Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default [Vol 1] Shadows of the Future - The End. Comments in the thread are allowed now.

Shadows of the Future

Prologue

Ancient times... The only fear of mankind were the shadows. Shadows in itself weren’t dangerous or frightening; it was what had become of the shadows, that struck terror into everyone’s heart. The balance between evil and good had been thrown off, and those with a dark heart had gathered within the halls of Castle Kaios. Those who had remained pure only lost their shadow, which was a strange sight to see during the day when the sun was high and there wasn’t a single shadow to see. This was because of a curse, a curse which had been spoken by a dark wizard who went by the name of Chaodes. He had been wanting to rule the world for ages, and many thought he would actually succeed.
Until one day a bright, white sphere formed above the city of Goldenrod which lay at the castle’s steps. A shape emerged. It was a strange shape, which looked like that of a bird. It spread its wings, and the city was filled with light. Shadows returned to their owners, and the bird figure flew off towards the castle. Moments later, the inhabitants of Goldenrod watched the castle crumble to the ground, and Chaodes came running down the dark, stone steps. He was caught, locked up and was later executed.
The bird was never seen again. No one had a clue who or what it was, many didn’t know whether to worship it or to fear it. But no matter what, that bird still went down into history as the savior of the world.

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Last edited by Focal; 04-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default Re: Shadows of the Future

Intro

Years later, in the city of Goldenrod, a young boy awakens at the crack of dawn. He gets out of bed, grabs his towel and heads to the bathroom to take a shower.
While washing his hair, he can’t stand thinking of what he’ll have to do today. His job is a difficult one, if you don’t have a Pokémon to help you out. This is why he does it, so he can afford a special one. Little does this young man know that he won’t have to wait as long as he thought. There will be no more long hours working on the construction of the new Radio Tower. There will be no more injuries in the hope he’d finish early and receive a nice tip for his hard work. Instead, something else was about to happen, the minute the boy stepped out of the door.
We return to our main character as he puts on his shoes and unlocks the front door. He takes a step outside into the bright rays of the sun. He looks up, and proclaims that it’ll be a beautiful day… but he was wrong. He hadn’t even reached the front gate when it started to rain. Dark clouds rolled over the sky and great, big raindrops fell from the heavens. The sound of thunder echoed throughout the street, a flash, and a tree was struck. The tree caught fire, but it seemed nobody noticed, even though it was in the middle of the street. Strangely, it seemed that no one even noticed the storm that had suddenly appeared.
Our hero quickly ran to the tree while carrying a bucket, hoping to get some water out of the river nearby to put out the flames. He yelled around for help, but nobody heard him. Nobody took any notice of him. Instead, they all faded away like they didn’t even exist. The boy dropped his bucket, and slowly walked towards the burning tree. He touched the flames, and they were cool. He then pushed both his hands through the flames to touch the tree. There was another bright flash, and the flames disappeared. The boy started to yell, for he was absorbing the flames. His eyes turned a bright white, and then he managed to let go. He looked down at his hands and he noticed they had been marked with a strange symbol. It had the shape of an eye, with a small dot in the middle. He had no idea what this meant. He took one more look at the tree, which was now back to normal, and noticed a beige-colored egg laying at the roots of the tree. The boy picked up the egg, and once again his hands started to burn. It was an intense surge of pain, like he hadn’t felt before. And as suddenly it had started, it ended in the same manner. What the boy had felt was never known. He never told anyone what he had witnessed, for no one would believe him. He had quit his job the next day under unknown circumstances. He just stayed at home the next few days and took good care of the egg, hoping it would hatch soon. And this is how the legends of old are renewed, and this time the battle will be longer and more difficult to attend to…

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 01-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 1: Like a Samurai - Part 1

[Narrator]
Days after days the young man Robert sat by the egg. He was very curious about what would hatch from it. He was hoping a Pokémon of course, but with his luck it would’ve been an over-sized bird. His eyes were tired from staying up so late, looking for information on the internet about the egg, hoping to find its origin. His results: nothing.
Robert stood up from his wooden chair, and stretched his arms out in front of him. He decided to take a walk through town, getting some sun.
He walked to the front hallway, picked up his keys from the small table and was about to open the door when he heard a noise.
He immediately ran back to the living-room, full of excitement. But his heart sank, for there stood a tall man, pointing a gun at Robert, while holding the egg under his free arm.

[Robert’s Point of View]
“Wh-who are you?” I stuttered, trying to stay as calm as possible.
“That’s none of your damn business, for your life won’t last much longer,” he proclaimed. He started to pull the trigger, and before he could I turned around and darted away. I heard the gunfire, and I heard something crumble downstairs, followed by quick and thunderous footsteps, meaning the stranger had started the pursuit.

As I dashed up to the attack, the man had fired a couple more times, only barely missing me. While climbing the last flight of stairs, my foot got caught on one of the steps. I slipped and started to fall backwards, right onto the man who hadn’t seen me coming. We crashed to the ground, and both the gun and egg flew over the floor. The gun was lying a few feet away, while the egg had reached the stairs… and started to roll down them.

“NO!” I yelled, and stumbled up, only receiving a punch in the stomach. I turned my face to the man, and hit him as well. He hit me again, harder this time, and then stretched out his hand for the gun. I knew that what I had to do was both foolish and dangerous, but I had to save the egg, and my own life. I hit the man again to distract him, and he managed to push me away, even closer to the shiny weapon on the ground. It wasn’t the gun though. The man had picked up the metal pistol, and pointed it at me, only to widen his eyes in shock.
I had grabbed a long, steel samurai sword, which was once hanging on the wall. The force of the fight must’ve knocked it down somehow. The shiny blade was against the man’s throat, and I could see blood seeping from where I had the blade pressed up against.
“You wouldn’t dare. You don’t have the guts to-”

And that was as far as he got. I had slit his throat with the sword, not knowing where I had sapped the courage from, but I had done it. I found the sword holder close to the stairs, so I put the sword back after wiping it clean with the cloth that was sold separately.
I kept the sword with me, and headed downstairs and picked up the egg. But it was only half an eggshell. I peered inside. There wasn’t anything in the egg, and when I went around the corner, I saw the other half hanging, no… floating towards the ceiling.

“What the… eggshells can’t fly… can they?” I was amazed. I watched the shell go round and round, and suddenly it fell. It broke into several pieces, and I then realized it wasn’t the shell floating, it was a bird carrying the egg. I took a closer look to find out that it was a Hoothoot.

The small owl Pokémon looked down at me, and gave a feeble hoot, before flying into my arms.

“No frickin’ way. I… have a Pokémon?”

To be continued...

Old 01-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 1: Like a Samurai - Part 2

[Narrator]
It was a strange sight to see. The house was pretty messed up, a dead body was lying on the upstairs floor, its head hanging over the top stair, broken eggshells were over the living room floor and a boy holding an owl. Who would’ve guessed that not too long ago, this boy was as harmless as Saint Nick himself, and was working extremely hard to get a Pokémon. Now he had one. The bird itself was for free, but it still had come with a price. Murder.

[Robert’s Point of View]
“So I murdered him. It was self-defense. But it still doesn’t make it right… I have to leave,” I had thought aloud. I decided to just shove the body into the bathroom, while grabbing some stuff to my room. I threw some food and clothes in my backpack, along with a flashlight, and I quickly left the house, grabbing the steel sword on the way out. On my way to the front gate, I bumped into someone who was dropping by for a visit.

“Whoa, Robert, slow down! You just might kill someone,” I heard.

I shuddered when I heard that. I ignored it and looked up. There stood Chris, a boy close to my own age, and one of my closest friends. He stuck out his hand to help me up, and I took it. He pulled me back to my feet, and then gasped, while gazing at my Hoothoot in awe.

“You too?” he said.

“What do you mean by that?”

“I also have one! It was so strange… the tree in front of my house was on fire, but no one could help me. Instead, they just… vanished,” he explained.

“Then you touched the tree, and noticed the flames weren’t dangerous, right? Then after it was over you found an egg lying at the roots?” I asked, not so surprised.

“Yeah, so you had the same thing? I wonder what it means. It should have something to do with these symbols on my hands…” he said, while showing me the palms of his small hands.

I took a look and saw an eye shape with a dot on both hands, the same markings that had been burned into my own.

“We definitely need to figure out what’s going on, but I have to tell you something first…”

We walked back towards my door, where I stood still. I fixed my gaze upon Chris and told him about the stranger that had tried to kill me and steal the egg. I told him how I had cut his throat with the samurai sword, and his jaw just dropped. Instead of saying something, he started to walk away while beckoning me to follow. I quickly caught up to him, with Hoothoot flying above my head, and we started to head to Chris’ house. When we arrived, he led me upstairs and up to his attic… where a body was laying.

“Oh my God… how… how’d you do it?” I asked, not believing that the same thing was happening to Chris.

He pointed to the floor and I saw two, large daggers, drenched in crimson colored liquid, which could only be blood. When I looked back at the man lying there, I noticed two gashes in his chest, and you could even see his heart, which was cleaved in half.

We’re murderers… something wasn’t right. We couldn’t stand up for ourselves no matter what. And then to suddenly grab a weapon and kill someone? This couldn’t be us doing this. Someone or something was controlling us, and we were determined to find out whom, but we couldn’t start right away, for even more trouble had come around the corner.

Three large men had come banging up the stairs, and when they reached the top floor, they reached into their coats, and they all pulled out a gun, which they pointed at us. One of them men had his pointed at Hoothoot, making sure he wouldn’t try anything to ruin this.

“Very nice. Each of you managed to kill a trained assassin, which isn’t easy. Meaning he’s getting stronger now… we can’t let that happen. The minute his grip takes full control of you two, Goldenrod will be the first to suffer the memories of the past, and all other cities within Kanto, and even those from other regions will have to face the shadows of the future!” the man screamed, frightening the small owl flying above.

Then without warning, the man had pulled the trigger. I heard Chris scream, and so did the three men. I looked at Chris, and saw his shoulder had just been grazed by a bullet, and when I turned my eyes back to our killers, I thought I saw things double.

Two Hoothoot were pecking at the men, leaving deep cuts and gashes in their hands, heads and chests. The only logical explanation would be that the other Hoothoot was Chris’. This is where I decided the time was right to strike.

I jumped over to the lifeless body of Chris’ assassinator, and grabbed the two blades lying next to it. I pushed myself up ftom the ground, and hurled one of the blades at the fighting group, which cut through the air and hit one of the men in the back. I rushed over and pushed the blade deeper, then removed it and quickly took a spin, slashing open the other men’s chests.

Blood was flying everywhere, leaving stains on the floor, the weapons, and my clothes and even in Hoothoot’s feathers.

The men fell to the floor, while I watched the life energy leave their bodies. They made a strange sound, and finally their eyes shut. They were dead.

Last edited by Focal; 01-29-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Focal Offline

Chapter 2: The end?

[Narrator]
So he had done it again. This murdering business was starting to become a routine in Robert’s life. So far he had killed four assassins, meaning he was ahead of Chris by three. It wasn’t a pretty sight to see. There were corpses everywhere, bloodstains all over the floor and walls, pieces of flesh lying around and of course, the sharpened weapons covered with crimson colored blood.

[Chris’ point of view]
“Robert… what’s going on?” I asked, “Why do we have assassins on our trail? My theory is that it has something to do with… what are you doing?”

Robert had kneeled down of the floor and I saw him going through the men’s clothes, as if in search for something. I saw him look at me, and pull a silver colored cell phone out of one of the pockets.

He flipped it open and pressed a few buttons. Within seconds he had the phone up to his ear, and I heard a click, meaning someone had answered.

“No, we’re not them. They’re dead. Try harder next time, and maybe you should send more men,” Robert had said in a dangerous tone.

I moved closer to understand what was going on at the other end of the phone.

“…than I expected. But you won’t succeed again. You think these were real assassins? Hah! They were mere rookies, loaded with all sorts of wires, which you slashed up, but luckily the camera is still…” I saw Robert walk over to one of the men, and he stamped on his throat, and I heard a loud crack. He walked back to me and I listened:

“Was… still intact. How the hell did you know where it was?”

“Simple. It wasn’t hooked up to his collar anymore. So, have you got enough information about us? Or should we kill some more of your men so you can steal our techniques?”

“HAHAHA!! TECHNIQUES! You call those techniques? Hacking and slashing around like a maniac? Pfft. No, if you want techs and skills, then you’ll receive them. I just hope you survive the lesson. I hope to see you two soon, when you’re ready to hand over the birds,” the man finally said, and hung up.

Robert closed the phone, and then crushed it in his bare hands. He turned to me, his eyes filled with rage.

“Umm… are you all right?” I asked carefully.

He shoved the two blades into my hands and then rushed out of the door. I followed him, downstairs, into the hallway, then onto the street. He turned his quick pace into a sprint, and I saw him running like the wind, towards his house.

I had followed him, and when I arrived, I saw something incredible. Horrible, yet incredible.

Robert was sitting on his front porch, crying softly, surrounded by more corpses. Robert’s sword was lying in front of him, covered in blood. I tried to count how many more people had died, but Robert interrupted me.

“Thirteen. There are nine here, one inside and the other three are at your house. Nice number to quit killing right? Thirteen? Heh… I think we should get going. Come on Hoothoot, we should get going," he said.

Robert got up and started to head my way. When he reached me, he threw a punch at my face. I fell to the ground and then received a kick in the ribs. My Hoothoot started to peck Robert furiously, trying to protect me. Robert grabbed the bird and tossed it as hard as he could… against the house. CRACK! The small owl slowly slid down the wall, leaving a large crack where it had hit. I looked up at Robert, who then kicked me in the face, and I felt my nose break. I let out a scream, and Robert walked away, taking no notice of the people around. Hoothoot gave me a hard peck attack, and then followed his master.

I lay there, covered in blood, a broken nose, covered in cuts from Hoothoot’s sharp beak and I might’ve had a few broken ribs.

I saw many people swarm around me, helping me up, and then the medics came to carry me into the ambulance that had just arrived.

“Bot… witut… Ootoot…” I had tried to say “Not without Hoothoot,” but my lips were all swollen that I couldn’t utter a single word properly. Luckily, someone had already rushed over to Hoothoot and brought him over to me, and gently laid him on my chest.

I could hear the sirens of the ambulance as we rushed to the closest hospital, and more sirens came from the police cars heading back towards the massacre that had taken place in front of Robert’s house.

Hours later I awoke in a clean bed, my face covered in bandages and gauze pads were covering my body. I tried to turn and let out a gasp. I threw back the covers as carefully as possible and saw a large bruise had formed at my side.

A man dressed in a white suit had walked into the room. He looked at some monitors around me and wrote something on his chart. He then looked at me and smiled.

“You scared us, Chris,” the man said. His eyes were deep and they had a cold look to them. I took a closer look at his smile, and I saw it form into something evil. His smile curled up into something twisted and I saw his eyes pull together. This was no real doctor. This had to be another assassin!

I tried to cry for help, but my face was too swollen and the bandages didn’t help too much either. I tried to get out of the bed and run for it, but to my astonishment I noticed straps had been put around my ankles, making it impossible for me to escape.

“Calm down, Chris. This will be over soon…” he said, while pulling out a shiny needle. He pushed it down a bit to push out left over air, and he pulled the chest and arm straps over me as well. He then gave me another evil smile, and then put the needle into me arm, and squirted the liquid, whatever it was, into me. I started to calm down, and my eyes were drooping. I stared at the man, who had disposed of the needle. He glanced at me, and started to laugh.

“You really thought you could defy him? Trying to break free of his grip? Those assassins you took out, those weren’t of our clan. Those were from some faction trying to stop us, and you. You formed a danger to both groups, but why? Look at how helpless you are,” he finished with a sinister chuckle.

He waved farewell and left the room, but not without closing and locking the door first.

Within seconds my eyelids had dropped, and I knew that this was the end…

Last edited by Focal; 01-29-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Focal Offline

Chapter 3: Man Hunter

[Narrator]
Now Chris is taken out, we should focus on Robert right? Who knows what his intentions were to do such a thing to Chris. Maybe he was being controlled by the same person they had called, or the one that made them murder in the first place. Whoever was behind this, they were ruthless. They have dark meanings and evil intentions for the world. But why Chris? Everything the “doctor” was talking about were all Robert’s actions. I guess we shouldn’t ponder anymore, but instead follow Robert around.

[Robert’s point of view]
I walked into the police station, carrying the sword in my right hand and a shiny gun in my left. An officer looked up and fell out of his chair when he saw me. He yelled for assistance, and received a bullet that I had fired at his head, which went straight through his skull. All other officers grabbed their guns and started to fire back, some trying to take me on using fists. I started to dash about, slashing and shooting, killing everyone in sight. I received many hits, kicks and shots from the guns. The sword was once again stained with blood, and so was I. The numbers of officers quickly rekindled, for they had called for backup from other precincts. The doors flew open and I jumped behind a desk while piling two bodies in front of me, using them as a barrier. I heard the machine guns firing everywhere, while some stood focused on the table I was under. I was safe for now, at least, until the gunfire stopped.

And sure enough, not too long after they had ceased fire. I quickly stood up, now holding two guns, and started firing at the officers. It didn’t matter that they had machineguns, for I had surprised them and with two guns now, things went fast. Soon I had halved their number, and had to duck behind the desk again, looking for some magazines to reload the guns. Instead I threw them away, and picked up a smoke grenade I found in one of the desk drawers. It went off, and everyone started to yell and cough. They started shooting again, and I grabbed another pistol from the ground and fired without knowing where everyone was. I heard someone shriek in pain, meaning I had hit something. The officers obviously figured out where I was, because they started shooting in my direction.

I dove back behind the desk, and started to run through the doorway behind me. I saw an SMG lying on the ground, and picked it up. I pressed my body against the wall and peered around the corner. The smoke was clearing, the units had stopped firing and they were heading my way. I took aim and took down a few more. I heard someone yell from the radio “Requesting backup! Send the SWAT! The one who slaughtered all those people this afternoon is here at precinct 12, and is on a manhunt! The only survivors would be us for the moment! I repeat, requesting backup!”

I took aim again, and killed the man who was requesting assistance. No one was going to rescue them while I was around. I took a step forward and stood still in the doorway. Everyone pointed their guns at me but hesitated when they saw they were dealing with a mere teenager. Hesitation during a massacre is the most stupid thing you can do, I thought.

“LEEEEEROOOOOYY… JEEEEENKIIIIINSSSS!” I yelled out, and started firing again.

The bullets hit those who were still alive, and when that happened you could see the blood flowing from their bodies, and bits of flesh flying. They usually fell to the floor immediately, but there were those who started to fire while falling to the floor, dying.

Within seconds, I was the only man standing. I rushed throughout the precinct, and bashed through the door leading to the roof, and saw a chopper on the landing zone.
I opened the door and took place behind the stick, and suddenly I realized I couldn’t fly. I already had trouble riding a bike.

I didn’t think about it that much, and before I could start ignition, I was thrown with my face at the windshield. I heard the door swing open and someone kicked me out of the chopper. I fell to the ground and tried to shoot at whoever was doing this, but I was too late. The person landed on my chest, pulled my gun away and threw it into the helicopter.

I tried to look at whoever it was, but he or she wouldn’t allow it. The person started to bash my face, leaving many wounds, and soon I realized this wasn’t a grownup. The fist was too small for instance, and I noticed he was pretty small and scrawny too, when I managed to kick him off of me. I stood up, and pulled out my sword, pushing it against the boy’s neck, which wouldn’t help, for he had also put his two blades to my throat. I heard a soft hoot, and my Hoothoot had come flying down, where he had been staying to avoid danger. He saw the other owl and they immediately started fighting.

I looked straight ahead and saw a heavily bandaged boy, filled with rage, and holding two sharp blades in his hands.

“Well Chris, it would seem that you’re alive,” I said.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Focal Offline

Chapter 4: A bit of history

[Narrator]
What was that? Did he say Chris? Let’s find out…

[Unknown point of view]
“Robert… I don’t know what the hell’s gotten into you, but I can’t allow you to continue. While I was in the hospital, a strange man came in and tried to kill me. At least, that’s what I thought. It seems he injected some kind of memory serum into my body, bringing me back to the roots of what happened many years ago. I’ll tell you a bit about these memories, if you lower your sword,” I said quietly.

He lowered his sword, and I only lowered one, for he couldn’t be trusted. I started my story.

“Well, several years ago, on the grounds where the Radio Tower is now, laid a castle. This castle contained dark magic and intentions, and was ruled by some man called Chaodes. The castle was called Castle Kaios. Chaodes had done everything he could to take over everything in his path, but he eventually failed. Because you see,” I continued, now sounding more serious, “A bird had come flying along. It flew to the castle, and suddenly the people could see Chaodes running down the steps leading to the castle. He was quickly captured and was later executed, but the bird was never seen again. Isn’t that strange?” I asked.

“A bird… you mean a Hoothoot?”

“No, that’s what’s so strange. Obviously fate wanted us to do something about this, since Chaodes is rising again. But it wasn’t a Hoothoot or even its evolution, but it was a Xatu that had finished off Chaodes’ reign of terror. So why would fate send us two common Pokémon, instead of the rare Natu, which could save Goldenrod and the rest of the world again? The serum didn’t have an answer, but I do,” I said while waiting patiently for Robert’s reaction.

“When I think about it, I have an idea too. When you compare Hoothoot and Natu, you’ll see that they could be counterparts of each other. Sure, they’re different types, color, size, and etcetera. But they’re still birds that can control the psychic energy around us. Is that what you were going to say, Chris?” he asked, while a grin formed on his smashed up face.

I nodded. He caught on quickly, meaning the murdering hadn’t messed up his brains yet. Before I could open my mouth again, Robert shoved his sword deep into my leg. I screamed and tears came to my eyes, and I tried to slit his throat, but he was vanishing in front of my eyes, along with both Hoothoot. He waved and whispered “I’ll see you soon”.

He disappeared, which made me come to the conclusion that Chaodes was using some kind of magic on him and Hoothoot.

The door behind me crashed open, and a bunch of men with “SWAT” labeled on their vests came rushing in. I quickly turned and ran to the edge of the building, while being followed by the SWAT members and bullets. When I reached the ledge, I dove over.

I heard someone yell “NO” and I looked back up to see them pointing their guns down at me, and they pulled the trigger. I turned my head back to the ground, and only just realized that it was pretty stupid to throw myself off of the ledge of an eight-story building. This wasn’t just any precinct Robert had attacked, it was the main precinct. It had been named “Precinct 12” to create confusion. Don’t ask why, I’m don’t serve the law; instead I’ve been breaking it lately.

I thought that this time I would really end up dead, but yet again I was saved. I saw my hands and arms shimmer, and I spread my arms like a bird and I had vanished into thin air. I was being teleported to wherever Chaodes and Robert were.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Focal Offline

Chapter 5: Castle Kaios

[Narrator]
So Chris wasn’t really murdered, instead the man had helped him. But who was he?

[Chris’ point of view]
I had arrived in front of a large building, and I noticed it was at the same spot as where the Radio Tower was being built. But when I took a look around, I noticed this wasn’t Goldenrod as I knew it. This wasn’t even the right time! Chaodes has broken the barriers of time and space!

“No way… but how? Does magic really exist then?” I said while staring at the large castle with awe.

Chris… Chris…

What was that? Someone was calling… no, whispering my name. Whoever it was, they sounded familiar, but I just couldn’t put my finger on it…

Instead of worrying about it, I started to dash up the stone steps leading up to Castle Kaios, avoiding the sharp spikes which covered the path and I decided to kill anyone I came across. If I had to fight against Chaodes or Robert, I could use the training and the skill to become as ruthless and merciless as they. No, it wasn’t something to be proud of. But it was necessary at this moment.

When I looked up, I saw a large, purple bird fly towards the castle. I shouted out with glee. That was Xatu! Chaodes went back to the time before he was defeated, meaning the Xatu was going to do it again, and maybe even release his grip on Robert!

I heard a shout, and a loud screech, which sounded a lot like a bird. I decided to hurry and started to run faster. I reached the front arch and bashed the large oak doors open. The castle was empty. All it had was a flight of stairs, which led upwards. I quickly went up them, but tripped right away. I blushed and started to ascend the stairs.

I heard more shrieks coming from above, and I saw someone dressed in a black robe come running down the stairs. He stopped when he was about twenty steps ahead of me. He stared down, and said:

“Yes, Chris… I wondered when you would arrive. I’m sure you’d like to see me defeat that blasted bird and become the ruler of this world? You thought the bird beat me, right? Guess again! I came down to mislead you, and so you could witness the end of the so called “savior”!” he cackled evilly.

“Wait! You were executed! How did you come back?” I was astonished.

“No matter how hard anyone tries to murder another being, the life energy shall always linger. My energy stayed around Goldenrod, and it grew stronger, but not strong enough. I had reached the height of my power, and I knew it would be impossible to return. I needed a body to call my own, but my powers wouldn’t allow it. Instead, you and Robert came along and were marked by the sacred one. Only… as you two continued with your lives, Robert murdering everyone, and you staying quiet, the shapes changed. Your marking should still be the shape of an eye, right?”

I looked down at my hand, and indeed, they were still eye like, but now they were glowing a bright azure. It could sense the presence of Xatu, the holy bird. I looked back up at Chaodes, and he started to laugh.

I then saw Robert materialize in front of him, with his back to me. I heard him whisper something and Chaodes nodded. Robert then drew his blade and drove it into Chaodes’ stomach.

Chaodes gave a slight utter of pain, and then Robert retracted his sword and cut off the former Dark Mage’s head. I couldn’t believe it. Robert had done what I was hoping to do.

“Robert! You’re back… no,” I started cheerfully, but then I ended with a sad tone.

Robert had turned to face me, and I saw him wearing a dark cloak marked with a strange symbol, and his eyes were as red as rubies. The symbol that decorated his cloak had also been burnt into his forehead and his hands. This symbol was strange… They were six small stripes, divided into two separate groups. Three on one side, three on the other. I couldn’t see what this symbol represented.

“Chris… Xatu is dead. While Chaodes went to meet you, I finished off that damned bird. It became Chaodes’ downfall, but it shall not become mine. Now it’s time you join all those I’ve slain. Maybe you’d like to see your Hoothoot again?” he said while glancing at my hands that were now on my blades.

“Hoothoot… you didn’t… you can’t have! You’re going too far, Robert! I shall strike you down with swift accuracy and sheer strength!” I said angrily.

He started to laugh. He didn’t believe me. Neither did I, but before I could say another word, I heard a loud screech and I saw something fall onto the steps in front of us. It was a bird, Hoothoot. But it wasn’t mine… mine wasn’t that big, and it wasn’t black either.

I looked up, and so did Robert. We then saw another bird fly down, but not because the gravity was pulling him, but he was flying himself. This wasn’t Hoothoot though. This bird was much larger, and it now showed two feet instead of one. Its beak was a bit bigger as well. Hoothoot had evolved into Noctowl.

“That’s impossible!” I heard Robert scream, right before the owl had landed safely on my shoulder.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Focal Offline

Chapter 6: Until death do us part

[Narrator]
Robert was filled with rage that his Hoothoot had failed in his duty to finish off Chris’ Hoothoot. But he didn’t have much chance against it when it evolved into Noctowl. There they stood now. Chris with a smirk on his face and the Noctowl with his chest buffed up with pride.

[Robert’s point of view]
“So you think you’re safe now? Slaying Xatu was no problem, why would Noctowl be any different?” I yelled.

I darted forward but was thrown back onto the hard stairs. Noctowl’s eyes were glowing with an eerie blue light, which was what had happened to me. It had used a psychic move.

“Damnit! Chris… you may be proud to have a Noctowl, but I have a psychic bird as well. The most powerful one ever! It is this bird that gave many people the courage to tear down Castle Kaios and build the Radio Tower, using his silvery feather as inspiration! I would like you to meet… Lugia!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

[Chris’ point of view]
The ground started to shake, and I saw Robert cast a spell which teleported us somewhere else, and I think it was the top of the castle.

Towers were crumbling to the ground, bits of debris plummeted to the grounds below, and I saw many people below point and shout and do anything but run up to the castle and try to help. Half of the city of Goldenrod was evacuating.

When I turned back to face Robert, I saw a dark aura cover him, and he stepped backwards to the edge, breathing heavily.

“Chris… this is the final battle… I hope you enjoy it, and don’t forget to send me a postcard from the afterlife!” he screamed again, and fell backwards.

I thought he was rambling and then committed suicide, but it seemed I was wrong.

I saw him rise back up, and I heard the flapping of wings. Noctowl flew up into the air, getting ready to fight. A few seconds later, enormous silver wings were beating against the air, ascending to new heights. Not much longer and Robert was laughing maniacally while a large silver head emerged from the side of the castle. It let out a loud roar, which made me think of a dragon. He started flapping his wings harder and he soared into the dark sky, and finally landed with a crash on the castle. He shook his head then let out another roar, which nearly blew me away. Robert stopped laughing and started to chant some strange words. Noctowl flew towards the new Dark Mage and tried to stop him, but he only received a large smash from Lugia’s wing. Noctowl was knocked back, but regained balance before he fell to his doom. Noctowl landed next to me, looking exhausted and weakened.

“Lugia… I thought you were a being of pureness, or so the legends foretold,” I said softly.

I then realized the legends didn’t matter right now. Lugia had been consumed by darkness, and there was nothing to do about it. I started to cry softly, for all hope seemed lost.

“Come on Chris, fight me! You wanted to do this, now come on! We shall fight until death do us part! WHAHAHAHAHAHAA!”

My tears were burning, but I didn’t look at Robert. Instead, my attention was pulled away from the defeat ahead of me to something strange that was shining in the horizon.

Robert noticed I was lost, so he took a look himself. When he saw the two shining dots coming this way, he ordered Lugia to head over there. Lugia quickly pulled up and raged off after the sparkles.

I ran to the edge and Noctowl followed. I glared at the star like things, and noticed they were birds. Pure white birds, that looked a lot like…

“Xatu and Natu! Unbelievable! Many thought them to be rare, yet here there are some more! The rumors of them being holy must’ve been true though, just look at them shine… they have hope sparkling all over their feathers,” I said, finally glad that there was hope again.

Noctowl suddenly flew up and headed over there to join them. I watched as my own Pokémon went to join the fight against the Dark Lugia, and I prayed for their victory.

Even though as much as I’d like to watch the fight, it wasn’t possible, for Robert had appeared right behind me.

“FIGHT!” he screamed.

I quickly grabbed my blades to defend myself form his sword that had only missed my nose. I pushed him away and tried to stab him, missing. I don’t know who was at a better advantage, me or him? I had two blades, and I was smaller than him, making it easier to move around. Whereas he had one blade but still had more power than me. He was also more skilled when it came to fighting, since he had recently taken up the full time job of killer.

I dodged the blade that had come crashing down, and managed to stab Robert in his side, hopefully his liver. With my other blade I blocked the sword the tried to slice me in two.

We both jumped back, panting. Robert closed his eyes and started to chant. This was my chance. I saw a dark aura form around his sword as I leaped forward, but was thrown back again. He had protected himself with a dark shield. Now his blade seemed more powerful, he swung it my way. I would’ve laughed, had I not known what was going to happen. Admit it; trying to kill something with a sword from five feet away isn’t smart. But I knew that he was chanting for a reason. When he swung his sword, a small ball of dark energy had been fired off in my direction. I covered my face with my hands, hoping I would survive this hit.

I felt my hands burn, and I also realized I wasn’t dead. I did hear Robert shout, however. When I opened my eyes, I saw the markings on my hand glowing azure again. I also noticed an aura of pure light around me. Robert was nowhere in sight. Neither were Noctowl, Natu, Xatu or Lugia. I wasn’t even at the castle anymore. I was in some twilight realm, where everything was pure. There was only white, a blinding bright white.

“Chris… finally we can make contact,” I heard from behind me.

It was that voice from before, right before I entered Castle Kaios. I recognized the voice, and when I turned around, my eyes slowly filled with tears again. I rushed over to the owner of the voice and hugged him, who hugged me back.

“Dad…” I said.

“Yes Chris, it’s me. Even though I’d love to spend more time with you, especially after seeing what you’ve been doing, we can’t waste any more time. The holy ones can’t hold up for much longer, and neither can Noctowl. Lugia is very powerful, and is a tough opponent. Only you can stop him and Robert, son,” he said with a concerned tone.

“Me? But I can’t beat Robert. He’s too good with a sword, and Lugia will kill me within a second,” I said, disappointed that I couldn’t stay any longer, but I knew there was a job that had to be done.

“Yes, you can. You have been marked by the holy ones; they shall grant you that power. All you need to do is focus. Use your blades if necessary, but I recommend you focus on firing the power from your hands to gain better grip on the power.”

“But what power? What if I can’t summon this strength? Then what? Dad? Dad!” I yelled out, for my father had become a mere shadow.

My eyes filled up with tears yet again, and my body started to fade. I was going back, but not before I heard the words ”Chris, you’ll be fine… trust me…”. When I arrived back at the castle, Robert was lying on the ground, clutching his side where I had pierced him. Lugia, Noctowl and the holy birds were closer now. It seemed Lugia wanted to rescue his master and murder me.

I dropped my blades, and stared at my hands. They were glowing with an essence so pure there was no way that today Goldenrod would fall due to my actions.

I closed my eyes and pointed my hands towards Lugia, and started to concentrate. I then started to say some strange words which I didn’t understand.

“Shinn do cuidenn in caerahn raga e suil a saeki cuihn do e ga sho…”

I opened my eyes to find myself holding a large ball of light, which looked like a miniature sun. I knew what to do. I faced Lugia, and slowly pulled my hands to my side, and then fired the energy ball straight at Lugia with all the might I could muster. Noctowl quickly flew out of the way, and so did Natu. Xatu, how ever, stayed behind to distract the dark one.

It was too late for Lugia. He turned to see his last few seconds flash by, while the ball hit his head and it didn’t only cause Lugia to shock with rage and pain, it also started to rip him apart. Slowly but steadily, bits of Lugia’s flesh, feathers, skin and bones started to fall from his body. Lugia twisted around in agony, but there was no more hope for it. I stood watching it fall to oblivion, and then I heard a loud explosion. The ball was stronger than I though. The castle started to shake again, and on the other side of where I was standing, it started to crumble apart. This must have meant that the explosion had broken the foundation of Castle Kaios, and that time was running out. I turned to face Robert, only to find out he disappeared.

I quickly ran over the ledge where he was just laying, and looked down. There was Robert, floating, waiting for me. He grabbed me by the collar and tossed me down, but there was no way I was going to die. I concentrated again, and I was floating within seconds. I floated up and stopped behind Robert, and before he could say a word, I gave him a head slam, sending him flying back onto the castle. I landed next to him, grabbed his sword that was lying nearby, and without saying a word, I drove it through his heart.

Robert sputtered a bit. I saw a trickle of blood ooze down from where I had slammed him, and he slowly passed away, but not before uttering a final spell…

Old 01-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Focal Offline

Default Re: Shadows of the Future - Finally ready for grading? :o

Chapter 7: The final showdown

[Narrator]
So Chris managed to defeat Lugia and Robert, but what happened to the holy birds and Noctowl?

[Chris’ point of view]
I watched Robert fade away slowly at my feet. I then realized that I had done it. I had slain the new Dark Mage and even his evil minion, Lugia. But where were Noctowl, Natu and Xatu?

When I turned around to search for them, I noticed Noctowl was falling to the ground. He landed with a loud thump on the hard stone floor, which made the castle to shake even more. When I looked up I saw Xatu and Natu… fighting.

“What the hell?” I said in astonishment.

I watched as the two holy birds bashed at each other, battling each other to death, or that’s what it seemed. They were firing off Psychic’s and Peck’s and all kinds of attacks at each other. And Noctowl had been a victim.

When I rushed over to the lifeless owl, I noticed Natu fall to the ground beside me. Xatu then came rushing down to finish me, but I managed to dodge. Noctowl sensed that I was in danger, for he scrambled to his feet and took flight. He headed for Xatu and started to battle fiercely.

“All right Noctowl, let’s do this! That’s what Robert must’ve done before he died; he converted Xatu to the dark side! But he didn’t have cookies, so he used a spell instead! Noctowl, you have to focus! Put up a reflective barrier!” I was amazed that I actually knew what my Noctowl could do.

Instantly, I saw Noctowl close his eyes and his body started to glow a light blue, and when he opened his eyes, Xatu was back and started to peck him. Noctowl merely hooted in laughter, for Reflect was protecting him from too much damage.

“Good job, Noct! Now take him down!” I shouted excitedly, hoping that I could bring my total victories to three today.

Noctowl flew away from the now dark colored bird, and Xatu fell forwards, losing its balance. Noctowl gave a loud shriek and flew with great speed towards Xatu, hitting it full on.

The Xatu was thrown through the air, but managed to regain balance quick enough. Its eyes had turned blue, and the aura around Noctowl had been removed. I thought Psychic would do damage, but I guess this was a different attack.

“Noctowl, you may have lost the barrier, but you still have the spirit! Use Confusion!” I screamed, starting to worry a bit now that the owl wasn’t protected anymore.

Noctowl’s eyes had also turned a bright blue, and Xatu was covered with the same colored aura. I watched in amusement as the Xatu was being thrown back and forth through the air. Noctowl had lost focus, and Xatu was free again, but it didn’t look to well…

It tried to use Psychic on Noctowl, but instead he hit himself! I saw as his body had yet again been covered with an aura, but this time he did less damage. He shook off the confusion, and then tried another attack. He spread his wings, and… nothing happened.
The bird had closed its wings again, and tried to take a breather.

“Okay Noctowl, I don’t know what that was, but be on your guard! Peck it!”

Noctowl swooped in for another attack, and started pecking madly at Xatu’s head. And so did Natu. Yes, it seemed Natu had recovered, and he decided to join the fight. It didn’t last long however, for it was still weakened and Xatu brushed it aside with a movement of his wing. He then saw an opening in the flurry of Noctowl’s attacks, and pecked him hard in the middle of his face. Noctowl fell back and nearly smashed into the ground again. He managed to recover in mid air and flew back up to where the battle should be.

I had then realized something about Xatu’s attack before Peck. It had to be Future Sight. This meant that it should be coming next time I tell Noctowl to attack again. That gave me an idea…

“Noctowl, use Foresight, and when you see something coming, get out of there!” I called out to him, hoping this would work.

I saw Noctowl’s eyes light up, but yellow this time. He searched around, and he swooped away, at the same time a large ball of dark energy had come flying his way. He hooted softly, and got back into battle position.

Xatu wasn’t too happy with this. I felt the castle shake again, and more crumbled off. The so called “holy bird” was now glowing crimson, and its eyes were also crimson colored. He opened his beak, and a small ball of energy formed within. Within seconds, the ball was enormous. And without warning, the ball had been reshaped into a long stream of energy, also known as Hyper Beam, and was heading straight for Noctowl, who couldn’t make it out in time.

The attack hit Noctowl straight on, and it made the owl shock with pain. Noctowl couldn’t stop screeching, and eventually, he just fell down to the castle, making it shake worse than ever now.

I couldn’t believe it. We had been defeated. Or had we? I clutched my head as something hard fell onto it. I looked down and noticed a shiny red and white orb was lying at my feet. It was a Pokéball.

”Chris… this is Dad… I’m sure you can use that. Good luck, son…”

But how? Xatu wasn’t weak enough yet, so there’s no way I could catch it…

It was as though my thoughts had been answered. Natu had flown back up and started to peck madly at the other bird, and quickly moved aside for the attack it had set up a while ago…

The same attack that had first been for Noctowl, had now been thrown at Xatu, which hit. There was no way for the purple bird to see that one coming, and respectively, it let out a shriek of pain when it took the blow.

I saw it fire one last attack at Natu, who dodged it, and then Xatu fell to the ground, shriveling up. It burst into flames, and it didn’t take long until it popped out its head from the ashes, but this time reborn as Natu. It had been reborn like a phoenix. It was very weak; meaning now was the perfect time. I threw the Pokéball down at the ugly bird, hoping it was weak enough to remain inside the ball. I kept my eyes on the ball while it started to shake. I saw it shake once… twice… thrice…

-----
EDIT: It's Natu I'm going for, not Xatu XD Just in case you as the grader or reader gets confused :P

Notes from me: Oh my God... I spent the past three hours or so finishing this up ._. I had nothing else to do and I had a lot of inspiration as you can tell :P

Last edited by Focal; 01-29-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Robert is too charming over AIM, and convinced me to do this for him.

Story: Swords, castles, mages, holy birds, epic battles ... like you said to me earlier, this is more like some role-playing game than a typical Pokemon story. I can't say anything bad about this section, since this is one of the more original stories I've seen in awhile. Parts of this reminded me of a Neil Gaiman novel, others reminded me of games I have played, and only when the Pokemon were mentioned did I remember that this is a Pokemon story. Wonderfully written with tons of things to make this fun and original (the narrator and the two character's sides, Lugia's appearance and all the violence), I think you've more than earned just the one Pokemon you were going for here. This is a great story, Robert!

Spelling/Grammar: I can't find any errors, really. Maybe you missed a few commas and didn't spell a word correctly or something, but that doesn't really matter. The plot and details alone would more than make up for them.

Length: This is way more than enough for a little Natu - you could have put something else in there and it would have been a successful capture! I'm impressed with the effort you put into this for such a common Pokemon ... not only does it say volumes about you as a writer, but it also makes me feel bad for me not putting so much into my Natu story. Perfect marks in this section.

Detail/Description: Just as impressive as the story itself. I could see everything, from all of the birds to the castle, the way the swords clashed as they met in battle, and so on. I'd post many examples of what I liked that made the story so fresh, but that would involve me quoting most of it ... heh. I'll just choose one for now.

Quote:
“No matter how hard anyone tries to murder another being, the life energy shall always linger. My energy stayed around Goldenrod, and it grew stronger, but not strong enough. I had reached the height of my power, and I knew it would be impossible to return. I needed a body to call my own, but my powers wouldn’t allow it. Instead, you and Robert came along and were marked by the sacred one. Only… as you two continued with your lives, Robert murdering everyone, and you staying quiet, the shapes changed. Your marking should still be the shape of an eye, right?”
It's just dialogue, but look at how much it reveals. Amazing. There were plenty of other places where people were speaking and in just your writing where I could really see everything in my head, and this played almost like a movie when I was reading. This was well worth the three hours or so you spent on it just now. Excellent work.

Battle: Just as action-packed and wild as everything else in this odd tale. I'm a big fan of role-playing games and the like, so it was cool to see swords in a Pokemon battle for once. The fight with Lugia and Chris was done well, and I love how you did the battle with all of the birds ...

Quote:
I watched as the two holy birds bashed at each other, battling each other to death, or that’s what it seemed. They were firing off Psychic’s and Peck’s and all kinds of attacks at each other.
The final fight with Natu, while not as good as those other battles, was still enough for the bird and I like how he still had a chance, despite the obvious disadvantages. He put up a good fight, and the way you described the attacks was beyond good - I was almost sad not to see more swords, but Pokemon attacks are still part of the story, I suppose. Like everything else, good work here. I'm impressed with your abilities.

Outcome: Natu Captured! - No questions asked, this is just wonderful.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Focal Offline

Meg, that's more than enough compliments than I can handle ^_^"

I was going for 2 Natu at first, 1 to keep and 1 to trade, but I decided to twist the story around XD It turned out in the end, anyways ;D

I hope you'll be able to read Shadows of the Past and Shadows of the Present :D

I'll get up the last bit of the story soon, and thanks again very much Meg ^_^

Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Focal Offline

The ball stopped wiggling, and I sighed heavily. It was over. Robert had been defeated, as well as Lugia and even the Holy Bird, Xatu.

I stumbled over and picked up the ball, and crashed to the ground. Noctowl gathered up enough strength to crawl over to me, and I smiled at the bird.

"You did great, Noctowl. We won," I said.

Noctowl hooted feebly, and as I got up I put the ball into my pocket and picked the owl up. I concentrated will all my might, and managed to teleport us to the foot of Castle Kaios, where we stood silently, staring at the building where we had accomplished our greatest task.

I turned away and returned to Goldenrod, ready for a long rest...

-----

Several weeks later...

"Natu, bring this message to Blackthorn, tell them I'll be coming next week. Noctowl, I want you to head over to Cianwood and bring me some more of their Elixirs, the workers are starting to lose their strength," I ordered the Pokémon.

Both hooted and flew off into the distance. Here I was, helping tear down Castle Kaios while playing peace keeper of Johto. All hope was restored, and people turned to me in times of need. All was good... here...

The End

To read about the Kanto adventures, follow the link below to go to the second volume: Shadows of the Past!

Shadows of the Past

Last edited by Focal; 04-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.