokemon game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, before it hit stores.

Also, 64 players from the Journey Across America tour will compete in the 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships. Two divisions (12 and under, and 13 and over), will compete for the title of champion on the stage live. Hulk Hogan will on hand to celebrate at the event and crown the Pokemon Video Game National Champions on stage.

Can't make it out to the big event? Check out Pokemon.com and watch the event live. Coverage begins on Tuesday, August 8th at 10:00am.

Party of the Decade Details
Who: Everyone! This event will be fabulous and free!
When: Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, from 10 AM to 5 PM (New York City has officially been declared Pokemon Day for the occasion!)
Where: Bryant Park, located on 6th Avenue between 40th and 42nd Street - right in the heart of New York City!
What: You'll get to see cool stage performances including Pokemon characters, live music, and special guests, plus the first live US appearance of a particular Pokemon character! Check out games, activities, prizes, and more, including a chance to try out our upcoming game, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, long before it hits the stores! What's more, bring your Game Boy Advance and your Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald Game Pak, because you can download some of our fan-selected top 20 Pokémon characters!

Pokemon Elite 2000 Webmaster Invited
I am invited by Nintendo of America for a VIP trip to New York City for the Party of the Decade! So if you're attending, I'll see you there! If you can't make it, check out the official site at Pokemon.com for live coverage. And also check out our coverage of the event here on Pokemon Elite 2000: Party of the Decade.

Including the Pokemon Party of the Decade festivities, I will have access to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon during a private game-play session. I will also have an opportunity to interview staff Nintendo of America and Pokemon USA. If you have any suggestions for questions, submit your questions to this news thread.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:56 AM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND
Default Re: Pokemon Elite 2000 at Party of the Decade!

This will be cool. But the thing is, I can't come sorry. I really want to, but it's pretty far away and I have to start school pretty soon after that. I bet many people will be there like D2 or Neo. ^_^ I hope everyone has a fun time there!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Ridley Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ridley

I live comparatively close, but I can't come. :( Good luck to those who do.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoPika View Post
This will be cool. But the thing is, I can't come sorry. I really want to, but it's pretty far away and I have to start school pretty soon after that. I bet many people will be there like D2 or Neo. ^_^ I hope everyone has a fun time there!
Problem is I'm working on that day. :P

What would I tell my boss? "Hey Vic, I'm not going to be in today because I'm going to the Pokemon Party of the Decade in New York City!!"

I'd never hear the end of it...

Old 08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar

What is the time in GMT?
Old 08-04-2006, 01:02 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Norman View Post
What is the time in GMT?
New York is Eastern Standard Time in Daylight Savings Time, so that's GMT -4. To convert 10AM from GMT -4 to GMT: 2PM

If anyone else needs to convert for time zones, here's a good website for that: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
Old 08-04-2006, 01:23 PM
LS Offline

I have 0.001% chance of comin i live half way around the world from NY.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Espeon Rinage Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Espeon Rinage Send a message via MSN to Espeon Rinage Send a message via Yahoo to Espeon Rinage

Congratualrions Ryan for you invitation, Im sure more web site masters that doi amasing pokemon forums will be there, Serebii Joe for instanse? Anyway, I have a 0.000001% Chance of going. I'd die to go, but guess what, New York is far away, again!

Made By Me :D
Old 08-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Ture pokemon master Offline
Elite Trainer

i;m gonig to the party
Old 08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Heh, as for me... I have about a... 10% chance of going. I'm going to stick out like hell if I do though. Just look for the 6'4" guy towering above all the kids and you'll know that's me.

As for an excuse to get out of work, I find "Sorry, but I've got quite a few things to handle on my end" works pretty well.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

lol works very well Neo.

As for me, it'll be easier for Ryan to come up here to Toronto than it is for me to go down to NYC. XD

Anyway, nice to see the NoA people acknowledging the fan site people. :)
Old 08-04-2006, 03:16 PM
.:VS:. Offline

Send a message via MSN to .:VS:.

Oh, NO! I would kill to be there, but I can't just fly halfway across the world for one day with 2 days to plan! And I also have a 10 year US Visa! CRAP!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Revolution Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Revolution Send a message via AIM to Revolution Send a message via MSN to Revolution Send a message via Yahoo to Revolution Send a message via Skype™ to Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Pokemon Elite 2000 Webmaster Invited
I am invited by Nintendo of America for a VIP trip to New York City for the Party of the Decade! So if you're attending, I'll see you there! If you can't make it, check out the official site at Pokemon.com for live coverage. And also check out our coverage of the event here on Pokemon Elite 2000: Party of the Decade.
Wow Thats gotta be cool Ryan I wish I was you.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:13 PM
alice_the_dratini Offline

It's not fair on me and other people who don't live in America. I live in the Uk and they never have anything as good as that in the UK.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:56 PM
InvertrevnI Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to InvertrevnI Send a message via MSN to InvertrevnI

It's not fair if you're twelve and live in California, either. :(

I'll see if there are any videos of it on YouTube the next day.