Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Fourth Generation

Fourth Generation Discuss the fourth generation Pokemon games: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 AM
ZadokRox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Third Version Additions

Seeing how well FR/LG sold (especially now FR/LG is now being sold as a Player's Choice for $19.99. ), I think GameFreak should forego the "third in a generation" idea and have whatever new features they want gamers to try out on a revamped 'Gold/Silver' game.

Anyway, some new features I would like to see are:

- completely animated sprites throughout the matches.

- Use the touch screen to stroke or pet your Pokemon (if GameFreak does a 'Gold'/'Silver' remake or have the Pokemon barbershop/haircare feature, you could give your Pokemon a trim or brush them).

- Instead of spreading Honey on trees, maybe shake trees using the touch screen and stylus (like the Headbutting in G/S).

- Have a feature where if a player gathers different components, they could make a TM, especially the only-one TMs like Earthquake or Solarbeam. There could be a good bit of components around the region that players can find using the Itemfinder.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:05 PM
silent pokemon master Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to silent pokemon master

this sounds really good and a bit wierd

I'm alway's ready for a battle.I'm also the proud owner of a fire gym in the Mowtown Cup
Old 10-20-2006, 05:23 PM
SteelArson Offline

Send a message via MSN to SteelArson

i think it'll have giradina(sp) as the legendary on the front as it is the third of the three dragon legends, but apart from that, im not sure what will be in it, it might make it so you can get all three dragon legends.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Matthew Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Send a message via Yahoo to Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZadokRox View Post
Seeing how well FR/LG sold (especially now FR/LG is now being sold as a Player's Choice for $19.99. ), I think GameFreak should forego the "third in a generation" idea and have whatever new features they want gamers to try out on a revamped 'Gold/Silver' game.

Anyway, some new features I would like to see are:

- Use the touch screen to stroke or pet your Pokemon (if GameFreak does a 'Gold'/'Silver' remake or have the Pokemon barbershop/haircare feature, you could give your Pokemon a trim or brush them).

- Instead of spreading Honey on trees, maybe shake trees using the touch screen and stylus (like the Headbutting in G/S).

- Have a feature where if a player gathers different components, they could make a TM, especially the only-one TMs like Earthquake or Solarbeam. There could be a good bit of components around the region that players can find using the Itemfinder.
Those are all very good ideas that I would like to see implimented... lol. In DP, you can dress up your pokemon for the contests I think... meh.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Those are all very good ideas that I would like to see implimented... lol. In DP, you can dress up your pokemon for the contests I think... meh.
and you can make them dance

I'm alway's ready for a battle.I'm also the proud owner of a fire gym in the Mowtown Cup
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 PM
RedRoninMan Offline
Elite Trainer

Quote:
Id like that too but probanly not in the way you're thinking. Id like to see the monsters move when...
-They come out of thier pokeballs.
-They attack.
-They are hit.
-They faint.
Not constant moving, since I always thought that looked the crystal sprites looked un-natural and strange

My Bishies are Walter C. Dornez, Arcanine and Venusaur!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 PM
ZadokRox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRoninMan View Post
Id like that too but probanly not in the way you're thinking. Id like to see the monsters move when...
-They come out of thier pokeballs.
-They attack.
-They are hit.
-They faint.
Not constant moving, since I always thought that looked the crystal sprites looked un-natural and strange
That'll work for me, though it would be nice to see like Growlithe wag its tail, bark, lower its front part of its body like it's about to leap forward, and such. Eh, someday maybe.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
That'll work for me, though it would be nice to see like Growlithe wag its tail, bark, lower its front part of its body like it's about to leap forward, and such. Eh, someday maybe.
i think they move around like that in battle revoulotions

Old 10-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Fire Bird Offline
Master Trainer

It would be a cool addition to actually make the Pokemon hit each other when they use physical attacks such as Slam, Tackle etc.....
Old 10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Bird View Post
It would be a cool addition to actually make the Pokemon hit each other when they use physical attacks such as Slam, Tackle etc.....
i think they do i think i saw that in battle revoulotions

Old 10-22-2006, 08:33 PM
x_Sceptile_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Well i been thinking bout this lately. You know how in FireRed/LeafGreen when you use an item outside of battle it shows the item going in? well how about this. When you open the menu and select pokemon to view your party, lets say you have a growlithe in the first slot so you click on him. Along with stats, HM moves and "give item" etc. theres also a use item which you press on then you see it sitting there patiently maybe wagging its tail, yawning wotever (its a DS they've got no excuse to be lazy) at the bottom of the screen theres a symbol for like potions, status curing items, random ones like elemental stones. You use your stylus to click on one. Lets say potions, then those symbols go and new ones of the picture and name of each potion type you have is displayed there with a little "x6" or wotever on it(depending on how many you have). You press on super potion which you drag onto the growlithe picture which now reacts to it and the potion animates and rises in the air slightly and pours into growlithes mouth who drinks it up and a symbol at the top shows the HP going back up.

Now wot i meant about Gamefreak not being lazy comes into play here. The way the item is graphically used such as all potions pouring into the mouth, or spray cures like antidote(i think thats right) spraying onto the pokemon (maybe the pokemon would squirm a bit when this happens) or Carbos or Zinc tablets unscrewing the lid (ramdomly in the air trust me it'll look fine) then the pot tilts and a tablet pops out into the pokemons mouth, these all have their animations preset so they would do wot its meant to. Then each pokemon has its own animation for recieving each type of item. Back to our old friend Growlithe, he would have an animation for recieving a potion (something that pours into its mouth) and eating a tablet (same for each iron, carbos ect where he opens his mouth above and the pot dispences one which he can crunch to prevent a choking hazard).

Now if you even understand what i mean after this millionth line then go back to FireRed/LeafGreen again and remember how if the pokemon liked you more its sprite would get bigger the more it likes you when you use the item on it? well how about instead of that becasue the pixels get about a metre squared thick there, when you use the item on the pokemon if it dose'nt like you much then it would be reluctant and hiss at you after you made it swallow the potion etc. and maybe if Gamefreak are up for it depending on its nature it could react differently. For example a pokemon with a shy nature or nervous or wotever that fits along those lines, instead of opening its mouth wide open for the Zinc tablet ect. it would let it drop the the ground and take a step back then stiff it, then lick it and see if its ok first before it eats it.

Of course once it knows you alot it would become less weary and into a neutral state of acceptance where it would be ok with taking it - and a pokemon with a rash or hardy nature, would'nt step back but maybe hiss or bark basically saying wot do you want (eventually eating it because it has to for the game to go on) then becoming fine with it once it gets to know you. Theres also the possiblity for you to just select the potion or wotever with either stylus/controls and theres you, the little picture(sprite picture not field picture - that would be wrong as its from above, and it would kinda suck too) of the trainer standing next to the also little pokemon(i wanna keep the pokemon at usual sprite size not upclose because then it would look like the anime) who if it barked when you tried to give it something go "arrghhh" and step back eventually making the pokemon take it, and when it likes you the pokemon would puur if it was a cat type and then maybe you smile and pet it - then the little scene ends and goes back to the normal pokemon page.

However i like the first idea better because the second would just get hard for Gamefreak and you can't take advantage of the DS's dragging technique with the second lol. Now this is probably the longest post ever so i wanna clear up a two things. No.1: the backround would either be similar on where you are or just like that random pattern in FireRed/LeafGreen. It being similar would be like at night in a forest, obviously its dark with grass and trees around on a road would be er..roady etc. but unless its Kyogre, if you're surfing then the pokemon would have to be in the water (being Kyogre it could stand on it). And No.2: pokemon such as er Starmie who can't exactly swallow then you would have to improvise such as having the potion liquid pour onto its centre gem which would absorb it, same with tablets, thats just an example.

*ALSO* something almost completely different: they really need to have you surfing on the pokemon that you actually are surfing on instead of always a seel in R/B/Y, a Lapras in G/S/C and that weird blob which i speculate being a half hearted attempt at being a wailmer in R/S/E (sorry FR/LG i can't remember yours). You might be thinking how am i gonna get a Gyarados between a one square narrow passage of water but you could just make it be its head out of the water which you're riding...cause u know..how cool would that be lol OMG its ended, and if you made it to the end u earn my love and respect

EDIT: Realised all potions are spray type medicines...oh well

Last edited by x_Sceptile_x; 10-23-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:35 PM
ZadokRox Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Sceptile_x View Post
Well i been thinking bout this lately. You know how in FireRed/LeafGreen when you use an item outside of battle it shows the item going in? well how about this. When you open the menu and select pokemon to view your party, lets say you have a growlithe in the first slot so you click on him. Along with stats, HM moves and "give item" etc. theres also a use item which you press on then you see it sitting there patiently maybe wagging its tail, yawning wotever (its a DS they've got no excuse to be lazy) at the bottom of the screen theres a symbol for like potions, status curing items, random ones like elemental stones. You use your stylus to click on one. Lets say potions, then those symbols go and new ones of the picture and name of each potion type you have is displayed there with a little "x6" or wotever on it(depending on how many you have). You press on super potion which you drag onto the growlithe picture which now reacts to it and the potion animates and rises in the air slightly and pours into growlithes mouth who drinks it up and a symbol at the top shows the HP going back up.
Now wot i meant about Gamefreak not being lazy comes into play here. The way the item is graphically used such as all potions pouring into the mouth, or spray cures like antidote(i think thats right) spraying onto the pokemon (maybe the pokemon would squirm a bit when this happens) or Carbos or Zinc tablets unscrewing the lid (ramdomly in the air trust me it'll look fine) then the pot tilts and a tablet pops out into the pokemons mouth, these all have their animations preset so they would do wot its meant to. Then each pokemon has its own animation for recieving each type of item. Back to our old friend Growlithe, he would have an animation for recieving a potion (something that pours into its mouth) and eating a tablet (same for each iron, carbos ect where he opens his mouth above and the pot dispences one which he can crunch to prevent a choking hazard). Now if you even understand what i mean after this millionth line then go back to FireRed/LeafGreen again and remember how if the pokemon liked you more its sprite would get bigger the more it likes you when you use the item on it? well how about instead of that becasue the pixels get about a metre squared thick there, when you use the item on the pokemon if it dose'nt like you much then it would be reluctant and hiss at you after you made it swallow the potion etc. and maybe if Gamefreak are up for it depending on its nature it could react differently. For example a pokemon with a shy nature or nervous or wotever that fits along those lines, instead of opening its mouth wide open for the Zinc tablet ect. it would let it drop the the ground and take a step back then stiff it, then lick it and see if its ok first before it eats it. Of course once it knows you alot it would become less weary and into a neutral state of acceptance where it would be ok with taking it - and a pokemon with a rash or hardy nature, would'nt step back but maybe hiss or bark basically saying wot do you want (eventually eating it because it has to for the game to go on) then becoming fine with it once it gets to know you. Theres also the possiblity for you to just select the potion or wotever with either stylus/controls and theres you, the little picture(sprite picture not field picture - that would be wrong as its from above, and it would kinda suck too) of the trainer standing next to the also little pokemon(i wanna keep the pokemon at usual sprite size not upclose because then it would look like the anime) who if it barked when you tried to give it something go "arrghhh" and step back eventually making the pokemon take it, and when it likes you the pokemon would puur if it was a cat type and then maybe you smile and pet it - then the little scene ends and goes back to the normal pokemon page. However i like the first idea better because the second would just get hard for Gamefreak and you can't take advantage of the DS's dragging technique with the second lol. Now this is probably the longest post ever so i wanna clear up a two things. No.1: the backround would either be similar on where you are or just like that random pattern in FireRed/LeafGreen. It being similar would be like at night in a forest, obviously its dark with grass and trees around on a road would be er..roady etc. but unless its Kyogre, if you're surfing then the pokemon would have to be in the water (being Kyogre it could stand on it). And No.2: pokemon such as er Starmie who can't exactly swallow then you would have to improvise such as having the potion liquid pour onto its centre gem which would absorb it, same with tablets, thats just an example. *ALSO* something almost completely different: they really need to have you surfing on the pokemon that you actually are surfing on instead of always a seel in R/B/Y, a Lapras in G/S/C and that weird blob which i speculate being a half hearted attempt at being a wailmer in R/S/E (sorry FR/LG i can't remember yours). You might be thinking how am i gonna get a Gyarados between a one square narrow passage of water but you could just make it be its head out of the water which you're riding...cause u know..how cool would that be lol OMG its ended, and if you made it to the end u earn my love and respect

@_@

Please learn to break up your posts into paragraphs. That's too much to read for one paragraph.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
RedRoninMan Offline
Elite Trainer

Yeah,we could put that into novel format XD.

My Bishies are Walter C. Dornez, Arcanine and Venusaur!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Fire Bird Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Sceptile_x View Post
Now wot i meant about Gamefreak not being lazy comes into play here. The way the item is graphically used such as all potions pouring into the mouth, or spray cures like antidote(i think thats right) spraying onto the pokemon (maybe the pokemon would squirm a bit when this happens) or Carbos or Zinc tablets unscrewing the lid (ramdomly in the air trust me it'll look fine) then the pot tilts and a tablet pops out into the pokemons mouth, these all have their animations preset so they would do wot its meant to. Then each pokemon has its own animation for recieving each type of item. Back to our old friend Growlithe, he would have an animation for recieving a potion (something that pours into its mouth) and eating a tablet (same for each iron, carbos ect where he opens his mouth above and the pot dispences one which he can crunch to prevent a choking hazard). Now if you even understand what i mean after this millionth line then go back to FireRed/LeafGreen again and remember how if the pokemon liked you more its sprite would get bigger the more it likes you when you use the item on it? well how about instead of that becasue the pixels get about a metre squared thick there, when you use the item on the pokemon if it dose'nt like you much then it would be reluctant and hiss at you after you made it swallow the potion etc. and maybe if Gamefreak are up for it depending on its nature it could react differently. For example a pokemon with a shy nature or nervous or wotever that fits along those lines, instead of opening its mouth wide open for the Zinc tablet ect. it would let it drop the the ground and take a step back then stiff it, then lick it and see if its ok first before it eats it. Of course once it knows you alot it would become less weary and into a neutral state of acceptance where it would be ok with taking it - and a pokemon with a rash or hardy nature, would'nt step back but maybe hiss or bark basically saying wot do you want (eventually eating it because it has to for the game to go on) then becoming fine with it once it gets to know you. Theres also the possiblity for you to just select the potion or wotever with either stylus/controls and theres you, the little picture(sprite picture not field picture - that would be wrong as its from above, and it would kinda suck too) of the trainer standing next to the also little pokemon(i wanna keep the pokemon at usual sprite size not upclose because then it would look like the anime) who if it barked when you tried to give it something go "arrghhh" and step back eventually making the pokemon take it, and when it likes you the pokemon would puur if it was a cat type and then maybe you smile and pet it - then the little scene ends and goes back to the normal pokemon page. However i like the first idea better because the second would just get hard for Gamefreak and you can't take advantage of the DS's dragging technique with the second lol. Now this is probably the longest post ever so i wanna clear up a two things. No.1: the backround would either be similar on where you are or just like that random pattern in FireRed/LeafGreen. It being similar would be like at night in a forest, obviously its dark with grass and trees around on a road would be er..roady etc. but unless its Kyogre, if you're surfing then the pokemon would have to be in the water (being Kyogre it could stand on it). And No.2: pokemon such as er Starmie who can't exactly swallow then you would have to improvise such as having the potion liquid pour onto its centre gem which would absorb it, same with tablets, thats just an example. *ALSO* something almost completely different: they really need to have you surfing on the pokemon that you actually are surfing on instead of always a seel in R/B/Y, a Lapras in G/S/C and that weird blob which i speculate being a half hearted attempt at being a wailmer in R/S/E (sorry FR/LG i can't remember yours). You might be thinking how am i gonna get a Gyarados between a one square narrow passage of water but you could just make it be its head out of the water which you're riding...cause u know..how cool would that be lol OMG its ended, and if you made it to the end u earn my love and respect

How much time did you spend on this??? Anyways I like the Surfing idea.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:19 PM
x_Sceptile_x Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Bird View Post
How much time did you spend on this??? Anyways I like the Surfing idea.
as a matter of fact i was gonna edit it for the paragraphs and like 30 minutes lol it flowed while i was writing i'll edit it anyway