Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:56 AM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

Default The East Side Gang

I picked up a rock and skipped it along the water. This was my favorite time to go to the dock, everything was so peaceful as the sun was setting.Sometimes I wished life were like this all the time. I looked at the Poke Ball shaped watch on my wrist. 6:04 PM was display in glowing green symbols on the front.I better get home or Tim will have my head, I thought as I walked along the sea shore. I looked at my reflection. The only thing I liked about myself was my light blond hair it shone in the nice summer sun. I was not rich at all, I wore handydowns from all my brothers. I least liked the shirt I had on now. It said KYLE in big bold letters. My name wasn't even Kyle I thought and chuckled to myself. It might be tough to find a shirt with my name on it though, I dont think I've ever seen a shirt that said PADMAN on it before. I looked at my slightly ripped jean shorts. They were covered in white drops of paint from the time I painted my new house with my mom and dad. Those were the days.... when mom and dad were alive. I started to think about all the fun things I did with my mom and dad as a little kid.That was before the plane crash killed them. As I dazed off in thought I heard a car come by beeping its loud horn.

"Hey dirt." Said a one of the kids who jumped out of the car.

"Want to battle?" Said the other well built boy next to him.

They all sent out their pokemon, all three of them battling against me.There was a big nidoking whose horn was very large and pointy. Another had A big light blue blastoise its big pumps looked powerful. The last one had a giant Aggron whose muscles looked to be twice the size of mt head.

"I aint got no pokemon." I said trying to look as tough as possible.

"Ya think we care?" said the leader smirking as he said it....

Last edited by padman; 01-27-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:07 AM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: The East Side Gang

The three Pokemon came at me fast. I could feel Nidoking's sharp horn touching my neck as the other two Pokemon held me down. I could feel a mixture of blood and sweat was dripping down my neck as I struggled to make an attempt at screaming for help. The Blastoise hit me hard with a Hydro Pump. I tried to stagger away from the Pokemon but I was only met by the three trainers throwing me back into the pile of Pokemon. I saw Aggron winding up for a punch when it got hit by a fierce electric Thunderbolt attack. Aggron was hit hard and flew back at least twenty feet. I saw my brothers running to help me in front of them they had their two Pokemon. My oldest brother Tim had a mighty strong Machamp; on the other hand my second oldest brother Kyle had a fast and sly Golem who was as though as nails.

“Machamp use Hyper Beam on that Aggron now!” Said Tim is his tough guy voice.

Rhydon blew the Aggron into the wall and hard, right it the same place it landed before. Then next two Pokemon came at Rhydon charging fast.

“Golem use Protect to protect Rhydon!” Said Kyle trying to be though as well.

The two large and powerful Pokemon hit the equally powerful shield. They slid back a few feet then came charging again, both the Pokemon were still recovering. They were sent back mid-attack by Fire Blast attack. It was Nick’s Charrizard that had made the attack. Nick was Tim’s best friend since grade school so it feels like he’s part of our family. The three enemy Pokemon were on the ground panting like a dog on a hot day. The next guy to run over was Sean, he was from Goldenrod city where all the though kids live.

“Electabuzz blow these clowns away, use Thunder!” Sean screamed.

The three Pokemon blew about 50 feet away their trainers running away like murders were chasing them. Then the last two members from our gang ran up. Kyle’s best friend Matt and his brother Brandon. Matt sent out his Sneasel to chase after the three west side losers along with Brandon’s Pokemon Umbreon. They both beat on the boys a little but gave up after a while because of pity.

“You ok Pad?” Kyle said.

Hearing Kyle’s voice always made me feel a tiny bit better.

“Yeah” I said acting as though as I could.

“I aint no baby.” I said now trying even harder.

“We got to get you a Pokemon.” Tim said as the gang walked away quickly from the dock.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:47 AM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

As we walked home from the dock Tim reached into his pocket.

“Here.” He said.

“Take this and catch a Pokemon tomorrow.”

Tim handed a Pokeball to me with a big grin on his face.

“Maybe next time you get jumped you can last five seconds without our help.”

I looked at the Pokeball, this was the first time I had ever touched one. The feeling was like no other, a feeling almost indescribable.

“Yes!” I said with a grin as wide as a rainbow.

We walked home goofing around with each other. Kyle tried to push me into someone’s pool on the way home but I was to strong and pushed him away from me. Sean and Nick walked into the Pokemart but found nothing worth stealing. When we finally got home I laid down in my bed. I stared to think about tomorrow. What Pokemon will I catch? I thought to myself. Maybe a strong Machamp, just like Tim. No, no I don’t think so. Possibly a Golem like Kyle? No I don’t think I like rock Pokemon to much. Well then an Electabuzz? Not that either. I’m not sure I guess I’ll just decide then I go to the dock. That was my final decision; I was too tired from getting jumped to think now so I dozed off for the night. The Next morning I woke up to Tim’s voice.

“Padman breakfast is ready come and get it!” He said yawning.

I ran out of my room throwing on the first muscle shirt I saw.

“Sorry Tim cant talk got to go catch my Pokemon.”

I grabbed a piece of toast and ran out the door.

"Wait Padman!"

I stopped and turned around.

"Here take this Squirtle I caught it down at the dock yesterday."

He handed me a Pokeball.

"I'll make sure to take good care of it."

I stormed out of the house with the Pokeball in my hand.

Last edited by padman; 12-24-2006 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:12 AM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

I ran down to the dock double checking every ten seconds that I still had the both Pokeballs in my back pocket. Once I reached the dock I slowed down looking for boys from the west side of town. I thought about getting jumped yesterday. They were on the east side of town, the nerve of them! But deep down both gangs knew that our gang, the east side gang had much more powerful Pokemon then the boys from the west side. There had been a rumble once between the two gangs Kyle was five and I was only two but Tim was he and he had just been accepted into the gang. Tim and his new Machop kicked but and only half way through the battle Machop evolved into Machoke. From that day everyone knew that Tim was to be the future leader or the east side. I kicked the sand and tried not to think about those stupid west side boys. I looked into the water and saw to Geodudes along the shore line. No, not a Geodude I thought. Then I saw a Seel swimming around in the water.

“Yes!” I screamed

I threw the Pokeball at the Kingdra. As the Pokeball was in mid-air a Magikarp popped out of the water. Its shining orange scales stood out from the sparkling blue water.

“Oh, no!” I shouted

The Pokeball hit Magikarp.

“Beep.” The Pokeball made its first beep as I threw a rock at it to try to get Magikarp to come out of the ball.

“Beep” The second beep when off.

Then......

Magikarp broke out of the Pokeball.

"Phew, that was close!"

"Oh, I almost forgot I had you Squirtle!"

I threw the Pokeball and out came the small powder blue squirtle. Then the Magikarp tackled my Squirle.

"What?" I said puzzled

"I dont want to catch you!" I said to the red scaled fish

It used tackle again on my turtle like companion. Now I was mad.

"Squirtle Water Gun now!" I said with furry.

It hit Magikarp in the face. The water was really helping it more than hurting it. Magikarp hit Squirtle in the chest with tackle. Squirle hit the ground with a bump but stood back off shaking the sand off of its shell.

"Squirlte use Headbutt!" I scremed in a horse irratated voice.

The Headbutt hit Magikarp causing him to fly back, a few scales flew off of his body. Magikarp swam back over battered and bruised. I gave that annoying thing credit it was tough as nails.

"Squirlt Headbutt again!"

The Magikarp was hit hard and sent flying back into the dock causing him to hit the dock, the whole dock collapsed on him.
Even after the 500 pound dock collapsed on him Magikarp still swam away from the wooden poles that had fallen on him. I was origanally going to just battle this Pokemon until it fainted. But seeing its determination I decided to catch it. The best Pokemon you can ask for is a loyal and though Pokemon I thought. I threw the Pokeball.

and...........

[Note I do want Magikarp to be caught even if Padman in the story dosent]

Last edited by padman; 12-24-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:21 AM
Snow Fairy Sugar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via MSN to Snow Fairy Sugar Send a message via Yahoo to Snow Fairy Sugar
Default Re: The East Side Gang [Part 1 ready for grading]

Hmm, the story is pretty okay and the grammar is fine, too. I can't find many mistakes.

However, I suggest you slightly increase the content of the story. As in, what dress the characters wore, how was the weather like, was the sea calm, et cetera.

Also, try and put some more creativity into the way you caught the Magikarp. After all, Kingdra rarely are found near the coasts, are they? How about one of your brothers giving you an Squirtle or whatever or something to battle and find pokemon?

The stry is pretty good, I suggest you do what I mentioned above, and you'll pretty much catch the Magikarp.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Killik Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Killik

Story: Your story was pretty good for a Magikarp. There was the whole gang fight thing, and Padman needing a Pokemon for protection. It was better than the run of the mill "boy goes fishing and catches Magikarp" story.

Details: You did a fairly good job on the description part. You did describe some of the basic, important things, like the main character, and the weather, but there were some things I would've liked more description on. For one, when you use an attack, there is more than one way to describe it other than by its name.

Like instead of:

Quote:
The Thunderbolt shocked him.
You could say:

Quote:
Electricity flowed through his body, shocking him.
I just wanted to see a bit more description on the attacks, other than calling them by there names, but good job.

Spelling/Grammar: This section was done well. The only things I saw were small errors, nothing a simple read through can't get rid of.

Length: Slightly longer than required, so good job.

Battle: There were battles with the gangs here, so you did have a battle, but I would've liked to have seen one for the Magikarp. Just remember to actually describe your attacks.

Outcome: Magikarp Captured! Even though there was no battle for the Karp, it was fairly well written, so I can allow this. Good job on this, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:55 AM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

Uhh ok cool thanks Killik merry christmas to you i must get you somthing for the tree.

Last edited by padman; 12-24-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Killik Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Killik

Regardless of the edit, your story is still a capture. Thanks for taking the time to edit your story a bit though, even though you didn't have to. Congrats on your Capture.

EDIT: May, I'm sorry if it felt like I was trying to steal your grade. I didn't see that you posted until after I did, and I am sorry if this offended you.

Last edited by Killik; 12-24-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:57 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

I walked home with Magikarp in his Pokeball. It had been an interesting day for me. I never intended to catch a Magikarp. I sent it out of its Pokeball. It looked wimpy flopping around on the ground. The only two attacks it knew were tackle and splash, not very powerful. Then I started to think about what it will be when it gets older. Yeah, I thought, a big powerful Gyarados. Its coat would shine against the summer sun making a reflection right into the opponent’s eyes.

“You ready to become the toughest Pokemon in town buddy?” I said smirking.

It flopped around a couple of times then just stopped because it was too lazy.

“I’ll take that as a yes” I said as we walked home.

When I got home I found Tim making dinner and the rest of the boys watching television in the other room.

“Hey Pad!” Kyle Shouted from the other room.

They all ran into see me, Sean tackled me and Nick gave me one of his torture nuggies.

“So, what did ya get?” Tim said as he took off his cooking apron.

I sent out Magikarp it flopped around on the table. Everyone stated laughing at it.

“So is that dinner or your Pokemon?” Sean said almost blowing up he laughed so hard.

Sean would always make a wise crack comment on whatever you said. Whether it was his buddies of his teachers even with his parents he did it. They all continued laughing. I looked at Tim. He smiled but I could tell by his eyes that he was disappointed. I ran upstairs into my room.

“Why did I have to catch you?!” I screamed at it.

“Why did you have to jump in front of my Pokeball?” I continued screaming at the orange scaled fish.

“I’ll show them!” I was crying now light blue streams of tears running down my eyes.

“We’re going to get some badges!” Now I was quiet so Tim and Kyle wouldn’t know I was going to run away to get badges from the gyms.

I started to pack my things on my list.

[x] A months supplies of food

[x] Water

[x] Pokeballs

[x] Hat

[x] Clothes

The list went on. Once I was all packed up I waited until everyone was asleep to go. I went into Tim’s room I put a note next to his bed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then I went downstairs, Kyle had fallen asleep watching television. I turned the TV off and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll see you in a month.” I wispered.

I started to think about not seeing Kyle for a whole month. My eyes started getting water in them. No, I thought, I can’t change my mind now. I stormed out of the house before I could change my mind. I’m off to Pewtwer City....

Last edited by padman; 12-25-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:47 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

I woke up the next day in a bus stop. I was only about two miles out of my town; I still had a long way to go. I picked up my things as the bus came to a stop so I could get on. Once I put the bus token in I took a seat in the back of the bus. I sat next to an elderly man who looked to be asleep. Then I looked at my watch 8:00 A.M. Tim must be up by now I bet he is worried sick I thought. I really shouldn’t do this to him; he has enough on his plate already trying to make ends meet for our family. No, it’s too late to turn back now. I need to prove that I am a strong trainer to all the boys. I’m not turning around now. The old man who I was sitting next to opened his eyes.

“Well hello there lad!” The man said.

“Hello sir.” I said with a smile.

This man was one of the friendliest strangers I had ever met. He was strange though, strange in a way that I really could not explain.

“Are you a trainer son?” Said the elderly man.

“Yes sir” I said with a smile.

Then the man reached into his pocket and brought out a rare candy. He held it out to me.

“No sir I really couldn’t take that from you.” I said backing away.

“I insist that you do, my Pokemon are all retired from battling I have no use for it.” He said.

“Alright only because you insist.” I said taking the candy from his wrinkled old hands.

‘Thank you very much sir.” I said with a big grin on my face.

We talked about Pokemon the whole ride. The old man said he once was one of the most powerful trainers in the world; he had a Salmence with incredible power that could blow my mind away. Most people would think that he was lying but for some strange reason I believed him. When we came to Pewter City the bus stopped.

“Pewter City all off!” Shouted the bus driver.

“I have to go now sir it has been a pleasure talking to you sir.”

The old man nodded and waved goodbye. When I got off the bus I realized that the man had never given me his name. I was to cold to think about it though. The brisk bitter wind blew against my face. I wish I had packed a jacket. I thought rubbing my shoulders.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:00 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

The next morning I woke up under a giant dark green pine tree. I looked around, snow was still falling at the same rate it was yesterday. I rubbed my shoulders, the cold was almost unbearable for my body but I had to be though. Then a man came over to me, he was taller with brown spiked hair and very broad shoulders. He wore a short sleeve dress shirt and had a green backpack.

“Hello.” The man said.

“Hi.” I muttered through my teeth clanking against each other.

“You look cold, come with me.” I followed the man to the Pewter City Gym.

“Wait” I said stepping into the warm gym.

“How can you get in here are you the gym leaders assistant or something?” I continued.

The man chuckled at my question.

“No I’m not the gym leader’s assistant” He said.

“I’m the gym leader” He said with a grin.

“Really!” I said now more excited than ever.

“Will you battle me?” I was almost yelling now.

“Yes, yes all in time but first you should get some rest.” He said

“It’s not healthy to get into a gym battle after being in the middle of a blizzard for a long time.” The man continued.

The man took me to an empty guest bedroom. He told me to lie down in bed and get some rest. Right as I was turning the light off he started to speak.

“I’m Brock by the way.” He said with a smile.

“Padman is my name.” I said as we shook hands.

As he walked out of the door I turned the lights off. It was hard to go to sleep all that I could think about was that I have a battle tomorrow against the Pewter City Gym’s leader Brock.

Last edited by padman; 12-31-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:00 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

I got up the next morning and looked at the clock; it said 2:00 P.M.

“Oh, no!” I said throwing the covers off of me, jumping out of bed.

I got dressed in the same clothes I had been wearing for the past two days. They smelled a little but not too bad. Then I brushed my teeth, why I packed a toothbrush I don’t know, and ran downstairs. When I got down Brock was making lunch for all of his brothers and sisters. He looked up from the stove to me.

“Morning Padman” Brock said as he flipped a pancake.

“Hungry?” He said flipping it again.

“No thanks.” I said as my stomach growled.

I was just being polite and not taking other people’s food. I could really eat a horse maybe even 7 horses.

“Suit yourself” Brock said putting eggs on his little sister’s plate.

“I’ll get ready to battle after I finish breakfast.” He said taking off his apron.

“Okay.” I said.

“That sounds great” I continued with a grin.

We walked outside to the battlefield, it was still cold but it had stopped snowing.

“So what two Pokemon will you be using?” Brock said.

“Two Pokemon?” I said puzzled.

“Yes, two it’s a new elite four rule that all Pokemon battles are two versus two with two Pokemon out at a time.”

My palms started sweating and I couldn’t feel the cold at all. I didn’t know how to tell him that I have only one Pokemon.

“Umm, Brock?” I said.

“I only have one Pokemon” I said looking down at the ground.

“What?” He said.

“I only have one Pokemon.” I was as embarrassed as I had ever been.

Last edited by padman; 12-27-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:38 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

“Only One?” Brock said making me even more embarrassed.

“Yes.” I said looking anywhere but into Brock’s eyes.

“Well that’s okay.” He said with a smile.

“We can go catch a new Pokemon” He continued.

“Alright, but where should I go to catch Pokemon around here?” I said looking around to see what was in the distance.

“There is a forest just out of town we can go there.” Brock said.

“Okay, are we going now?” I said looking at my watch.

“No it’s too late to go now all the Pokemon are out in the morning all you will get at this time is Caterpies and Weedles.” Brock said.

“We’ll wake up early tomorrow to go catch it okay?” He said.

“Yep sounds perfect” I said.

I went upstairs to the guest bedroom and opened the suitcase I packed. I only packed three Pokeballs so I better be careful, I thought. I helped Brock around the house and looked at a Pokemon magazine I had brought for the rest of the day. It was about 8 o’clock at night when the doorbell rang, Brock answered it.

“I got a letter for someone named Padman.” The delivery man said.

I jumped up out of my seat in the living room and ran to man, he handed me the letter.

“Who do you think that’s from?” Said Brock.

“Beats me.” I said opening it.

I opened the letter and ready what it said inside.

Dear Padman,

You’re real predictable you know that? I knew you would start off at
the closest gym. I got your note saying that you wanted to prove us wrong.
You really didn’t have to do that we were just playin with ya but I’m not going to
try to stop you because I know once your motivated nothing stops you.
Kyle’s been worried sick about you and Sean feels real bad about making
fun of you and Magikarp. Well I have to go and make dinner for Kyle now.
Best of luck to you.

Your Brother,

Tim

I dropped the letter on the ground and ran up to my room, crying my eyes out the rest of the night because I was homesick. I didn't know how long I could last being away from home.

Last edited by padman; 12-31-2006 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:10 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

I woke up the next morning to Brock shaking me to get up.

“Come on we have to go and catch you a Pokemon.” He said, he was already dressed and ready to go.

“Okay, I’ll get ready” I said jumping out of bed.

I ran downstairs after I put on my clothes, fixed my hair, and brushed my teeth. When I got downstairs Brock told me to come outside. Once we got into the green grass in the front of the gym he sent out his Onix.

“We can ride Onix into the forest.” Brock explained.

“We will get there much faster that way.” He continued, climbing on Onix’s back.

I climbed on too and we started heading toward the forest. On the ride there I looked at all of beautiful trees. It was moments like these when I was just thankful to be alive. When we finally got there I jumped of Onix’s back and sprinted into the forest. Brock chased after me for a while but then gave up because I was too fast, he wasn’t in the best shape I’ve ever seen a person in. When I got to a stream I stopped to get a drink of water. I slashed some of it against my face; it was cool and refreshing on such a warm and humid day. I looked around it was nice to have times like these everyone and a while, a time to just appreciate nature and not have to worry about everything. Then I heard a moaning noise, it was coming from one of the trees. I walked over to check it out, as I moved closer to the tree the noise got louder. When I got to the tree I looked around, there was nothing around it but I could still hear the moaning coming from the tree. Then I looked inside a big hole in the middle of the tree. There was a bruised and beaten Growlithe inside of it. I took the Pokemon out of the hole; some cruel trainer must have abused it and abandoned it. I pet it a few times; it needed to go to a Pokemon Center and fast it was in terrible condition. I started running back the way I had came, catching a Pokemon would have to wait because this Pokemon needed medical attention so badly.

“Don’t you worry bud everything is going to be fine.” I said smiling to it.

I was running full speed until I was tripped by a vine whip attack. I looked around, out of the shadows of the forest came two boys from the West Side.

“Well look who it is!” The leader of the two said.

“Aint you a little far out of your territory?” said his friend.

“How about you mid you own business.” I said flexing my muscles to look tough.

The boys send out their Pokemon. One had a Bulbasaur the other a Squirtle. I sent out Magikarp and so the battle began.

Last edited by padman; 12-29-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:10 PM
padman Offline
Elite Trainer

“Magikarp use Water Gun on that Bulbasaur!” I screamed.

“Tackle Squirtle!” The boy with the green polo shirt and checkered shorts said.

Bulbasaur dodged the Water Gun and Magikarp was sent into a tree by Squirtle’s Tackle.

“Magikarp are you okay?” I said lifting it’s head up.

It flipped around a couple of times like it was saying I’m fine.

“Magikarp now use Tackle!” I shouted to the orange scaled fish.

The Tackle attack hit Squirtle hard but it got back up.

“Squirtle use Water Gun!” The boy said again.

“Bulbasaur use Vine Whip!” Shouted the other trainer, he wore a blue T-shirt and basketball shorts.

Both of the attacks hit Magikarp and it was out cold. I had no defense now and both of the Pokemon came at me. Then Growlithe jumped out of my hands, standing as tall as it could trying to intimidate them.

“Bulbasaur use Solar Beam! The trainer said with a smirk.

The Bulbasaur powered up for the Solar Beam but Growlithe didn’t even flinch. When the attack was unleashed Growlithe used Quick Attack to doge it, instead of hitting Growlithe it hit Squirtle ad knocked it out cold. The trainer in the green polo shirt ran over to its Squirtle. The other trainer looked at Growlithe.

“Bulbasaur use Vine Whip now! Screamed the trainer in frustration.

The long green vines wrapped around Growlithe’s neck, strangling it. Growlithe then reared its head back and unleashed a sweltering Ember at the opposing Pokemon. Bulbasaur fainted the second the burning attack hit him. Growlithe smiled, his feet were trembling because it was so weak and ill. I ran over to pet it but before I could get there it collapsed to the ground. I picked it up and stroked its red-orange and black coat.

“You were great buddy.” I said to sleeping Growlithe.

Then the two trainers I had just beaten jumped out from the trees with some of their older friends. The older friends sent out much stronger Pokemon, a Dragonite, a Nidoking, and a Rhydon. They charged at me, and then a rock tail hit all of the Pokemon away along with their trainers. It was Brock’s Onix that had been the rock tail.

“Friends of yours?” Brock said returning his Onix into its Pokeball.

“Not really.” I said as I explained the Growlithe story to him on the way the Pokemon Center.

Last edited by padman; 12-30-2006 at 11:51 PM.