Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew
Default Re: Is space infinated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
If space is expanding faster than light, wouldn't that mean it's expanding into the past...?
*intruiged*

Meh, like Steven, I think there's a fluidium.
No it wouldn't -_-...

I think that the Universe is expanding infinitly... I guess. I tend to be optimistic in most cases, like this for example. and like people have said b4... we will never know in our lifetime because of spaces immensly garantuous size.It would take us a few years just to get to Mars in a space shuttle (I think... )
Old 08-18-2004, 10:12 PM
JoshE Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to JoshE Send a message via Yahoo to JoshE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Pikachu
I try not to think of these things as they hurt my brain. I agree with Marco. I thisnk space is not ulimited.
Does that mean there is like a wall or something at the end lol!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:29 AM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Things like this do hurt my brain as well XD... Have you guys ever thought about how you fall asleep WHILE you are trying to get to sleep XD... it keeps ya up forever... it is very annoying... I go crazy just typing about it XD...

It depends on whattheory you beleive in as well... ones like a god created the universe and it is just here, with boundries and stuff or the Big Banf theory where the universe is expanding away from a central point into an infinate ablyss That hurt my head... XD.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Jhem Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Jhem Send a message via MSN to Jhem Send a message via Yahoo to Jhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshE
Does that mean there is like a wall or something at the end lol!
Yeah, and if there is an end.. what's beyond that end? complete nothingness? will you vaporize if you try to cross? CAN you cross? is is just endless solid material? ANy which you think of it, the universe never ends. It goes on infinitely. I dont think there's anything in the bible that mentions the length of the universe. But he sure doesn't say that it isn't infinite, it just says he created the heavens and the earth and the solar system.

if the universe IS limited, then outside of that limited area would have to be another limited area, maybe an area that contains infinitely many other universes. Liek I said, either way you look at it, it goes on forever.

My theory is that the universe is expanding, which is why it is a vacuum. As long as it is expanding, the pressure in the universe with continuously get thinner and thinner, meaning that the vacuum is always getting stronger, even though human instruments may not be able to detect that. And somebody mentioned something about the universe expanding faster than the speed of light?

Your idea is actually true... but not true as well. If there are aliens out there right now, and they are about 2,000 light years away and they were looking at us through a telescope, they would probably see jesus right now on earth. Although that is not actually happening, it IS happening where they're at. I believe than humans cannot actually go back in time, liek time travel, I believe that we can SEE into the past, if we were far enough away, that is.
Ahh, I'm tired. I need oreos for brain food

Last edited by Jhem; 08-19-2004 at 08:38 AM.