Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Games » Third Generation

Third Generation Discuss the third generation Pokemon games: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:25 PM
terra_storm Offline
Experienced Trainer

Default Level 100? Hah!

I'd just like to say what's so good about having all level 100s? All of my teams are about level 40/50/60 and i'm quite content with that. Once your team are level 100 there's really no point in using them any more (except against friends in link battles) because it's not like they can get any better, or anything. Can anyone give me their opinion on this?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Check out my Sprite Shoppe! I no longer accept requests, but you're welcome to browse! http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d=1#post967721
Old 12-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Kaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Kaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kaze
Default Re: Level 100? Hah!

I agree with you...partially. ^^

Most power-hungry humans adore having all of their Pokemon at the highest level possible. There are quite a few people on the forum who have beaten their games already, and know all that they possibly can know about effort values and strategy. Maybe I agree with you because, in my entire years of playing Pokemon, I've only had one Pokemon reach Level 100.

(Yes, one. Don't make any comment about that, please. I know that I suck at the Pokemon games, even if I have beaten half of them already, and I don't need reminding.)

When it comes to battles like the Elite Four, or the Trainer Tower, or any other ingame collosseum, being at the highest level possible, Level 100 (at least in the mostly glitch-free, Game Boy Advance games) is very useful and can allow you to defeat other trainers at said level.

Having such high-level Pokemon, well, is more for bragging rights and tower battles in game. It's lovely to say, "Oh, my twenty-second Pokemon is on Level 100!" I do understand what you're saying about not being able to train them anymore. A majority of my strongest Pokemon (half are at the original levels they were caught at, because I don't strive to catch every single one there is) are in the mid-fifties to mid-sixties. It's interesting to be able to train them to the level, but after that you can set them aside (unless you plan to use the Experience Share in the Elite Four to raise the level of your other Pokemon. Those whose lives are effort values hate the Experience Share, though...).

And there ends my long explanation with several parentheses. (I like your avatar and banner, by the way; did you make the banner yourself?)
Old 12-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

Uh, yes? I think so, but not really. Most of my pokemon are level 100 (like one and a half boxes are). I tend to keep about twenty pokemon around level 40-70 just to walk around Hoenn. But yes. I agree.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Primal Link Offline

Send a message via MSN to Primal Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Megami View Post
I agree with you...partially. ^^

Most power-hungry humans adore having all of their Pokemon at the highest level possible. There are quite a few people on the forum who have beaten their games already, and know all that they possibly can know about effort values and strategy. Maybe I agree with you because, in my entire years of playing Pokemon, I've only had one Pokemon reach Level 100.

(Yes, one. Don't make any comment about that, please. I know that I suck at the Pokemon games, even if I have beaten half of them already, and I don't need reminding.)

When it comes to battles like the Elite Four, or the Trainer Tower, or any other ingame collosseum, being at the highest level possible, Level 100 (at least in the mostly glitch-free, Game Boy Advance games) is very useful and can allow you to defeat other trainers at said level.

Having such high-level Pokemon, well, is more for bragging rights and tower battles in game. It's lovely to say, "Oh, my twenty-second Pokemon is on Level 100!" I do understand what you're saying about not being able to train them anymore. A majority of my strongest Pokemon (half are at the original levels they were caught at, because I don't strive to catch every single one there is) are in the mid-fifties to mid-sixties. It's interesting to be able to train them to the level, but after that you can set them aside (unless you plan to use the Experience Share in the Elite Four to raise the level of your other Pokemon. Those whose lives are effort values hate the Experience Share, though...).

And there ends my long explanation with several parentheses. (I like your avatar and banner, by the way; did you make the banner yourself?)
Me I have six LV 100's I have to get all their stats and stuff so I can get a rating on a sticky therad.

Pikachu
Luiga
Rayquaza
Swampert
Groudon
Typholsion

Theres the six but I gotta go!

3DS: 3308-4809-3969
Avatar credit goes to ~theLostSindar of DevianART
Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

I had a level 100 Zapdos and another Articuno on my yellow they were sooo good. Now on Leaf Green I have a Charizard, Nidoking, Electrode, Slowking, Crobat, Vaporeon, and Jolteon

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 12-20-2006, 04:55 PM
.:VS:. Offline

Send a message via MSN to .:VS:.

This is not a "Post your Lv.100 Pokemon thread".

I agree,
Even if you have a really good team, for example SubPunch Breloom and Shuckle (SubPunch Shuckle lol), people say "WAT LV100 POKEEEMON U GOT?". You say one. They go "OMG I HAEV 17+111!!!". People are dumb.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

I just do it because I don't want to get pwnt by my friends even though I'm the one that always does the pwning.xD

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Lucavi Offline

Send a message via AIM to Lucavi Send a message via MSN to Lucavi

I think the only reason i train them to lvl 100 is to compete in the battle frontier
Old 12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Elmo's Heaven!! Send a message via MSN to Elmo's Heaven!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:VS:. View Post
This is not a "Post your Lv.100 Pokemon thread".

I agree,
Even if you have a really good team, for example SubPunch Breloom and Shuckle (SubPunch Shuckle lol), people say "WAT LV100 POKEEEMON U GOT?". You say one. They go "OMG I HAEV 17+111!!!". People are dumb.
I agree fully with you on that one yo.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
I think the only reason i train them to lvl 100 is to compete in the battle frontier
LOL! Thats another reason I do it.
Even though I die there constantly....

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Elmo's Heaven!! Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrptr101 View Post
LOL! Thats another reason I do it.
Even though I die there constantly....
Me too and it ain't funny.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:39 AM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

I was close to getting some to lv. 100, but me and my brother traded in all our pokemon games(went through a phase where we hated pokemon) pretty much, except for a couple. But yeah, I agree with you. It becomes just way too easy.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Legendary Wolf Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Legendary Wolf

You have a point but its still fun traim them to Lv.100

Last edited by Legendary Wolf; 12-22-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:57 AM
charmeleonblaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Hmmm, let's see, I've gotten a Charizard and a Suicune to lv. 100.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Lord Voldemort Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Lord Voldemort

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra_storm View Post
I'd just like to say what's so good about having all level 100s? All of my teams are about level 40/50/60 and i'm quite content with that. Once your team are level 100 there's really no point in using them any more (except against friends in link battles) because it's not like they can get any better, or anything. Can anyone give me their opinion on this?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
1)I have 3 friends that play pokemon
2)Battle Frontier
3)its fun to tear apart every pokemon with merely 1 attack