Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Pokemon Elite 2000 at Party of the Decade!

Okay, my chances of getting to go there have greatly increased, I'd say there's like a 98% chance. And yeah, I'm screwing work for the day. Oh boo to them, I'm not going to have a another chance at going to something like this. Plus, I need a Celebi, this is like... the only way to get it. :P

I'll see if I can take pictures. Not sure if Ryan and I will bump into each other, chances are quite high its going to be very crowded.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:17 AM
acidfairy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to acidfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
I'm going to stick out like hell if I do though. Just look for the 6'4" guy towering above all the kids and you'll know that's me.

Hey man, you're not the only one, I'm 6'4" as well. I know how you feel on that, haha. It's only a $12 train ticket for me to get there, and I'm taking off of work to go. I'll be there without a doubt, but since I'm a shady mofo due to nobody on this board knowing me, I doubt I'd be meeting any of you

Last edited by acidfairy; 08-06-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sky Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
Pokemon Elite 2000 at Party of the Decade!
-08/04/06-

Pokemon is celebrating their 10th birthday in grand style at Party of the Decade in New York City's Bryant Park. Anyone can attend this event, admission to the event is absolutely free! The event will be held on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, from 10AM to 5PM. The event will include stage performances, includes Pokekmon characters, live music, and special guests. Check out games, activities, prizes, and more, including a chance to try out the upcoming Pokemon game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, before it hit stores.

Also, 64 players from the Journey Across America tour will compete in the 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships. Two divisions (12 and under, and 13 and over), will compete for the title of champion on the stage live. Hulk Hogan will on hand to celebrate at the event and crown the Pokemon Video Game National Champions on stage.

Can't make it out to the big event? Check out Pokemon.com and watch the event live. Coverage begins on Tuesday, August 8th at 10:00am.

Party of the Decade Details
Who: Everyone! This event will be fabulous and free!
When: Tuesday, August 8th, 2006, from 10 AM to 5 PM (New York City has officially been declared Pokemon Day for the occasion!)
Where: Bryant Park, located on 6th Avenue between 40th and 42nd Street - right in the heart of New York City!
What: You'll get to see cool stage performances including Pokemon characters, live music, and special guests, plus the first live US appearance of a particular Pokemon character! Check out games, activities, prizes, and more, including a chance to try out our upcoming game, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, long before it hits the stores! What's more, bring your Game Boy Advance and your Pokémon FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald Game Pak, because you can download some of our fan-selected top 20 Pokémon characters!
- - - - - - - -
Pokemon Elite 2000 Webmaster Invited
I am invited by Nintendo of America for a VIP trip to New York City for the Party of the Decade! So if you're attending, I'll see you there! If you can't make it, check out the official site at Pokemon.com for live coverage. And also check out our coverage of the event here on Pokemon Elite 2000: Party of the Decade.

Including the Pokemon Party of the Decade festivities, I will have access to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon during a private game-play session. I will also have an opportunity to interview staff Nintendo of America and Pokemon USA. If you have any suggestions for questions, submit your questions to this news thread.

Did you just say you're going there?! Well, I have a 0% chance of going there. I live next to NY, but my parents work in that range of time. Blah, and I really would've liked to see you.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:20 PM
celebi23 Offline
New Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to celebi23 Send a message via AIM to celebi23 Send a message via MSN to celebi23 Send a message via Yahoo to celebi23 Send a message via Skype™ to celebi23

I've got a tiny request for anyone that's going to the event on Tuesday. Is there any way for someone to get 2 Flying Pikachus & either mail their pak to me so that I can trade for it or, create a Gameshark save? I'm in a bind because the rough draft for one of my college research papers is due on Tuesday & I've got no way of getting into the city.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by celebi23 View Post
I've got a tiny request for anyone that's going to the event on Tuesday. Is there any way for someone to get 2 Flying Pikachus & either mail their pak to me so that I can trade for it or, create a Gameshark save? I'm in a bind because the rough draft for one of my college research papers is due on Tuesday & I've got no way of getting into the city.
Hmm, can you PM Ryan? He's the thread starter, the admin. He'll probably know.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:16 PM
PikaZap Offline
Experienced Trainer

Talking Re: Pokemon Elite 2000 at Party of the Decade!

I am so excited I can't sleep (well not that you can ever sleep in nyc) But if I am allowed to go (and I will probably will) I will be the 11 yearold guy with a silver gameboy and red ds But i can't make my choice it's either I get celebi and Flying pika or the lati@s...I already have the legendary dogs
Old 08-07-2006, 03:23 PM
DUKE2000 Offline
New Trainer

CAN YOU ASKS WHEN POKEMON DIAMOND OR PEARL COMES TO America?
Old 08-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKE2000 View Post
CAN YOU ASKS WHEN POKEMON DIAMOND OR PEARL COMES TO America?
That has nothing to do with the topic...

No one knows yet.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Sky Fire Offline
Banned

I agree with NP. This is about the Party of The Decade, not D/P. Also, no one knows yet.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 PM
acidfairy Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to acidfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaZap View Post
i can't make my choice it's either I get celebi and Flying pika
They're giving away Flying Pikachus? Any confirmed word on this/source?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 PM
bronislav84 Offline

Send a message via AIM to bronislav84 Send a message via MSN to bronislav84 Send a message via Yahoo to bronislav84

Why don't we all decide to meet somewhere all together? I'm gonna try to go, for sure. Just look for a guy wearing a BankOne T-Shirt.
Bronislav is my name and 1984 is my birth year. Call me Bron or Slavik if you can't say my full name. Banner/Ava by the illustrious Neo Pikachu Emolga R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST Simkha "Dosha" Bakman I loved you, Grandpa Check this out, it's really cool!

Last edited by bronislav84; 08-07-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
!CeMAn Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Send a message via MSN to !CeMAn

I wish i could go:
"I won't be into work today, i need a Celebi real bad."
"What?"
"I said i'm starting to feel real bad!"

As if P2K got an invitation from Nintendo... Since when is this site so notorious?
I guess that's pretty cool.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
Why don't we all decide to meet somewhere all together? I'm gonna try to go, for sure. Just look for a guy wearing a BankOne T-Shirt.
Bron, chances are its going to be incredibly crowded. Plus, Ryan may come at a different time than me. He may get there later in the afternoon while I get there in the morning. Plus, I'm not even sure what's there, and I doubt I've really seen much of Bryant Park prior to this to set a meeting location.

I mean, try if you like but honestly, I'm not going to spend hours just trying to look for you unless I've already done everything there like... three times over. :P

Old 08-08-2006, 01:07 AM
MystiKal Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to MystiKal Send a message via MSN to MystiKal Send a message via Yahoo to MystiKal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Okay, my chances of getting to go there have greatly increased, I'd say there's like a 98% chance. And yeah, I'm screwing work for the day. Oh boo to them, I'm not going to have a another chance at going to something like this. Plus, I need a Celebi, this is like... the only way to get it. :P

I'll see if I can take pictures. Not sure if Ryan and I will bump into each other, chances are quite high its going to be very crowded.
You're not going to work because of a Pokemon event? Lawl, that will be a fun story to tell the friends. That's if you have any after you tell them. :o
Old 08-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiKal View Post
You're not going to work because of a Pokemon event? Lawl, that will be a fun story to tell the friends. That's if you have any after you tell them. :o
Whatever...

I had plenty of friends back in high school. After high school graduation, most of them go their seperate ways and the ones you make in college don't last long either.

Wait until after your graduation, VT, you're in for a realty check. That's... if you graduate of course.