Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Crimson Spider's Avatar
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vegas Baby Yeah!
Posts: 132
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Same sex Marriages seriously messed up the Netherlands when they allowed it. Seriously messed up Rome, too.

O.K. You see, Homosexual people have the same right as hetero. A homosexual man can marry any women they please, and vice versa while getting all the same legal rights.

They aren't arguing for "Equal Rights" (an illusion in itself that has been brought on by the flower-children of the early days). They want special rights. Whether they've convinced themselves of the illusion of being homosexual or not isn't our problem. It's their choice, and their problem.

You see, the American Constitution doesn't give equal rights. When George Washington and all the other early presidents wrote "All men are created equal", what was refered to as a man was a middle aged white landowner. Women weren't men. Negro's weren't men. Native Americans weren't men either. This very "All men are created equal" is in fact a mere illusion brought upon by the changing definition of the word "Man".

Even to this day, women don't have equal rights. Yeah, they have the right to vote and stuff granted by the 18th amendment, but no where does it say they have the same rights as men.

There are scholarships for people of certain heritage exclusivly. That isn't equal rights. There are even scholarships for left-handed people. That is special rights, despite what they claim. There is no "Eye for an Eye". No justification outside of a judges ruling due to a felony or mistomeiner.

Due to the Unfortunate ruling in the constitution, it is unconstitutional for homosexuals to wed. End of Story. If you don't like it, don't live here. Equal-Rights activists argue against it, whilst the same arguement can be used to not allow someone to stay in prison indefinatly due to him/her seriously violating the rights of the constitution. While they argue for an exclusion for one's own breaking of the law, they stand hard against what they dis-agree with to argue against something that isn't against the law at all, but is only infact a slight descrimination of choice. Seems as if people only use the constitution of America to suit their own personal preferances while they ignore it when they dis-agree with it.

While Life, Liberty, And the persuit of happyness are inaliable rights, but the breaking of multiple laws to suit ones own personal preferance when there is a clear alternative is not an inaliable right, nor a right at all in actuallity. This is the same purpose of why murder, rape, and burglery are illegal. One can argue for hours on end of which why these may be justifiable, but ultimatly the American constitution has the final word. Which, once again, would mean the end of story for the gay marrages.

Another widely accepted mis-interpretation is that gays will refuse to have sex with a woman. That is utterly false. Not only is this true from personal studies, but is sometimes even pointed out in modern media. To put it in a simple form: It isn't love. It's sex, which is once again a choice.

The reason why there are so many acts against homosexuals? Simply put: Actions and choices. Whether you believe being homosexual is a choice or not, that does not in any way shape or form justify many of the actions of which would cause them to have limited rights. The reason why homsexuals cannot adopt children is because of the acts of NAMBLA (North American Men Boy Lover's Association). Such as one with extream homocidal intentions cannot have the same rights as your every-day man, gays cannot have the same rights.

The reason why homosexuals have a 30,000 times higher chance of contracting Aids (dis-regarding other sexually transmitted diseases) is because they give no regard to the notion of which you are to only have sex with one person, which is the very same ideal that marriage enforces. Condoms, pills. They do not work. They have been known to fail time and time again. So often it is as if they don't exist, nor do people use them. The permiscuocity of the homosexual stereotype and vast majority would give no consideration to the ideals of Marriage other than it's legal benifits, truly ruining the concept of marriage as a whole.

For this fact, there is little to no good that could actually come from allowing marriages of homosexuals. Analogy to letting a bunch of Jerks into a bar. Free rights, bad outcome.
__________________

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Kenny_C.002's Avatar
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hina <3
Posts: 12,268
Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Well it's not really about same-sex marriage, but more like if we allow this, would people take it further?

Okay. It's this issue that the governements are hesitating on "yes" or "no". See if they say "no", then it's "against human rights". If they say "yes", then people will definitely take it further and use the same arguments to get the "yes".

The question is, where do we stop? If we stop right here, we can prevent furthering the extremists, tho angering many. If we don't stop here, we can never stop until the extremes are allowed. This is the problem right here: we can't have a middle "line". It's either no to everything or yes to everything.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
Same sex Marriages seriously messed up the Netherlands when they allowed it. Seriously messed up Rome, too.
No it didn't. o_O;; where did you get that? I live in the Netherlands, and I can assure you this isn't true. Don't know about Rome though.
Quote:
O.K. You see, Homosexual people have the same right as hetero. A homosexual man can marry any women they please, and vice versa while getting all the same legal rights.

They aren't arguing for "Equal Rights" (an illusion in itself that has been brought on by the flower-children of the early days). They want special rights.
Never looked at it that way. you are right that they want special rights, but it isn't very fair to say. They don't care if they can marry a woman. Heterosexuals do care for this right.

Quote:
Whether they've convinced themselves of the illusion of being homosexual or not isn't our problem. It's their choice, and their problem.
It isn't an illusion and it isn't a choice -.-;;

Quote:
You see, the American Constitution doesn't give equal rights. When George Washington and all the other early presidents wrote "All men are created equal", what was refered to as a man was a middle aged white landowner. Women weren't men. Negro's weren't men. Native Americans weren't men either. This very "All men are created equal" is in fact a mere illusion brought upon by the changing definition of the word "Man".

Even to this day, women don't have equal rights. Yeah, they have the right to vote and stuff granted by the 18th amendment, but no where does it say they have the same rights as men.

There are scholarships for people of certain heritage exclusivly. That isn't equal rights. There are even scholarships for left-handed people. That is special rights, despite what they claim. There is no "Eye for an Eye". No justification outside of a judges ruling due to a felony or mistomeiner.
I don't get what you're saying. You're saying that there are really stupid thing in the law and that we should continue to have them? Change the law if it doesn't fit in this time anymore -.-;; simple as that.


Quote:
Due to the Unfortunate ruling in the constitution, it is unconstitutional for homosexuals to wed. End of Story. If you don't like it, don't live here. Equal-Rights activists argue against it, whilst the same arguement can be used to not allow someone to stay in prison indefinatly due to him/her seriously violating the rights of the constitution. While they argue for an exclusion for one's own breaking of the law, they stand hard against what they dis-agree with to argue against something that isn't against the law at all, but is only infact a slight descrimination of choice. Seems as if people only use the constitution of America to suit their own personal preferances while they ignore it when they dis-agree with it.
They feel that they're are mistreated by the law, and that it should change. Not that I think about it, if it was in the law that gays can't marry, than why would Bush want to change the Constitution to forbid these gaymarriages? I mean, when I read this I understand that it's already forbidden.
ANd what is against changing the laws anyways?

Quote:
While Life, Liberty, And the persuit of happyness are inaliable rights, but the breaking of multiple laws to suit ones own personal preferance when there is a clear alternative is not an inaliable right, nor a right at all in actuallity. This is the same purpose of why murder, rape, and burglery are illegal. One can argue for hours on end of which why these may be justifiable, but ultimatly the American constitution has the final word. Which, once again, would mean the end of story for the gay marrages.
Murder, rape and burglary are things that immediately harm others. Gaymarriage wouldn't harm anybody else. So...I don't see the comparison.

Quote:
Another widely accepted mis-interpretation is that gays will refuse to have sex with a woman. That is utterly false. Not only is this true from personal studies, but is sometimes even pointed out in modern media. To put it in a simple form: It isn't love. It's sex, which is once again a choice.
They won't refuse to have sex with a woman. Well uhm...in what situation? When their lives depend on it? When they are doubting they're sexual preference? Also, don't forget the possibility of being bisexual.

Quote:
The reason why there are so many acts against homosexuals? Simply put: Actions and choices. Whether you believe being homosexual is a choice or not, that does not in any way shape or form justify many of the actions of which would cause them to have limited rights. The reason why homsexuals cannot adopt children is because of the acts of NAMBLA (North American Men Boy Lover's Association). Such as one with extream homocidal intentions cannot have the same rights as your every-day man, gays cannot have the same rights.
-.-;; Homsexuals aren't all pedosexuals. That's a stereotype that is totally wrong. Sure, it does happen, but with the same numbers as heterosexual men. Just look at Dutroux.

Quote:
The reason why homosexuals have a 30,000 times higher chance of contracting Aids (dis-regarding other sexually transmitted diseases) is because they give no regard to the notion of which you are to only have sex with one person, which is the very same ideal that marriage enforces. Condoms, pills. They do not work. They have been known to fail time and time again. So often it is as if they don't exist, nor do people use them. The permiscuocity of the homosexual stereotype and vast majority would give no consideration to the ideals of Marriage other than it's legal benifits, truly ruining the concept of marriage as a whole.
A lot of gays live with the same man/woman for the rest of their lives, and would like to marry. There are a lot of monogamous (? you know what I mean right?) gays out there. But the media don't show them, they only show the dragqueen type of gay.
Also, there are secial gaycondoms that do work - it all depends on the responsility-feeling of the person. Marriage includes that you sleep with one person alone, so this would be good for AIDS and other deceases --> they wouldn't spread so widely.

Quote:
For this fact, there is little to no good that could actually come from allowing marriages of homosexuals. Analogy to letting a bunch of Jerks into a bar. Free rights, bad outcome.
Uhm, eveything that comes out of gaymarriage is good. Everybody'll be happy, nobody is hurt.
<<Analogy to letting a bunch of Jerks into a bar>> I don't get that sentence >> *feels dumb*

Last edited by Seven; 03-07-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: i did it 4 teh lulz
Posts: 6,541
Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

The reason why I don't approve of this is because it's wrong! Haven't you people ever heard of Sodom and Gumoro?!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-07-2004, 08:34 PM
plasmaball3000's Avatar
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Actually, I can't say I have.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco
The reason why I don't approve of this is because it's wrong! Haven't you people ever heard of Sodom and Gumoro?!
Have you heard about:
- Thinking for yourself, and not believing a 2000 year old book without questioning it?
- Not being a Christian?
- Not believing the Bible?

Quote:
ost people assume Sodom was destroyed due to God's judgments upon the the homosexual lusts of the inhabitants. Yet many now argue that the sin of Sodom was lack of hospitality to the angelic visitors who stayed with Lot. How does the rest of the Bible explain the 'sin of Sodom'? It is clear from Ezekiel 16:49-50 that Sodom's sin was primarily pride, wealth, and indifference to the needy; it is also evident from Luke 10:10-12 that Jesus explicitly stated that many sins would be punished more severely on the day of Judgment than the sins of Sodom. Even if the sins of Sodom were in part sexual, it is important to note that it is the violence of the treatment of the strangers that is condemned -- something that hardly applies to acts performed between *consenting* adults.
Gosh! The Bible can be interpreted in different ways! What news! Let the world celebrate -.-;;

Oh, and BTW, doesn't the Bible say something about loving everybody? Or is that just me --

Last edited by Seven; 03-07-2004 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: i did it 4 teh lulz
Posts: 6,541
Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Have you heard about_:
- Thinking for yourself, and not believing a 2000 year old book without questioning it?
- Not being a Christian?
- Not believing the Bible?

Gosh! The Bible can be interpreted in different ways! What news! Let the world celebrate -.-;;

Oh, and BTW, doesn't the Bible say something about loving everybody? Or is that just me --
[/size][/font]
It does say that. I'm just talking about gay marrages not loving everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-07-2004, 10:42 PM
sdp's Avatar
sdp Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 129
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

There is a reson state and religion are separated.

Why can't homosexual couples have the same rights to get married and get the benefits of marriage?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: i did it 4 teh lulz
Posts: 6,541
Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp
There is a reson state and religion are separated.

Why can't homosexual couples have the same rights to get married and get the benefits of marriage?
They can do what ever they want but it won't do them any good.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-07-2004, 11:33 PM
plasmaball3000's Avatar
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Actually, they can't do whatever they want, especially if the constitutional ban pulls through.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Crimson Spider's Avatar
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vegas Baby Yeah!
Posts: 132
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
No it didn't. o_O;; where did you get that? I live in the Netherlands, and I can assure you this isn't true. Don't know about Rome though.
I got that from the radio. Seeing as you live in the Netherlands, you could easily use that as a medium to the well-being of a country and paradigms would easily allow you to miss the little figures. And actually, yeah. It was on of the things that killed Rome, aside from being devided up into multiple groups.

Quote:
Never looked at it that way. you are right that they want special rights, but it isn't very fair to say. They don't care if they can marry a woman. Heterosexuals do care for this right.
Actually, I believe I've heard of a homosexual man or two that married a woman for the legal rights, and to go bump in the night. Not from modern media, but by actually meeting them.
Quote:

It isn't an illusion and it isn't a choice -.-;;
O.K. Do you HONESTLY want me to pull out my 10 page report on why being homosexual is biologically impossible? On how a person becomes homosexual in the first place? Just give the word, and I'll put it up.
Quote:

I don't get what you're saying. You're saying that there are really stupid thing in the law and that we should continue to have them? Change the law if it doesn't fit in this time anymore -.-;; simple as that.
What I'm saying is that 9/10 arguments for Homosexual weddings is based on a falacy.
Quote:
They feel that they're are mistreated by the law, and that it should change. Not that I think about it, if it was in the law that gays can't marry, than why would Bush want to change the Constitution to forbid these gaymarriages? I mean, when I read this I understand that it's already forbidden.
Do you know how many serial killers feel mistreated by the law? And BTW, it is in the law that it is illegal for gays to marry, to marry homosexuals, and even very recently Clinton passed an act that forbid them from wedding. Bush is just standing on the opposite side if legalizing it.

Quote:
ANd what is against changing the laws anyways?
A lot of things. For one, changing the laws has caused a lot of problems in the US I.E. the patriot act. The changing of law is almost always to give special rights to a single group I.E. the rich. These amending of the law means that it infact holds no ground on actual authority and can be dis-regarded as a mere preferance, and one can easily argue that murder isn't illegal with this basis.

Quote:
Murder, rape and burglary are things that immediately harm others. Gaymarriage wouldn't harm anybody else. So...I don't see the comparison.
The comparison lies in the fact that it is ILLEGAL. And FYI: Gay marriage could very easily harm someone else. Such as 2/3rds of abuse cases are strictly verbal, actual physical damage isn't the only kind of damage out there.

Quote:
They won't refuse to have sex with a woman. Well uhm...in what situation? When their lives depend on it? When they are doubting they're sexual preference? Also, don't forget the possibility of being bisexual.
If a decent-looking girl just simply offered herself. Simple as that. Let me tell you the little study that was conducted:

My sister's friend decided (due to other circumstances) that she would examine this gayness a little closely (she's in college. UNLV to be exact). She offered to have sex with 6 Flaming Homosexuals who had publicly swore that they were completely gay. And guess what? They all Happily agreed. Each time they agreed, she denied herself from them and moved on. Now either they were all A)lying about being gay. B)Were Bisexual and didn't know it. Or C)Pure Gayness is an illusion. Pick one. They all bring gayness into question of actuality.

Quote:
-.-;; Homsexuals aren't all pedosexuals. That's a stereotype that is totally wrong. Sure, it does happen, but with the same numbers as heterosexual men. Just look at Dutroux.
Look at the ratio's of homosexual molesters to non homosexual molesters to strait molesters to strait non-molesters. They are WAY off.
Quote:
A lot of gays live with the same man/woman for the rest of their lives, and would like to marry. There are a lot of monogamous (? you know what I mean right?) gays out there. But the media don't show them, they only show the dragqueen type of gay.
I beg to differ. You see, in the US, the democratic party almost exclusivly controlls the media. The Democratic party is as pro-gay marriage as you can possibly get, so they show gays in the best light possible. But regardless, 30,000:1 isn't a healthy ratio. Homosexuals also have themselves an expected life of 35 years. The actions of the few do not give reason to dis-regard the actions of the many.
Quote:
Also, there are secial gaycondoms that do work - it all depends on the responsility-feeling of the person. Marriage includes that you sleep with one person alone, so this would be good for AIDS and other deceases --> they wouldn't spread so widely.
How many men cheat on their wives, and vice versa? For what I've seen, gays only wed for one reason, and 7/10 times heteros have the same reason: Legal Benifits. That is the whole basis of which the democratic party argues. That they should get the same legal benifits for marriage. Not that they would be joined together in holy matrimony.

This has been told in many health classes and on the news: There is only 1 sure-fire way to prevent sexual disease and pregnancy: Don't have sex. Everything else has had multiple accounts of failing, even when stack on eachother. If homosexuals are dying between the age of 35 and 40, then there is certainly a reason why. Take a guess.


Quote:
Uhm, eveything that comes out of gaymarriage is good. Everybody'll be happy, nobody is hurt.
<<Analogy to letting a bunch of Jerks into a bar>> I don't get that sentence >> *feels dumb*
Nobody hurt? You definatly don't know the US too well. Emotional damage and scaring is just one of the*"hurt' that can come out of it. Want me to list more? Just give the word.

BTW: An analogy is the relation of two objects, or circumstances through other objects or circumstances. Basically, I'm relating a bunch of Jerks into a bar to allowing homosexuals to marry.

Quote:
Have you heard about_:
- Thinking for yourself, and not believing a 2000 year old book without questioning it?
- Not being a Christian?
- Not believing the Bible?
And I actually considered you something close to the relation of intelligence for awhile.
Have you heard about_:
- Not supporting gay marriage?
- Gays going strait?
- Being a Christian?

Obviously not. Do you know why we don't question the Bible? Because we are a seldomly talked about issue of being something called Born Again. This is what happens when your Soul & Spirit are cleansed in the blood of Jesus. When you are born again, trust me. You know it. You feel it. And how can this immense rush if understanding and peace and wisdom come sheerly from a lie? Simply put: It doesn't.

You can't change what you believe. That is the reason why most gays never try to go strait, while the small amount that do often times end up being strait. Then they tell their stories to all the little boys and girls about being gay, and what they thought and did at that time.

Quote:
Oh, and BTW, doesn't the Bible say something about loving everybody? Or is that just me --
Yes, it does say that. And? Whether we love them or not does not let us agree with them, just as I do not agree with murder.

(reads through other posts)
What I said is also covered.
__________________

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html

Last edited by Crimson Spider; 03-08-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Mizu's Avatar
Mizu Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mexico
Posts: 145
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDES! What's up with you people? I'm personally Catholic, but I don't believe in that...Of course there's GOTTA be something after this torture called ¨Life¨, but, why can't people get the idea that if two people that love each other (regardless of their gender) they have the right to decide if they stay together all their life. AND, why can´t the church see that too? I mean, you gotta accept, most priests (catholic) were gay, but were afraid of ¨coming out¨ and could'nt haver a relationship with a woman, so, VOILA! Instant devotion to god. Oh, and, if god, or whoever you belived in, really loved us, he would have accpeted it all along...
__________________
Kids in the backseat cause accidents, accidents in the backseat, cause kids...O_o;;

Don't make it rain on someone elses parade ...MAKE IT THUNDEH!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-08-2004, 02:09 AM
Crimson Spider's Avatar
Crimson Spider Offline
Experienced Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vegas Baby Yeah!
Posts: 132
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDES! What's up with you people? I'm personally Catholic, but I don't believe in that...
Aww crap. A catholic. Nothing personal... but I've had some bad experiences with catholics.

Quote:
Of course there's GOTTA be something after this torture called ¨Life¨, but, why can't people get the idea that if two people that love each other (regardless of their gender) they have the right to decide if they stay together all their life.
Most Catholics believe in Purgatory.
They do have the right to stay together for all their life.
Quote:
AND, why can´t the church see that too?
Because the bible specifically mentions that a man shall not sleep with another man, and that those who do shall not enter the kingdom of heaven.
Quote:
I mean, you gotta accept, most priests (catholic) were gay, but were afraid of ¨coming out¨ and could'nt haver a relationship with a woman, so, VOILA! Instant devotion to god. Oh, and, if god, or whoever you belived in, really loved us, he would have accpeted it all along...
God loves us. He hates our sins, but he loves us.

If I remember correctly, the only thing you need to do to become a Catholic priest is to take a class on it. One can Claim devotion to god, but there are quite the convincing liars out there I.E. the child Molesters.

I mean, no where in the Bible (the original, and not the re-made versioin) does it say that a priest cannot wed.
__________________

Sup, Dog? Check this out.
http://www.liliy.net/mdak/guestart.html
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-08-2004, 11:29 AM
plasmaball3000's Avatar
plasmaball3000 Offline
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 402
Send a message via ICQ to plasmaball3000 Send a message via AIM to plasmaball3000 Send a message via MSN to plasmaball3000 Send a message via Yahoo to plasmaball3000
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
A lot of things. For one, changing the laws has caused a lot of problems in the US I.E. the patriot act. The changing of law is almost always to give special rights to a single group I.E. the rich.
Are you saying that all gays are rich, or am I missing the point of this?

Quote:
The comparison lies in the fact that it is ILLEGAL. And FYI: Gay marriage could very easily harm someone else. Such as 2/3rds of abuse cases are strictly verbal, actual physical damage isn't the only kind of damage out there.
Do you mind telling us how gay marriage could harm someone else, and why they couldn't raise a child?

Quote:
Yes, it does say that. And? Whether we love them or not does not let us agree with them, just as I do not agree with murder.
Again, how are you getting this always-true statistic that you say all gays are murderers?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Seven's Avatar
Seven Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 929
Default Re: Same-sex Marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Spider
I got that from the radio. Seeing as you live in the Netherlands, you could easily use that as a medium to the well-being of a country and paradigms would easily allow you to miss the little figures. And actually, yeah. It was on of the things that killed Rome, aside from being devided up into multiple groups.
--; I'll say it again - nothing went wrong here. And what is 'seriously messed up' anyway? Taht's not very clear. And if I should look in the little figures, how serious can it be?
Also, I don't think Rome was killed by homosexuality. It isn't a decease spreading, it was there anyway.

Quote:
Actually, I believe I've heard of a homosexual man or two that married a woman for the legal rights, and to go bump in the night. Not from modern media, but by actually meeting them.
Sure some gays will do these things. Are they truly gay? Who knows? But maybe hey did this because they don't wnat to expose themself. The less something is accepetd by society, the more likely it is that people will do these things.

Quote:
O.K. Do you HONESTLY want me to pull out my 10 page report on why being homosexual is biologically impossible? On how a person becomes homosexual in the first place? Just give the word, and I'll put it up.
I know it's not a choice, though I don't know why it happens. I now this because of my own experiences.

Quote:
What I'm saying is that 9/10 arguments for Homosexual weddings is based on a fallacy.
I wish I knew every gaycouple as personal as you seem to know them --;.

Quote:
Do you know how many serial killers feel mistreated by the law? And BTW, it is in the law that it is illegal for gays to marry, to marry homosexuals, and even very recently Clinton passed an act that forbid them from wedding. Bush is just standing on the opposite side if legalizing it.
Serial killer kill people, gays don't. That's the difference. I don't lik eyellow cars. still, it isn't forbidden by the law. Should it be? Most argument against gay marriage are religious (not all, but most), and religion and state are, and should be seperated.

Quote:
A lot of things. For one, changing the laws has caused a lot of problems in the US I.E. the patriot act. The changing of law is almost always to give special rights to a single group I.E. the rich. These amending of the law means that it infact holds no ground on actual authority and can be dis-regarded as a mere preferance, and one can easily argue that murder isn't illegal with this basis.
Everybody gets the right to marry the same sex, so it isn't a specail right. Everybody gains a right.

Quote:
The comparison lies in the fact that it is ILLEGAL. And FYI: Gay marriage could very easily harm someone else. Such as 2/3rds of abuse cases are strictly verbal, actual physical damage isn't the only kind of damage out there.
Gay marriage could only hurt people who meddle in other people's affaird. Someone's life doens't have a lesser value because of gaymarriage. Also, when there would be a huge group, with reasonable arguments who think murder should be legal, it probably would be. But murder makes a society not function well, gaymarriage has no influence on everyday life for non-gays.

Quote:
If a decent-looking girl just simply offered herself. Simple as that. Let me tell you the little study that was conducted:

My sister's friend decided (due to other circumstances) that she would examine this gayness a little closely (she's in college. UNLV to be exact). She offered to have sex with 6 Flaming Homosexuals who had publicly swore that they were completely gay. And guess what? They all Happily agreed. Each time they agreed, she denied herself from them and moved on. Now either they were all A)lying about being gay. B)Were Bisexual and didn't know it. Or C)Pure Gayness is an illusion. Pick one. They all bring gayness into question of actuality.
I'd go for B. Or for what I said earlier: desperatly trying to be straight. Ans does this mean every gay will do this? No. Sure, there'll be people who think it's hip to be gay, or think that they're gay and aren't.

Quote:
Look at the ratio's of homosexual molesters to non homosexual molesters to strait molesters to strait non-molesters. They are WAY off.
That doesn't concern the marriage, it concerns the homosexuality in itself. Plus, I don't know these figures.

Quote:
I beg to differ. You see, in the US, the democratic party almost exclusivly controlls the media. The Democratic party is as pro-gay marriage as you can possibly get, so they show gays in the best light possible. But regardless, 30,000:1 isn't a healthy ratio. Homosexuals also have themselves an expected life of 35 years. The actions of the few do not give reason to dis-regard the actions of the many.
When I was watching MTV, there was a program about gays. Now, MTV is pretty pro-gay right. All of the gays in the program were dragqueens. They all waved their hand, and they all were just so...female. But it's not just in the US...here, still all the gays on TV are dragqueens --; Stupid, really.
Life eptence: I honestly have no idea, but it isn't a reason not to let them get married.

Quote:
How many men cheat on their wives, and vice versa? For what I've seen, gays only wed for one reason, and 7/10 times heteros have the same reason: Legal Benifits. That is the whole basis of which the democratic party argues. That they should get the same legal benifits for marriage. Not that they would be joined together in holy matrimony.
You're right. Most marriages are for the legal benefits. If you marry legally, not in church that is. But that doesn't mean there isn't true love. Gays'll never get to marry in church - so they won't reach for it. My parents only married because of the financial befeits, but they love eachother more than anything. And they lived together for 10 years before they got married. Why? They didn't feel like arranging it.
Why deny gays these financial benefits? Discrimination, nothing more.

Quote:
This has been told in many health classes and on the news: There is only 1 sure-fire way to prevent sexual disease and pregnancy: Don't have sex. Everything else has had multiple accounts of failing, even when stack on eachother. If homosexuals are dying between the age of 35 and 40, then there is certainly a reason why. Take a guess.
Yeah, and best way to not get in a car accident is not to drive in a car. That's not the way the world goes. And BTW, there are condoms and stuff, that are made for gays. Wether they use them, they should know for themselves.

Quote:
Nobody hurt? You definatly don't know the US too well. Emotional damage and scaring is just one of the*"hurt' that can come out of it. Want me to list more? Just give the word.
Because two people who already lived together, now can marry can lead to emotional damage? Please tell me you're kidding.

Quote:
And I actually considered you something close to the relation of intelligence for awhile.
Have you heard about_:
- Not supporting gay marriage?
- Gays going strait?
- Being a Christian?
Yes I have, but Marco was acting like everyone believes the Bible, and everything in the Bible is a fact. I was merely making a statement. Though I am honored that you consider me close to the relation of intelligence ^_^.

Quote:
Obviously not. Do you know why we don't question the Bible? Because we are a seldomly talked about issue of being something called Born Again. This is what happens when your Soul & Spirit are cleansed in the blood of Jesus. When you are born again, trust me. You know it. You feel it. And how can this immense rush if understanding and peace and wisdom come sheerly from a lie? Simply put: It doesn't.
You chose to believe the Bible, I chose not to. I thin kit's a beautiful book, but certainly not meant for the purposes it's used for.
The second part isn't true, in my eyes anyway. All those people who are in sects believe the same thing. All the people who are muslim believe the same thing. All the hindus believe the same thing. It's not as simple as you put it.

Quote:
You can't change what you believe. That is the reason why most gays never try to go strait, while the small amount that do often times end up being strait. Then they tell their stories to all the little boys and girls about being gay, and what they thought and did at that time.
Same goes for people who are truely gay and think they're heterosexual. And maybe gays don't want to be gay (don't accept themselves), and "go straight", just to feel good.

Quote:
Yes, it does say that. And? Whether we love them or not does not let us agree with them, just as I do not agree with murder.
But still you deny them a great deal of happiness. Something I'll never understand.

BTW: Gays going with women in the end >> don't you think that's it's possible that you love someone's personality more than physical appearance? Heterosexuality/Homosexuality just covers the sexual attraction, not the personalities.

Last edited by Seven; 03-08-2004 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Messed up a quote ^_^
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com