Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmaball3000
Many straight couples don't have kids. Besides, you can adopt and still provide a loving environment for a child.
So it's okay for same sex marrages?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000

Why wouldn't it be?
Old 03-07-2004, 05:31 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to The End

Yes, why wouldnt it be, I dont see why not, let them love eachother and get marriage rights that they deserve. mm...now there is an idea, and by not letting them marry, you are lettting christianity get into government, which violates seperation of religion and government.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Joe Moma Offline
Master Trainer

I dont think gays should be abble to get married it's not right yea let them be gay but dont let tham get married
Old 03-07-2004, 05:37 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Thats all good and stuff, but what about the rights? Even if yo udont let them get married, just let them get the rights that they need.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moma
I dont think gays should be abble to get married it's not right yea let them be gay but dont let tham get married
How generous of you to let them be gay . Why is it "not right" to let them marry? You can hardly call that an argument at all. Is it not right because it's different from the majority of people? Just look at the world history and see how many times thing like this have happened before. It's pure discrimination not to let them get married.
Also, what does it matter to people who are now against the gay marriage? Nobody's life would have a lesser quality because gays can marry, so why be against it?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:08 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Some guy really did want to marry his dog.....and they couldn't refuse it because it would be discrimination.....so u guys think that THAT'S right?? I'm sorry but that man is a perv.......and gay marriage is also a form of perversion......I have no problem with gay people I just don't think they should be married.....Just my opinion but I guess I'm out numbered lol

This suit is black not.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:21 PM
The End Offline
Banned

NOt really, considering the fact that only one state lets them marr.y
Old 03-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBaseballguy4
Some guy really did want to marry his dog.....and they couldn't refuse it because it would be discrimination.....so u guys think that THAT'S right?? I'm sorry but that man is a perv.......and gay marriage is also a form of perversion......I have no problem with gay people I just don't think they should be married.....Just my opinion but I guess I'm out numbered lol
You are not seriously comparing a dog to a human are you? A dog is an animal, whose feelings are at a totally different level than the feelings from humans.
Also, I don't really believe this story. You're saying that a man can marry a dog, but gays can't get married? What state do you live in for God's sake?!
Is homosexuality a form of perversion? It's as perverted as heterosexuality. You decide wether it's perverted or not.
If you have no problem with gay people, why deny them the right to get married and be happy? It doesn't hurt you, and it makes them happy. Perfect solution, not?

For people who have given, or will give religious arguments:
http://www.godlovesfags.com/bible/bible_on.html

Offtopic >>
Is it 'I denie' or 'I deny'? ^_^;; And what about 'to denie' or 'to deny'?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:30 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

And that's one to many......and even the states that don't allow them....they're still getting married like in California they're not allowed to be married but they still have been.

This suit is black not.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316

Well I'm christian so i believe that Bush made a good stand banning gay marriages. IMO man can only be married to a woman it is written in the bible so i beleive and feel that it is true. I dont know exactly how to keep argueing but i just feel gay marriages are...wrong..

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
The End Offline
Banned

Maybe you feel this way because the bible makes you feel this way, maybe.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapkmnguy_3000
Well I'm christian so i believe that Bush made a good stand banning gay marriages. IMO man can only be married to a woman it is written in the bible so i beleive and feel that it is true. I dont know exactly how to keep argueing but i just feel gay marriages are...wrong..
It's the way you red and interprete (sp?) the Bible that makes you form opinions. There isn't a verse that says: "And then God said that gays were wrong and should not be able to get married" or anything like that.
Also, read this
http://www.godlovesfags.com/bible/bible_on.html
Old 03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

ok dude look at the title of that website "Godlovesfags" um if it was real it would be more like god loves homosexuals.....since well *** is an insult to gay men...and in that site "A man shall not lie with a man as a woman it's an abomination" there ya go I realise that not everyone is a Christian but this country was built on Christianity. So heh I can't change ur opinion but hey...I'll think what I wanna think and u think what u wanna think.

This suit is black not.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBaseballguy4
ok dude look at the title of that website "Godlovesfags" um if it was real it would be more like god loves homosexuals.....since well *** is an insult to gay men...and in that site "A man shall not lie with a man as a woman it's an abomination" there ya go I realise that not everyone is a Christian but this country was built on Christianity. So heh I can't change ur opinion but hey...I'll think what I wanna think and u think what u wanna think.
Meh, I do think the site's real, *** is a lot shorter than homosexual, I think that's the reason.
-_-;; I won't go against the Bible, the site was just to show that the Bible isn't as negative as alot of people say about homosexuality.
I don't think that the US is built on Christianty. Yes, the Founding fathers were Christians, and yes the laws were made similair to the Ten Commandments, but that doesn't mean anything. Most of the Ten Commandments are just basic rules for a society to function normally, so no wonder they were "baed" on those.
I can't change you're opinion either, and I'm not trying to ^^;. I'm just debating on why I think my view is the correct one, it's nothing personal XD.