Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga

Pokemon: Anime/Movies/Manga Talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and manga. NOTE: It's possible that there may be discussions in here that may spoil something for you if you haven't seen that episode/movie/manga before. Please use the spoiler code when appropriate.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Default Re: How Old are the Protagonists?

The following information is from www.psypokes.com.
Ash- Kanto 10, Hoenn 15
Misty- Kanto 12, Hoenn 17
Brock- Kanto 16, Hoenn 21
Tracey- Kanto 16, Hoenn 20
May- Kanto 5, Hoenn 10
Max- Kanto 3, Hoenn 8
Jesse & James- Kanto 17, Hoenn 22.
I know it's weird how Brock and Tracey were both 16 in Kanto and Brock's a year older in Hoenn, but I got it from psypokes. Pm me for secondary charecters. And remember, this information was found in www.psypokes.com
Old 01-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Itsuki Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Itsuki

I don't think Brock is about 15 , he still looks like a 12-year-old ^^'' and Ash seems younger too...by the way , in the second season (in the italian version) he comes back to Misty's gym and he says it has been a year since he didn't come there, so he should have grown a little @_@
Old 01-02-2007, 02:37 AM
~Falcon~ Offline

Send a message via AIM to ~Falcon~

ok my theory is each thing is 6 months except orange island which is 3 months
kanto 10.5
OI 10.75
johto(sp?) 11.25 like someone said half way through he turnes 11
hoenn 11.75
BF 12.25
so he just turned 12 wont turn 13 till filler after d/p
Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Eevee View Post
Ash- Kanto 10, Hoenn 15
May- Kanto 5, Hoenn 10
Max- Kanto 3, Hoenn 8
I know it's weird how Brock and Tracey were both 16 in Kanto and Brock's a year older in Hoenn, but I got it from psypokes. Pm me for secondary charecters. And remember, this information was found in www.psypokes.com
What? OK, Ash and Misty are right, Brock seems right, Tracey seems right. May though... yeah, puberty does come to some for early ages, but come on, 5? I still go with May was 12/13 in her first appearance and about 15 in her last. Hikari the new girl, I put her at least 11 to 12 for now, I got to get a physical look at her when she comes on fall of 2007. Max, 3 years old?! He couldn't even talk like a scientist back then! That site is full of misinformation to tell me a toddler can walk and talk like a Brainy Smurf! Jesse and James, that's about right or maybe 2 years older. Max I say is nearing 10, so he first appeared when he was about aged 7.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Blazeiken12 Offline
Master Trainer

Here's my guess.

Ash:13 going on14
May:11 going on 12
Brock:15 going on 16
Misty:14 going on 15
Max:8 going on 9 maybe 10
Joy and Jenny: 26 or 27 at the most(That's alot of kids!)

But if you've ever really noticed they don't really talk about age except for like when Ash meets the new girl that like hims and Pikachu destroys their bikes etc....

WHy does Brock keep showing up! He needs a girl friend or son.

Current Vpp
Hatch @ 397 Completed!
Rukushio @ 412 Completed!
Rentorra @ 472
Lv.100 @ 682

URPG Stats

Join the UPRG it's fun!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouseiken View Post
Hm okay, maybe a 13 year old Pokemon Trainer is a bit too old, but then again, I've seen characters like Tyler (the one with a Sceptile and the Meowth in boots.) whose like, way taller and more mature/aged looking then Ash. XD
I never liked the fact that Pokemon trainers in the anime well, became Pokemon trainers at ten. Now, for just becoming a trainer at that point, you can have any age, really. Thirteen sounds good, especially if you're going to have a lot of action or whatever... I mean, a ten-year-old wouldn't last very long with all of the baddies unless his or her Pokemon were tough enough.

To avoid that confusion, I write my fanfics so that the trainers have already started, and I can make them any age that way. I think that thirteen sounds fine...

Now, back on topic... That information from Psypokes looks good. And, AshMistyMayfan, keep in mind that May and Max weren't even shown in the first season, all right? It's perfectly logical that they were that young, so by the time Ash met up with them, then they were around that age...
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Poltergeist Offline

Quote:
Ash- Kanto 10, Hoenn 15
May- Kanto 5, Hoenn 10
Max- Kanto 3, Hoenn 8
Hmmm this does sound right except I thought Jessie and James where older, like about 30, then that and May and Max seem a bit too young. I would think Max was 10 and may was 13.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
What? OK, Ash and Misty are right, Brock seems right, Tracey seems right. May though... yeah, puberty does come to some for early ages, but come on, 5? I still go with May was 12/13 in her first appearance and about 15 in her last. Hikari the new girl, I put her at least 11 to 12 for now, I got to get a physical look at her when she comes on fall of 2007. Max, 3 years old?! He couldn't even talk like a scientist back then! That site is full of misinformation to tell me a toddler can walk and talk like a Brainy Smurf! Jesse and James, that's about right or maybe 2 years older. Max I say is nearing 10, so he first appeared when he was about aged 7.
Maybe because he was 3 in Kanto when Hoenn didn't exist then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Hmmm this does sound right except I thought Jessie and James where older, like about 30, then that and May and Max seem a bit too young. I would think Max was 10 and may was 13.
Jesse & James's ages were right.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:40 PM
AshMistyMayfan Offline

Quote:
Maybe because he was 3 in Kanto when Hoenn didn't exist then.

Jesse & James's ages were right.
BUt seriously, I saw the debut when May and Ash went to Petalburg, they saw Max, and Max was walking and talking normally. Can you honestly tell me that 3 year old boy can sound scientific or knowingly? No, Max had to be around 7 for the journey because he couldn't have Pokemon until he was 10, and then he'd be nearing 10 based on the 2-3 years being with Ash's group.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Shadow Eevee Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMistyMayfan View Post
BUt seriously, I saw the debut when May and Ash went to Petalburg, they saw Max, and Max was walking and talking normally. Can you honestly tell me that 3 year old boy can sound scientific or knowingly? No, Max had to be around 7 for the journey because he couldn't have Pokemon until he was 10, and then he'd be nearing 10 based on the 2-3 years being with Ash's group.
Where is Petalburg? Hoenn. How old is Max in Hoenn? 8. Besides, just tell that to psypokes or something.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Blue- Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue-

I doubt May is ten, I mean shes taller than Ash! But May is childish, so I'm confused! Ash should be nearing 13, but he is so short, that he prrobably is only 12. Brock has to be 21. (He can drink!) He ran a gym, so he had to be old, then add the years of traveling...

The Wasteland

Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Shozuka Offline

Send a message via AIM to Shozuka Send a message via Yahoo to Shozuka

I think Ash is nearing 14, May is 12-13, Misty is 15-17, Brock is 17, Max is 8-9, Gary is 14, Jessie and James probably 25-29 by now. I agree with the person who thought that May is not 10. I think she is 12.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Grimdour the Rampager Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via MSN to Grimdour the Rampager Send a message via Yahoo to Grimdour the Rampager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelover543 View Post
I think Ash is nearing 14, May is 12-13, Misty is 15-17, Brock is 17, Max is 8-9, Gary is 14, Jessie and James probably 25-29 by now. I agree with the person who thought that May is not 10. I think she is 12.
Nah, she's just 11. And she should be taller than Ash since females reach puberty earlier than males. Hah.

Misty's 17?! Never noticed that.

If you don't laugh at this, you are dead inside. Or deaf.
Friends: Can't remember. PM me!
PM me if you consider me a friend. Or if you want a Trainer Card.
Currently: -Back! MWAHAHA!
-Hacked. Nuu!
-Addicted to Golden Sun.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:38 AM
Mike_Elite Number 3 Offline
Experienced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdour the Rampager View Post
Nah, she's just 11. And she should be taller than Ash since females reach puberty earlier than males. Hah.

Misty's 17?! Never noticed that.
In know she seems twelve or thirteen.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:11 PM
D Brown Offline
Experienced Trainer

Damn. I am 19. I kind of feel out of place still playing Pokemon if Ash is still 13 or 11 after me following him for so long. But then there are people like Prof Oak who make me feel young in the world of pokemon.

Back down?? Sorry never learned how to.