Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles

Battles Pokemon battle results will be placed here, along with the money/prizes given.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity
Default Re: Reffing FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtaroBot View Post
I tested on Shoddy and when Encore is used on Sleep Talk/Metronome, Struggle will be forced to use. But on Smogon, Metronome is said to be able to call out random moves even when encored. And if Rollout or similar moves like Rollout are used based on Sleep Talk, Encore will fail.

Basically, what I want to know, is that will Encore still allow Sleep Talk/Metronome to select other moves or will the user of Sleep Talk/Metronome be forced to use Struggle? A game test would be nice. :[
I'll look that up and/or test it. I'm fairly certain, though, that Sleep Talk would allow the use of the other three moves. A good example would be Metronome, in this case. Once Encored, you're locked into the move last execcuted. Since the purpose of Sleep Talk is to use one of the three moves, it'll still perform by doing so while Encored; I'm 85% sure. :p

Now I has question:

I took my Ref Quiz and PM'd it to Mike, but I need to know something before I take my Ref Test. When you roll a die, for either accuracy, paralysis, side effects, or whatever, how do you tell by the number displayed? Example would be rolling for Meteor Mash since it has 85 acc, and then "49" is rolled. Does it hit or miss? And can someone link me to the thread regarding rolls? Thanks.

WAR XI Team: .
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Trainer17 Offline
Shōrai no Kaizoku-ō

Send a message via AIM to Trainer17 Send a message via MSN to Trainer17 Send a message via Skype™ to Trainer17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
I'll look that up and/or test it. I'm fairly certain, though, that Sleep Talk would allow the use of the other three moves. A good example would be Metronome, in this case. Once Encored, you're locked into the move last execcuted. Since the purpose of Sleep Talk is to use one of the three moves, it'll still perform by doing so while Encored; I'm 85% sure. :p

Now I has question:

I took my Ref Quiz and PM'd it to Mike, but I need to know something before I take my Ref Test. When you roll a die, for either accuracy, paralysis, side effects, or whatever, how do you tell by the number displayed? Example would be rolling for Meteor Mash since it has 85 acc, and then "49" is rolled. Does it hit or miss? And can someone link me to the thread regarding rolls? Thanks.
If "49" is rolled, then it hits. Similarly, for OHKO moves, their acc is 30%, so rolls between 1-30 is said to be "hit", 31 and above is said to be a "miss". (I clarified this with -Adam-, just in case) Also, I don't think we have any threads here regarding to rolls. Its all based on your knowledge on Pokemon Moves(how they work/their effects), plus the code they use for rolling on AIM. Feel free to post your queries here though. I'm sure one of the Refs would clarify for you.

Paired with Jaye l My Family l Wifi League

Last edited by Trainer17; 06-16-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 AM
Iridium Offline

Send a message via AIM to Iridium Send a message via MSN to Iridium

Is Thunder's accuracy 50% in Sandstorm? It's 50% in Sun, but what about Sandstorm. Serebii says it is 50%, but Smogon doesn't say anything. Jr told me it's 70% even in Sand, but I'd still like someone else to confirm.

http://www.smogon.com/rs/moves/sandstorm

http://www.serebii.net/games/weather.shtml#sandstorm

Yeah, I know Smogon's the one to trust, but still :x

<3
Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium View Post
Is Thunder's accuracy 50% in Sandstorm? It's 50% in Sun, but what about Sandstorm. Serebii says it is 50%, but Smogon doesn't say anything. Jr told me it's 70% even in Sand, but I'd still like someone else to confirm.

http://www.smogon.com/rs/moves/sandstorm

http://www.serebii.net/games/weather.shtml#sandstorm

Yeah, I know Smogon's the one to trust, but still :x
I honestly think Smogon would've put that Thunder has 50% accuracy in Sandstorm if it was true since Sandstorm is huge in the OU metagame and Thunder is used a lot in Ubers. =o
Old 06-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda View Post
I honestly think Smogon would've put that Thunder has 50% accuracy in Sandstorm if it was true since Sandstorm is huge in the OU metagame and Thunder is used a lot in Ubers. =o
Tyranitar and Hippowdown a crap in Ubers, with Kyogre on every other team.

Smogon mentions the Acc drop in Sun, but not a Sandstorm one. Bulbapedia also doesn't mention any Acc change in Sandstorm, and mentions it in sun. I don't think there is any Acc change on Thunder in sandstorm.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Even though it's extremely old, Pokemon Stadium 2's Academy did mentioned that Sandstorm decreased Thunder's Accuracy. Then again, it also said that Sunny Day prevented Freeze and doubled the changes of burn while Rain dance doubled the chances of Freeze and prevented burn. That doesn't seem to apply at all now.

So, at least I can safely say that Thunder's accuracy USED to be 50% in Sandstorm on older games. Not sure if it's still like that.

Sandstorm and Rain Dance decreasing Solarbeam's power is mentioned on that game and it still seems to be like that though.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Soda Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Soda Send a message via MSN to Soda Send a message via Yahoo to Soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman View Post
Tyranitar and Hippowdown a crap in Ubers, with Kyogre on every other team.
Thanks for the lesson, but that's not what I was not what I wanted to point out.

I'm saying since Sandstorm is so big in OU (due to Hippowdon and T-Tar) and Thunder is so big in Ubers (Kyogre) that they'd want to put all information possible about these moves down so people would know about them.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Does Magic Guard prevent confusion smacking dmg?

and

If something like Slowbro confuses its enemy then skill swaps the Ability Own Tempo to the enemy, does the enemy remain confused?

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Ataro Offline
RUSTYREFBOT

Send a message via AIM to Ataro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post

and

If something like Slowbro confuses its enemy then skill swaps the Ability Own Tempo to the enemy, does the enemy remain confused?
No, the enemy would be cured of its confusion @ second question.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:04 PM
The Jr Trainer Offline

Send a message via AIM to The Jr Trainer Send a message via MSN to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Yahoo to The Jr Trainer Send a message via Skype™ to The Jr Trainer

Quote:
Does Magic Guard prevent confusion smacking dmg??
Yes, Magic Guard prevents any secondary damage (anything not from attacks), except Struggle's recoil.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Mitsuzo-kun Offline
teehee
Elite Trainer (Level 5)

Send a message via AIM to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via MSN to Mitsuzo-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Mitsuzo-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtaroBot View Post
No, the enemy would be cured of its confusion @ second question.
The same as Water Veil being given to something that is BRN'd, Magma Armor and FRZ, Limber and PAR, and Insomnia and SLP.
If you hadn't noticed, I'm inactive at the moment due to school and the like. If you need anything, drop me a PM and I'll reply ASAP, I try and visit every couple of days. Activity will pick up when there's a school break, I promise. D:

iamnotyou11 (00:41:35): scrotom?

ASB|URPG

Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Eraizaa-kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Eraizaa-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Yes, Magic Guard prevents any secondary damage (anything not from attacks), except Struggle's recoil.
Actually, confusion damage is an attack on itself, not a secondary damage, so Magic Guard doesn't prevent it.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:07 PM
TheEvilDookie Offline

Send a message via AIM to TheEvilDookie Send a message via MSN to TheEvilDookie Send a message via Skype™ to TheEvilDookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jr Trainer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post
Actually, confusion damage is an attack on itself, not a secondary damage, so Magic Guard doesn't prevent it.

Um... @_@

Since we have a little disagreement, could sources be provided? Or someone like Mikey confirm which?

^ Anastasia-R ^
Current VPP: Palkia > Level 100: 6987
Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Stinky Offline
Garbage Can

Send a message via AIM to Stinky

Quote:

Um... @_@

Since we have a little disagreement, could sources be provided? Or someone like Mikey confirm which?
I can test it in Platinum in a little bit sometime tonight.

Last edited by Stinky; 07-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Fierce Deity Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Fierce Deity Send a message via MSN to Fierce Deity Send a message via Skype™ to Fierce Deity

Quote:

and

Smogon says nothing about preventing confusion damage with Magic Guard @ first question

WAR XI Team: .