Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Contests

Contests Participate in coordinator contests and win ribbons. Talk about contests in general in here.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:31 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro
Default Re: Contest Chat

Are forum contest FFAs allowed?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:07 PM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataro View Post
Are forum contest FFAs allowed?
I think they are, but I believe all contest ffas are on hiatus until the rules and other issues get worked out, that's why I haven't done a second myself.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net
Old 11-08-2009, 06:07 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFrog View Post
I think they are, but I believe all contest ffas are on hiatus until the rules and other issues get worked out, that's why I haven't done a second myself.

Indeed. I believe DG is handling that. Let's all bug him for the FFA rules!
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Send a message via AIM to DarkGardevoir Send a message via MSN to DarkGardevoir

Ugh. Sorry. I still need to write down the rules, and find someone to put it somewhere in the rules, but other than that the stuff's ready... Whenever I find the time to put it. Sorry.

I would need a clone to do all the stuff i want to -.- stupid me. I'll come back at you ASAP.

And yes, Forum FFAs will be allowed.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: the alimighty ranger station
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Dragoness Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post

And yes, Forum FFAs will be allowed.
Sounds good =) It will take a while to finish them, of course, but at least their be available to those who wish to do FFAs. I wish AIM contests were more active, but people seem to be more interested in just doin' a forum one instead.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Sec is our newest judge! Let us welcome him to the team. ^_^
Old 11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

Hey guys, little question!
I saw that there are berries in the shop that can be used in battles, but can holdable berries that aren't in that list(like Oran and Lum) still be used in battle? Also, are held berries one time use or multiple use?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:18 PM
AmericanTreeFrog Offline

Send a message via AIM to AmericanTreeFrog

Yes Lum can be used in battles, the other berries are special in that they reduce special effective damage.

And berries are one use.

Other URPG site (more active): http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net
Old 01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

I've finally added the "Festival" rules in the All about Contest thread. Yes, those are the Forum FFA contests.

Most of the regulations are in the All About Contests thread, while the rest of the rules concerning Judges can be found in the Jury of Judges thread

If you find something amiss, please tell me. If you think the rules should be different, tell me as well, or, even better, post here to discuss about it.

Next in this board, I'll be setting up a feedback thread for the Ability/Move combo, where you can point out any combo you don't see there, as it's helpful since I'm only human, therefore my creativity is limited.

[rant mode]
It really sucks not being able to edit things myself, but it's not that big of a deal since there aren't many major changes I'll have to do. It'd be easier to do it for the minor stuff, but I'll have to endure this until this section gets a stable flux of activity.

So, people, force other people to join this section. Like, now!!!111!!1one!1eleven!!

just kidding though, if you really do it, I won't complain.

Many thanks to Jess aka Dog of Hellsing for being my editing slave very understanding of my situation, and helping me with the adding of stuff.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
MeowthMistress1: we serve to protect you, just don't require us to spell or use proper grammar.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Sec Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Sec

:o yay, I've been waiting to do contest ffas! ^__^
I've got quite a few questions for ya DG, do festival contests have to take place onthe forums? Which ribbon is given out since all attributes are being used, and how does payment and berries for these things work? Also, how do we go about organizing these? Does the judge make the thread and then let people join as a ref would for a ffa or do the participants settle it before hand? I had one more but now I lost it xD I'll ask later when I remember.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
:o yay, I've been waiting to do contest ffas! ^__^
I've got quite a few questions for ya DG, do festival contests have to take place onthe forums? Which ribbon is given out since all attributes are being used, and how does payment and berries for these things work? Also, how do we go about organizing these? Does the judge make the thread and then let people join as a ref would for a ffa or do the participants settle it before hand? I had one more but now I lost it xD I'll ask later when I remember.
Right, I forgot to addo those, sorry. Thanks for telling.

The Festivals don't have to be forum only, it's just that I answered to what Ataro said earlier.

Since the Festivals don't have one attibute, the winner can choose the type of ribbon they want. However, the Rank is to be stated in the rules, and you cannot choose a ribbon you don't have the lower version of (for example, in a Super Festival Contest, you can't choose a Super Cool ribbon unless you have a Normal Cool ribbon).

Payment (i knew I was forgetting something -.-) is similiar to FFA: last 3 places get 1000$, then each place up gets 500$ more, with the Judge getting 500$ more than first place.

I haven't figured out if to give berries to the people who partake in this, so I'm not sure how to calculated how they would be handled.

Yes, the judge can start one himself and make people join, or the users can convince a judge to make one if they so wish.

Think I covere everything. Now to find a Mod to edit that new stuff in -.-

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Sequentio Offline

Send a message via AIM to Sequentio

I have a question. :D
So I'm a new coordinater, which entitles me to 5k in free berries.
However, I would like to blend 5.6k worth of berries. Would it be possible to claim 5.6k worth if I actually paid the remaining 600 so they could all be blended in the Starting Coordinators board? :o
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54 AM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequentio View Post
I have a question. :D
So I'm a new coordinater, which entitles me to 5k in free berries.
However, I would like to blend 5.6k worth of berries. Would it be possible to claim 5.6k worth if I actually paid the remaining 600 so they could all be blended in the Starting Coordinators board? :o
Yes, you can.

Also, I forogt to say it, but Berry Credit has been implemented. WHen you partecipate in a contest, you get some credit to spend in the berry store and buy anything you like. This credit can be saved up to get better things.

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM
DarkGardevoir Offline

Double post!

i should probably do a thread about major edits or something...

Anyway. To thin the list of stickies a little, I've just merged the Contest Rules and the All About Contests threads- now they're one and the same, and I've satisfied the tildephile in me.

See the new thread for yourself

Also, thanks for BlueJello for the banner. If somebody wants to help, the Contest Section is in dire need of banners.

Ok, not dire. But they look cool. Flashy. Sassy. And we're all about those things, aren't we? So yeah, Banners are welcomed.

As of now, I was thinking one would be good for the Jury of Judges thread, and maybe for the 2 Moves Lists- though i'm not sure about the last ones. Better go only with the Jury of Judges one, k?

Vocaboulary Game
Quote:
Old 02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Shock64 Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shock64 Send a message via MSN to Shock64
Default Re: Contest Chat [For Contest-related questions too]

A few questions, before I join.

One, is the only reason I don't see many posts specifying which judge the Pokemon's targeting because most people do R/S?

Two, you use URPG cash to pay for this, yes?

Three, do your must your Pokemon have four definite moves for use in EVERY contest, or can you choose a different four-move moveset every time you enter a new contest?

Four, you can use as many of your Pokemon as you want, correct?

And five,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGardevoir View Post
Also, thanks for BlueJello for the banner. If somebody wants to help, the Contest Section is in dire need of banners.

Ok, not dire. But they look cool. Flashy. Sassy. And we're all about those things, aren't we? So yeah, Banners are welcomed.
I could make some banners, on account of my having no life. Get me on AIM or PM, if you'd like to tell me what you would want. I'd prefer AIM, though. xP

|URPG Stats|Contest Stats|Park Stats|

Last edited by Shock64; 02-10-2010 at 03:10 AM.