Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon Main Boards » Pokemon: Interactive Center » Competitive Battling

Competitive Battling This board is for competitive battling discussion. Get team help or learn to play competitively.

Old 07-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Crystalphoenix Offline
New Trainer

Default Pkmn Strategy names

Are there names for all of the strategies used today? Like what's a "Baton Passer" good for? Special Sweeper? Physical Sweeper? Plus, I've noticed other good strategies that haven't been given cool slangish names yet. I mean if YuGiOh (I play it) can have cool names for their card sets and deck themes then why can't we?

I've seen most of these cool strategies in Pokemon Colosseum for GCN. Where Miror B. has 2 Ludicolo w/ Rain Dish and 2 w/ Swift Swim and some know Mega Drain, and/or Leech Seed. All of em know Rain Dance. Plus there's one that knows Dive, so he can dive underwater and escape attack and still benefit from rain dance.

Dakim uses mostly Ground types, including Marshtomp/Swampert, Metang and Entei. He has one of his Pokemon use Earthquake while the other uses Protect, and on the next turn makes the one who used earthquake use protect this time and vise-versa.

Venus uses "Cute" moves to make your Pokemon fall in love with hers, lower your Pokemon's Atk. and get them confused.

And Ein uses rain dance without an ability, he uses it to strengthen his team's Water and Electric type attacks. (Huntail and Lanturn especially)

There are other battle move/ability combos out there to be named..

Old 07-21-2004, 12:03 AM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia
Default Re: Pkmn Strategy names

What do you mean by naming? Because Baton passing by itself is a strategy, so is the stallfest with rain dance on Ludicolo. And a lot of it was already named back in GSC, like the nickwak, perish trap, sleep trap, pseudohaze, etc.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Crystalphoenix Offline
New Trainer

Hmmm, could you refer me to somewhere where any of that was said? (Stallfest, so that's what they call it..)

Old 07-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Finglonger Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Finglonger

erm actually a lot of the names were given according to who created the moveset.

atma had atmacune, atmuk, atmakou among others
uh lets see fish had quite a few most famous was prolly fishtauros

then others were named for certain strats

we have restbell-most/all pogeys have rest, basically rest when they get low and pop in a healbeller to remedy

tss-toxic spikes sandstorm lot of indirect damage done with rocks/steels/grounds/a spiker and a fast sweeper

just a couple there are more, most have become obsolete : (