Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 08-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

That's the main reason why I didn't try entering ... the amount of people who depend on ubers is staggering.

In a tournament like this, I would probably use only Kyogre or Mewtwo. I wouldn't fill my whole team with the typical Mewtwo, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. lineup. That's just stupid to me.

There was this one kid who used a Jumpluff and won the competition for his state ... I admire people like that. I wonder how far he got.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Dark Charizard's Avatar
Dark Charizard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: iwinulose
Posts: 5,026
Send a message via AIM to Dark Charizard
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
That's the main reason why I didn't try entering ... the amount of people who depend on ubers is staggering.

In a tournament like this, I would probably use only Kyogre or Mewtwo. I wouldn't fill my whole team with the typical Mewtwo, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. lineup. That's just stupid to me.

There was this one kid who used a Jumpluff and won the competition for his state ... I admire people like that. I wonder how far he got.
But then again lots of use game shark one guy entered with a torchic using bubblebeam.
__________________

PM me if you want me to vote for you. :D


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard_milotic View Post
But then again lots of use game shark one guy entered with a torchic using bubblebeam.
Isn't that illegal in the tournaments?

Anyway, I just saw the video. Whoever lets a Groudon use Swords Dance twice is an idiot. I loved how it OHKO'ed Rayquaza with Body Slam and someone screamed "now you know how it feels!" as it was happening. Haha.

The poor guy with Kyogre got haxed. Paralysis and a failed Protect ... ouch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Dark Charizard's Avatar
Dark Charizard Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: iwinulose
Posts: 5,026
Send a message via AIM to Dark Charizard
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
Isn't that illegal in the tournaments?

Anyway, I just saw the video. Whoever lets a Groudon use Swords Dance twice is an idiot. I loved how it OHKO'ed Rayquaza with Body Slam and someone screamed "now you know how it feels!" as it was happening. Haha.

The poor guy with Kyogre got haxed. Paralysis and a failed Protect ... ouch.
Yeah I feel bad for that guy, And the guy lost right away so no one noticed and the guy was like 6 years old.
__________________

PM me if you want me to vote for you. :D


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-21-2006, 07:21 PM
PetrifiedGengar's Avatar
PetrifiedGengar Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: *Crys* I DON'T KNOW WHERE I LIVE!
Posts: 578
Send a message via MSN to PetrifiedGengar
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard_milotic View Post
Yeah I feel bad for that guy, And the guy lost right away so no one noticed and the guy was like 6 years old.
The 13 and over? A 6 years old can't join 13 and over one......
__________________

Come join my forum! Click Here!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 PM
massi4h Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 310
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Jumpluff is kinda common in JAA. I've seen a few JAA NB teams with it on. They're just Groudon-based due to Chlorophyll plus STABed Sunny Beam. Qwilfish is sometimes used on Kyogre teams I think Kongler used it especially that it can Selfdestruct.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massi4h View Post
Jumpluff is kinda common in JAA. I've seen a few JAA NB teams with it on. They're just Groudon-based due to Chlorophyll plus STABed Sunny Beam. Qwilfish is sometimes used on Kyogre teams I think Kongler used it especially that it can Selfdestruct.
I'm surprised Breloom isn't used in those tournaments. You'd think that people would take advantage of his SporePunching skills.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-21-2006, 11:49 PM
RedRoninMan's Avatar
RedRoninMan Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Warsaw,September 1944
Posts: 918
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
I'm surprised Breloom isn't used in those tournaments. You'd think that people would take advantage of his SporePunching skills.
From what I saw, not much strategy was actually used besides getting monsters with super high stats and using high powered attacks.
__________________

My Bishies are Walter C. Dornez, Arcanine and Venusaur!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-22-2006, 04:18 AM
massi4h Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 310
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Spore punch in 2v2? Not really gonna do much. Obi's Smeargle team was good though. I know a lot of NBers who didn't load with Ubers. But they still won cause they are skilled.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-22-2006, 08:47 AM
David Um's Avatar
David Um Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 206
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

I don't use ubers in netbattle, but I still beat people with ubers with my non-uber team.

I dont get why jumpluff is used common in JAA and not exeguttor? I mean it's obvious that all of eggy's stat points are higher than jumpluff's, except speed, and eggy has that massive 383 sp.att to boot with.

so I don't get why there are no exeguttors used in JAA.

lol breloom in ubers. they are probably not used because probably there are mewtwos used everytime in JAA.

sleepysheep's comment: whoever thinks kyogre is a fake whale seriously needs to get a life.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Light Titan's Avatar
Light Titan Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Check on your neighbors roof......
Posts: 511
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Um View Post
I don't use ubers in netbattle, but I still beat people with ubers with my non-uber team.

I dont get why jumpluff is used common in JAA and not exeguttor? I mean it's obvious that all of eggy's stat points are higher than jumpluff's, except speed, and eggy has that massive 383 sp.att to boot with.

so I don't get why there are no exeguttors used in JAA.

lol breloom in ubers. they are probably not used because probably there are mewtwos used everytime in JAA.

sleepysheep's comment: whoever thinks kyogre is a fake whale seriously needs to get a life.
i entered and had tw ubers in my team but was only going to use one
while the girl iwas faceing used 3
and her brother was telling her what to do from the sidelines
and they didnt even let me back in!
__________________
FC: 2535 0089 3582- Jeremy
Yea I'm back
Dont know for how long but just enjoy me while you can.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massi4h View Post
Spore punch in 2v2? Not really gonna do much. Obi's Smeargle team was good though. I know a lot of NBers who didn't load with Ubers. But they still won cause they are skilled.
It somehow slipped my mind that those were 2v2. o_x I was sad not to see any Milotics, either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Light Titan's Avatar
Light Titan Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Check on your neighbors roof......
Posts: 511
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
It somehow slipped my mind that those were 2v2. o_x I was sad not to see any Milotics, either.
How many people here entered for their state?
I did for washington
__________________
FC: 2535 0089 3582- Jeremy
Yea I'm back
Dont know for how long but just enjoy me while you can.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Seawolf's Avatar
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Illium
Posts: 10,894
Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Titan View Post
How many people here entered for their state?
I did for washington
I almost entered for Oregon, but then I forgot to sign up for it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Light Titan's Avatar
Light Titan Offline
Elite Trainer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Check on your neighbors roof......
Posts: 511
Default Re: 2006 Pokemon Video Game National Championships Recap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megumi View Post
I almost entered for Oregon, but then I forgot to sign up for it.
some of the people in washington either sucked or cheated
this one guy lost in two turns,
had a celebi on his team,
and said the OTHER person was cheating just because his pokemon used earthquake twice and finished his whole team,
Just pathetic.
__________________
FC: 2535 0089 3582- Jeremy
Yea I'm back
Dont know for how long but just enjoy me while you can.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com