Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Discussion

Discussion This is for discussion about current events (news), issues, politics, and any other topics of serious discussion. For more casual talk, go to the Other Chat board. Proper sentences, spelling, and grammar is especially strict in this board.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 09:53 PM
BlazikenInferno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to BlazikenInferno
Default Re: Is God Real?

Well, you say we are ingnorant and self-centered? Have you seen whether other religions such as Islam believe that Christians are right? As in, if you believe Christians are ignorant in what we believe, aren't OTHER religions just as ingnorant? Don't they believe that their way is the true way as well?

And how can you say that what LaN_scyther_66 said was "just a coincidence"? Don't you think that something like that could be a way to show that God exists just like you asked? You can't just assume that every happenning such as that is merely a coincidence. I mean, if you do than it's no wonder you didn't see ways that God shows he exists.

I just wish you people would stop this constant God-bashing. All the people on the forum object when people go about flaming other members. Why is it okay for you to go flaming Christians and what they believe?

VPP Charmander, Evolves @ 2,358 Posts
Click the banner, join Ryu Soul Alliance today

Old 01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

Blaze...I've had enough of this...And I already took care of this thread and all other related subjects. Down religions is wrong. We were suppose to present our points and not to argue and it's gotten out of hand. I have already IMed a mod. And I'll prolly have to IM another. But this has gone far enough and will stop.

MWAHAHA!! The bunnies will take over the world!!

Name: Slash
FC: 2191 4116 0821
Old 01-01-2005, 10:07 PM
BlazikenInferno Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via MSN to BlazikenInferno

Thank goodness! I hope this thread stops soon.

Sorry, it's just when people start to challenge and attack my beliefs, I can't help but speak out. I do start to argue and get a little hot-headed though, but I try to keep my cool. I admit I can get carried away.

VPP Charmander, Evolves @ 2,358 Posts
Click the banner, join Ryu Soul Alliance today

Old 01-01-2005, 10:16 PM
akdude Offline

Send a message via AIM to akdude Send a message via MSN to akdude Send a message via Yahoo to akdude

As Christians, we should not argue. We give points then leave it at that, and make sure that we have some kind of effect. And by the looks of it, we haven't had much effect which is fine. But we need to just move on and allow GOd to guide us to the next person.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

why do you think there's a lot of heated debate in the middle east? it's mostly over religion.

when a debate goes so far as to attack the person on a personal level, that's too far and the debate should stop. i am not relgious but i will say, your belief is yours and yours alone. trying to convince another to believe your belief over his is the wrong idea and all it gets is pissed off people. most countries have free relgion, others don't. but it doesn't matter, respect their ideas on god (exist or not) and move on.

ak, ud have to get a global mod to lock this. im only in the urpg. glad i could stop by and say something though.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 01-01-2005, 10:26 PM
akdude Offline

Alright Lep. Thanks. I'll do that.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:28 AM
LaprasRider Offline
Banned

Well, I do. I believe that He makes everything happen that humans don't (ex: weather, disasters, etc.).
Old 01-02-2005, 01:52 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazikenInferno
Well, you say we are ingnorant and self-centered? Have you seen whether other religions such as Islam believe that Christians are right? As in, if you believe Christians are ignorant in what we believe, aren't OTHER religions just as ingnorant? Don't they believe that their way is the true way as well?

And how can you say that what LaN_scyther_66 said was "just a coincidence"? Don't you think that something like that could be a way to show that God exists just like you asked? You can't just assume that every happenning such as that is merely a coincidence. I mean, if you do than it's no wonder you didn't see ways that God shows he exists.

I just wish you people would stop this constant God-bashing. All the people on the forum object when people go about flaming other members. Why is it okay for you to go flaming Christians and what they believe?
It's because christianity is the hated religion. Look what people are trying to do to Christmas. All of you who don't believe in god probably celebrate Christmas right? Well, guess what? You shouldn't!

This suit is black not.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanatos Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Thanatos Send a message via MSN to Thanatos Send a message via Yahoo to Thanatos

Shouldn't celebrate it? The holiday has become so commercial, half the religious aspect is gone.

Nowadays, very few people do what they should at christmas, which is celebrate the birth of christ. I'm not quite sure, but isn't the present giving something wrong? I don't honestly know, so don't quote me on this.

I believe now, that there might be a God. Not for miracles and such, but because of strange events. God most likely created the earth, the heavens, and all that sort of thing. However, I doubt he watches over us. If he did, bad things wouldn't happen. Around 100,000 South East Asianers wouldn't be dead from an tsunami.

Maybe God is just waiting for this generation of humans to wipe itself out, then start anew. He will accept those who accept him into the gates of heaven, and start the world, without the perals of today's existence.

However, this is just beliefs, not fact, so this thread should defininately be closed, to stop arguments.

Christianity is only hated because of the way George Bush acts. If he didn't go around saying that he thought God wanted him to be president, and acting like he was God's messenger, then Christianity would no longer be hated. Oh, and stuff like Christian stance on Abortion and Gay Rights, that's the sorta thing that makes it disliked.

Ryu Paladin

Lugia
Level 100 @ 5810 posts
VPP

Last edited by Thanatos; 01-02-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Seven Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohtoTrainer
It's because christianity is the hated religion. Look what people are trying to do to Christmas. All of you who don't believe in god probably celebrate Christmas right? Well, guess what? You shouldn't!
Christianity isn't the "hated religion" at ALL. Don't act as though you're a victim of hatred.
What people are trying to do to christmas? Pfff! Celebrate it anyway you want, and let others celebrate it their way. Christmas isn't christian at all anymore...
The true hated religion nowadays is the Islam. I feel really sorry for mulsims, cus the greater part of them doesn't deserve to be treated the way the are. Their religion has been hijacked by terrorists...x_X well...so it seems to the western world anyways.

I personally do dislike christianity, as I dislike almost any religion that forces you to think a certain way. Most of them are very fascist anyway => "if you're not part of the club, you burn in hell =)".
And as Darkcomet says, the stance of christianity (and other religions as well) on gay rights, is WRONG, and hypocritical. Aren't you supposed to spread love? Treasure love?

Being anti-gay is the same as being anti-black. And I think we can all agree on that being wrong, right?
Old 01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
akdude Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Christianity isn't the "hated religion" at ALL. Don't act as though you're a victim of hatred.
What people are trying to do to christmas? Pfff! Celebrate it anyway you want, and let others celebrate it their way. Christmas isn't christian at all anymore...
The true hated religion nowadays is the Islam. I feel really sorry for mulsims, cus the greater part of them doesn't deserve to be treated the way the are. Their religion has been hijacked by terrorists...x_X well...so it seems to the western world anyways.

I personally do dislike christianity, as I dislike almost any religion that forces you to think a certain way. Most of them are very fascist anyway => "if you're not part of the club, you burn in hell =)".
And as Darkcomet says, the stance of christianity (and other religions as well) on gay rights, is WRONG, and hypocritical. Aren't you supposed to spread love? Treasure love?

Being anti-gay is the same as being anti-black. And I think we can all agree on that being wrong, right?
Alright Seven. Let's clear a few things up. Christians and possibly Jews pray in school. They took that right away from us because of people that don't know God. Kinda like you. The Govornment is tryin to change the phrase "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays", all because of the word Christ in Christmas. And Yes what JT said was wrong. Everyone is allowed to celebrate it in their own way.

And the reason to hate Christians, is wrong. Not ALL Christians are what you say they are. I'm not. I believe in rights. If you were gay, great. Just don't try anything on me. If you want to get married...More power to ya! People have the right to be happy. Even if they are gay. I have nothing against them. Some Christians hate Harry Potter. My church bought books and burned them. Alright...I don't care. I wasn't there. I like watchin the movies.

And Christians are not, and I repeat ARE NOT "if you're not part of the club, you burn in hell =)". But in the Bible it does say, if you do not come part of Christ, you will go to hell. Now I don't want anyone to go to Hell. Hell is not fun. And God knows it. That's why He wants people to come to Him.

But this thread needs to stop blaming and flamming. There's no point. Every religion is hated for some reason. And it needs to stop. We're all friends here, and there's no point in arguing about religion.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Seven Offline

[QUOTE=akdude]Alright Seven. Let's clear a few things up. Christians and possibly Jews pray in school. They took that right away from us because of people that don't know God. Kinda like you. The Govornment is tryin to change the phrase "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays", all because of the word Christ in Christmas. And Yes what JT said was wrong. Everyone is allowed to celebrate it in their own way.

True, the "merry christmas"-thing is just lame o_O;;. But uh, no one can stop you from saying merry christmas anyway, so eh, no big problems here right?
You say you're not allowed to pray in school anymore. Well, let me ask you something...: are you in a christian school, or in a public school? If you're in the latter (and I kind of expect you are), well, I'm sorry to say it, but: you cannot take free time in a public school to pray, because you're simply not the only person in there! A school cannot give some people the right to skip lessons and pray, and tell others they have to go to those lessons.

Quote:
And the reason to hate Christians, is wrong. Not ALL Christians are what you say they are. I'm not. I believe in rights. If you were gay, great. Just don't try anything on me. If you want to get married...More power to ya! People have the right to be happy. Even if they are gay. I have nothing against them. Some Christians hate Harry Potter. My church bought books and burned them. Alright...I don't care. I wasn't there. I like watchin the movies.
First of all, I don't hate christians, two of my best friends are (die-hard might I add ) christians. Well, I'm happy to hear you are in favor of gay rights...but, you can't deny that most christians are not. And uh "Even if they are gay." lol, I'm sure you meant in a positive way, but it sounds rather...mean =b.

>>Some Christians hate Harry Potter. My church bought books and burned them. Alright...I don't care. I wasn't there. I like watchin the movies. << Okay, that's just plain dumb 8-|.

Quote:
And Christians are not, and I repeat ARE NOT "if you're not part of the club, you burn in hell =)". But in the Bible it does say, if you do not come part of Christ, you will go to hell. Now I don't want anyone to go to Hell. Hell is not fun. And God knows it. That's why He wants people to come to Him.
Well excuse me, but as a christian you do support the idea that everyone who isn't part of the club will go to hell. So christians ARE like that.

Quote:
But this thread needs to stop blaming and flamming. There's no point. Every religion is hated for some reason. And it needs to stop. We're all friends here, and there's no point in arguing about religion.
Look, there's no flaming hurr....:o...flaming would be "OMG YOU ISZ SO DUMB !%@@%#$@!!!!!"

And let it be clear, I have no grudge against any of you ^_^;;.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Eh, not the most kindest of words I've ever seen on PE2K...

Sorry, but this thread has to go. It's turned way too much into a flamewar, and I'd rather not see it continue.

Closed Thread