Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Danne112 Offline

Default RP School - sort of urgent

I didn't get much of a response for restarting the old RP Academy that helps new players here. I run one such school on another set of forums and would like to open one here. I'll admit I'm not the best RPer in the world, I do know how to write though and I have experience.

If I can get a few colleagues to help keep it going since I'm busy often I'll gladly open one here since there has been a long-needed void. I also have a set of lessons that I could share for this board from my other RP School that would help it as well. Basically, anyone who is interested or would be willing to support such a place in any way please just let me know. It's really getting ridiculous without one in some instances.

Thanks

Last edited by Danne112; 09-25-2006 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon
Default Re: RP School - sort of urgent

I'd be willing to help in any way possible. Just tell me what to do.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Danne112 Offline

Wow, I got someone interested already, thank you! I'm not quite sure how I will go about staffing the school yet, the main roles cannot be done by me though because I don't have that much time (I know, convienent huh?). I will however provide any/all material needed for the School in its duration and get it going and what not.

Anyways, for staffing I'd probably have to ask for RP Samples (even though I HATE to do that since there's so much more to this than RP Samples). Or perhaps another similar way, like editing/advice samples (since that's what would need to get done here). For now we just need to get the word out and make sure that there will be enough interest in this idea, hopefully there will be. I also really don't want to step on anyones toes with this.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Alright, I'll try to spread the word some. Maybe we can start at saying something about it at the roleplays we're in.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Danne112 Offline

I have a link in my signature, I think anything else would be advertising x_x lol and Ive gotten called out on my other forum for that lots of times heheh. Either way, better safe than sorry ;)
Old 09-26-2006, 12:21 AM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Okay, I'll add ont to my signature, too. I think I have enough room...

Old 09-30-2006, 08:08 PM
SpazzedOutRayquaza Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to SpazzedOutRayquaza

I would like to learn in some areas and teach in others. I'm a decent RPer, but I'm not the best or averything... my posts are usually average length, with an occasional short one or long one. I'm good with dialogue and plot ideas, but bad at emotion and synonyms.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:15 PM
.Red. Offline

Send a message via AIM to .Red.

I would like to join this Rp school as a student. I'm ok at Rping but I believe with your guys' help I can become even better.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

I can offer some help, but I don't think it would be the higher ranks, though I could teach those who need the most help, since I do post some good RPing posts. Some of my more recent ones are in "From Legends to Common", started by RM. If you removed the Tahoma, most of those two line paragraphs could most easily become three to four liners...

Still, I could offer any amount of help, even if it is as small as telling where each person should go and practice and whatever...

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 10-01-2006, 03:03 AM
Danne112 Offline

Thanks guys. Basically I just want to know if this could work. If I made a thread like that, would people go to it, tell others about it and what not? I also know that there was another RP School in the past that has since been abandoned and I don't want to overstep my boundaries by creating my own, but truthfully I have contacted then with this idea to pretty much no avail. Besides, we definatly need to reinstate the school and now seems as good a time as any.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Lotad Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Lotad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne112 View Post
Thanks guys. Basically I just want to know if this could work. If I made a thread like that, would people go to it, tell others about it and what not? I also know that there was another RP School in the past that has since been abandoned and I don't want to overstep my boundaries by creating my own, but truthfully I have contacted then with this idea to pretty much no avail. Besides, we definatly need to reinstate the school and now seems as good a time as any.
Try EMailing Bron, or PM Neo or someone with the idea... if Neo says that it's okay with him, but he isnt to sure if Bron would like it, then definitely try to get in contact with him... That's the only way I can think of no one actually going to freak out that you stole Bron's idea, or your remaking it without his permission. I think a GMod's Permission, or the owner (Bron), would be plenty of permission to recreate and reinstate the RP School. Still, this would be perfect in helping people to work on RPing, and (maybe if you could try nudging him) Neo could offer alot of help, since his RPing is intense and amazing. Still, but Neo or another GMod with this and make sure it is okay your are remaking this...

{URPG} | {Sparkz // Mastered @ 8,693} | {Anime}
-.- I'm taking a small minor break from Pe2K, as well as chatting on AIM... I'll probably be back May 15th, though I may not be on till the 28th for some reason.
This doesn't mean I drop out of everything I'm doing though... =/
Old 10-01-2006, 03:16 AM
Joltion Offline
Banned

Hey wat r u doin
Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne112 View Post
Bron is actually quite busy. I tried contacting him, and I posted in the old TMI: RP Department thread. Neo told me that there was some kind of trouble with Bron's computer, and something else that he was having trouble with. Like Milos said, we need Bron's permission before opening it up again. I don't think a G-Mod's will me enough. It was Bron's idea, and doing it without asking him would be plain plagerism. I'm waiting for Bron to reply, but I guess it'll be some time. If he doesn't reply soon, then I guess you should feel free about starting one with a G-Mods permission.

Oh, and if you do, please tell me. I'll be happy to help however I can...

DS

EDIT: Meh...I just checked my post in the TMI RP thread, and Bron has given the thumbs up. Mainly to Sky Girl, who was the most dedicated of us teahers. Maybe PMing her might be a good idea.

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^

Last edited by Deathspector; 10-01-2006 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Joltion Offline
Banned

Hey wats up
Old 10-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Danne112 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
Bron is actually quite busy. I tried contacting him, and I posted in the old TMI: RP Department thread. Neo told me that there was some kind of trouble with Bron's computer, and something else that he was having trouble with. Like Milos said, we need Bron's permission before opening it up again. I don't think a G-Mod's will me enough. It was Bron's idea, and doing it without asking him would be plain plagerism. I'm waiting for Bron to reply, but I guess it'll be some time. If he doesn't reply soon, then I guess you should feel free about starting one with a G-Mods permission.

Oh, and if you do, please tell me. I'll be happy to help however I can...

DS

EDIT: Meh...I just checked my post in the TMI RP thread, and Bron has given the thumbs up. Mainly to Sky Girl, who was the most dedicated of us teahers. Maybe PMing her might be a good idea.
I got in touch with Bron once in the past in a mass PM to all of the past teachers there but that was about it I never heard much else from any of them. Also I was planning on making the school a little different and not basing if off of the existing one (that just wouldn't be right to steal someone's idea, this one would fulfill the same purpose but would be more of my own) since I've lead the one I started on another forum a bit differently in the past. With others' help though who knows what it will be like.

Phew, thanks though! It'll be great to start it again, so Sky Girl is going to be responsible for continuing it? I'll get in contact with her. Thanks again.