Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to xxxSakura
Default Re: Relationship Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sa View Post
Both of which are Madarin-speaking nations. Omgosh I have a chance! =x *Shall work harder in Chinese class* lol

I haven't heard of Vietnamese woman getting exiled before though... or is it they made a one-way trip and lack the cash or resources to go home.. aww xD; It's pretty interesting to read about how such people end up surviving. =x
DD: Lmao, in Singapore all you have to know much is English, a little of Chinese, Hokkien, Malay and perfect Singlish ;DD Otherwise any Singaporean, even a toddler, will be able to see through you as an "ang moh". It's usually a term referred to people out of Asia, though. Australia is an exception.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:15 PM
22sa Offline

Send a message via AIM to 22sa Send a message via MSN to 22sa Send a message via Yahoo to 22sa Send a message via Skype™ to 22sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSakura View Post
DD: Lmao, in Singapore all you have to know much is English, a little of Chinese, Hokkien, Malay and perfect Singlish ;DD Otherwise any Singaporean, even a toddler, will be able to see through you as an "ang moh". It's usually a term referred to people out of Asia, though. Australia is an exception.
I'm sure Russia and a few more Asian nations are exceptions too. xD;

But gosh, why did SInglish have to be invented? Tell me it's just a simple dialect of English or something...

And yeah, it was an English colony afterall. I wouldn't doubt one would be fine with just English in such an important trading/port city.

If this Singlish exists though, I don't remember it being one of SP's three official languages: Madarin, English, and Malay. XP

Those kids won't be able to see through me. I'm so Asian looking it ain't even funny.

Bishie claims: Milfuelle Sakuraba, Misuzu Kamio, Rin <3
URPG | RECENT ART (last updated July 3rd 2009)
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
I'm sure Russia and a few more Asian nations are exceptions too. xD;

But gosh, why did SInglish have to be invented? Tell me it's just a simple dialect of English or something...

And yeah, it was an English colony afterall. I wouldn't doubt one would be fine with just English in such an important trading/port city.

If this Singlish exists though, I don't remember it being one of SP's three official languages: Madarin, English, and Malay. XP

Those kids won't be able to see through me. I'm so Asian looking it ain't even funny.
Yes they will, because you don't speak Singlish. Singlish's not an official language, it's more like a local language any Singaporean will know how to use. It comes from our poor usage of English, but I do use proper English, or I wouldn't have been roleplaying so successfully by now :D I can easily switch from chatspeak to proper typing, too xDDD

It's SG, not SP, too Russia is an exception as well. Basically those countries with people who have blonde, very light brown hair, blue eyes, green eyes. In Singapore everybody looks as though they all have black hair and black eyes, but there's always a shade of another colour beneath the black hair. Enough about SG, back to the Vietnamese.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 PM
22sa Offline

Send a message via AIM to 22sa Send a message via MSN to 22sa Send a message via Yahoo to 22sa Send a message via Skype™ to 22sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxSakura View Post
Yes they will, because you don't speak Singlish. Singlish's not an official language, it's more like a local language any Singaporean will know how to use. It comes from our poor usage of English, but I do use proper English, or I wouldn't have been roleplaying so successfully by now :D I can easily switch from chatspeak to proper typing, too xDDD

It's SG, not SP, too Russia is an exception as well. Basically those countries with people who have blonde, very light brown hair, blue eyes, green eyes. In Singapore everybody looks as though they all have black hair and black eyes, but there's always a shade of another colour beneath the black hair. Enough about SG, back to the Vietnamese.
SG's self-developed little culture of SInglish, I see...

Ang moh! Ang moh! <-- I don't see how this relates to poor usage of English though, but yeah...

I <3 the Vietnamese. You know any Vietnamese ppl personally?

Old 01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
xxxSakura Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
SG's self-developed little culture of SInglish, I see...

Ang moh! Ang moh! <-- I don't see how this relates to poor usage of English though, but yeah...

I <3 the Vietnamese. You know any Vietnamese ppl personally?
Ang moh = Something from Hokkien xDDD

Nah, I read about the poor tragedies of Vietnam brides and... *coughcough you know the"occupation" thats start with a 'p' coughcough*
Old 01-19-2007, 03:45 PM
22sa Offline

Those stories are pretty popular, yeah.... very very tragic, yes. ;_;

Forced prostitution... very popular illegal business in Southeast Asia. ;_;

I only know about that stuff because I read it on Wikipedia before though.

Now how did Hokkien originate? o_o; Too many languages for a puny I mean cosmopolitan city of 5 million! >O

Edit: Omg, mewthree w/armor just unbanned me. I am so freakin' fortunate for having spoken with him. o_o;

Edit2: Eww, I got rebanned by the staff admins. PC is so messed up.... a community site Admin wasn't allowed to make an independent decision. Sigh.

Last edited by 22sa; 01-19-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Talking Re: Relationship Chat

ive been in several relationships. i was looking for true love, but later i found it
pointless, because i know its impossible to when ur only 14.
ive once been in a threatening relationship that became a big story at my school,
and this kid screwed me up badly, considering it took 5 councelers and 4 months
to get over his wacko behavior.

i like guys who like video games, but are cool. i prefer long or spiked hair for
some odd reason.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Lusitania Offline

I have a crush but whenever I go up to her I feel sick what should I do?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

ooooooooohh......that happens to me a lot. i always get a friend to go up and just
tell them i like em. then, if they have no reply within about a week and a half,
thats rejection...but if they send back a reply, the reply tells you, itsa given.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Lusitania Offline

I can't talk to her. I get all, well i don't feel well.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

thats why you have a friend do the talking. but use a friend thats a girl, so you
dont end up with the 'worst' results. trust me on this 1.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Lusitania Offline

THank god, I have a friend I've known since kindergarten and they are friends.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

that oughta do it.
yaya, woot!

Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Lusitania Offline

but still I mean can't talk to her.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Pink Leon Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

it takes awhile, but you have to work on pushing yourself to do it. youll eventually have
no prob'. you just gotta try. i know its hard, but im sure its well-worth trying.

Closed Thread