Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Prey Offline

Default Spencer's Adventure Story Arc 1

Story Arc 1
Prologue
By: Prey

Spencer walked home from school, bored as usual. He kicked a can across the street, watching in horror as it hit the toe of an old man who was walking by. "You darn young whippersnapper!" the old man shouted, shaking his fist in anger.

Spencer hid his laugh, choking out a "sorry!" as he started to jog. When he was done laughing, the boredom came right back. He stopped, his breathing ragged. Something on the corner of his eyes caught his attention. He looked to his left, and opened his mouth in shock. In the alley he was looking at, there was what could only be called a portal. The air around the area was shimmering, and the 'portal' was surrounded by a blue light. Inside the oval of blue light was another place, one that looked nothing like an alley. It was full of green grass, great big trees, and small monsters walking, running, and hopping by. Spencer's mouth fell down further as he realized what the small animals were... 'That's Pokemon ...' he thought, his mind hammering in his head.

He ran home, quickly throwing stuff in his bag that he thought he'd need in his journey ahead, and then ran back to the alley, his fingers crossed. He let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding when he arrived and saw the portal still there. However, when he got there he decided that he didn't want to go. That wouldn't be fair to his parents, him leaving with no explination what's so ever. And he knew that his brother would be lost without him, the dope. He turned around to walk home, dejected, and slipped on a banana peel and fell into the portal, slipping into his destiny ...

Chapter I: A New Land

Spencer arrived in the land, or actually stumbled and fall on his bottom. Shaking his head, he got up, looking around. 'What happened?' He quickly accepted his fate, his fear giving way to excitement. Looking around, he saw a raticate, happily chomping on a few berries it had caught. To his left he saw a pidgeotto mother feeding her kids, and next to them was a sentret, looking around. A smile came across Spencers face, for once he felt alive! Looking around, Spencer smiled again. There was a small town beyond the clearing he was in, and he jogged there. When he arrived he found an old man messing with berries in the back. At first he thought about forgetting about the old man and going straight to the biggest house there was, and then he noticed the old man had on a lab coat, and had a growlithe laying near his legs. Spencer walked up to the old man, greeting him cheerfully, and spouted out his story ...

An hour later Spencer sat on his new bed in the apartments that the small town, Ruthuburg Town had. He couldn't believe his luck. He was right, the old man was the professor of the town, which he found out was on a small island called Trulign Island. The professor, Yates, had listened and believed his story, sensing the honesty some special way that Spencer couldn't figure out. He had given the boy some money, and hooked him up with this apartment, and told him that he would talk to him in the morning when he had found out a solution. In the mean time he was given a map of the surrounding area. There were four smaller cities and one major one, which hosted the school for Pokemon. The league he was in, he also found out, was called the Jade league, and one gym was stowed between two of the smaller cities in this very island. Spencer smiled again, and fell asleep with his head full of dreams and hopes ...

The next day he went to the professors house, finding the old man sitting in a chair and petting a regal looking Arcanine. When he saw the young man, he got up and shook his hand. "Good to see you Spencer, here, have a donut and a hot cocoa" he motioned to a Ivysaur, who was holding up a tray with it's vines.

"Thank you, Professor Yates, just what I wanted!" Spencer helped himself to a jelly filled donut and a warm glass of hot cocoa, which he put on a coaster near his seat.

Yates smiled at him, "Glad you like it. So, I've thought about it, and I've decided that I'll send out a notice to a few researchers to see if they can find a way to get you home."

Spencer nodded, "Thanks, but what am I supposed to do until then?" he asked hopefully.

"Well, you could become a trainer ..." Yates said.

"Awesome!!!! My dream has become a reality!" Spencer grinned from ear to ear.

Yates laughed, "You're free to pick your starting Pokemon anytime. Although, as I'm sure you've read, you can't start battling gyms until you've passed the Pokemon school."

"Yeah, I read about that. I'll worry about that later though, it also said that you need at least four Pokemon before they even think about letting you enter. Sounds kind of like trying to get into a college or something from back home."

Yates nodded, "It is kind of hard to get in though. Follow me." He led Spencer into another room, a bigger room with computers around, equipment stored around, and a giant table in the middle with three pokeballs. "I'm sorry, I only have three choices because a small group of friends all decided to start at the same time, and they all but wiped me out. All I have left is a Spearow, a Pidgee, and a Torchic." He let the three out of their pokeballs. Spencer went to pet the Spearow, and was pecked by the small angry bird. The Pidgee had flown to the ceiling and had pooped down on the table, and the Torchic was busy trying to burn Spencer's pants. Yates quickly recalled all three.

Spencer frowned a bit, "Well, when do you think you'll get more choices?"

"Soon enough," Yates said, "Tell you what, you can work for me until then, and that way you can make some money too!"

Spencer smiled, "That'd be perfect!!!"

"Okay, you start tommorow! Wear comfortable clothes, and walking shoes. Be here whenever you get up!"

The next day, Spencer showed up early, and the professor explained the job. He was going to have Spencer capture weak Pokemon by luring it with food, and when it was distracted to throw a pokeball at it. That way he only caught the weakest and easier for begginers tame and take care of. This job was perfect for Spencer, it let him explore the area and look around, get to mess around with Pokemon, and it gave him a freedom he loved. He was glad to be making money and helping too, though Yates was getting a shipment of starters sent to him, he always liked to catch his own, or have Spencer do it in this case. Spencer also helped take care of the professors Pokemon, and did little chores like him, like delivering things to the neighbours, and a few times he got to go to town to give someone something or pick up pokeballs.

When he had free time, or when the professor didn't have anything for him to do, and it was raining or the weather was otherwise unsafe, he would go help out at the towns small Pokemon center, where Nurse Merry, Jade's replacement for Nurse Joy, and the Chanceys taught him how to care for sick and injured Pokemon. His life was pretty simple and easy when he was waiting for that one Pokemon that worked for him when the day that started his journey began ...

Chapter II: The Stolen Bag

It all started as a normal day, Spencer was walking through the forest, looking for Pokemon to capture, when he heard noise. Deciding to check it out without interfering, Spencer hid behind a bush. There he saw a few rattata chowing down on some meat and a stash of berries. He was about ready to leave when he saw a lone Chikorita move toward the food. It looked in bad shape, tired, hurt, and hungry. It tentatively moved a vine to the stash, and grabbed a bit of the meat. It was caught by the small rats, and in a mad rush they all turned and ran at the small grass Pokemon. The injured Chikorita didn't stand a chance, as it was battered by three rats at once while the rest watched and waited, just in case. Not being able to just watch, Spencer picked up a rock and chucked it to the side. While the rest where distracted, Spencer threw a pokeball at one of the attacking rats, sucking it up and to his surprise catching it. He slammed into another, knocking it to the side. He moved between the third and the Chikorita, taking the tackle for the small Pokemon.

Chikorita opened its eyes, wondering why the pain stopped, and saw a grimacing Spencer laying over him, opening a potion that he was given in case of emergencies by Joy and pouring a bit down the throat of the shocked Pokemon and a bit on the wounds. He took a bite and a scratch from the now reforming rats, grimacing but not moving. After a while the potion kicked in and the Chikorita was looking much better. "Good. Now run, Chikorita, run now!" Frightened, the Pokemon did, pausing to look back at Spencer, who yelled "Go!" at it. Once the small grass Pokemon left, Spencer turned around and ran from the rats. He had made it halfway to Ruthuburg when he found out that he didn't have his bag. He shook his head, though it had money and all in it, he didn't want to go back to it. He went the rest of the way to the town, making his way to the center to get healed, and give the Rattata he managed to get with the pokeball he tossed to Yates, which was what was on his mind when he passed out ...

The next day he was woken early. He was fine, of course, but still slept in the center 'just in case.' He was woken by the Chikorita from yesterday, who was laying on top of him. "What are you doing here?" he asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Chik, chiko" the small Pokemon said in its own language, looking at him with big eyes. Spencer got up, held up his finger to stop the Pokemon, got changed real quick, and then picked the Pokemon up.

"C'mon" he told the Chikorita, "Maybe Yates will know what to do."

He found Yates in his lab, working over something. He quickly caught the professor up, who of course had a solution. "I know just the thing! Here!" he gave Spencer a small device, which clipped to his belt. "It's new. It's a Pokemon translator! Try it out."

Spencer turned to Chikorita "So, what was it you were saying little guy?"

The Chikorita said "First off, I'm a girl. Second off, I know where your bag is!"

Spencer blinked in surprise, turning his wide eyes first to the professor., and then back to the small Pokemon. "Um, well, I'm feeling fine now. Sir?" He turned to the older man, knowing that he would have advice for the younger boy.

"Well," Yates said "If you're up to it, I say go for it! The Rattata aren't very strong around here, it should be simple."

Fifteen minutes later, the two were halfway there. The walk so far had been in complete silence, but Spencer figured he might as well use the new device that professor Yates had given him, since he had it. "So, tell me Chikorita, do you have a name?"

The Chikorita looked sheepish "I'm not sure. Both my parents were captured by trainers, and I was left alone in these woods for a while now. I was getting very hungry and feeling lonely. I was really freaking out, so I decided to take a risk and go after those rattata's food. Oh, by the way, thanks for the help. You saved my life!"

Spencer shook his head, "I couldn't just sit there and watch it. Thanks for coming back to help me!"

"Well, I felt a lot better after you helped me with that liquid stuff. And when I hid out in the forest instead of running away, and when I saw them take your bag, I followed them to their lair."

It was about that time, ironically enough, that they reached the lair. They could hear the sounds of the rats, which was usually mutterings like 'rat ratta rat' and such, but now came out as "Food! Food! Urination. FOOD!"

Spencer turned to his small companion and whispered "Is that all they talk about?"

The Chikorita shook her head, "Just the stupid one's."

The two of them creeped up on the rats, but before they went inside, Spencer stopped the little Pokemon. "Have you thought about how you were going to beat all of them?"

"Well, ... no" the Pokemon admitted.

Spencer smiled, "Trust me?" When the Chikorita nodded, Spencer bent down to whisper something in her ear ...
Old 08-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Prey Offline

Default Re: Spencer's Adventure Story Arc 1

Spencer charged into the den, allerting all of the rats to his prescense. They all started yelling things like "Intruder! Away! Ours!" To be sure he got all of their attention, he ran to the middle and picked up the biggest piece of meat they had, the one that everyone seemed to be munching on. Grimacing from the nasty chewed on food, he ran to the middle of a clearing he and Chikorita picked out, stopping in the middle where the Pokemon stood, waiting for him. The Rattata were right behind him, and he put the piece of meat in front of the small Pokemon. They all charged toward the female Pokemon, screaming "FOOD! GET HER!" Right when they all surrounded her, she let loose with a poison powder attack. It quickly affected all of the weaker Rattata that were swarming Chikorita, and they soon forgot about her and began charging around in pain and horror. The movement caused the Pokemon to all pass out, falling unconcious around the field. The Chikorita smiled victoriously, and from up in a tree Spencer let out a whoop as he climbed down. The grass Pokemon walked slowly to the rotting meat, looking hungry and warn out, and was about ready to take a bite when Spencer picked her up.

Spencer inturrepted her protests and said "Don't worry, I'll take you back to the Center. They'll give you much better food there!"

The Chikorita smiled, "Thank you so much! I can't believe I was about ready to eat that!"

Sure enough, when they got to the Center Joy and the Chanseys made the young man and the Pokemon some great, and of course healthy, food. They also fell asleep in the Pokemon Centers resting area, the Chikorita laying comfortably in Spencers arms.

When he woke up, he was not surprised to see that the young Pokemon was gone. He yawned and stood up, walking to the breakfast area. He ate a good helping of pancakes, and then, full, he took a nice shower and dressed. When he went back to his bunk of the night to put the blankets in the wash and get anything he left, he was surprised to see Chikorita laying on his bed. "What are you doing here?" he asked, surprised, "I thought you'd be gone by now!"

The Pokemon looked at him, with what Spencer thought was a look of hope "Well, I'm sick of being lonely. We worked really good back there, and since I don't really have anyone ... um, I was wondering if you'd be my trainer?" The Chikorita looked doubtful.

Spencer smiled, "Of course I will be! That's awesome!" He picked up the surprised and happy Pokemon "This is the greatest moment of my life!" He picked up the Pokemon and ran to Yates, finding him in the garden. "Professor! I've found my starting Pokemon!" he told the professor when he reached him, smiling and looking down at the Chikorita.

Yates smiled, "Good for you! I'll just go make it official. But first," he handed Spencer a pokeball, "It'll have to be captured." When the Pokemon flinched, Yates laughed a bit "Don't worry, I've been told it doesn't hurt at all!"

Spencer took the pokeball from the professor and tapped the ball on the Pokemons head. The Pokemon was sucked up into the ball, and as soon as it was registered in the pokeball he let her right back out. "Alright!" Spencer said loudly "I have my first Pokemon!"

At the same time, the Chikorita was saying "All right, I have a trainer!"

Yates just laughed and shook his head, looking at the two, knowing they'd become great friends.

Chapter III:

It had been about a week since he and his Chikorita, now nicknamed Rosy, joined together as trainer and Pokemon. The two quickly bonded, both of them away from their families, both of them hoping to be something better ...

They trained everyday, going out and practicing everything from dodging attacks to strategy. The translator that Yates gave to Spencer was really helping out with almost everything, it allowed the two to bond better, strategize better, and basically communicate at all. Today, however, was special. Professor Yates had given them a map, and pointed out a place where he said was full of great Pokemon to capture. It was known as Lake Otawa, and was a home of many water Pokemon. The lake was not well known, but of course Yates did, and shared the information with the two. They had been looking for a Pokemon 'descent enough to capture.' According to the two, there was none that they had seen yet, just some weak Rattata's and a Pidgey or two. They failed to mention the weedle that had gotten away from them one day, however. When the professor heard the two complaining, he had given a map to the two and told them to set off. And so they did, Spencer bringing his swimsuit just in case he wanted to take a dip.

They set out early and the morning and didn't make it until noon, and when they got there they decided to eat the picnic they had packed. Unloading peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches they had made earlier in the morning, they snacked happily. While they were lounging and talking about random things like feces dropping Pidgeys, a Squirtle had been slowly walking towards the duo, excited at the smell of food. Rosy was the first to see the water turtle "Hey, Spence, look!"

Spencer turned his head, looking in the way Rosy had indicated. As soon as he looked over, the Squirtle paused, trying to blend into the scenery. Humans didn't make regular appearances at the lake, and the Pokemon probably hadn't seen many, but he had also been warned by his friends about the evils of humans, so it was a battle of fear and curiousity. It tilted it's head to get a better view, staring right at Spencer. Spencer waited a bit, and then took a sandwhich and slowly held it out, putting it on the ground. "Here, eat this, it's good!" He took a bite out of his own sandwhich, patting his belly and going "yummy" as well.

"What is it?" the Squirtle asked, looking at Rosy.

"Oh, it's a peanutbutter and jelly sandwhich!" Spencer told him, smiling.

The Squirtle looked startled, "You can understand me?"

Spencer blushed, "Oh, right, I have a translator, so I know what you are saying." he pointed at the translator clipped to his belt.

The Squirtle turned to Rosy, "So, this stuff is ok? Not poisoned?"

"Of course not! Spencer is a nice guy, he'd never do that!" Rosy said, sticking up for her trainer.

The Squirtle walked slowly up to the food and took it, taking a small bite out of it. It chewed it up, and then it's face brightened and it took a much larger bite. It was gone very quickly, and when it was it went to talk, and was surprised. Spencer laughed, understanding what was going on "That's the peanutbutter, it tends to stick to the roof of your mouth. Get some water and you'll be fine!" The Squirtle didn't bother to get a drink, it just shot a few water guns up into the air. The water drizzled down, sprinkling on Rosy and Spencer.

The conversation went on, as Squirtle was slowly getting less shy and more talkative. At one point he asked "So, you trainers battle Pokemon against their will, randomly attacking them?"

Spencer frowned, "Well, truthfully, I've always found that a little distasteful. But if we didn't, we'd never end up with any Pokemon. And you all would be missing what could potentially be a big adventure and tons of friends."

The Squirtle nodded, understanding. "So, tell you what. I've always wanted to get out of this lake and travel around. And I've always had a knack for fighting. I'll let you capture me if you defeat me!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Spencer said, turning to Rosy, "You up for the task?"

Rosy nodded, but looked doubtful "Sure. But it's not going to be fun, hurting my new friend."

"Don't worry Rosy," Squirtle said, laughing, "I'm going to win this!"

"As if!" Spencer said, "Rosy, use a tackle attack!"

The Chikorita launched herself at the Squirtle, "I'm sorry about this!" Rosy slammed into the Squirtle, knocking it back a bit. The Squirtle quickly got up from the attack, tackling Rosy right back. It's hard shell made much better to attack then Rosy's small body. Rosy was knocked back, getting up just a bit slower then she usually did. Squirtle hit Rosy again, knocking her back a bit more. Rosy slid back, but landed on her feet.

"Ok Rosy, use your Razor Leaf attack!" The grass Pokemon looked at Spencer and nodded, launching razor sharp leaves at the water Pokemon. The turtle tried to dodge them, but got hit by at least three leaves. The grass cut into the turtles right arm, leaving little scratches on it.

The Squirtle shook it's head "Ow! That really hurt!!!" In retaliation, the water Pokemon fired off some water from it's mouth, hitting it's opponent head on. Rosy was knocked back again, more wet and annoyed then anything. It then followed up with a skull bash, but Rosy was ready. She dodged to the left, and the water Pokemon hit the tree. It walked a little around, holding onto it's head. Rosy took this time to hit her opponent with a body slam, the attack sending the Squirtle right back into the tree it had hit it's head. Squirtle shook his head, turning to Rosy and charging with it's head again. Rosy launched a few razor leafs at it, the leafs hitting the charging Squirtle head on and stopping it in it's tracks.

"Okay great, now finish it off! Use poison powder!" Spencer cried, hoping to get more into the battle.

"I'm sorry!!" Rosy said, jumping next to the turtle and letting out the deadly powder. The Squirtle tried to run, but it was too slow, and the powder soaked into it's skin. It slowed, and then fell over, exhausted.

"Alright, good job Rosy!" Spencer took a ball from his pokeball pouch and threw it. The ball hit the ground and rolled around once ... twice ... and ... (?)

Spencer never got to see what happened to the Squirtle, because he was hit in the side by a water gun shot. He looked toward the lake, seeing a Horsea poking her head out of the water. It's spout fired off another water gun blast, but this time Spencer was ready, and he jumped to the side. "Hey! You battle that Squirtle, and you battle me!" the Horsea said defiantly.

Spencer tried to explain, "But it was his ch..." He didn't get to finish his sentence because he was hit by a few bubbles, one popping on his mouth. He whiped off the water, "Okay this is getting annoying. Rosy?"

Rosy jumped in between Spencer and the Horsea, "Hey you, don't hurt my owner!" she said, glaring at Horsea.

"So you're getting in the way? Then you have to go down too!" the Horsea fired off another water gun, hitting the already tired Rosy in the forehead. The blast knocked the tired Pokemon into the ground, where she was hit by another water gun.

"Come on Rosy, use your razor leaf attack!" Rosy complied, firing off some leafs at the Pokemon. The leafs hit the water, were the Horsea quickly flew away. "This isn't working ..." And with that pronouncement he ran a little bit back, his Pokemon following him, and moved in between the grass Pokemon and the water Pokemon. "Okay Rosy, use Synthesis!"

As the grass Pokemon was healing up, the Horsea shouted "You whimp! Come back here and fight me like a man!"

Rosy, now fully charged and feeling much better, went back to battle position. "I'm a girl !!!" she yelled, growling and running at the water. The Horsea was taken aback, but still came up with the sense to fire off a water gun. Rosy was ready, and dodged to the side, and slammed her body into the horsea, whose head was poking up. In doing this, however, she landed in the water. However, she used her small legs to doggy paddle near to the Horsea, and let out a poison powder right at the Horsea. The attack hit, poisoning the water Pokemon. The attack, though potent, only hurt the Horsea a little bit at the time, and the water Pokemon created a small twister in the water. The twister easily picked up the little Pokemon, and traveled further downstream into the water. It landed in the water, leaving a red mark on the belly of the grass Pokemon. There Rosy shook her head, trying to shoot leafs at the Horsea from the water. The Horsea was easily able to avoid the leafs, being at home in the water, and it ducked under the water. There it fired a smokescreen so Rosy had no idea where her opponent was.

From the shore, Spencer was getting worried. He had been stumped on what to do, and meanwhile his Pokemon was left to improvise for herself. Frowning, Spencer called out "Use light screen!" to his Pokemon.

He said it just in time because his small grass friend was fired into the air with a big hydro pump attack. It flew in the air and then smacked into the lake below, hurting the grass Pokemon even more. Horsea didn't give it a rest, another twister bringing it up into the air. Spencer looked up, lifting a hand to shield his eyes from the sun. What could he do? 'Man, this sun is bright!' he thought. And then it came to him. "Rosy!" He yelled, and dove into the water. He swam quickly and arrived just in time to catch his Pokemon as she fell from the twister. From there he whispered down to his Pokemon, who smiled weakly at him and nodded. He was knocked away by a water gun, but before Horsea could attack him again Rosy fired off a barrage of Razor Leafs, some of them managing to hit the Horsea apparently, from the noise he heard that must have been what happened. The angered Pokemon fired off another hydro pump, which the Chikorita blocked with another strong light screen defense. The Horsea then decided to go with something it knew worked, using another twister. The Chikorita flew high into the air again, but this time she didn't just flail around in the twister. She took in as much sun as she could high up, the sun both healing her wounds and charging up her attack. Then, as the twister began to fade, she fired the powerful solarbeam down the eye of the twister, where the Horsea was. The powerful attack hit the Horsea head on, and while it wouldn't usually be enough to totally cripple the powerful water Pokemon, the poison had finally taken affect, and the weak Horsea couldn't fight anymore. Spencer took another pokeball from his pouch, throwing it at the weak Horsea. He watched the ball float around in the water, bobbing up and down, and then wondered what had happened to his Squirtle pokeball as well ...

FINISHED

Capture Story Arc 1 Complete : Prologue, Chapters I - III
Potential Captures: Horsea & Squirtle

Current Team:
Chikorita

Last edited by Prey; 08-10-2006 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

I'm assuming this is done ...

Story: Pretty strange, but that's not a bad thing. Did your character slip into another dimension or what?

Grammar/Spelling: Minor mistakes, like spelling "alerting" as "allerting". Simple errors like those, which don't hurt you too much.

Description: I see lots of it, which is awesome. However, a starter Pokemon like Squirtle requires much more than what you have for a successful capture. It is rare, after all.

Reality: Strange worlds and talking Pokemon? No. Even with a "translator", it was strange.

Length: Perfect for a Horsea, but not enough for a Squirtle. Since Squirtle isn't found in the wild, it requires three full posts. At least 30,000 characters, in other words.

Battle: Interesting, but it doesn't quite seem enough for both Pokemon.

Outcome: Squirtle and Horsea not captured! If you changed this to just catching Horsea, I would easily give that to you.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Prey Offline

Story Arc 1
Prologue
By: Prey

Question: In response to my grading of my last story, I have a simple question, not out of spite but out of curiousity. Why is there even a realism in there? Pokemon is a fake concept in itself, what's wrong with making it a bit weirder by adding in the travel and translator and all that? The translator fleshes out the characters of the Pokemon, which is why I chose it, it gives them a personality. I would like to note, I'm not in any way angry, just curious, being new here and all. Oh, and thanks for taking the time to grade it and all, I appreciate it! ^_^

Spencer walked home from school, bored as usual. He kicked a can across the street, watching in horror as it hit the toe of an old man who was walking by. "You darn young whippersnapper!" the old man shouted, shaking his fist in anger.

Spencer hid his laugh, choking out a "sorry!" as he started to jog. When he was done laughing, the boredom came right back. He stopped, his breathing ragged. Something on the corner of his eyes caught his attention. He looked to his left, and opened his mouth in shock. In the alley he was looking at, there was what could only be called a portal. The air around the area was shimmering, and the 'portal' was surrounded by a blue light. Inside the oval of blue light was another place, one that looked nothing like an alley. It was full of green grass, great big trees, and small monsters walking, running, and hopping by. Spencer's mouth fell down further as he realized what the small animals were... 'That's Pokemon ...' he thought, his mind hammering in his head.

He ran home, quickly throwing stuff in his bag that he thought he'd need in his journey ahead, and then ran back to the alley, his fingers crossed. He let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding when he arrived and saw the portal still there. However, when he got there he decided that he didn't want to go. That wouldn't be fair to his parents, him leaving with no explination what's so ever. And he knew that his brother would be lost without him, the dope. He turned around to walk home, dejected, and slipped on a banana peel and fell into the portal, slipping into his destiny ...

Chapter I: A New Land

Spencer arrived in the land, or actually stumbled and fall on his bottom. Shaking his head, he got up, looking around. 'What happened?' He quickly accepted his fate, his fear giving way to excitement. Looking around, he saw a raticate, happily chomping on a few berries it had caught. To his left he saw a pidgeotto mother feeding her kids, and next to them was a sentret, looking around. A smile came across Spencers face, for once he felt alive! Looking around, Spencer smiled again. There was a small town beyond the clearing he was in, and he jogged there. When he arrived he found an old man messing with berries in the back. At first he thought about forgetting about the old man and going straight to the biggest house there was, and then he noticed the old man had on a lab coat, and had a growlithe laying near his legs. Spencer walked up to the old man, greeting him cheerfully, and spouted out his story ...

An hour later Spencer sat on his new bed in the apartments that the small town, Ruthuburg Town had. He couldn't believe his luck. He was right, the old man was the professor of the town, which he found out was on a small island called Trulign Island. The professor, Yates, had listened and believed his story, sensing the honesty some special way that Spencer couldn't figure out. He had given the boy some money, and hooked him up with this apartment, and told him that he would talk to him in the morning when he had found out a solution. In the mean time he was given a map of the surrounding area. There were four smaller cities and one major one, which hosted the school for Pokemon. The league he was in, he also found out, was called the Jade league, and one gym was stowed between two of the smaller cities in this very island. Spencer smiled again, and fell asleep with his head full of dreams and hopes ...

The next day he went to the professors house, finding the old man sitting in a chair and petting a regal looking Arcanine. When he saw the young man, he got up and shook his hand. "Good to see you Spencer, here, have a donut and a hot cocoa" he motioned to a Ivysaur, who was holding up a tray with it's vines.

"Thank you, Professor Yates, just what I wanted!" Spencer helped himself to a jelly filled donut and a warm glass of hot cocoa, which he put on a coaster near his seat.

Yates smiled at him, "Glad you like it. So, I've thought about it, and I've decided that I'll send out a notice to a few researchers to see if they can find a way to get you home."

Spencer nodded, "Thanks, but what am I supposed to do until then?" he asked hopefully.

"Well, you could become a trainer ..." Yates said.

"Awesome!!!! My dream has become a reality!" Spencer grinned from ear to ear.

Yates laughed, "You're free to pick your starting Pokemon anytime. Although, as I'm sure you've read, you can't start battling gyms until you've passed the Pokemon school."

"Yeah, I read about that. I'll worry about that later though, it also said that you need at least four Pokemon before they even think about letting you enter. Sounds kind of like trying to get into a college or something from back home."

Yates nodded, "It is kind of hard to get in though. Follow me." He led Spencer into another room, a bigger room with computers around, equipment stored around, and a giant table in the middle with three pokeballs. "I'm sorry, I only have three choices because a small group of friends all decided to start at the same time, and they all but wiped me out. All I have left is a Spearow, a Pidgee, and a Torchic." He let the three out of their pokeballs. Spencer went to pet the Spearow, and was pecked by the small angry bird. The Pidgee had flown to the ceiling and had pooped down on the table, and the Torchic was busy trying to burn Spencer's pants. Yates quickly recalled all three.

Spencer frowned a bit, "Well, when do you think you'll get more choices?"

"Soon enough," Yates said, "Tell you what, you can work for me until then, and that way you can make some money too!"

Spencer smiled, "That'd be perfect!!!"

"Okay, you start tommorow! Wear comfortable clothes, and walking shoes. Be here whenever you get up!"

The next day, Spencer showed up early, and the professor explained the job. He was going to have Spencer capture weak Pokemon by luring it with food, and when it was distracted to throw a pokeball at it. That way he only caught the weakest and easier for begginers tame and take care of. This job was perfect for Spencer, it let him explore the area and look around, get to mess around with Pokemon, and it gave him a freedom he loved. He was glad to be making money and helping too, though Yates was getting a shipment of starters sent to him, he always liked to catch his own, or have Spencer do it in this case. Spencer also helped take care of the professors Pokemon, and did little chores like him, like delivering things to the neighbours, and a few times he got to go to town to give someone something or pick up pokeballs.

When he had free time, or when the professor didn't have anything for him to do, and it was raining or the weather was otherwise unsafe, he would go help out at the towns small Pokemon center, where Nurse Merry, Jade's replacement for Nurse Joy, and the Chanceys taught him how to care for sick and injured Pokemon. His life was pretty simple and easy when he was waiting for that one Pokemon that worked for him when the day that started his journey began ...

Chapter II: The Stolen Bag

It all started as a normal day, Spencer was walking through the forest, looking for Pokemon to capture, when he heard noise. Deciding to check it out without interfering, Spencer hid behind a bush. There he saw a few rattata chowing down on some meat and a stash of berries. He was about ready to leave when he saw a lone Chikorita move toward the food. It looked in bad shape, tired, hurt, and hungry. It tentatively moved a vine to the stash, and grabbed a bit of the meat. It was caught by the small rats, and in a mad rush they all turned and ran at the small grass Pokemon. The injured Chikorita didn't stand a chance, as it was battered by three rats at once while the rest watched and waited, just in case. Not being able to just watch, Spencer picked up a rock and chucked it to the side. While the rest where distracted, Spencer threw a pokeball at one of the attacking rats, sucking it up and to his surprise catching it. He slammed into another, knocking it to the side. He moved between the third and the Chikorita, taking the tackle for the small Pokemon.

Chikorita opened its eyes, wondering why the pain stopped, and saw a grimacing Spencer laying over him, opening a potion that he was given in case of emergencies by Joy and pouring a bit down the throat of the shocked Pokemon and a bit on the wounds. He took a bite and a scratch from the now reforming rats, grimacing but not moving. After a while the potion kicked in and the Chikorita was looking much better. "Good. Now run, Chikorita, run now!" Frightened, the Pokemon did, pausing to look back at Spencer, who yelled "Go!" at it. Once the small grass Pokemon left, Spencer turned around and ran from the rats. He had made it halfway to Ruthuburg when he found out that he didn't have his bag. He shook his head, though it had money and all in it, he didn't want to go back to it. He went the rest of the way to the town, making his way to the center to get healed, and give the Rattata he managed to get with the pokeball he tossed to Yates, which was what was on his mind when he passed out ...

The next day he was woken early. He was fine, of course, but still slept in the center 'just in case.' He was woken by the Chikorita from yesterday, who was laying on top of him. "What are you doing here?" he asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Chik, chiko" the small Pokemon said in its own language, looking at him with big eyes. Spencer got up, held up his finger to stop the Pokemon, got changed real quick, and then picked the Pokemon up.

"C'mon" he told the Chikorita, "Maybe Yates will know what to do."

He found Yates in his lab, working over something. He quickly caught the professor up, who of course had a solution. "I know just the thing! Here!" he gave Spencer a small device, which clipped to his belt. "It's new. It's a Pokemon translator! Try it out."

Spencer turned to Chikorita "So, what was it you were saying little guy?"

The Chikorita said "First off, I'm a girl. Second off, I know where your bag is!"

Spencer blinked in surprise, turning his wide eyes first to the professor., and then back to the small Pokemon. "Um, well, I'm feeling fine now. Sir?" He turned to the older man, knowing that he would have advice for the younger boy.

"Well," Yates said "If you're up to it, I say go for it! The Rattata aren't very strong around here, it should be simple."

Fifteen minutes later, the two were halfway there. The walk so far had been in complete silence, but Spencer figured he might as well use the new device that professor Yates had given him, since he had it. "So, tell me Chikorita, do you have a name?"

The Chikorita looked sheepish "I'm not sure. Both my parents were captured by trainers, and I was left alone in these woods for a while now. I was getting very hungry and feeling lonely. I was really freaking out, so I decided to take a risk and go after those rattata's food. Oh, by the way, thanks for the help. You saved my life!"

Spencer shook his head, "I couldn't just sit there and watch it. Thanks for coming back to help me!"

"Well, I felt a lot better after you helped me with that liquid stuff. And when I hid out in the forest instead of running away, and when I saw them take your bag, I followed them to their lair."

It was about that time, ironically enough, that they reached the lair. They could hear the sounds of the rats, which was usually mutterings like 'rat ratta rat' and such, but now came out as "Food! Food! Urination. FOOD!"

Spencer turned to his small companion and whispered "Is that all they talk about?"

The Chikorita shook her head, "Just the stupid one's."

The two of them creeped up on the rats, but before they went inside, Spencer stopped the little Pokemon. "Have you thought about how you were going to beat all of them?"

"Well, ... no" the Pokemon admitted.

Spencer smiled, "Trust me?" When the Chikorita nodded, Spencer bent down to whisper something in her ear ...

Spencer charged into the den, allerting all of the rats to his prescense. They all started yelling things like "Intruder! Away! Ours!" To be sure he got all of their attention, he ran to the middle and picked up the biggest piece of meat they had, the one that everyone seemed to be munching on. Grimacing from the nasty chewed on food, he ran to the middle of a clearing he and Chikorita picked out, stopping in the middle where the Pokemon stood, waiting for him. The Rattata were right behind him, and he put the piece of meat in front of the small Pokemon. They all charged toward the female Pokemon, screaming "FOOD! GET HER!" Right when they all surrounded her, she let loose with a poison powder attack. It quickly affected all of the weaker Rattata that were swarming Chikorita, and they soon forgot about her and began charging around in pain and horror. The movement caused the Pokemon to all pass out, falling unconcious around the field. The Chikorita smiled victoriously, and from up in a tree Spencer let out a whoop as he climbed down. The grass Pokemon walked slowly to the rotting meat, looking hungry and warn out, and was about ready to take a bite when Spencer picked her up.

Spencer inturrepted her protests and said "Don't worry, I'll take you back to the Center. They'll give you much better food there!"

The Chikorita smiled, "Thank you so much! I can't believe I was about ready to eat that!"

Sure enough, when they got to the Center Joy and the Chanseys made the young man and the Pokemon some great, and of course healthy, food. They also fell asleep in the Pokemon Centers resting area, the Chikorita laying comfortably in Spencers arms.

When he woke up, he was not surprised to see that the young Pokemon was gone. He yawned and stood up, walking to the breakfast area. He ate a good helping of pancakes, and then, full, he took a nice shower and dressed. When he went back to his bunk of the night to put the blankets in the wash and get anything he left, he was surprised to see Chikorita laying on his bed. "What are you doing here?" he asked, surprised, "I thought you'd be gone by now!"
Old 08-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Prey Offline

The Pokemon looked at him, with what Spencer thought was a look of hope "Well, I'm sick of being lonely. We worked really good back there, and since I don't really have anyone ... um, I was wondering if you'd be my trainer?" The Chikorita looked doubtful.

Spencer smiled, "Of course I will be! That's awesome!" He picked up the surprised and happy Pokemon "This is the greatest moment of my life!" He picked up the Pokemon and ran to Yates, finding him in the garden. "Professor! I've found my starting Pokemon!" he told the professor when he reached him, smiling and looking down at the Chikorita.

Yates smiled, "Good for you! I'll just go make it official. But first," he handed Spencer a pokeball, "It'll have to be captured." When the Pokemon flinched, Yates laughed a bit "Don't worry, I've been told it doesn't hurt at all!"

Spencer took the pokeball from the professor and tapped the ball on the Pokemons head. The Pokemon was sucked up into the ball, and as soon as it was registered in the pokeball he let her right back out. "Alright!" Spencer said loudly "I have my first Pokemon!"

At the same time, the Chikorita was saying "All right, I have a trainer!"

Yates just laughed and shook his head, looking at the two, knowing they'd become great friends.

Chapter III: A New Friend

It had been about a week since he and his Chikorita, now nicknamed Rosy, joined together as trainer and Pokemon. The two quickly bonded, both of them away from their families, both of them hoping to be something better ...

They trained everyday, going out and practicing everything from dodging attacks to strategy. The translator that Yates gave to Spencer was really helping out with almost everything, it allowed the two to bond better, strategize better, and basically communicate at all. It was on one a normal day when Spencer met the man, or rather boy, who would later become his rival. He was a boy of about the same height as Spencer, lean but with an athletic build. He strode into Yates' lab with a sense of purpose, a sense of dignity. Spencer, who was 'sitting' the place while Yates was having lunch, got up from the movie he and Rosy were watching, which was strangly titled 'Pokemon of the Carribean.' Walking to the teen, he extended his hand and cheerfully said, "Hi! My name is Spencer."

The boy shook his hand, smiling back, "Hi, my name is Joshua. Is Professor Yates in?"

Spencer shook his head, "No, the professor is out to lunch. Maybe I can help you out?"

"No," Joshua said, shaking his head, "I don't think so. I'm looking for a starting Pokemon, and doesn't he have to be here to register it and all that?"

Spencer grinned, "Actually, I can do that! The professor showed me how!" He led the other team to the room, sitting at the computer and bringing up Joshuas file. Sure enough, he was all ready to get his first Pokemon. "The Pokemon should be labeled."

Joshua looked around the table, gaping in awe. "You sure do have a lot of starters to choose from."

"Yeah, I caught most of them. Some of them we get in shipments from around the world!" Spencer told the teen with a grin.

Joshua shook his head, bending his head to better look at one of the other rows. "So, what did you pick to start out with?"

"Well," Spencer said, "My Pokemon kind of picked me. Isn't that right, Rosy?"

By then Rosy had walked into the room to see what was going on. Hearing her name, she spoke up "Right!"

Joshua turned to look at the Pokemon, gaping again. "It ... it ... it can talk?"

"Well yeah!" Spencer said, chuckling softly, "They all can!"

Joshua shook his head, "You know what I meant."

Spencer nodded, "Yeah, actually, Yates gave me a translator." When he saw the look on the kids face, he frowned, "Sorry, this is the only one. I'm sure they'll release them soon enough for everyone else, though! So just be patient!" Joshua nodded, his attention sucked away from Spencer by a certain pokeball. Curious, Spencer asked "What're you so intent about?"

Joshua turned to Spencer, "I've always wanted a Cyndaquil!"

Spencer took the pokeball from it's resting place, "Want to take a look?" Joshua nodded, and so Spencer threw the ball. The surrounding area was suddenly filled with a bright white light, which quickly faded away. In it's place stood a small pokemon, fire shooting from it's back.

The little fire Pokemon looked timidly around, "What. What's happening? Am I choosen yet?" The Pokemon looked at Spencer. Spencer had taken the time to let out and talk to all of the started Pokemon, letting know what was going to happen to them and why.

Spencer shook his head, "Well, we don't know that yet. It all depends on him." he nodded to Joshua as he said this. The young man stared at the little Pokemon in awe, bending down to very cautiously touch one of the spots that didn't have flame shooting out of it. Finding himself not burnt, the boy started to rub. Liking the attention, the Cyndaquil turned on it's back so that he could get his belly rubbed. Spencer couldn't help but laugh, "You two are perfect for each other! Well, what do you say Joshua?"

Joshua stopped petting for a bit to look up at Spencer, "He's perfect! I'll take him."

Spencer smiled, "May I suggest giving the little guy a nickname?"

"Well," Joshua said, petting his stomach, "I love food, so I think I'll call the little hothead BBQ."

Spencer couldn't help but laugh out loud while he inputed the information into the computer, "That sounds perfect!" He hit enter one more time and swiveled in his chair to look at BBQ and Joshua, who seemed to be having a great time together. "Well, it's all done. You two are now a team!"

Joshua smiled at him, "Hey, thanks man! Hey. Do you want to have a little battle? Starter against starter?" He looked at Rosy, who looked frightened of getting burned by the fire Pokemon.

Spencer saw Rosy's glance and laughed, "Hey man, I don't think it'd be fair. Perhaps when we have a bigger team, ok?"

"Sounds fair to me!" the boy said. "Hey, I better get going, I want to go see if I can capture anything!"

"Okay, have fun! And good luck! I'll see you again!" He waved as Joshua walked out the door, knowing that he truely would see him again...

Later on in the day, Spencer found himself bored. Yates had came back and relieved him of his duties, and after training a bit with Rosy, he found he had nothing to do. Nurse Merry didn't have any sick Pokemon for him to help take care of, and he had checked out the surrounding area quite a few times. Laying in his bed, his mind wondered back to his home, and wondered just what had happened. He had come from a land without Pokemon, or at least not live one's. His land had them, they were all over. In video games, on cards, on TV, and even in internet sites. How did he get here? What had happened? He was sure he'd find out sooner or later, but he could not stop the thoughts from coming in. Rosy didn't seem so thoughtful, over there in her small 'bed,' or the pillows and blankets he set up for her. She was snoring a way, a light sound that seemed to clear his mind of thought. Yawning, he closed his eyes ...

An hour later he awoke to his starter Pokemons voice "Hey! Hey you! Guess what! We have a neighbour!" The grass Pokemon was jumping up and down on top of him, excited.

Spencer yawned, he was on the top floor of the apartment complex they were staying at, and all the other rooms up here were empty. Until now, apparently. "Did you get a look at whoever?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh yeah! And guess what?"

"What?" he asked, not trusting that look in her eyes.

"It's a GIRL" Rosy said, emphasizing the girl part, "A girl your age! And she has a mudkip!"

Spencer tried not to roll his eyes as he got out of bed, stretching, "So?" he asked, trying to act like he didn't care at all.

"So, let's go meet her!" Rosy said, tugging on the bottom of Spencer's pants.

"Ok, ok" Spencer said, opening the door and letting Rosy drag him to the door directly opposite of his own. "Do you think I should bother her?"

"Oh, go on!" Rosy said, nudging the back of his leg with her head.

Spencer sighed and hit the doorbell, rubbing his head and wondering if he looked like an idiot. The girl who opened it was cute, a little redhead who was wearing a shirt with a large yawning Snarlax on it. Near her feet was a small Mudkip, peering from in between the girls legs. "Hello?" she asked, staring at Spencer.

"Um..." Spencer stammered, "I'm your neighbour, and Rosy" he motioned to his grass Pokemon, who was giggling, "said I should come say hello. My names Spencer," he extended his hand.

Her smile lit up her face, "Thank you! My names Sara! It's a pleasure to meet you! Did you just get a new Pokemon too?"

Spencer nodded, "A week or two ago. I take it your Mudkip is new?"

She nodded, "Yes, I just got little Splash her about 45 minutes ago! We were just unpacking!"

Spencer smiled, "Well, I'll leave you to that. You have lots to do, and bonding as well."

"Yes, well, want to go get something to eat or something sometime? I'm new here and all." Her smile changed to a more timid one.

"Well," Spencer said, "I'm kind of new here too, but I know the place around her well! I can show you around!"

Sara nodded, "I'd love that! It was great meeting you!"

"And you too!" Spencer said, and he was still standing there a minute after the door was closed.

Rosy giggled, dragging him back to their own room, "Come on you, let's go to sleep ..."

The next day the two were lucky enough to go on an adventure. Professor Yates had given them a map, and pointed out a place where he said was full of great Pokemon to capture. It was known as Lake Otawa, and was a home of many water Pokemon. The lake was not well known, but of course Yates did, and shared the information with the two. They had been looking for a Pokemon 'descent enough to capture.' According to the two, there was none that they had seen yet, just some weak Rattata's and a Pidgey or two. They failed to mention the Weedle that had gotten away from them one day, however. When the professor heard the two complaining, he had given a map to the two and told them to set off. And so they did, Spencer bringing his swimsuit just in case he wanted to take a dip.

They set out early and the morning and didn't make it until noon, and when they got there they decided to eat the picnic they had packed. Unloading peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches they had made earlier in the morning, they snacked happily. While they were lounging and talking about random things like feces dropping Pidgeys, a Squirtle had been slowly walking towards the duo, excited at the smell of food. Rosy was the first to see the water turtle "Hey, Spence, look!"
Old 08-10-2006, 05:33 AM
Prey Offline

Spencer turned his head, looking in the way Rosy had indicated. As soon as he looked over, the Squirtle paused, trying to blend into the scenery. Humans didn't make regular appearances at the lake, and the Pokemon probably hadn't seen many, but he had also been warned by his friends about the evils of humans, so it was a battle of fear and curiousity. It tilted it's head to get a better view, staring right at Spencer. Spencer waited a bit, and then took a sandwhich and slowly held it out, putting it on the ground. "Here, eat this, it's good!" He took a bite out of his own sandwhich, patting his belly and going "yummy" as well.

"What is it?" the Squirtle asked, looking at Rosy.

"Oh, it's a peanutbutter and jelly sandwhich!" Spencer told him, smiling.

The Squirtle looked startled, "You can understand me?"

Spencer blushed, "Oh, right, I have a translator, so I know what you are saying." he pointed at the translator clipped to his belt.

The Squirtle turned to Rosy, "So, this stuff is ok? Not poisoned?"

"Of course not! Spencer is a nice guy, he'd never do that!" Rosy said, sticking up for her trainer.

The Squirtle walked slowly up to the food and took it, taking a small bite out of it. It chewed it up, and then it's face brightened and it took a much larger bite. It was gone very quickly, and when it was it went to talk, and was surprised. Spencer laughed, understanding what was going on "That's the peanutbutter, it tends to stick to the roof of your mouth. Get some water and you'll be fine!" The Squirtle didn't bother to get a drink, it just shot a few water guns up into the air. The water drizzled down, sprinkling on Rosy and Spencer.

The conversation went on, as Squirtle was slowly getting less shy and more talkative. At one point he asked "So, you trainers battle Pokemon against their will, randomly attacking them?"

Spencer frowned, "Well, truthfully, I've always found that a little distasteful. But if we didn't, we'd never end up with any Pokemon. And you all would be missing what could potentially be a big adventure and tons of friends."

The Squirtle nodded, understanding. "So, tell you what. I've always wanted to get out of this lake and travel around. And I've always had a knack for fighting. I'll let you capture me if you defeat me!"

"Sounds like a plan!" Spencer said, turning to Rosy, "You up for the task?"

Rosy nodded, but looked doubtful "Sure. But it's not going to be fun, hurting my new friend."

"Don't worry Rosy," Squirtle said, laughing, "I'm going to win this!"

"As if!" Spencer said, "Rosy, use a tackle attack!"

The Chikorita launched herself at the Squirtle, "I'm sorry about this!" Rosy slammed into the Squirtle, knocking it back a bit. The Squirtle quickly got up from the attack, tackling Rosy right back. It's hard shell made much better to attack then Rosy's small body. Rosy was knocked back, getting up just a bit slower then she usually did. Squirtle hit Rosy again, knocking her back a bit more. Rosy slid back, but landed on her feet.

"Ok Rosy, use your Razor Leaf attack!" The grass Pokemon looked at Spencer and nodded, launching razor sharp leaves at the water Pokemon. The turtle tried to dodge them, but got hit by at least three leaves. The grass cut into the turtles right arm, leaving little scratches on it.

The Squirtle shook it's head "Ow! That really hurt!!!" In retaliation, the water Pokemon fired off some water from it's mouth, hitting it's opponent head on. Rosy was knocked back again, more wet and annoyed then anything. It then followed up with a skull bash, but Rosy was ready. She dodged to the left, and the water Pokemon hit the tree. It walked a little around, holding onto it's head. Rosy took this time to hit her opponent with a body slam, the attack sending the Squirtle right back into the tree it had hit it's head. Squirtle shook his head, turning to Rosy and charging with it's head again. Rosy launched a few razor leafs at it, the leafs hitting the charging Squirtle head on and stopping it in it's tracks.

"Okay great, now finish it off! Use poison powder!" Spencer cried, hoping to get more into the battle.

"I'm sorry!!" Rosy said, jumping next to the turtle and letting out the deadly powder. The Squirtle tried to run, but it was too slow, and the powder soaked into it's skin. The powder, however, just seemed to give it it's second wind. Squirtle ran toward Rosy, smaking the small Pokemon in the face with it's tail. It then blew bubbles into the stunned Pokemons eyes, blinding it for a bit, long enough to give it a good hard bite and a blast of water gun. Rosy growled back, leaping at Squirtle with a menacing glance.

"As if!" Squirtle said, blasting Rosy away with a powerful hydro pump attack. The hit watered Rosy down, nothing the plant Pokemon couldn't handle. However, the fact that it pushed her into a nearby rock didn't help at all. Rosy fell to the ground, hurt, but managed to pull herself back up.

"Come on Rosy! Use razor leaf!" Rosy quickly complied by firing out the deadly leaves, but each was met by a water gun blast, which pushed them enough off course that they did not hit the Squirtle. "Ok, Rosy, charge up for a solarbeam!" Rosy quickly ran to a spot where the sun shone the most, drawing in energy. Squirtle wanted none of that, charging the prone little Pokemon, hopping to skull bash the energy charging Pokemon. Spencer waited until the water Pokemon was close, and then yelled "Now, Rosy!"

Rosy fired off her half charged blast, which hit the Squirtle head on and knocked it back. Though hurt, the Squirtle stubbornly got back up. "Oh come ON!" Rosy said, "Give up already!"

"Never! Not to a GIRL!" the Squirtle said.

"What?! A GIRL!? What does that have to do with anything!" Angry, Rosy chased toward the Squirtle, hitting it with a body slam and then a tackle, another it could. The Squirtle yelped and withdrew into it's shell, hiding from the angry girl Pokemon.

"Oh great! I pick up the super angry feminist Pokemon" Spencer muttered to himself, shaking his head.

Suddenly, the Squirtle began firing water from inside it's shell, using the water to turn it around. The shell started spinning rapidly, and it hit the Chikorita, knocking it back. "Ow!" Rosy said, jumping back as the shell rolled her way again. Using her brain, Rosy quickly put a stop to the spinning with a well places reflect, which knocked the rapidly spinning Pokemon into the nearest rock, which happened to be the same one that she was knocked into early. Squirtle hopped out, dazed.

"I'm not done yet!" the Squirtle stubbornly said, dancing around, "Eat my rain dance!"

Rosy rolled her eyes, "Oh give up already! This match is mine."

Spencer, meanwhile, sighed and find his place under a tree. "Here it comes" he mumbled, watching as it started sprinkling, and then raining hard. The water seemed to give new life to the Squirtle, but this new life was quickly squished as Rosy body slammed into Squirtle, and then shot a few leafs at the Pokemon. The still poisioned turtle finally slumped down, defeated. Taking a pokeball out of his pouch, Spencer threw it, watching it bounce up and down and all around.

Capture Story Arc 1 Complete : Prologue, Chapters I - III
Potential Captures: Squirtle

Current Team:
Chikorita

Word Count: 33081 (Because I'm proud of it ^_^)
Old 08-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

You're making me feel bad for failing your story before, you know.

Quote:
Question: In response to my grading of my last story, I have a simple question, not out of spite but out of curiousity. Why is there even a realism in there? Pokemon is a fake concept in itself, what's wrong with making it a bit weirder by adding in the travel and translator and all that? The translator fleshes out the characters of the Pokemon, which is why I chose it, it gives them a personality. I would like to note, I'm not in any way angry, just curious, being new here and all. Oh, and thanks for taking the time to grade it and all, I appreciate it! ^_^
Personally, I have no idea why I even bother to keep the 'Reality' section in grading. It really makes no sense in the Pokemon world, yet I still keep the basic Story/Grammar/Reality/etc. sections in my grading just because it seems to be a requirement. In any case, I honestly have no faults with your story, other than that I thought Squirtle and Horsea needed more.

I grade realism in these stories based on the kinds of things that I used to see happen in the anime, and I have yet to see Pokemon translators and traveling through portals. It's been a long time since I have seen the series or played the games, but I'm starting to think that you have a point - Pokemon itself is a fantasy, so things that you had in your story shouldn't be marked so harshly for being "unrealistic". It would be interesting to see things like that happen, wouldn't it? Like you said, these things also gave more depth and personality to your Pokemon partners, which in itself makes the story much better.

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but grading stories late at night is usually never a good idea for me. I tend to be rough ...

Anyway, it's nice to see that a new member can actually produce something like this. I'm quite impressed with this story, and the fact that you took the original grade so well. I hope you decide to stay in the URPG.

Squirtle and Horsea captured! Wonderful ... nice descriptions, characters, ideas and length. Give yourself a pat on the back for such a well-done first story.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Prey Offline

-Raises Hand- Question! Does that mean I caught both of them? I was writing the revised just for Squirtle, I was going to do a seperate one for Horsea. But I won't argue if I can get both
Old 08-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey View Post
-Raises Hand- Question! Does that mean I caught both of them? I was writing the revised just for Squirtle, I was going to do a seperate one for Horsea. But I won't argue if I can get both
It's enough for both, so I approved the capture for both Pokemon. Good job.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Prey Offline

Wahoo! Thank you, lady of niceness -Hugs-
Old 08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
It's enough for both, so I approved the capture for both Pokemon. Good job.
His story was for Squirtle only, you can't give him more Pokemon than he requested for.

Realism is a suggested section, like every other section, not a requirement. I typed a long paragraph out on this but decided it wasn't necessary. You only need to know this.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

I thought Horsea what still in there, but whatever.

Only Squirtle is captured, Prey.