Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 06-26-2004, 06:43 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Default Jirachi Wish Maker

That was a great movie, but to me, Max should've had Jirachi. I think the writers are cruel to him at times to give him a 'false hope' to have a Pokemon, only it has to go away. Max and Jirachi go great together. If Jirachi can only stay awake for a week, well, how come we game players can play the Jirachi anytime, anyday of the week?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:52 AM
gold Offline
Banned

Default Re: Jirachi Wish Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan
That was a great movie, but to me, Max should've had Jirachi. I think the writers are cruel to him at times to give him a 'false hope' to have a Pokemon, only it has to go away. Max and Jirachi go great together. If Jirachi can only stay awake for a week, well, how come we game players can play the Jirachi anytime, anyday of the week?
I think so too.
will max ever get a pokemon?
Old 06-27-2004, 11:05 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
You have to realize, the game is different from the show. So, never compare the two, because there's just too many differences (the amount of moves a Pokemon has, a Pokemon "life bar", etc).
Old 07-29-2004, 05:45 AM
DragonShane Offline
Amateur Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DragonShane

There's also the fact that the writer's had to add drama to the movie's plot :p
And it really seemed to work; you feel happy for Max and Jirachi as they get along as the best of friends, while at the same time you know that their time together will come to an end soon. And the fact that Max and Jirachi will probably never see each other again is really something that makes one think.

...Not to mention that Max is still very young, probably too young to have a license to even be a trainer. Not sure if that factored into the plot, but it's just a principle there, I suppose

And really, after all the other movies that have passed, did anyone REALLY expect a main character to possess a legendary pokemon? :P
Old 08-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Jeikobu Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jeikobu Send a message via MSN to Jeikobu

The show and game obviously have some differences. Sometimes the anime just gets more detailed than the games in areas like that. But as is, Masato (Max) isn't old enough to become a trainer. He couldn't have Jirachi as he isn't 10 yet. However, in a way his not being able to have Jirachi made it more special as it illustrated that no matter how far away two beings can be from each other, they'll always be great friends. They'll always remember each other and will maybe meet again someday. It's easy to be friends when you are always with each other, but it would take a true friendship to hold up through being apart for a long time.
"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

Learn the Japanese names for Pokemon!

Please visit my Photobucket! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v162/Jeikobu_Roy/
Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 PM
moviesrmw Offline
New Trainer

Talking Re: Jirachi Wish Maker

I never saw the movie befor but I want to see it so bad.I tryed to buy it but I didn't see it anywhere, their was this one time put I couldn't buy it because my mom is cheap.If you have it on your on your computer maybe you could send it to me. PLEASE
Old 12-02-2004, 10:40 PM
flyhighlatias! Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to flyhighlatias!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesrmw
I never saw the movie befor but I want to see it so bad.I tryed to buy it but I didn't see it anywhere, their was this one time put I couldn't buy it because my mom is cheap.If you have it on your on your computer maybe you could send it to me. PLEASE
hey dude you know how old mewtwo reurns is right? well i bought it online from best-buy about a month ago so maybe you can you can try that! its not that expenive at all hopefully your mom can get it for you, its pretty good
VCP(Hall of Fame)

lv.100

Team Soul : where it's at baby!
lets see you do THAT for an hour straight!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:04 AM
boltAge Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boltAge

This movie sucks.

No kidding. I was watching it, and then realised I had to fast forward so much because countless parts were lame, I was like, ugh, I'm watching this kind of movie? Sorry, Pokemon movies are never impressive, not in graphics, not in music, and definitely not in the plot.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I like'd the movie for two big resins, there call'd, Absol and Flygon ! Thats the only real resin I buy the movies and videos, so I can see my fav Pokemon with more movement than the games (also, now for pronunciations seens how Pokemon official handbook stop'd printing that part ).
Old 12-03-2004, 05:27 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

What did you think of May and Max? OK, or did you yearn for MIsty to return?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Tamer Marco Offline
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Tamer Marco Send a message via AIM to Tamer Marco Send a message via MSN to Tamer Marco Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer Marco

I didn't see it, but i'm looking forward to it.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:34 PM
~Bayleef~ Offline
Experienced Trainer

The movies are SO different to the TV show but the TV show is the best!

I don't think that a character would catch a Pokemon in a movie because mostly what happened in a movie doesn't really get talked about in the TV show appart from Lugia.

Also would the Pokemon just appear in the TV show??

Formerly known as Pokemonisgr8
Old 12-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Missingno mystery Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
What did you think of May and Max? OK, or did you yearn for MIsty to return?
There ok, but I still like Misty more (of corse though it jest woundn't be the same next time she comes back without Togepi . He was one of my favs. Yeah, I like the Pokemon more than the ppl characters ).
Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 AM
Flame Master Offline

Send a message via AIM to Flame Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonisgr8
The movies are SO different to the TV show but the TV show is the best!

I don't think that a character would catch a Pokemon in a movie because mostly what happened in a movie doesn't really get talked about in the TV show appart from Lugia.

Also would the Pokemon just appear in the TV show??
Yeah, I have to agree with you. The Pokemon just can't apperer out of thin air.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Marill Offline

Send a message via AIM to Marill Send a message via Yahoo to Marill

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltAge
This movie sucks.

No kidding. I was watching it, and then realised I had to fast forward so much because countless parts were lame, I was like, ugh, I'm watching this kind of movie? Sorry, Pokemon movies are never impressive, not in graphics, not in music, and definitely not in the plot.
I beg to differ. But, opinions are like .... everyone has one!

Furthermore, I found that I could not watch Jirachi Wish Maker because of the frequent interuptions from the commercials. In addition, I did not get to see the end, due to me having to attend a basketball game. Anywho, can someone tell me something...did Jirachi use any spell to make Max forget him, similar to Mewtwo in "Mewtwo Strikes Back"? Just wondering...

I can't wait until Max gets his own pocket monster. I think it will be an awesome plot twist...

Date Registered: 06/17/02 at 18:54:32