Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Other Chat

Other Chat For non-Pokemon discussion on everything else. For casual talk only, any more serious topics such as current events, should be in the Discussion. You can talk about anything else that is not covered in the other "Other Boards" that are above.

Old 12-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Pe2k as you remember it, long ago. (Feel old =P)

In a way, I guess you could say that I got the idea from Neo's thread. Whatever, but I just wanted to know. How and what did you feel about pe2k forum? Curious, surprised...? What exactly was your feeing when you joined, and how did you feel during the first few days after joining? What did you think of the members?

I'll give mine as an example.

Basically, I used to think post count was very important, and I used to hope everyday that I reached one hundred posts, or more. You can imagine what I felt like when I saw Mystikal's post count. xD

Also, I was surprised that post count even existed, this was some kind of novelty, for me, I used to be on a forum, without any post count, and this was a new thing.

Also, until July, the difference between the URPG and VPP confused me a lot. I used to wonder, what's the difference, how refs managed to find out the stats, how did trainers send out pokemon by just punching in a few words. I know this sounds stupid. I agree, but there must be some time in your life when either on Proboards or here, you felt stupid, noobish?

And about people...

The WAR season 5 sign ups, or something was going on. don't remember exactly what happened, but I'm positive I stumbled on rust and one of his crazy posts, because I was like "Who's the crazy guy who's so sadistic?" and things like that, basically.

Neo : I thought he was like, a five, maximum, eight year old kid, as well as an excellent artist. All his banners used to have things like "Don't regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many". I thought he was kinda smart for a kid, and I used to think he used to act really matured for his age. That is, until I stumbled on his profile.

Then, then, then...Espeon Rinage, and Elite 4 Mitch(Ultimaditto) or whatever, attempting to murder each other in Tamer San's lookie....that's around when I made friends with ER, who in time introduced me to roleplays and the URPG, explained a lot of stuff to me, about the forum. He 'forced' me to join the URPG and taught me the basics about URPG, which I'm grateful.

Then comes Ridley. His username used to be "retarded" (which he was xD). I used to like his funny nature, and the way he used to open loads of poll threads. I still miss the old retarded we had.

Yup, I think that's about all...I'll post the rest later.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Shady Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Shady Send a message via MSN to Shady
Default Re: Pe2k as you remember it, long ago. (Feel old =P)

When I first joined Pe2k... I was a n00b.. I had never been on a forum before.. didn't know any of the rules. Spoke in chatspeak (from all the years of MSN). I don't think I ever did read the forum rules either... I just kinda, picked up on them.

At first not everyone was nice too me... Mostly because of the really poor grammer. So I didn't join in any group kinda activities... Like Role plays and the like. I mostly used to hang around the Diamond and Pearl Disscussion thread, because, that was what I had been looking up when I found this forum. I spent most of my n00b days there...

One day I ventured into the graphic Arts board and realised all the cool things that people were making. I wanted to get in on it, but I couldn't sprite. Which, at the time, were pretty much the only type of shop's that were in the board.

I realised that making overworld maps was really cool. I practiced for a bit and got good. I opened up a small shop in the art board named 'SC Shady's Region Exhibition'. Some of you might remember that. I guess you could say I gained some recognition through that shop, as time went by I started experimenting with other types of art, Like sprite re-colours and things... I introduced them into my shop and renamed it 'SC Shady's Maps and Sprites'.

Once I was out of my n00b days... I entered Role Plays, Other: Chat and other things...

And that's pretty much my life on Pe2k. With a few bit's excluded of course...

Old 12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Vampire Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Vampire Send a message via MSN to Vampire

When I joined pe2k I was known as Xalo123, I had another account before that but got a new computer so I cannot say who it was lol...

Anyway, I was know as xalo123, banners wen't working for me and my grammer was terrable (XDDD) then I changed my name to X-men, this was in my x-man crazy stage...
Later that year my name was changed to Vampire, this name was chosen by that spell I cast that day, trap-a-vampire-in-a-jar-spell (Never worked not enough witches in room...)Then people were being nice as my post count rose and my name became known, my lil nickname was "Vamp" lol kinda cute, might change my name to that :P

Mt grammer was grown up and my spelling well still crap but I try, and now I have blue coloured text and this is the type of vpp I am working on :P
Thank you and goodnight!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
theEND Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to theEND Send a message via MSN to theEND

When I first joined PE2K, the Forum it was this April, I had stumbled upon the following first:

Pokemon DS Games
DCC

I quickly acquainted myself to the DCC, and unfortunately, I seemed like a n00b back then. I couldn't understand what reviving a thread (Which I didn't do very commonly back then), double posting, and hell, even what the word "post" meant. However, I had it easy. RF was quite different back then. We used to be best of friends, until I got a bit more bright on the thoughtful side.

Ridley, who used to be retarded, was a very good friend to me. Although we hardly spent time outside of playing around, we were quite good friends. :D

Neo was a role model for me.
VT was a creepy role model.
I thought Abby(Absol2005) was hot.
I liked Meggy as a counselor.
Dani despised me.
I hated Kenny (And I still do these days, but I've tolerated his bizzare Canadian accent.)
I was best friends to RF and retarded.
I was acquainted to Robert, !Ce, and Ace.
I was addicted to the DCC.
I found Katera quite hateful of me.
I ate a raspberry that had a mushroom on it.
Big Boss was still around, hanging high and low.
HiF had marshmallows.
NGA was my past best friend, but it seems she had wised up a notch.
Younglink graded my first story, and I failed to capture a Weedle. :__;
I ate Lucky because she was yummy.
I despised Orre Champion.
I didn't like May that much, but she's changed.
I failed at RP attempts.

Last edited by theEND; 12-21-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Jet Offline

Send a message via AIM to Jet Send a message via MSN to Jet Send a message via Yahoo to Jet

I remember the old days where the main topic of almost all other chit chats is the relationship between Dani and S**** =P

anyways... seriously, the time I joined which was around 2003 during the old proboard days; I was pretty much stuck on the other cards/anime/games, rarely on the pokemon stuff... there, Kenny somewhat became my "bud", as we were the only ones, oh, and Brian and there was this other guy I can't remember... who were other tcg fanatics... my username kept changing at that time; Jet was always in it, but there's an additional name next to it, depending on my ava and sig: If my ava/sig had Sieg Hart from the anime Rave; my username would've been Jet Hart... when my ava/sig was Roll Caskett from Megaman Legends, my username was Jet Caskett, and so forth. I wasn't really a n00b, but not really a "well-known" member that time.

I was also in the pokemon tcg fad; as I somewhat started the fad in making ur own pokemon cards real: photoshop and all... I did several requests back then; boy was it a fuss; I think I got a total of 100+ requests (meaning they requested a line; Squirtle and evos, etc)... I still continued nonetheless... somehow that somewhat got me "famous" even for a bit =/ I also showed of some of my graphic arts, even if they weren't actually absolute...

some members I knew back then:

- Dani (here)
- Kenny (here)
- Brian (Alakazam, here)
- NP (here)
- lil'lep (here... damn it sry 4got ur real name x_X)
- X
- D (Dratini... still here?)
- Cat
- Pidgeot
- Sy
- Neptune's Disciple
- RoD (here)
- Cooltrainer Mushi (left a LOONG time ago)
- Rachel (sadly non-active?)
- Mario (here)
- Ryan (of course, duh)
- Max (dubbed the anime expert)
- Jasper
- T-bird

I apologize for the others

right now... well... nothing much... just a normal veteran...

Last edited by Jet; 12-20-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

The horror!

When I first joined PE2K, September 2, 2003, it was… kind of sad.

I started off with the screen name of FlyingLatios, and strictly stuck with Pokémon Fan Fiction, since that was the reason why I joined PE2K in the first place. Not too crowded, but active enough for my liking. My first fan fiction was very crappy, nothing like what you’ve seen me do in the place. If you were to read it, you would think there was no way in hell I would have written that. Also, don’t ask for it, I don’t even have it as a copy any more.

I didn’t even know how to use a signature, so what I did was take random pictures from the movie Pokémon Heroes, stole the bandwidth from other sites unknowingly, and threw some random quote right under it. I did this with every post for at least fifty of them until I actually found out how to do it. As for going elsewhere, I maybe only posted once or twice in Other Chat. Most of what I did and said was kind of ignored however.

I then changed my screen name to Neo Pikachu, using a Pikachu version of Neo from the Matrix. This was after I had the idea to make a horrific, RAM obliterating Shockwave movie with Pikachu as Neo and Mickey Mouse as Agent Smith, doing that whole fight in the subway. It would have been much better if I was smart enough to use JPEGs for the stills in the background, rather than… ugh, using Bitmaps. Setting that aside… that’s why I moved to Flash.

Also, my first banner consisted of the following work:

- Screen capturing Matrix code
- Downloading Matrix font
- Putting “Pikachu is the One” above the ripped background image.

And that was all. And yes ladies and gentlemen, it was garbage. Not to mention I was terrible about being a software pirate before actually buying every program I had, including Flash, Photoshop CS, and Soundforge.

Anyway, I posted mostly in fan fiction and in Other Chat, not really getting anywhere near the important stuff. The first team I joined was Team Nox, toward the end of Season 2. I earned two points of the team, which was actually pretty good considering how late I joined. After that, I slowly got better, posting in more places, and really trying to shoot for becoming a Global Moderator, really mini-modding stuff to death. I watched for spam threads like a hawk, and the moment I saw them, I flew down into the scene, posted exactly what the person should have done, and flew off, all hoping that some G-mod would see it, admire what I did, and give a recommendation to Ryan.

On Friday, February 13th, 2004 at around 10:00 AM Eastern time, I had been writing a Happy Birthday PM to Dap. I submitted it, but then I was a little concerned to see the main screen of Proboards. So, I hit the back button and tried again. Same thing. And then to further my shock, it happened with everything I tried to do…

PE2K had been deleted. The whole reasoning was because of the foreign languages board and a violation of terms of service which wasn’t true. We tried to plead our case, but as stupid and as senile as Proboards Support is, they didn’t care, rehashing the ToS like a bunch of mindless machines, all slaves of Proboards hoping to become mods so they can spit more of their crap into people’s faces.

We then moved to phpBB, which maybe lasted for about a week, and then died. And finally, March 3rd, 2004, we finally got a new forum, a brand new vBulletin one. I was the sixth member to join, so bored of waiting that it finally came.

To put a long story short, a lot of it was restored, I gained more activity, and some other stuff happened, but that’s the general history of me coming here.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Tamer San Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Tamer San Send a message via MSN to Tamer San Send a message via Yahoo to Tamer San

PE2K for me became another home, it is my sanctuary when I feel alone or bored or just simply on my computer. I cam to PE2K back in the Proboards days, when things were beautiful and I was an unknown n00b. At first, I joined the Tri-Blade, so I can have some friends, and i did, until today I remember my old Tri-Blade days when I first met Robert (DarkRaichu), and Dap, and JT and Allie and many others. Dap and JT back then became my very best friends here, then I met Magare who is now by the way, my pet female puppy :)

When PE2K 's Proboards account got deleted for a stupid reason (Mixed languages Board) we all went and started fighting for our rights on the Proboards support forum and then gave up. I waited until VB was up and joined as Tamer and after 90+ posts I got inactive for a while. When I came back I registered again as Tamer San and then started to chat here and there, and joined VPP and started to have more friends.

When VB server crashed everyone left for some forum called Revolution, I was always against it so I waited until Ryan got this back and I helped him a little bit alongside with Mark who I was one of his very first friends in URPG. Before that of course Jack assigned me an URPG Official and shortly after I was assigned as an URPG Moderator which was my dream, becoming an Elite Four member and a Moderator, and here I am, an URPG hero :P

The people I remember and will always do are:
Dap (Miss you man...)
JT
Magare
HKim
Neo
Scott
Matthew
Matt'n'Vulpix
Lizzy (Lucky my sweet heart <3) *Kisses*
Dani
Jenny Aka.Dratini
Pidge
Khold
Robert (DarkRaichu)
Shroomy
Mike (My Arcanine mate)
velly
Thanatos
DG
Megumi
Louise

And if I forgot anyone please forgive me, I have a bad memory...

"Fight for freedom. Fight for glory. Fight to win!"
I am back

Last edited by Tamer San; 12-20-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Callum Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Callum

Before I had my account Callum, I had an account called Hoenn Callum. I joined Sep 2004. I was a pretty Big nub, but I was never really inconciderate of others, and tried to treat everyone with respect. My main reason for coming here, was the Graphic Arts - and it still is.

I remember back in the day, the artists, they were amazing. Matthew before he was a mod, I used to think he was a god! He could do anything, and I really looked up to him :D. And then you had Sapphire Tiger, I think it was, who was the same, a complete graphical God! Did he get a name change to Nefarious? Oh I don't know :P. Anyway.

And then after being here for a few months, I decided to open up a Chao Thread, which was an uuber hit, and got 500+ posts, which was pretty big. I was chuffed, because I felt like I had really done something for the community. And I was even more chuffed when members like Matthew, and Blaziken Inferno joined me in making Chao. I think then I kinda made a name for myself, as a Chao-man. But that legacy was short lived, as I became inactive. I was gone for atleast 3/4 of a year, before I got my account Callum.

I never really got involved with the RP, VPP, or URPG back then, because I never really understood them. And I still don't :P. I just like being here for the graphics, ya' know :D?

And there was the Smeargle Art challenge. It was a place for the l33t of the l33t to gather. I remember once I entered this horrific dratini/pokeball type entry, and it was baddd lol. I failed awfully, If I remember . Everyone was just so good at art, it was mad. I mean there was one entry of Matthew's with a football and an Electrode or something, and I remember thinking, I'd love to think of something like that one day. Pretty sad, I know lol.

And then there was the Ryu Soul Alliance, which has sadly died out, once more. I remember that it was run by BI and Dragon Master Dan, and it really rocked. Everyone went crazy for the Pokesho sprites, and no one new where to get them, and the RSA incorporated them into their banners. I left before the WAR, and I don't even know if they went to WAR, but I don't regret it at all. Now i'm back with a better account, I am determined to take part this year.

The other great thing was, the lack of newbies. I don't like to "discriminate", but it was such a nicer place. Everyone was polite, and courteous, and didn't flame each other 24/7. The plus of that, was sprites were kept to a minimum and the real art ruled the scene. Oh, I loved the days :P

Some members I can remember:

mlugia - I remember she had this strange spinning panda avatar
Thanatos
Sapphire Tiger
Nef
NP (Still here)
Barret. (Still here)
Neptunes Disciple?
Blaziken Inferno
DragonMasterDan
ashketchum? I remember speaking to him, and he said he was a dad. and he had a dog avatar. I think lol.
Techno Treeko
And a few others, who I can't remember :D

And now, no one remembers me, lol..

Last edited by Callum; 12-20-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
LS Offline

Well here's my story.

When I joined Pe2k I was one of the biggest n00bs of 2005. :P I was surprised how everything was run and I wrote story's which were like 5 lines long. I never even knew what G-Mods were.. I just went on spammed myself like 5 posts and went off.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Sixto Offline
Sofa King Cool

Send a message via AIM to Sixto Send a message via MSN to Sixto

Ahh the old days. It all started when I stumbled upon this website when I was bored. Yep, I found PE2K whilst browsing the web for Pokémon stuff. I explored first before I actually joined. Then I joined under the name of my favorite Pokémon, Houndour on July 10th 2002.

I gained all the forum experience I now have from Proboards. I hung out mostly on the Fan Fiction board and the other "northern" boards (as I called them since it consisted mostly of Pokémon). I will admit I was a total n00b. I didn't know how to handle stuff, but I don't remember ever being scolded of flamed for my mistakes, and I am thankful for that.

I became friends with a member name Zeke31, man did I have a crush on her. Then she suddenly left. Still miss her.

Don't remember when it happened, but I remember teams being created. I created Pokémon Air Force. It was very succesful and we were doing good in the WAR, but suddenly it fell apart. Syrus and I then came up with the whole TMA, thus all those crazy adjective names (ex. magnificent).

Then came the time when Ryan made me a Fan Fiction Moderator. Boy was that they happiest day in my life! I love writing and to be acknowledged in that way was awesome. Around this time is when I started my partying ways IRL. But I never showed it here cause I was naive and inmature and thought people would think differently of me.

Along those lines, I don't remember with who, I helped create the VPP. Although I have no proof, I did help create it. But of course no one will believe me without any actualy proof.

Then there was a time when Ryan moved his board with PokéCommunity. It lasted a while, but then decided to move back.

Shortly after Proboards was deleted, he openned up with phBB, which lasted very little. Then he created this vBulletin board with the help of tRO I believe.

I had to leave for a while because of personal issues and not having access to a computer, so I was de-modded. *sad* Shortly after, I got this incredible job that I am grateful for for the simple reason that I work from home and get paid very well. I am able to buy awesome things that I want and help with the bills and stuff. So I bought a new computer and came back at around June of this year and started hanging out everywhere, but mostly in "The OC" :p

And the rest is history...

Last edited by Sixto; 12-20-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
RouteMaster Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Well the summer of 2005 isn't that long ago, but it was then that I joined this forum. At that time I was only getting to know my way around the internet; computers and I had always had a frosty relationship (and still do). I found a good website (PE2K) and saw it had a "forum" which I joined, despite having no real idea of what a forum was! I think I made about four comments back then in June, but to be honest I had too much other stuff going on in my life and I forgot about it.

I returned to PE2K in 2006 sometime and saw that everything had changed, I'd changed too and I started to post in some of the boards. Many of you don't know me because I don't post often but one member who certainly sticks out in my memory was retarded (now Ridley). There was a thread called "a fun story", I think, in which we used to talk complete nonsense quite a bit, if post count was counted there I think mine would probably be closer to Neo's.

Anyways my memories of PE2K are limited but fond, this was my first Pokemon forum (well, Pokemon site really) and although I have joined several forums since then, PE2K still feels like home.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
LS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker matt View Post
Well the summer of 2005 isn't that long ago, but it was then that I joined this forum. At that time I was only getting to know my way around the internet; computers and I had always had a frosty relationship (and still do). I found a good website (PE2K) and saw it had a "forum" which I joined, despite having no real idea of what a forum was! I think I made about four comments back then in June, but to be honest I had too much other stuff going on in my life and I forgot about it.

I returned to PE2K in 2006 sometime and saw that everything had changed, I'd changed too and I started to post in some of the boards. Many of you don't know me because I don't post often but one member who certainly sticks out in my memory was retarded (now Ridley). There was a thread called "a fun story", I think, in which we used to talk complete nonsense quite a bit, if post count was counted there I think mine would probably be closer to Neo's.

Anyways my memories of PE2K are limited but fond, this was my first Pokemon forum (well, Pokemon site really) and although I have joined several forums since then, PE2K still feels like home.

xD I quit from Pe2k on 2005 and came back at like early 2006. :P Fun story was like the best game.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Well, since I just got a VPP, you can say that it took me a while.
I found PE2K when I was googling pokemon stuff. So I decided to join. I had alot of trouble with the four word rule and according to the MOTM voting, I still have trouble with spamming.

End of my boring short story.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal

Well, I've been around since 2001-2002. I joined not too long before Valentine's, and I actually only came here for some help on a game. I then joined the URPG, and joined Team Tri-Blade as one of the sub-team-leaders. I led Glacier in those days :P I first joined under the name of pichu88, then deleted my name and came back as Shadow Knight. Which changed to DarkRaichu and I stayed with it until last year or so :o

I met lots of people, some of them have already posted here.
Tamer, Dap, Magare, Allie, etc. Mainly all those who either went inactive or went Mod on me :P
The WAR was great fun back then, for that's when I actually got some points XD But yeah, so PE2K has been great to me, no matter what happened. Sure I've strived to become a Mod, and I found out that I shouldn't complain... I had lots of friends, I was well known and why care for some stupid title? Sure, more respect is always nice but was it really necessary? No.

So I've been going until this very day. I've tried to leave PE2K twice before, and failed. This place is just to hard to leave, especially if you've been around this long ^_^"

Anyways, it's been great, but I do feel that since the new Pokémon have arrived, that the URPG is starting to go downhill compared to back then :(

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 12-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

2002, after the lot of us from Gamewinners got fed up with Gamewinners (really only like a few of us came anyway) and the oppression of the mod of that board. One of us left pokemon for the most part, while the other is currently still kicking around randomly here. The rest of them actually built their own proboards forum in which I also joined. I came here after the fact that some of us came here (about 3).

Anyway, I surprisingly started out in the strategies portion of the forum, and I remember the first major post I made was of this one UU team, in which Ant jumped on for "plagerism" (hilarious fact, I made that back in the GW days), so that kinda was the little blurp I had with Ant until we managed to settle things afterwards. Moved on and became the antagonist to S****. Hey, back then getting to 500 posts was a large accomplishment. XD

Anyway, modded shortly after. I think the other guys (Sindaram, Midget, Gengar) were modded about a month after or something like that. So that was basically the start of things as my life as an ancient fossil. :)

Some random fun facts:
- My first avatar is NOT of a female! It was Heero Yui (Ryan still has it XD), the estrogen-filled avatars began with Narusegawa from Love Hina.
- The only man to be paired with every other female that's remotely "famous" in pe2k, including Dani, sf, RoD, AB, D, etc. I have no idea how, but it had to do with Harry Kim. XD
- Was never really a "n00b" here, that was the GW days :P

Guys back in the VERY old days I hung with (like before uRPG, I think that started 2003 or 2004, after the PC days):
Ant
Midget
Shadow
Chris (Acer)
Sindaram
S****
RoD
Flaff
D
Aurora Borealis
Zeke
(not so much Sophie though)

Well nowadays, I'm sure you all know who I hang with. ;)

Last edited by Kenny_C.002; 12-21-2006 at 03:10 AM.