Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Intro Boards » Pokemon News

Pokemon News Here you will find the Pokemon news that is on the website, posted here also so you can reply with any comments/questions.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:36 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default It's Official: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on April 22, 2007!

It's Official: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on April 22, 2007!
-12/20/06-

Nintendo officially announced Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl to be released in the US on April 22, 2007. Also, the Nintendo press release revealed that styluses featuring the new Pokemon will be available for those that reserve the game at participating stores (further details are not yet available, stay tuned here in the news when more information is available).

You can read the press release below:

Press Release

New Pokemon to Make Diamond and Pearl Studded Debut
Gotta Catch 'Em All! The Next Generation of Pokemon Soon Will Be Here

Pokemon trainers of the world, unite! How else will you manage to complete your Pokedex and challenge the sinister plot of Team Galactic? On April 22, Pokemon® Diamond and Pokemon® Pearl, the Pokemon series for the best-selling Nintendo DS™ game system, become available in the Americas. These two titles represent the latest adventure in the popular Pokemon franchise.

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl offer a number of exciting new features to please both experienced and new Pokemon fans alike. Set in an entirely new region called "Sinnoh," players can choose to begin their adventure as either a boy or girl Pokemon trainer on a path to becoming Pokemon League Champion. The adventure continues as players can bring Pokemon from their Game Boy® Advance Pokemon games to Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl using the GBA game slot on their Nintendo DS.

As players trade and collect Pokemon to complete their Pokedex in this new challenge, for the first time they'll have the chance to catch new Pokemon, Munchlax™ and Weavile™. They also can play via local wireless with up to eight other trainers while new moves and abilities deepen strategy.

"After recently celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Pokemon franchise continues to get stronger," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "These two new titles represent the best that Pokemon has to offer, and a great opportunity for Game Boy users to upgrade to Nintendo DS."

Unique pre-sell styluses featuring new Pokemon from the new series will be available by reserving the game early at participating retailers. Stay tuned for more details about this special offer. Pokemon games continue to be wildly popular around the world, with more than 155 million units sold worldwide through September 2006. Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are currently shattering sales records in Japan since their September launch.

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl for Nintendo DS will be available April 22, and are Rated E for Everyone.

-----

Pokemon.com Release Date Confirmed
The release date confirms the release date that was shown briefly at Pokemon.com on Monday. The release date, April 22, 2007, was removed later in the day from the Pokemon.com site. It seems they got ahead of themselves on the release date. As of writing this news, Pokemon.com has not yet updated their Diamond/Pearl page to reflect the official announcement of the release date. However, the Nintendo page on Diamond/Pearl has already been updated to show the release date: Nintendo.com - Pokemon Diamond

Related Links
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Old 12-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Hoshika Offline

Default Re: It's Official: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on April 22, 2007!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
The release date confirms the release date that was shown briefly at Pokemon.com on Monday. The release date, April 22, 2007, was removed later in the day from the Pokemon.com site. It seems they got ahead of themselves on the release date. As of writing this news, Pokemon.com has not yet updated their Diamond/Pearl page to reflect the official announcement of the release date. However, the Nintendo page on Diamond/Pearl has already been updated to show the release date: Nintendo.com - Pokemon Diamond[/url]
Hahaha. No wonder why the most recent mailbag was titled "Getting Ahead of Ourselves!"
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
Hahaha. No wonder why the most recent mailbag was titled "Getting Ahead of Ourselves!"
lol, yea, kinda poking fun there lol. Of course, they didn't mean the release date when they had that mailbag (that mailbag was before Monday).
Old 12-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Kylee the Larvitar Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ahhh... I had a dream about this day, oddly enough...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Send a message via AIM to Rohypnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylee the Larvitar View Post
Me too. I had a dream of going shopping on that day and there was Diamond and pearl on the shelf waiting for me to pick it up.....
weird.

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Hoshika Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylee the Larvitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrptr101 View Post
Me too. I had a dream of going shopping on that day and there was Diamond and pearl on the shelf waiting for me to pick it up.....
weird.
First they 'accidentally' put up the release date on Pokemon.com, now they're sending telepathic messages to all Pokémon fans about it. WoOoOoOoOo...

All I dreamt of was scraping squashed bugs out of my hair.
I suffer from some desease where I just don't feel like catching a pokemon unless it's rare, which ends in me never catching com mons.

I finished Gold with a pokedex of 6.

Oak's Rating: "Congratulations! Looks like you've learned how to use a pokeball!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbok View Post

Haagen-Daz is an ice cream company, dumbass.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Rohypnol Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshika View Post
First they 'accidentally' put up the release date on Pokemon.com, now they're sending telepathic messages to all Pokémon fans about it. WoOoOoOoOo...

All I dreamt of was scraping squashed bugs out of my hair.
We just wanted to make sure we weren't crazy.xD

Ewwwww

DoIPutNameHere: cradily, bad game really f***** up w/o storm drain, horrible playing, i give you a 0/10, please try harder next time
Old 12-20-2006, 10:55 PM
G-Blaze Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

I'm getting probably the first time I see it, no matter what. Right now I've got about $200, but it'll all be drained out from Christmas shopping.

[ VPP Statistics ] - ~ - [ Profile ]
Old 12-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Blazeiken12 Offline
Master Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Blaze View Post
I'm getting probably the first time I see it, no matter what. Right now I've got about $200, but it'll all be drained out from Christmas shopping.
Well I'm getting It for free, becasue my mom's a manger at Best Buy, and my sister works their to.. GO DIAMOND AND PEARL!

Current Vpp
Hatch @ 397 Completed!
Rukushio @ 412 Completed!
Rentorra @ 472
Lv.100 @ 682

URPG Stats

Join the UPRG it's fun!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Skye Offline
Experienced Trainer

w00t! I can't wait! ^_^
Old 12-21-2006, 12:14 AM
Rohypnol Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazeiken12 View Post
Well I'm getting It for free, becasue my mom's a manger at Best Buy, and my sister works their to.. GO DIAMOND AND PEARL!
Um. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that called "Stealing"

Old 12-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Espeon EX Offline

Send a message via MSN to Espeon EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonElite2000 View Post
It's Official: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on April 22, 2007!
-12/20/06-

Nintendo officially announced Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl to be released in the US on April 22, 2007. Also, the Nintendo press release revealed that styluses featuring the new Pokemon will be available for those that reserve the game at participating stores (further details are not yet available, stay tuned here in the news when more information is available).

You can read the press release below:

Press Release

New Pokemon to Make Diamond and Pearl Studded Debut
Gotta Catch 'Em All! The Next Generation of Pokemon Soon Will Be Here

Pokemon trainers of the world, unite! How else will you manage to complete your Pokedex and challenge the sinister plot of Team Galactic? On April 22, Pokemon® Diamond and Pokemon® Pearl, the Pokemon series for the best-selling Nintendo DS™ game system, become available in the Americas. These two titles represent the latest adventure in the popular Pokemon franchise.

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl offer a number of exciting new features to please both experienced and new Pokemon fans alike. Set in an entirely new region called "Sinnoh," players can choose to begin their adventure as either a boy or girl Pokemon trainer on a path to becoming Pokemon League Champion. The adventure continues as players can bring Pokemon from their Game Boy® Advance Pokemon games to Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl using the GBA game slot on their Nintendo DS.

As players trade and collect Pokemon to complete their Pokedex in this new challenge, for the first time they'll have the chance to catch new Pokemon, Munchlax™ and Weavile™. They also can play via local wireless with up to eight other trainers while new moves and abilities deepen strategy.

"After recently celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Pokemon franchise continues to get stronger," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "These two new titles represent the best that Pokemon has to offer, and a great opportunity for Game Boy users to upgrade to Nintendo DS."

Unique pre-sell styluses featuring new Pokemon from the new series will be available by reserving the game early at participating retailers. Stay tuned for more details about this special offer. Pokemon games continue to be wildly popular around the world, with more than 155 million units sold worldwide through September 2006. Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl are currently shattering sales records in Japan since their September launch.

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl for Nintendo DS will be available April 22, and are Rated E for Everyone.

-----

The release date confirms the release date that was shown briefly at Pokemon.com on Monday. The release date, April 22, 2007, was removed later in the day from the Pokemon.com site. It seems they got ahead of themselves on the release date. As of writing this news, Pokemon.com has not yet updated their Diamond/Pearl page to reflect the official announcement of the release date. However, the Nintendo page on Diamond/Pearl has already been updated to show the release date: Nintendo.com - Pokemon Diamond

Related Links
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com
Hm... I found it out at pokemon.com but now they changed it back to spring 2007. I guess that was my lucky day that time.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Neo Master Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via Yahoo to Neo Master

Great. A longer time to wait....my birthday was in March!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Hakken Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to Hakken Send a message via MSN to Hakken Send a message via Yahoo to Hakken

:O I don't even have a DS yet!
*Starts saving for a DS lite*
Christmas time! Uh... Please santa? Please? PLEASE?
I got shot down by santa :( *cough*mymomissocruel*cough*
*Plays Pikachu gameboy SP(Yes, that toysrus one. I bought it with my mew download :) )*

I cant wait for this thing!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Aipom Offline
Experienced Trainer

Yay D/P is coming out I just need a ds lol

Thanks to tombi for the awesome avii