Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 10-07-2006, 05:27 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Pokemon Learning League: Free Trial Through December 31!

Pokemon Learning League: Free Trial Through December 31!
-10/06/06-

Press Release

Kids Learn Math, Science, Language Arts with Their Favorite Pokemon Characters in Pokemon Learning League
Families can enjoy new online educational product from Pokemon USA at home through a free trial until the end of the year

Pokemon USA, Inc. launches Pokemon Learning League, www.PokemonLearningLeague.com, a web-based educational suite of animated, interactive lessons in language arts, math, science, and life skills for children ages 8-12. Parents can now embrace their children's enthusiasm for animation and interactive technology while motivating them to learn academic concepts and problem-solving skills.

Pokemon USA is offering the program as a free trial to families, as well as educators, through December 31. A yearly subscription of $95.00 per household will begin in January 2007. Because Pokemon Learning League is web-based, it's PC and Mac compatible, and the only requirement is a Flash player.

In today's technology-driven world, math and science achievement are critical to children's success in school and beyond. According to Yves Saada, vice president of interactive media, Pokemon USA, "Integrating a proven educational approach with Pokemon's popular characters, Pokemon Learning League offers a unique way for parents to engage and motivate their children in math, science and other skills they need to be successful."

The online program is based on the current education research and is aligned with curriculum standards, so parents can be assured that their children are learning the same material that is taught in school. Appealing animation and thought-provoking challenges help children visualize and understand concepts that they may not have grasped through other methods. Children can proceed at their own pace through the lessons and receive ongoing feedback to allow them to monitor and celebrate their progress.

Stephanie Pawlik, a fifth-grade teacher at Greenport Elementary School in Greenport, N.Y., witnessed this interaction first-hand as a participating teacher in the product's pilot study. "Because the curriculum lessons are based on current research and aligned with state and national standards, I was able to use Pokemon Learning League to reinforce concepts I was teaching in the classroom." She continues, "My students were more willing to get involved in the lessons since the characters were familiar to them and the story lines were engaging."

Pokemon Learning League leverages children's familiarity with Pokemon characters to draw them into subject matter that is crucial to their success in school and in life. The characters also serve as mentors to students, guiding them through the lessons and demonstrating life skills such as teamwork and perseverance.

In January 2007, Pokemon Learning League will also be available through a paid yearly subscription of $145.00 per classroom and $995.00 per school building.

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 10-07-2006, 05:11 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries
Default Re: Pokemon Learning League: Free Trial Through December 31!

Wow... It's not very expensive when you think about it. I mean, when I was in high school i worked in the library as an aid, and whenever it was time to buy new video tapes and stuff, those prices were outrageous! Like a 24 minute tape for, I think, $99... O.o I don't know if his would be good in the schools. Some parents might riot about this, and want to boycott Pokemon. You saw how crazy they got whenever Harry Potter came out. I even saw one parent try to boycott Curious George when the movie came out. (She said it was animal cruelity, because in the old books there is a part where George got high off ether.) Later!

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude

I think it would not be ok because some people don't like it and some crazy kids might act like pokemon is real !

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Not a bad idea. I think I would have loved something like this as a kid.

Of course, that was then, and this is now...

Old 10-07-2006, 08:53 PM
xXNintendoXx Offline
Amateur Trainer

Wow! I think this is an excellent idea! It enhances children's learning with familiar stuff, so they don't get bored. It is fun and learning put together! Yay for the Pokemon Learning League!

The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed. - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Old 10-11-2006, 02:00 PM
flames_of_aries Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to flames_of_aries Send a message via MSN to flames_of_aries Send a message via Yahoo to flames_of_aries Send a message via Skype™ to flames_of_aries

Other than the possible boycott of Pokemon, this is a good idea. Kids (and I) tend to learn a lot better if we like the learning process. I could tell you a looooong story about my 10th grade math teacher and my 12th grade math teacher... but why bore you? I just had a great idea with this. Ok, at whatever school buys this, they can make badges - like gym badges - and hand them out after a test, if the kid gets an A. It'll make them want to learn the stuff to get the badge. I don't know if this will wokr in kiddie school, but (I doubt this will be appropiate) this would be interesting in high school, especially when the Math Tournament comes around. If you have all 8 (or so) badges, then you get to go to the Math Tournament! ...I'm rabbling... Sorry.

Bunny of Doom!
Click here to go to safety.