Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Other Boards » Groups/Clubs

Groups/Clubs Start a Pokemon or non-Pokemon related Group/Club for your favorite topic. Whether it's a group/club for one of the good guys like Ash, Misty, or Brock, to the villains like Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Aqua. Your group can be whatever you want.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:40 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Mixed Groups/Clubs Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust View Post
You'd be my first pick.

I'll also make sure Wi-Fi Battling is a section in WAR VII. It is not fair that it got rejected, even after having like 30+ votes from the WAR Participants (There were like 50, so 3/5 of the WAR Community) because Marth and BHK were anti-Wifi.
Is the forum gonna buy Wifi for those who don't have it, to make it fair to the less fortunate among us? ^_^ 'Cause if so, I'm down with WiFi, that'd rock.
Otherwise, can we just send teh money for wifi to you guys and get given points for it, since it would be essentially buying points anyway?

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Charizard Michelle Offline

Send a message via AIM to Charizard Michelle

Quote:
You'd be my first pick.

I'll also make sure Wi-Fi Battling is a section in WAR VII. It is not fair that it got rejected, even after having like 30+ votes from the WAR Participants (There were like 50, so 3/5 of the WAR Community) because Marth and BHK were anti-Wifi.
Personity after thinking about it I am also kind of against WiFi Battling right now. I mean it is just too soon to do it since the game is now only been on the shelves in the US for two months now. I bary just beaten the E4 three weeks ago and now redoing my team to make it a little better.(Adding eletrvire and Togikiss to replace the awesome honchkrow and Parichi) Still my team is nowhere near WiFi WAR battle.

Also there is the proof factor. I been looking into the other battle places like the Netbattles and I notice that they are done by refs who are there watching the battle as it is being done on AIM/other IMing devices. In WiFi Battling there is no proof. It is not like everybody knows how to take a screenshot or have a third person to vertifly the battle. It is purely on word of the two that battled and I can easily said that I had beaten FireFly (Nothing against you. Just using you as an example girl) and she could be nice and just agree in agreeance that I would 'battle' her and 'lose'. Then we can keep on doing that until we top the charts in WAR WiFi Battle competition. There are too many things that need to be tied up and we just didn't have the time to do the tieing this WAR.

I need to find a new girl-on-girl animation.

Last edited by Charizard Michelle; 06-26-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard_mike View Post
Personity after thinking about it I am also kind of against WiFi Battling right now. I mean it is just too soon to do it since the game is now only been on the shelves in the US for two months now. I bary just beaten the E4 three weeks ago and now redoing my team to make it a little better.(Adding eletrvire and Togikiss to replace the awesome honchkrow and Parichi) Still my team is nowhere near WiFi WAR battle.

Also there is the proof factor. I been looking into the other battle places like the Netbattles and I notice that they are done by refs who are there watching the battle as it is being done on AIM/other IMing devices. In WiFi Battling there is no proof. It is not like everybody knows how to take a screenshot or have a third person to vertifly the battle. It is purely on word of the two that battled and I can easily said that I had beaten FireFly (Nothing against you. Just using you as an example girl) and she could be nice and just agree in agreeance that I would 'battle' her and 'lose'. Then we can keep on doing that until we top the charts in WAR WiFi Battle competition. There are too many things that need to be tied up and we just didn't have the time to do the tieing this WAR.
Yep.

Oh, and one word....
Gameshark.

People can hax game pokemon easily, then pwn everyone else. ^_~

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Slow computer and typing.... FireFly posted before I finished mines and didn't talk about the money in my last one.

Also about the money part.

As in the WiFi part 'money'. It is not that hard. Nintendo has made it possible to buy a UBS Drive that you can connect to your computer (if it has Windows XP) and just use your internet connection to work with the WiFi network. I have one of these WiFi UBS drives on my computer so I can do WiFi trading and it works fine. The port only cost $40 bucks and if nobody doesn't have Windows XP or want to cough up $40 bucks to buy that thing then too bad. No WiFi battling for them.

Still there is the proof that is still the problem.

Also...Congrats on becoming modded FireFly.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireflyK View Post
And to Neo, thanks for all the ideas. ^_^

Er, must teams be good/neutral/evil?
Or can be go on the lawful/neutral/chaotic scale? ^^; I wasn't sure if all the WARs were run like this... Or just this one. -short term memory-
If you make a WAR team... yeah, ask me to join. :o

Quote:
Yep.

Oh, and one word....
Gameshark.

People can hax game pokemon easily, then pwn everyone else. ^_~
I think Nintendo is now banning those who use cheating devices from Wi-fi, unless that's just a rumor, but I think someone posted something about it here.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Slow computer and typing.... FireFly posted before I finished mines and didn't talk about the money in my last one.

Also about the money part.

As in the WiFi part 'money'. It is not that hard. Nintendo has made it possible to buy a UBS Drive that you can connect to your computer (if it has Windows XP) and just use your internet connection to work with the WiFi network. I have one of these WiFi UBS drives on my computer so I can do WiFi trading and it works fine. The port only cost $40 bucks and if nobody doesn't have Windows XP or want to cough up $40 bucks to buy that thing then too bad. No WiFi battling for them.

Still there is the proof that is still the problem.

Also...Congrats on becoming modded FireFly.

Not everyone HAS 40 bucks. Some people might barely have the money for the neccesities... This is kinda saying that those without money aren't wanted, or that you can essentially trade money for points. =\ Also, with game shark, if you do have WiFi, you can cheat to win lotsa points. And Nintendo will likely not catch everyone... =\

But thanks. ^^; And of course I would ask you to be on my team, Meg. =p

Old 06-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Send a message via AIM to Lord Celebi Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Celebi

WAR VII is next summer. By then, everyone should have their teams at Lv 100 and completely EV Trained.

Certainly, not everyone had $40 to spend on Wi-Fi, but not everyone has $600 to spend on Photoshop to be able to participate in the Graphic Arts. Plus, you can also go to McDonalds for free Wi-Fi :P
Old 06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
WAR VII is next summer. By then, everyone should have their teams at Lv 100 and completely EV Trained.

Certainly, not everyone had $40 to spend on Wi-Fi, but not everyone has $600 to spend on Photoshop to be able to participate in the Graphic Arts. Plus, you can also go to McDonalds for free Wi-Fi :P
Photoshop can be downloaded at some places online for free, as can other such programs. =P There's kinda a difference there.

And not everyone's mcdonalds HAS wifi.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Photoshop can be downloaded at some places online for free, as can other such programs. =P There's kinda a difference there.

Which is illegal. If we're talking illegality, we can just go and steal the USB Hub.

Another example, not everyone has a scanner to participate in Drawn Art. Now, you may say "Go to a library" but not every library's scanner connects to a computer, similar to not how every McDonalds has Wi-Fi.

Its not going to kill you to not be able to participate. My computer can't run Netbattle, so I can't participate in Netbattle. I say we should remove Netbattle unless we buy everybody a brand spanking new computer.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Quote:
You'd be my first pick.

Well, I'll gladly help you with that when the time comes around. :P

And I'm quite sure I totally figured out why Season 5's RP worked as well as it did. Season 7's may be just as good or even better.

Quote:

Downloading Photoshop I'm sure is illegal. Unless you're talking about a trial version. Using a 30 day trial will get you through 4-5 weeks of the War, which isn't a bad deal provided you know how to use it already.

I'm not really for WiFi battling though. Too many cheaters and hacked Pokemon...

Old 06-26-2007, 07:52 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:
Which is illegal. If we're talking illegality, we can just go and steal the USB Hub.

Another example, not everyone has a scanner to participate in Drawn Art. Now, you may say "Go to a library" but not every library's scanner connects to a computer, similar to not how every McDonalds has Wi-Fi.

Its not going to kill you to not be able to participate. My computer can't run Netbattle, so I can't participate in Netbattle. I say we should remove Netbattle unless we buy everybody a brand spanking new computer.
Scanners are more common than Wi-Fi.

Also, there ARE programs that are legally free, given away. However, Wifi isn't.

Besides, you can get a trial of Photoshop that'll last most of the war... WiFi, you can't do that with. =\ Besides, there's lotsa hacks people can use on their 'mon.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
Scanners are more common than Wi-Fi.

Also, there ARE programs that are legally free, given away. However, Wifi isn't.

Besides, you can get a trial of Photoshop that'll last most of the war... WiFi, you can't do that with. =\ Besides, there's lotsa hacks people can use on their 'mon.
I'm pretty sure Wireless Networks have become more common than the scanner, now. Besides, it is cheaper to set up a Wireless Network than it is to buy a scanner.

Yes, but you can't win the WAR Graphic Arts section with only GIMP. Face it, anyone who has won has Photoshop and longer than 30 days of experience with it.

Nintendo is slowly starting to ban hackers from Wi-Fi, anyways. I have ideas on how to manage it as well.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Not everyone HAS 40 bucks. Some people might barely have the money for the neccesities... This is kinda saying that those without money aren't wanted, or that you can essentially trade money for points. =\ Also, with game shark, if you do have WiFi, you can cheat to win lotsa points. And Nintendo will likely not catch everyone... =\

But thanks. ^^; And of course I would ask you to be on my team, Meg. =p
Yeah when you put it like that. But still I don't think somebody in the situation that you just said could even afford to waste $120 dollars on a DS then another $40 on the game. That is almost $200 dollars there and I then internet connection? Yeah. I don't think there is anybody here that has to worry about that too much still $40 dollars isn't much compare to money that it takes to get an computer, internet connection, a DS and the game.
Quote:

NOt really. By then I may decided to start a new game and do a new team. haha ALso I don't really do EV training.

Yeah but it may look strange to just go into a McDonalds and just play your DS without buying anything. haha

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Wireless Networks have become more common than the scanner, now. Besides, it is cheaper to set up a Wireless Network than it is to buy a scanner.

Yes, but you can't win the WAR Graphic Arts section with only GIMP. Face it, anyone who has won has Photoshop and longer than 30 days of experience with it.

Nintendo is slowly starting to ban hackers from Wi-Fi, anyways. I have ideas on how to manage it as well.
I think it is clear to say that to do some things in the WAR does take the need to have other things like a scanner or a WiFi UBS Port and if you don't have those kind of things then you will be left out. Still there are other things that person can still do like RPing or something else. Just because a person doesn't have a certain thing doesn't mean we shouldn't have a certain section in the WAR. The problem with WiFi Battle as a section is A) Hacker who could cheat and B) how to recorded it.

I am most concern on the recording part since there is no way to make sure that the two people who were battling are telling the truth. THere is no middle man to act as a witness like I said before.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:49 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Quote:

NOt really. By then I may decided to start a new game and do a new team. haha ALso I don't really do EV training.

Yeah but it may look strange to just go into a McDonalds and just play your DS without buying anything. haha

This is a valid concern.
If you go to a place and sponge their wireless without buying anything, you can actually be charged with 'theft of services' and given a fine or jail time. =X Harsh, but yeah... America has lousy laws like that.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Lord Celebi Offline
Zhu-Quiao

Quote:
I think it is clear to say that to do some things in the WAR does take the need to have other things like a scanner or a WiFi UBS Port and if you don't have those kind of things then you will be left out. Still there are other things that person can still do like RPing or something else. Just because a person doesn't have a certain thing doesn't mean we shouldn't have a certain section in the WAR. The problem with WiFi Battle as a section is A) Hacker who could cheat and B) how to recorded it.

I am most concern on the recording part since there is no way to make sure that the two people who were battling are telling the truth. THere is no middle man to act as a witness like I said before.
I have A and B covered. You don't need to worry.