Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  
 

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #241  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
xxxSakura's Avatar
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ♥ Wonderland
Posts: 2,240
Send a message via MSN to xxxSakura
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sa View Post
Both of which are Madarin-speaking nations. Omgosh I have a chance! =x *Shall work harder in Chinese class* lol

I haven't heard of Vietnamese woman getting exiled before though... or is it they made a one-way trip and lack the cash or resources to go home.. aww xD; It's pretty interesting to read about how such people end up surviving. =x
DD: Lmao, in Singapore all you have to know much is English, a little of Chinese, Hokkien, Malay and perfect Singlish ;DD Otherwise any Singaporean, even a toddler, will be able to see through you as an "ang moh". It's usually a term referred to people out of Asia, though. Australia is an exception.
__________________
: Sakura
You make yourself strong because it's expected of you. You become confident because someone beside you is unsure. You turn into the person others need you to be.
  #242  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:15 PM
22sa's Avatar
22sa Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 368
Send a message via AIM to 22sa Send a message via MSN to 22sa Send a message via Yahoo to 22sa Send a message via Skype™ to 22sa
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSakura View Post
DD: Lmao, in Singapore all you have to know much is English, a little of Chinese, Hokkien, Malay and perfect Singlish ;DD Otherwise any Singaporean, even a toddler, will be able to see through you as an "ang moh". It's usually a term referred to people out of Asia, though. Australia is an exception.
I'm sure Russia and a few more Asian nations are exceptions too. xD;

But gosh, why did SInglish have to be invented? Tell me it's just a simple dialect of English or something...

And yeah, it was an English colony afterall. I wouldn't doubt one would be fine with just English in such an important trading/port city.

If this Singlish exists though, I don't remember it being one of SP's three official languages: Madarin, English, and Malay. XP

Those kids won't be able to see through me. I'm so Asian looking it ain't even funny.
__________________
Kimi sae ireba...

Bishie claims: Milfuelle Sakuraba, Misuzu Kamio, Rin <3
URPG | RECENT ART (last updated July 3rd 2009)
  #243  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
xxxSakura's Avatar
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ♥ Wonderland
Posts: 2,240
Send a message via MSN to xxxSakura
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sa View Post
I'm sure Russia and a few more Asian nations are exceptions too. xD;

But gosh, why did SInglish have to be invented? Tell me it's just a simple dialect of English or something...

And yeah, it was an English colony afterall. I wouldn't doubt one would be fine with just English in such an important trading/port city.

If this Singlish exists though, I don't remember it being one of SP's three official languages: Madarin, English, and Malay. XP

Those kids won't be able to see through me. I'm so Asian looking it ain't even funny.
Yes they will, because you don't speak Singlish. Singlish's not an official language, it's more like a local language any Singaporean will know how to use. It comes from our poor usage of English, but I do use proper English, or I wouldn't have been roleplaying so successfully by now :D I can easily switch from chatspeak to proper typing, too xDDD

It's SG, not SP, too Russia is an exception as well. Basically those countries with people who have blonde, very light brown hair, blue eyes, green eyes. In Singapore everybody looks as though they all have black hair and black eyes, but there's always a shade of another colour beneath the black hair. Enough about SG, back to the Vietnamese.
__________________
: Sakura
You make yourself strong because it's expected of you. You become confident because someone beside you is unsure. You turn into the person others need you to be.
  #244  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 PM
22sa's Avatar
22sa Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 368
Send a message via AIM to 22sa Send a message via MSN to 22sa Send a message via Yahoo to 22sa Send a message via Skype™ to 22sa
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSakura View Post
Yes they will, because you don't speak Singlish. Singlish's not an official language, it's more like a local language any Singaporean will know how to use. It comes from our poor usage of English, but I do use proper English, or I wouldn't have been roleplaying so successfully by now :D I can easily switch from chatspeak to proper typing, too xDDD

It's SG, not SP, too Russia is an exception as well. Basically those countries with people who have blonde, very light brown hair, blue eyes, green eyes. In Singapore everybody looks as though they all have black hair and black eyes, but there's always a shade of another colour beneath the black hair. Enough about SG, back to the Vietnamese.
SG's self-developed little culture of SInglish, I see...

Ang moh! Ang moh! <-- I don't see how this relates to poor usage of English though, but yeah...

I <3 the Vietnamese. You know any Vietnamese ppl personally?
__________________
Kimi sae ireba...

Bishie claims: Milfuelle Sakuraba, Misuzu Kamio, Rin <3
URPG | RECENT ART (last updated July 3rd 2009)
  #245  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
xxxSakura's Avatar
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ♥ Wonderland
Posts: 2,240
Send a message via MSN to xxxSakura
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sa View Post
SG's self-developed little culture of SInglish, I see...

Ang moh! Ang moh! <-- I don't see how this relates to poor usage of English though, but yeah...

I <3 the Vietnamese. You know any Vietnamese ppl personally?
Ang moh = Something from Hokkien xDDD

Nah, I read about the poor tragedies of Vietnam brides and... *coughcough you know the"occupation" thats start with a 'p' coughcough*
__________________
: Sakura
You make yourself strong because it's expected of you. You become confident because someone beside you is unsure. You turn into the person others need you to be.
  #246  
Old 01-19-2007, 03:45 PM
22sa's Avatar
22sa Offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 368
Send a message via AIM to 22sa Send a message via MSN to 22sa Send a message via Yahoo to 22sa Send a message via Skype™ to 22sa
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Those stories are pretty popular, yeah.... very very tragic, yes. ;_;

Forced prostitution... very popular illegal business in Southeast Asia. ;_;

I only know about that stuff because I read it on Wikipedia before though.

Now how did Hokkien originate? o_o; Too many languages for a puny I mean cosmopolitan city of 5 million! >O

Edit: Omg, mewthree w/armor just unbanned me. I am so freakin' fortunate for having spoken with him. o_o;

Edit2: Eww, I got rebanned by the staff admins. PC is so messed up.... a community site Admin wasn't allowed to make an independent decision. Sigh.
__________________
Kimi sae ireba...

Bishie claims: Milfuelle Sakuraba, Misuzu Kamio, Rin <3
URPG | RECENT ART (last updated July 3rd 2009)

Last edited by 22sa; 01-19-2007 at 10:59 PM.
  #247  
Old 01-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Pink Leon's Avatar
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona. YEEHAW -jk. lol!
Posts: 1,005
Talking Re: Relationship Chat

ive been in several relationships. i was looking for true love, but later i found it
pointless, because i know its impossible to when ur only 14.
ive once been in a threatening relationship that became a big story at my school,
and this kid screwed me up badly, considering it took 5 councelers and 4 months
to get over his wacko behavior.

i like guys who like video games, but are cool. i prefer long or spiked hair for
some odd reason.
__________________

  #248  
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Lusitania Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Relationship Chat

I have a crush but whenever I go up to her I feel sick what should I do?
  #249  
Old 01-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Pink Leon's Avatar
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona. YEEHAW -jk. lol!
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: Relationship Chat

ooooooooohh......that happens to me a lot. i always get a friend to go up and just
tell them i like em. then, if they have no reply within about a week and a half,
thats rejection...but if they send back a reply, the reply tells you, itsa given.
__________________

  #250  
Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Lusitania Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Relationship Chat

I can't talk to her. I get all, well i don't feel well.
  #251  
Old 01-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Pink Leon's Avatar
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona. YEEHAW -jk. lol!
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: Relationship Chat

thats why you have a friend do the talking. but use a friend thats a girl, so you
dont end up with the 'worst' results. trust me on this 1.
__________________

  #252  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Lusitania Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Relationship Chat

THank god, I have a friend I've known since kindergarten and they are friends.
  #253  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Pink Leon's Avatar
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona. YEEHAW -jk. lol!
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: Relationship Chat

that oughta do it.
yaya, woot!
__________________

  #254  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Lusitania Offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,119
Default Re: Relationship Chat

but still I mean can't talk to her.
  #255  
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Pink Leon's Avatar
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona. YEEHAW -jk. lol!
Posts: 1,005
Default Re: Relationship Chat

it takes awhile, but you have to work on pushing yourself to do it. youll eventually have
no prob'. you just gotta try. i know its hard, but im sure its well-worth trying.
__________________

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Design: AlienSector.com