Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 05-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Bakura2004 Offline
Banned

Default Is space infinated?

I want to know what you people think about this topic. I personaly don't belive that space strenches on forever. I just have a hard time beliving that anything can go on forever. As for what's at the end, I really never thought about that.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:31 AM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Is space infinated?

I believe it's contracting. I believe that because of black holes. We'll never know how many there are and if they are really taking in space/planets but that's my opionon.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:37 AM
Agent Orange Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Agent Orange

I try not to think of these things as they hurt my brain. I agree with Marco. I thisnk space is not ulimited.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:49 AM
// shattered-dreams // Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to // shattered-dreams // Send a message via MSN to // shattered-dreams // Send a message via Yahoo to // shattered-dreams //

infinated isn't a word ;D
Old 05-29-2004, 03:54 AM
Ierdar Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ierdar Send a message via MSN to Ierdar Send a message via Yahoo to Ierdar

Have you ever played mulitplayer on StarFox64? On the levels when you reach the boarder, you go to the other side. Think of it like that.

well, I dont think of it like that, but meh. I dont know about strechting forever, but I dont know, its not impossible. =\
Old 05-29-2004, 04:11 AM
§hadow Offline
Elite Trainer

well I think so but in a way not a short anser is we will probobly never know.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Well the current hypothesis for space right now is that it's either expanding of contracting, and it is a cube/rectangular prism. This is due to the alignment of the stars that was observed.

Anyway, it seems to be just, but I still think something is missing...
Old 05-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Ironshell Blastoise Offline

Send a message via AIM to Ironshell Blastoise Send a message via MSN to Ironshell Blastoise

I want to know what the **** is at the end. I don't see how there can be an end to something so massive. Where did the matter come from? Where does the universe end, if it does? Honestly, this is one of the fewest topics that hurts my head to think about, because I know what I'm thinking about, I just don't have an answer.

BTW, thank you Bakura for posting something worthwhile
Old 05-29-2004, 03:28 PM
DragonTamer Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonTamer Send a message via Yahoo to DragonTamer

It has to be. I mean, even if it has a shape and an end/edge, there's got to be something outside of it (like after you leave earth there's space) and then something outside that... and that... and now my head hurts. That's what I think anyway. It just goes on forever.
Old 06-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer

The three planier dimensions of existance we live on is ever-expanding. Currently the composition of the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light. But as theorized by Albert Einstien, the universe will eventually slow down it's expansion, and then begin to shrink.

However, the light-matter composition that is actually tangible is set at a certain mass.

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Old 06-02-2004, 12:07 AM
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer

Space is nothing so there is nothing after space. Space expands, so everything actually grows slowly apart from everything. Space also has no shape, mathematically there is no center. you can not reach the "end of space" because theres nothing, and nothing created space because space is nothing. Matter is what uses space.

If you are interested in this i suggest you buy some physics books, you learn a lot.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Steven Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Steven

I think that it is a kind of limitless sphere that connects on its ends, so if you go as far as you can left, you be on the right most, and if you go as far as you can up, you'll be on the bottom. I also remember something about things are made up of itself, except smaller. They looked at a mountain, then at the rocks on it, then at stones on that, then at pieces, and they were all shaped similar and pointed up kind of. What I mean is, Atoms are like solar systems, solar systems are like universes, and they all go around a mid point with things circiling around. I mean, think if you could become huge, and just keep on getting larger and larger... you wouldn't be able to become larger, and as for smaller, you can keep going smaller. I mean think about numbers. You can still have a positive number even if you halve yourself 100 times every second for a century... or if you doubled yourself, there is no end... very perplexing... Just thinking about it, it's like wondering if we are just on an atom on someone's shoe in a larger universe... You can't really percieve the whole hugeness of it all... What is there that's bigger than us? What is it all... What's it all mean, where did the existence of existence form? How could it get here from nothing, or was it always here? Thats quite strange wonderin what nothing was... What if there was an opposite of zero... maybe it sounds like rambling, but it's just so strange... How can it all be... why does it all happen and work... Maybe...
Old 07-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Alakazam Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam

Is space finite? Honestly, we'll never know. Since the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, it would not be possible to ever reach it's edge.

What's at the end of space? I, of course, don't know...but I do know what it's NOT. It couldn't be matter or space. If it were space, than it wouldn't be the end of space, would it? It, therefore, must be something other than matter or space...
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazam
Is space finite? Honestly, we'll never know. Since the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light, it would not be possible to ever reach it's edge.

What's at the end of space? I, of course, don't know...but I do know what it's NOT. It couldn't be matter or space. If it were space, than it wouldn't be the end of space, would it? It, therefore, must be something other than matter or space...
If space is expanding faster than light, wouldn't that mean it's expanding into the past...?
*intruiged*

Meh, like Steven, I think there's a fluidium.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:26 PM
caligal0224 Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to caligal0224 Send a message via MSN to caligal0224

I've always pondered upon this question...I think space is infinite...but I too get a headache when thinking to hard about this kinda thing...I know what I think, I just have a hard time putting it into words. IMHO, this subject is too difficult for mankind to ever understand, it's just not something we can comprehend, we never will be able to either.