Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play

Role Play Make Role Plays or join them. It's your world. Everybody else just lives in it.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Krackerjack Offline
Banned

Default Rpg School

THIS is the place where everysingle person participating in an rpg should be right now.(just being honest). In this thread I will teach you how to rpg. I mean really rpg. Not the stuff that you see here right now. I'm talking about good story and good plot, a realistic character. A rpg where it isn't boring and you dont feel like you are being forced to post.

Listen this is the easiest thing to get into why because you dont have to sign up for it. you can just come on in and start participating. Here is how it works I'll give you a lesson that you have to fill out. Then I'll rate what you did. On a scale from 1 to 5. 3 being average.
lets begin.

LESSON 1:SIGN-UPS
This is what I'm going to have you do. you are going to fill out a sign up sheet with what I tell you to. Then I'll rate it and depending on your rating I'll ask you to either move on to the next lesson or do it again.

Here it is. The world is under attack from evil monstrous aliens and only a hand full of people with the ability to see and use pokemon can save it. This is what your sign up is going to be based on.

a realistic character is a character that you would expect to meet as a real person. Those people you see on the pokeman and digiman and whatever cartoon shows you watch. aren't realistic characters. Except for maybe naruto. The character you make has to be able to react in a "realistic" way.

BAD SIGN UP(yes I pulled this off some other rpg, but I wont embarass the owner of this sign up) Yes despite what I have told all of you I do have a conscious.

Name:Mike Boots(What kind of last name is boots?)lol well atleast they put a whole name

History: Keep it a secret(WHY do you keep it a secret? You act like you are some dam secret agent. Ladies and gentlemen that is just plain lazy. nobody in the rpg's character is going to know you history even if you post it here)

perrsonality: fun loving and nice,cool (yeah this gives me a great Idea of what this guy is like in real life)

apperance: I have baggy pants on and a baggy shirt on I have blue eyes and brown hair. I wear gloves that have about an inch cut off the finger tips.
(yeah because I can paint an exact picture of what you look like with this)

Good Sign Up(this is my character in my dragoon rpg if you think it looks familiar)

Name:Matthew Claudius

Personality:“Patience is a virtue, and water is patience”, it is one of his favorite lines. To him life is something used to keep souls in check until whatever force out there that is stronger than them is ready to receive that soul. He hates people who try to make themselves into this image of “wannabe coolness” so to speak. To him if someone doesn’t like him. He could care less he considers himself a person of stature and dignity. He does a lot of thinking. Isn’t a leader type figure, he prefers to stay in the back and be there when it counts.

Description:A rather skinny, but not frail shaped body that is 6 feet tall. His arms stretch from his slightly broad shoulders to his mid thigh. This allows for extra reach. He is weak compared to the other kids in the neighborhood barely able to do one hundred pounds on the bench press. His legs are long and they come with matching feet that would are about 11 sized feet in American shoes. His glasses are small and fit him nice and snug. His hair is cut short not low enough to be a fade, but not high enough for him to use any gel or anything like that. His hair naturally curls. So instead of try to wrestle with it, he just lets it do what it does.

History:Matthew was orphaned at birth. At birth the mother knew he was going to be someone special, but as long as he was with her then he would never be able to rise to his full potential. So she sadly let him go in an effort to save him from the life of poverty and desperation.

He was adopted by these very kind hearted people, who couldn't afford to have a baby of their own. They loved him with much love and care, but weren't able to show him the kind of love and care that he was craving. As a result he grew a small, but almost unnoticable hatred for them. At school he was insulted for being one of the quieter kids, but Matthew knew these people were just jeoulous of the fact that he had bigger muscles than them. To him they were just cheap distractions that didn't mean anything. Their oppinion didn't matter. The only oppinion that mattered to him was that of an oppinion from someone superior to you. His favorite place to go when the world decided it would try to crush him was near a river or into his temple.

At age 14 his foster parents had abruptly decided that he should meet his parents. At the beginning of the meeting his parents, who were extremely honest with him, told him everything that he didn't feel like hearing. Because of the fact that they had never been their for him, he didn't care about them, nor did he care that they were the seeds that created him. The parents were so honest that they willingly admitted he was a mistake and that they didn’t mean for him to be born. They explained everything to him. Where it happened, how it happened, they even were honest about trying to get an abortion. Then they had the nerve to ask him if he was interested in coming to live with them. His response was quick he merely said no. It wasn’t a violent no.

He just calmly said no and walked out to look out so that he could get to a place where peace and calm was abundant. There he thought of a life where he would be on a constant journey. He began to stare at the ocean and then came to the conclusion that he would never accept the love of his parents. For he believed that their love is pseudo love. He didn't like the love of his foster parents either for he believed that it was also pseudo love. Thus he came to the decision that he shall leave this place and find something that will show him real love and affection.

On his journey to run as far away from his parents as he could he ran into a woman. The woman was so stoic that he couldn't tell wither she cared about him or not, but he knew she wanted to help him. She could tell just by observing him that he was attempting to run away from home and make it on his own. She wouldn't have another hoodlum on the street. As a result of her not wanting this she ended up taking him in and nurturing him. Over the following year she taught him the ways of proper warfare. "Never stoop low" was one of her favorite things to say. She ended up giving him his own rapier, because he had grown such an elegant style and liking to the blade. He thought that she truly loved him, but sadly she wasn't able to have him live their any longer. So he left. Not crying, but with a single tear in his eye. "Wow I guess some of her personality rubbed off on me."

I dont expect your sign up to be as long as mine, but I have to be able to give you a passing grade. which would be a 3/5.

Name:

Personality:

Description:

History:

these are the basics a rpg sign up should have. If the following aren't in an rpg sign-up then the rpg tends to suck.(No seriously)
so go for it kids. start posting so that I can help you become a better RPer.
Inspired by Lucky who PMed me for posting in all your threads.

Last edited by Krackerjack; 12-15-2006 at 02:46 AM. Reason: to help out hte kiddies
Old 12-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Leon Phelps Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: Rpg School

You should also give people some idea of what a good, realistic character would be like. People need examples and guidelines "teacher".
Old 12-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Krackerjack Offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Phelps View Post
You should also give people some idea of what a good, realistic character would be like. People need examples and guidelines "teacher".
thats what I have you for. "Partner"
Old 12-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Draconic_Espeon Offline

Send a message via AIM to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via MSN to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Yahoo to Draconic_Espeon Send a message via Skype™ to Draconic_Espeon

Just so you know, there's already one of these being formed...

Old 12-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Tombi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Tombi Send a message via MSN to Tombi Send a message via Skype™ to Tombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconic_Espeon View Post
Just so you know, there's already one of these being formed...
I don't believe you, Kraackerjack. People here like their roleplays, they dont want to type loads and get bored. They are here to have fun.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Leon Phelps Offline
Amateur Trainer

krackerjack is permanently banned anyway. This thread should have stayed dead.