Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default {STORY COMPETITION ENTRY} John's Journey in Johto

Hello and welcome to my story: John’s Journey in Johto.

The setting is in Johto, fifty years after Ash Ketchum had beaten the Elite Four in Houenn.

Please take note that this story is only the beginning for a huge fic that I plan to write in the URPG later and I shall enter part of it now for the story competition.

For the duration of the story there are some PE2K characters in but maybe under different names.
The characters that star in this particular story are as follows:

John Phillips- Dapkmnguy_3000
Tamer Ironside- Tamer
Jason Thomas- Johto Trainer
Bob Dole- Fair
Raymond Raiker- Raik
Joseph Rodeman- Neo Pikachu

Please note that those characters used in this story are not at any means meant any offence towards them, only to be enjoyed as FICTION. If offence is taken then I am sorry and if you wish me to remove your name in it then I will change it.

ENJOY!

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default Re: {STORY COMPETITION ENTRY} John's Journey in Johto

CH 1~Venturing Out on a Quest of a Lifetime

Ch1- Venturing out on a quest of a lifetime

The stadium loomed distinctly in the distance. John could make out a huge bowl hanging high above it, which held dancing orange flames .The eyes of Moltres within the fire seemed to be watching the crowd below in great anticipation. John gulped, and slowly made his way up the cold grey steps. As he started walking upwards, the stair length seemed to increase, he started to walk faster, but the distance got longer with every step. John started to panic, he started running, his steps echoing shrilly in his ears, the stadium now seemed to be getting further away…further...he slipped of the steps and fell backwards, objects swirled above him as he fell, he closed his eyes and…

*Bump*

He gasped for breath, swirling his head around, where was he? Where had the stadium gone?
His anxious deep brown eyes softened at the sight of his blue bedroom wallpaper and the white sheets beneath him. The door opened slowly and his mum stepped in, wearing a red apron and an odd sort of expression on her face.

“Happy Birthday John! Did you sleep well?”

John looked down for a second, he didn’t want to tell his mum what dream he had. It would spoil everything, especially on such an important day in his life.

“Yes I slept great” he lied, smiling though so his lie wasn’t depicted though his facial expressions.

His mum smiled back. “Well when you’re ready to come down, dads making pancakes, your favourite…”

She trailed of watching him closely; John’s eyes were looking sadly around his room.

“Is everything alright John? You know that you don’t have to do this today…we could wait a week or even a month or better a year, yes I think that’s most suitable-”

John snapped his eyes onto his mother’s. “No mum. I have waited all my life for my 15th birthday, to go out on my own and become a Pokémon trainer, you agreed, remember?”

Hs mother breathed a sad sigh. “Yes John I did promise, it’s just that…I don’t want you to leave home so soon...”

“I know it’s hard for you to cope with…but I have to do this now or if I do it later it will be too late.”

His mum nodded. “I understand. I know that you will make me proud John”.

They stared into each other’s eyes for a few seconds before his mum turned away slowly.

“I better go help your dad. John you better hurry or your breakfast will get cold.”

With that she swept form the room leaving John to stand on the spot for a few seconds, before moving off into the bathroom to brush his teeth and have a shower.

Fifteen minutes later John walked down the brown-carpeted stairs in a pair of long black jeans and a long sleeved white cotton shirt, which he had rolled up to the elbows. John stood at 5’6, a little shorter than average for his age, something he wished he could change. He had jet-black short hair, which was spiked slightly and deep brown eyes. He entered the kitchen to the smell of baking pancakes. John grabbed a chair, sat down, and began eating fast straight away; he was so excited, he could hardly wait to get his starter Pokémon.

His father turned away from the cooker laughing. “No need to rush John, there’s plenty on time, oh and Happy Birthday son.”

“Thanks dad but the sooner I get my starter, the sooner my adventure can begin,” John said quickly before carrying on eating at rapid speed.

His father chuckled. “Well it’s true that you need to be fast to get anywhere in life. Speaking of starters, have you decided on which one you are going to choose?”

“I can’t decide between Totodile and Cyndaquil, both are so powerful, I guess that I will just decide when I get to Professor Elm’s house,” John said swallowing his last mouthful of pancakes, and moving onto pouring a glass of milk from the yellow patterned milk jug that lay opposite him.

John’s Father looked thoughtful. “What about Chikorita?”

John downed the last drop of milk then got up. “Chikorita isn’t my view of strong, well I’m off to Professor Elm’s house now, I shall be back in an hour or so.”

With that John swept from the room, only hearing the faint

“Bye,” from his mum, and the clattering of dishes being washed from his dad.

He opened the front door and strolled outside into the warm fresh air. He closed the door and glanced at his purple and black strapped wristwatch that had a red Gyrados painted on it and purple flames around it. He was very fond of this watch; it was given to him as a gift on his 10th birthday by his granddad, who was now dead. His granddad was an ex-Pokemon trainer, maybe that’s why John wanted to be one so badly also. He hopped lightly over the small green gate and without a moment spared he started sprinting down the path, his mind only thinking on his choice for which starter he would get.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

After a few minutes of running, his legs were starting to tire but he could just see Professor Elm’s chimney in the distance so he made a final sprint down the quiet lane and came to an abrupt halt at the solid oak door. He bent over panting for breath. He noticed a flicker in the curtains then heard a key turning. He returned to his normal position quickly just as the door opened.

“John? Is that you?”

John’s brown eyes met the aqua coloured ones of the thin tall Professor Elm.

“Yes, hi Professor.”

The Professor beckoned him in before closing the door behind them both.

“You’re here to get your starter, correct?”

John nodded enthusiastically.

“Yes I figured,” Elm continued, striding to the backdoor, John hurried to keep up.

He unlocked it with a brass key and held the door open for John to go out. What met John’s eyes had his head swerving in all directions. Pokémon. A lot of them.

Elm’s backyard wasn’t merely an ordinary garden it was more like a fenced field. John glanced to his far east where a Bulbasaur was playing with an Oddish. Then a little to the left of that where a Mareep was sleeping peacefully on the grass. He then swerved his head to the pond in the northwest, where a Poliwrath and a Dratini were swimming happily. John heard a cough behind him. He tore his eyes away and looked up and saw the Professor standing behind him, looking rather amused at John’s amazement.

“Sorry professor, I just can’t believe what I’m seeing that’s all. Where did they all come from?”

The Professor chuckled softly. “That’s okay; I can expect a new trainer to be amazed for the first time when seeing all these Pokemon in one place. They’re not my own Pokemon, of course a handful are but the rest are those of trainers who have more than six in their party and would like to leave the remaining ones with me. I look after them, feed them and they can basically relax. Some even evolve here!”

“I get it, sort of like a day-care?”

“Yes…in a way. Well we’re not here to look at these other Pokémon. You came here to get your starter.”

“Yes.” said John, his attention sharpening.

Professor Elm pointed behind John slightly to the east.

“Can you see that huge pen?”

“Yeah I can” John replied, squinting slightly.

Without a second lost, Elm began to take his long strides towards it. John, taken by surprise, tried to keep up. As they walked, they got ever nearer to the pen.

“Oh I almost forgot,” said Elm slowing down a bit. “Tamer arrived here earlier on, he’s at the pen now.” John stopped in his tracks.

“Tamer??? He’s here?!”

“Yes.” said Elm, quite taken aback from John’s reaction, “He arrived an hour ago- Hey! Wait up!”

Elm had just noticed John started sprinting towards the pen, leaving Elm to catch up. Within a minute John reached the pen and stared at the boy looking with great interest at the Pokémon inside. John heard a panting sound behind him and saw Elm arrive, but bent down, his hands on his legs; he was exhausted. At this, the boy looked up, as soon as he saw John he smirked, John glared in disgust at him. Tamer had celebrated his birthday a month ago. Both John and him had been competing since the very day they were able to speak. From best picture drawn with colour crayons in pre-school, to the annual Pokemon quiz. Currently Tamer was ahead on total things he had beaten John at and made constant reference to that fact. Tamer was about the same height as John, possibly half an inch shorter.

He had dark neck-length brown hair that was messy and spiked at odd places like he had just rolled out of bed. He also had light brown eyes; those eyes were something that could intimidate another quite easily, something John found quite hard to resist. He was wearing his usual choice of clothes: A plain black T-shirt, dark, baggy grey Tommy-Hilfiger jeans, white sports boots and black leather gloves, which the tops of the fingers had been cut of. He was also wearing a silver necklace over his T-shirt and sporting a dark grey bandanna on his head.

“So, John, you finally made it, took you long enough, did you forget that today you were starting your Pokémon journey? Maybe it’s not as important to you as you had made it out to be.”

John clenched his fist, “Tamer, you’re asking for it!”

He stepped a pace forward but Elm intervened.

“That’s enough boys, no fighting in my premises. Tamer, have you chosen your starter?”

Tamer smirked broadly at John then turned to Elm. “No, Professor, I am still considering which one to choose.”

Elm sighed. “Could you please hurry Tamer, John wishes to receive his also.”

Tamer looked thoughtful at this comment, and then smirked again,

“I know Professor, why not let John choose first?”

John looked strangely at Tamer, why was he doing this…he then looked at Elm who gave him an approving nod. John stepped slowly into the pen and stared at the three Pokémon, who all stopped playing at the sight of John. They were all so small and very cute as they had just hatched recently. John ignored the Chikorita and moved onto the Totodile and the Cyndaquil. Immediately they began to seem what looked like a show for John. They began to battle each other.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Cyndaquil reared up on his stubby hind legs and let out a shrill cry

< Cynnnndaaaaa! >

Totodile opened its jaws and sent a spurt of water at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil dodged it easily and began to race towards Totodile. It knocked the tiny alligator backwards leaving it dizzy on the floor. It shrugged it off quickly and fired of another water spurt, this time it hit, knocking the Cyndaquil this time backwards. Cyndaquil too didn’t spend too much time on the ground and began to race towards Totodile.

It made a light hop into the air and was directly above the alligator. Totodile stopped in awe at the flying weasel above him. Cyndaquil let out another shrill cry

< Quiiiiil > and let black thick smoke pour out its tiny mouth. The smoke started spreading immediately, covering the whole pen, John coughed loudly, he couldn’t see anything and he was finding it hard to breathe. He started to feel dizzy, like he would faint at any moment. Then as he began to stumble, his vision cleared. The smoke had gone.

John looked behind him and saw Elm and Tamer had just recovered from the smoke affect also. John snapped his attention back onto the pen. He saw Cyndaquil and Totodile, both lying on their backs, in some pain.

It seemed that while the smoke had covered John, Elm and Tamer’s eyes, it had not perturbed the battle. Chikorita stood quietly in a corner looking quite scared at what was going on. Slowly and surely, Cyndaquil and Totodile began to get to their feet, their eyes fixed on each other, then simultaneously they fell back onto the ground, they weren’t going to get up again.

The fight was over. John, Elm and Tamer all clapped in approval.

Wow, John thought. It was even tougher than he had originally imagined choosing one of them. John put one hand on his face and thought deeply. While he was thinking, Elm went up to both of the Pokemon and sprayed them with a sort of green fluid contained in a small glass bottle. Within a few seconds their bruises were vanishing and they rose to their feet as healthy as before the battle. The two Pokemon glared at each other for a few seconds before looking up at John with round eyes.

John was stumped for choice. Totodile had supposedly the advantage in battle but Cyndaquil still managed to pull of a draw. Although Totodile once trained could be a formidable force…he felt something moving over his left lower leg.

John looked down quickly and saw that the Chikorita had come over and was rubbing its small head lovingly on John’s leg. John was startled; he had not expected this at all. He bent down and began to stroke Chikorita’s head softly. The tiny Pokemon let out a noise of joy at this and closed its eyes in relaxation. Cyndaquil and Totodile were looking murderously at Chikorita. Chikorita opened its red eyes slowly to see their glares. It immediately took a step backwards from John. John heard a call behind him.

“Quit wasting time with Chikorita, it’s useless, who will it be, Cyndaquil or Totodile?”

Tamer smirked again. Elm was rubbing his chin thoughtfully in deep interest at what was going to happen. Chikorita, who had turned at Tamer’s voice, drooped its head. It had heard Tamer’s harsh words; it knew that it probably wasn’t wanted. It went and huddled in the corner of the pen, its red eyes watering in sadness.

John clenched his fist, no Pokemon deserved to feel that way. He remembered how soft Chikorita’s head was, how affectionate it seemed towards him…but would it be the right choice? He swallowed his doubts, he was sure, this was his final choice.

“Professor Elm?” Elm looked up in mild puzzlement. “I choose Chikorita!” Chikorita lifted its head in disbelief. Even Cyndaquil and Totodile couldn’t believe it; they were gaping at John with their mouths open. Tamer laughed loudly and Elm didn’t look surprised but rather impressed.

“Are you serious John? Anyone with sense can see that Chikorita doesn’t stand a chance against Totodile and Cyndaquil. You will regret this later.” Tamer’s voice rang throughout the vast field.

“Now hold on there Tamer” said Elm, “John has made a very good choice actually, there is no worse Pokémon out of the three, it is all to do with preferences. Now Tamer, your choice please”

John smiled but Tamer scowled. Chikorita made a leap to John and into his arms. John smiled. He had made the right choice. While he stroked Chikorita’s soft head once more, Tamer joined him in the pen and after thinking for a moment went up to Cyndaquil and pointed.

“I choose Cyndaquil Professor!”

Elm smiled, “Another good choice. Now boys as you have got your starter Pokemon you are now officially trainers.” John and Tamer glared at each other. “For starting on your journey here is a Pokédex and three Pokéballs each”

Elm handed the items to each boy then stood back looking at the lonely Totodile in the pen. He was murmuring something that John didn’t hear. He then seemed to speak up.

“Well you better get going, you might want to prepare at home before setting out, let us make our way back to the house…” He stopped talking at the sound of footsteps.

Elm, John and Tamer stood looking at the direction of the footsteps in silence for a few seconds before a figure began to emerge over the hilltop. It remained covered in a light shadow for a moment or two before stepping into the light and John’s eyes met the light brown eyes of the kid that lived a block away from John and Tamer.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:46 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

His name was Jason Thomas or J.T as everyone called him. He was a year younger than them both, but half an inch taller than them. He had short curly light brown hair, John had never seen him with straight hair before; it had been curly all his life. He was wearing a pale orange sports t-shirt and a pair of blue sports shorts that went past his knees. He was packing the newest trainers on the market: red and white Airpads. They glistened in the sun; John could tell he had brought them especially for today. On his back he carried a rucksack; he had obviously said all his goodbyes and was ready to leave as soon as he had received his starter. John hardly talked to him, he was just a person he knew because their parents knew each other. J.T looked good naturedly around then spotted Elm. He went straight up to him, looking rather sheepish.

“Sorry I’m late Professor, I got up quite late today, alarm clock stopped working, I rang the doorbell but no-one answered so I let myself in…” He looked down at the floor, his face rather red.

Elm laughed. “It’s alright Jason, there is still a starter left for you, although there is no choice involved because you came late.” J.T’s eyes left the ground in less than a second and flicked them straight onto Elm; they were gleaming with an extreme excitement.

“That’s awesome! Can I see it now?”

Tamer shook his head in disgust at the excitement that J.T was shedding like a snake’s skin, although he still watched with interest as Elm showed him to the pen. J.T’s eyes, if possible, rimmed with even more glee than before as his met those of the blue crocodile.

Totodile seemed delighted that he would not be left behind and hopped into J.T’s arms. John could make out J.T’s words of adore to Totodile, who seemed to be lavishing it up.

Elm coughed and J.T put Totodile down and looked sheepish again.

“Sorry…got a bit carried away…”

Elm waved a hand to say that it was all right. He handed a Pokédex and three Pokéballs to J.T. He then coughed once into a red handkerchief then started talking.

“All three of you have now received your starters; your journey on your paths in the Pokémon world has just begun. I am sure each of your aims are to become the very best there is, to train and love your Pokemon, treat them with respect and battle others with wit and charisma. Each of you has the ability to go to the furthest there is in the Pokémon world, but it is those who want it the most, it is those who will actually make the distance. I have lost faith in recent years of Pokémon trainers but my hopes have been rekindled today, please don’t let me down, I know all three of you can do it.”

John glanced at Tamer who smirked broadly back. John knew what he meant. Tamer was confident that he alone was the one to go the distance and John would be the one who failed…well he wasn’t going to let that happen. John would do everything in his power to become the very best; he would do everything Elm has said and more. J.T looked doubtful at Elm’s words but nodded, he too wanted to do his best. Elm beckoned them to follow him down the hill. They walked in silence for a few minutes when suddenly Elm stopped abruptly, his mouth open. John didn’t understand what was wrong. He stepped forward a few paces until he was level with Elm, so that he was looking down upon Elm’s house and the field…the empty field. Where had the Pokemon gone??? This must have been what Elm was shocked about.

“Where did they all go?” Tamer’s voice echoed slightly, no-one spoke, then…

“Look over there!!!” J.T was pointing to the far west, John could just make out 2 figures...and beside them was a large net, every single one of the Pokemon of Elm’s field was caught inside! John clenched his fist and ran towards them. Within a minute he had arrived and looked around to see if the others had followed. They had; Elm and J.T arrived out of breath but Tamer looked ready for action.

“Just who the hell do you guys think you are, stealing all those Pokemon?!”

“Yeah. Hand them back or else!” John said, his voice more angry that it had been ten minutes ago.

John heard the figures start to chuckle, they stepped out of the shadow and grinned evilly.

The first figure was a tall man, around the age of nineteen. He had light short ginger hair and dark brown slits of eyes. The other was a woman, she was also tall, although a little shorter than the man. John estimated her to be about a year younger than him, she had shoulder length dank black hair, and a few strands covered her cyan coloured eyes. Both of them were dressed in a dark purple top, black trousers, black socks and black boots. They wore black leather gloves, which went a little bit past their hands. They both also had a large bold red ‘R’ on their tops.

Elm gasped at the sight of them, “No…It-it c-can’t be!!!!! Not Team rocket!” His face was pale and sweaty, he took a step backwards.

John crossed his arms. “I don’t care who they are, they have stolen Pokémon, and now they shall pay!” The Rockets laughed at his words and narrowed their eyes, then broke into verse...

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Woman-“Prepare for pain”
Man- “Yes, it’s us again!”
Woman- “To plague the world with devastation.”
Man- “To destroy everyone around the nation”
Woman- “To rid the Earth of truth and love”
Man- “We shall rise higher than the stars above”
Woman- “Naomi!”
Man- “Zach!”
Woman- “Team Rocket moves at the speed of light”
Man- “Hand over your Pokemon or prepare to fight!”

J.T and Elm looked petrified but John and Tamer held strong.

“What? You think that verse can scare us? Just hand back the Pokémon!”

The Rockets grinned again.

“How about we prove our power, let’s battle!” cried Zach. He reached a hand inside his pocket and produced a Pokeball. He tossed it swiftly into the air, it landed on the grassy field and a white light poured out. It appeared beside the Pokeball and transformed into a Zubat. It let out a shrill shriek < Zuuuuuuuuu! >. John flicked his Pokedex open and pointed it at Zubat:

’Zubat, the bat Pokémon. While flying, it constantly emits ultrasonic waves from its mouth to check its surroundings.

John stepped forward with Chikorita’s Pokeball in hand but Tamer pushed him back.

“This jerk is mine! I choose Cyndaquil!” Cyndaquil flashed out of the Pokeball and eyed Zubat with menace.

“Cyndaquil, use ember attack, lets go!” Tamer shouted

“Zubat, confuse it with confuse ray!”

Cyndaquil lit the fire on its back; the sparks of the embers scorched the grass near it. It started at a run, getting faster and faster it let out a cry and let several embers fly out of its mouth and aimed it right at Zubat’s chest. Zubat was thrown backwards onto the ground, it wasn’t badly hurt and nowhere near out. Its eyes glowed with a bluish white light for a second before it let out a quick beam flying at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil didn’t even have time to blink, within seconds Cyndaquil was in a daze, not knowing where it was.

Zach smirked, “Great job Zubat! Now hit it with a wing attack!” Tamer was starting to sweat.

“Cyndaquil, try and get out of confusion and hit it with ember!” Cyndaquil was still in a dizzy state and sent the ember attack firing straight at Tamer. Tamer managed to doge out of the way just in time before he got scorched. Tamer looked worried. Zubat had risen above Cyndaquil and its wings had gone a bright white, it came down and slashed Cyndaquil with both wings, John heard a sickening noise as the impact took place. Cyndaquil went flying backwards, its tiny mouth crying a blood-curdling scream. It landed roughly on the ground, it seemed its confusion had now gone but the damage had been done. The bruises and scratches made the blue and yellow body seem black and brown. Zach’s slit liked eyes gleamed with a hungry relish.

“Now Zubat finish it of with another wing attack!”

Tamer seemed to have come up with a solution.

“Cyndaquil hold steady buddy, wait until I tell you to attack.”

Cyndaquil looked unsure at Tamer but held firm, its frightened black eyes staring at those of the oncoming Zubat. Zubat was now only ten metres away.

“Wait for it” Tamer murmured.

Zubat increased its speed; it was now a metre away.

Tamer pointed at it, “NOW, CYNDAQUIL! USE FLAME WHEEL!”

Cyndaquil, just in time, let a circle of raging fire pour out of its mouth and shoot out in a straight line right at Zubat. It didn’t even see it coming; it was flung onto the ground metres away, where it lay twitching.

Zach stared in disbelief.

“Zubat! NO!”

Naomi stepped forward.

“You will pay for that you twerp! Go Murkrow! Aid Zubat to bring down that fire rat!”

Out of the thrown Pokeball emerged first two dark wings then the rest of a dark body, then the head with red glaring eyes. John looked uncertainly at it, he flipped his Pokedex open:

Murkrow, the darkness Pokémon. Feared and loathed by many, it is believed to bring misfortune to all those who see it at night.

John clenched his fists.

“That’s cheating! You can’t fight two Pokémon on one!”

Naomi laughed loudly.

“Listen twerp, Team Rocket doesn’t play by the rules. Murkrow!” she said turning to Murkrow, “Swoop down and use peck attack on Cyndaquil!”

John watched Murkrow rise steadily into the air, its red evil eyes fixed on the hurt Cyndaquil. He pulled out Chikorita’s Pokeball.

“Chikorita! Quick, come on out and help Cyndaquil!” Chikorita came out of the Pokeball ready for action, its tiny ears alert and ready for instruction. Murkrow was now fast approaching Cyndaquil.

“Chikorita, use Razor Leaf on that Murkrow before it attacks Cyndaquil!” Chikorita nodded and just before Murkrow had a chance to sink its beak to deal the final blow to Cyndaquil, sharp leaves were fired from Chikorita’s head and knocked back Murkrow. It was a not very effective attack, but Murkrow had been caught of guard and it had done quite a bit of damage. It glared menacing at Chikorita now as it regained itself. It was now preparing to strike Chikorita instead. John knew what he had to do.

“Chikorita step in front of Cyndaquil!” Chikorita looked unsure of this order but did it all the same.

“What are you doing Phillips?! You are only bringing pain to both Pokémon!”

Tamer seemed to have recovered his shock over Cyndaquil’s situation and was back to his old ways. John ignored this comment. Murkrow was now focused on Chikorita. It swooped down swiftly at tremendous speed any second he would impact on Chikorita.
John clenched his fists once more.

“Chikorita! Use your Reflect attack on both you and Cyndaquil!”

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Chikorita nodded and sent a whitish yellow beam out of its mouth. It did not hit Murkrow; it grew larger and larger forming a wall of light over itself and Cyndaquil. Within seconds, Murkrow’s beak had glowed a bright white and it had come crashing down on the wall of light and Chikorita. Chikorita was forced to move backwards a few steps with the force peck hit it with but no more than that. The Reflect had done the trick; Chikorita had hardly received any damage.

Tamer smirked in relief. Cyndaquil opened one eye, then seeing nothing bad had happened, it opened both, it seemed better than before, it might be able to carry on fighting. Zach and Naomi were furious. Zach was about to start with the trash talk again when out the corner of his eye he saw his Zubat slowly getting up, it seemed livid. Zach grinned.

“Now you stand no chance! Zubat use wing attack!”

“Murkrow! Use peck attack!” Naomi ordered.

Murkrow and Zubat flew up in unison then began to swoop swiftly down. Zubat’s wings were covered in a white light and the same with Murkrow’s beak. Tamer glanced at John and nodded, they both knew what to do. The two flying Pokemon rocketed towards the thin light barrier, then…seconds before impact,

“Chikorita!”

“Cyndaquil!”

“TACKLE ATTACK!”

Both Chikorita and Cyndaquil jumped through the reflect screen leaving themselves unprotected, then jumped through mid air and with a sickening crack, Murkrow and Zubat were thrown backwards and onto the floor. John and Tamer had no time to loose, this was their big break.

“Chikorita! Use Razor Leaf now!!” John said fiercely, glaring at Zach’s disbelieving face.

Chikorita jumped into the air once more and swung the dark green leaf on its head unleashing several sharp leaves flying at Zubat and Murkrow. Although the attack was not effective on both of them, especially on Zubat, they had been weakened from the other attacks; they seemed pretty hurt but were not out yet. Tamer kissed his silver necklace, and then pointed at Zubat and Murkrow.

“Cyndaquil, your turn, blast them into oblivion; use Flame Wheel now!!” Tamer ordered.
Cyndaquil’s flame on its back rose high above it, it ran a few paces forward then let the full force of the Flame Wheel out. Zubat and Murkrow couldn’t move, after the last of the embers had vanished John looked over to see they had both fainted and lying at the feet of Team Rocket.

Naomi spat fiercely on the ground, “You will pay for that twerps! But some other day, we shall meet again…”

They both returned their fainted Pokemon to their balls and then Zach picked up the net containing all the Pokémon.

“We will be off now”

“Hold it right there!” John said fiercely, “We beat you, now hand over those Pokémon!”

Zach laughed, “We do what we please, now get out of our way kid!”

John stood firm.

“Chikorita break the net with Razor Leaf!” Chikorita nodded, it focused its red eyes on the net then sent a flurry of sharp leaves straight at it. Within seconds the net had collapsed and all the captured Pokemon hurried out squealing in joy.

Tamer smirked. “You fools, now you must pay. Cyndaquil, Flame Wheel on them!”

Cyndaquil once more let the burst of flames fly out of its mouth and straight at the Rockets. They screamed in pain as they got scorched, then without looking back, they ran for it, jumped over Elm’s fence and all John could hear was their hurrying footsteps running away. He presumed they went to go find a spring to cool themselves off.

He walked slowly up to Chikorita and petted it on the head, “You did a great job buddy. Well done, you earned a rest” John said pointing the Pokeball at Chikorita and returning it to its Pokeball.
Tamer had done the same.

Elm shook himself.

“You don’t know how grateful I am, if you two hadn’t been here...thank you so much, I am now sure that you will become great trainers, you have just proved it. John smiled but then looked over at J.T and the silent Totodile.

“What happened J.T, why didn’t you want to help fight Team Rocket?”

J.T looked sheepish, “I don’t know…I just froze…man I’m stupid, I hope you can forgive me Professor?”

Elm smiled, “Its okay Jason, everyone makes mistakes. I’m sure you will do better in the future, it must have been hard to battle so soon against such evil competitors just after you had become a trainer, I’m sure you will do well too.”

J.T beamed at Elm. “I won’t let you down,” he said resolutely.

Tamer muttered something under his breath but no one heard him.

Elm coughed. “Well, I guess you all better get going. Good luck, you are about to embark on the greatest adventure of your lives, I have faith in all three of you”

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

John’s father gave one final stroke to Chikorita’s head before John picked up his bag tensely. His mother and father looked up. John could make out tears in his mother’s eyes. John put an arm on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry mum, I’ll be alright, this is just another phase in my life, I will miss you a lot, both of you, while I’m away.”

They both embraced John in a hug before Chikorita hopped of the kitchen table and stared proudly at John. His dad had been very impressed that he had gone for Chikorita over Cyndaquil and Totodile, and his mum couldn’t stop lavishing praises on how cute it was. John walked slowly to the door.

“Wait, son”

John turned. His Father produced a box from behind his back and handed it over to John.

“A little something we got you, for your birthday, to take on your journey…”

John opened it eagerly and his eyes widened in happiness as he picked up a slick black mobile phone.

“Wow! A mobile phone! Thanks dad! Thanks mum!”

His Father laughed. “I have stored this house number in already, please call us when you can so we can know how you are doing”

John nodded “I will dad, I will”

He put it lightly inside his trouser pocket, then opened the door and stepped outside. He gave his mother and father one last hug then walked out of the gate with Chikorita by his side. He waved from the gate and heard his mother speak.

“John, I know you can do it, make me proud!”

John started running, Chikorita, bounding along side him. I will mum, John spoke softly as he ran, I promise you, I will

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 07-25-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Ch2-

John didn’t stop running for five minutes. When he stopped, both him and Chikorita were exhausted. They sat down on a jade coloured bench that they found left off the path, facing north, watching the sunlight taking its toll on the world. He heard the distant chatter of what seemed to be an Aipom family talking amongst themselves and the constant tweeting of Pidgeys. It was only then that John noticed the large house situated a few hundred metres away. It seemed to be the width of two regular houses and half a house’s length added on top to make it look like out of place, yet grand. There was a small brick arc resting on top of the house and a picture of a Pokeball was displayed on it. Seeing this, John immediately thought that it was a Pokémon Centre, but as he saw what was surrounding it, he though otherwise. Solid Gold gates surrounded fifty metres from the lush green grass all around the building. John observed a few Pokémon playing in the grass and refreshing themselves in the water fountain that was flowing with fresh mineral water, and an instant heal to an exhausted Pokémon. He walked slowly up to the gates and noticed a white plastic signpost nailed to the middle most bar; it read:

‘Mr Pokémon
32 Pinewood walk
CherryGrove City’

Then under it in big bold writing:

‘NO ADMITANCE UNLESS OF AN EMERGENCY. ADMITANCE ONLY WHEN GATE IS OPENED. TRESPASSERS WILL BE PUNISHED.’

John frowned at the sign. There was also a white doorbell next to the sign, which he guessed was for emergencies. He had no real emergency of visiting this house, it was just something he thought maybe he could explore…but he guessed he wasn’t allowed. He sighed and carried on walking the path to CherryGrove city.

“Chikorita! Use Razor leaf attack now!” John instructed and watched as his Chikorita swing the leaf on its head and fire sharp leaves at the Rattata. The rat was knocked backwards and tasted the dirt on the floor. It got up slowly but it could barely stand, Chikorita knew by now what to do, it raced forwards and tackled Rattata head on, it let out a cry of pain < Raaaaaaaaaaattaaaaataaaaa > and fell sideways on the floor, it was out.

The trainer returned it to its Pokeball and sighed. “You did well Rattata…I guess we weren’t strong enough. Thanks for the battle, I hope I can face you again for a rematch”

John smiled and watched the young boy go on his way. This was the third battle John had encountered on the road to CherryGrove City, and he had already developed a high quench for battles and would seize the opportunity wherever he could. Beating that trainer’s Rattata meant he had won three battles in a row and Chikorita was looking extremely happy at its efforts.
Twenty minutes later they finally arrived in CherryGrove City. It seemed like a quiet place to be called a city; John’s first impression was that this seemed to be more like a retirement area than a place to battle hot-shot trainers. This disappointed John, as he was eager to battle more. He trudged slowly around; feeling like time seemed to be slowing down at every pace, he guessed there wasn’t enough excitement for time to ‘fly by’. He put his hands in his pockets, wondering where to go first. Chikorita seemed equally bored; the leaf on her head was drooped and her red eyes found as a last resolution of interest with the dirt on the floor. Then…

“HELLO! HELLO! You’re new here right? Right? Yes of course! You came from the New Bark Town direction that explains a lot! You must be a new trainer! Yes indeed! I can see your new Chikorita, it seems very happy I must say! You know I was once a Pokémon Trainer, ah yes, one of the best, I travelled the lands searching for new adventures; no one could beat me! You believe me don’t ‘cha?!”

John nearly had a heart attack. This old cook had suddenly popped up behind him and had started talking loudly in his ear. Chikorita seemed scared too, like he would attack her at any moment. He was bald and looked to be in his late seventies. He wore blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a black zipper jacket that John could have sworn was designed especially for those in their early twenties. He figured this was another one of those old men who tried to dress young and act cool, when really they were sad people who needed to be pitied. John gave a weary smile and nodded; he didn’t want to offend this man, even if he seemed to be of his rocker. The old man gave him a toothy smile and winked one electric blue eye.

“Ha-ha! I like your style kid, if I was only ten years younger I would gladly come with you on your journey”

John let out a small laugh but the old man mistook it for a breath of depression.

“Yes I know sonny; you would of loved to go on a journey with me too, but I can’t hold back age you know!” He sighed and put his hands on his hips gazing around the town, and then within a second, his gaze was back on John.

“Why how rude of me! The name’s Dole! Bob Dole! Put it there!” He grabbed John’s entire arm and started shaking it up and down dragging John with it. John got up, red in the face and dusted his clothes. Chikorita took a step backwards; she probably thought the same as John did of this Dole. Dole waited in silence for a few seconds standing on tiptoes like he was expecting something. John didn’t really want to, but it was only polite.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

“Hi, my name’s John Phillips,” then stepped a pace backwards before Dole could grab his arm again. Dole gave a cheesy grin and winked again.

“You know, after my trainer days were over, I became a tour guide for this city! Yes I know, I know, it’s not exactly the most glamorous job for a guy like me” he ruffled his black jacket and put his hands on his hips once more, “But it had to do, mind you they begged me to take the job on…”

John nodded meekly; he wondered where Dole was heading with this conversation. That question was soon answered.

“Say! How’s about I give you a free tour! After all you do seem very nice and call it a starting out on new adventure free gift! Yes Ha-hah, so would do you say?”

John looked at Chikorita who was speechless. Again politeness held back what he would of liked to say, so instead he smiled and gave the answer yes. Dole swung his arms enthusiastically.

“Great! Let us begin!” He walked a couple of paces north then stopped and waited for John to follow him. John did so reluctantly with Chikorita by his side. He carried on walking for about a minute when he stopped abruptly and pointed straight ahead at a rather large building that had a Pokeball on the top and glass sliding doors in the centre.

“Right there is the Pokémon Centre! If you need to heal any of your Pokémon then go there and they will fix them up in a jiff! If you want, you could go in now and heal your Pokémon before setting off, I’ll wait outside here while you do so.”

Dole slumped down on the building wall and gazed dreamily up into the sky. John stared for a moment or two before taking heed and walking towards the slide doors. They opened automatically and as John entered, he smelt a piny kind of air that tickled his senses and directed him over to the large counter where a pretty young woman with long red hair sat next to a PC. She smiled when she noticed John had entered.

“Good morning! My name is Nurse Joy and welcome to the Pokémon Centre, would you like to heal your Pokémon?”

John smiled back and nodded. He lifted Chikorita off the floor and placed her on the counter. Chikorita looked confused and scared for a second but relaxed at the sight of Nurse Joy. It seemed that perhaps all Pokémon could trust this lady. Nurse Joy put a hand on Chikorita’s head and stroked her. Chikorita closed its eyes, lavishing the attention. Nurse joy smiled again, and then carried Chikorita over to the far left hand side corner of the room. John followed; curious at was going to happen. As he followed, a huge machine came into his view. It was a light metallic grey with about fifty different coloured buttons placed neatly near the top of the four-foot high machine. The top of this system had a black shiny surface and two black metal plates hanging limply by the side. A huge painted picture of a Pokéball was splashed effectively on the front.

John was distracted from Chikorita looking at this and only noticed her when she was placed on the black shiny surface. Nurse Joy hummed lightly to herself as she pushed a couple of buttons. A few seconds later the machine whirred into life and the black metal plates twitched slightly. Chikorita’s relaxed phase seemed to have vanished and was now starting to panic, her red eyes were darting around the room; from John, to Nurse Joy, to the door. How could he leave her like this?

John sensing tension walked quickly over and lifted Chikorita off the machine. Chikorita started to struggle but John placed a hand over her head and she stilled. Nurse Joy was watching with great interest. John didn’t notice and instead whispered softly in Chikorita’s ear.

“Hey…its alright…nothing bad will happen while I’m here…”

Chikorita gave a slight nod and allowed John to carry her back to the machine. Nurse Joy beamed at John.

“You really do have a knack with Pokémon, you can tell by the way Chikorita trusted you so quickly”

“I just try to relate to them that’s all…” said John, slightly red in the face.

Nurse Joy smiled again and pressed a few more buttons and the machine whirred louder. The grey metal plates began to revolve around Chikorita sitting on the Black screen. The plates moved faster and faster until they were a blur though this time Chikorita didn’t seem as scared. Suddenly light wisps of steam issued out from the plates. John, startled, began to go forward to Chikorita but Nurse Joy held him back and shook her head slightly. The steam was slowly approaching Chikorita, and John was expecting that at any moment Chikorita would cry out in pain. But as impact was made Chikorita instead of screaming, closed her eyes. John was amazed; it seemed to be relaxing Chikorita rather than causing damage. After a few minutes Nurse Joy pressed a large red button and the metal plates started to slow down and the whirring noise lessened until the machine had stopped all together. John went up to Chikorita and picked her up. Chikorita’s eyes were strangely bright.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

John looked nervously at Chikorita, “Are you alright?” he asked.

Chikorita suddenly leaped of the desk and landed spectacularly fifty metres away without looking injured at all. John was shocked at this rapid movement but Nurse Joy laughed at the look on his face.

“It’s all right! Your Chikorita is back to perfect health or rather even better than before”

John gave a relieved smile and looked at Chikorita who beamed back. John thanked Nurse Joy and left the Pokémon Centre with Chikorita bounding behind him.

As he stepped outside, and the doors slid closed behind him, Dole jumped out from behind the side of the building and John gave a yelp of surprise.

Dole winked. “Ha-ha I see your Chikorita is looking up to scratch once more! Lets move on!”

John nodded weakly and followed Dole. He wandered north apparently lost in thought then turned. He walked west now for another minute then stopped again. He pointed once more but to another building. It was slightly smaller than the Pokémon Centre and had an orange roof and a glass name plate at the top, which read ‘Pokémart’.

“As you see that is the Pokémart. From there you can purchase items to use inside and out of battle, you can find some really handy stuff there, I’d check it out if I were you, of course you would need money though”

John’s attention was starting to increase, this man, despite his craziness, was actually doing quite a good job at giving him a tour. He smiled and followed Dole further west, he kept walking until it seemed they had reached the edge of town.

“Well when you head off from here, this is the direction you should be going in, it will take you to Violet City, oh yes that is one great town! Especially for you, you see there is a gym there, a challenge all trainers relish to attempt as by only beating all eight gym leaders of Johto can you enter the Silver Conference.

John’s eyes brightened. “And that is the ultimate challenge a trainer can take, to win that you have to be the best of the best…”

Dole gave a small sigh. “You know I once used to be the champion. But that was a long time ago and now I’m just too old!”

John nodded. He was sure that Dole was making it up to impress him but he wouldn’t interrogate him about it, especially after he had shown him around.

Dole seemed to have come out of a daze. He rummaged around in his jacked for a second then produced a folded up piece of paper. He handed it to John, who took it surprised.

“Since you are so darn nice, take this map! It is a map of the whole of the Johto region!”

John beamed at Dole. “Well thanks for all your help, I appreciate it. I best be off now, I’m heading off to Violet City straight away”

Dole winked and offered him his hand. John reluctantly took it and found himself for a second time being thrown to the floor. He laughed, dusted himself off and started to walk away. A few hundred metres away he stopped and turned. Dole was still standing in the same position. John waved at Dole and Chikorita followed suit, waving her green paw at Dole. Dole stuck a thumb in the air and John could of swore he winked again.

John turned back towards the path and pulled out the map that Dole had gave him. It was so detailed and illustrated perfectly. He traced the path he was on with his index finger and found that if he kept following the same path, and a few turns, he should end up in Violet City.

Smiling again, John took off at a fast walking pace, on route to Violet City.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

CH 3

It had been a day since he had left Cherry Grove city and had met Bob Dole. He looked up from the map then back once more, then up again. The map showed Violet City very close to where he was standing but the reality was that there was a huge amount of rubble blocking the way. John tried pressing his hands against it to check how solid it was. It was very solid. John turned to Chikorita, who knew what to do.

“Chikorita! Razor leaf that rubble!”

The usual green sharp leaves swung perfectly out from the top of Chikorita’s head and made contact with the rubble. As it did though, the leaves crumbled and fell to the floor as dust. Chikorita looked crestfallen that her attacks had no effect. John sighed. It was just his luck that the first city with a gym in it was blocked off. He knew though that if he didn’t find a way around this problem then he would never realise his dream of becoming a true trainer. With that thought in mind he began to walk west of the rubble, with Chikorita behind him. There just had to be a way around it, he thought.
The evening sun started to silhouette the trees around him, making it grow slightly darker. John squinted slightly up ahead. He saw a lone small crouched figure on the path.

He approached it cautiously and as he came nearer, he saw it to be a Pokémon. He swung his bag quickly of his shoulders and took out his Pokédex. He flipped it open and pointed it at the Pokémon:

Mankey, the Pig monkey Pokemon. An agile Pokemon that lives in trees. It angers easily and will not hesitate to attack anything.

So it was a Mankey. John grinned and pulled out a Pokéball. The Mankey turned and glared at John.

“Alright, this should be easy…Go Pokéball!”

John threw the Pokéball straight at Mankey. Quick as a flash though, Mankey turned its tail and swished it at the Pokéball. The Pokéball made hard impact with it and it was sent rocketing back straight at John. John didn’t have time to move. The Pokéball made a hard collision with his nose. John cried in pain as he put a hand to his face to reveal blood all over it. He sank to the floor, nursing his injury. Chikorita leaped onto John to see if he was all right but neither of them had noticed Mankey.

It had crept up behind them while they were on the floor. John only now noticed the Mankey towering above Chikorita, about to strike.

“CHIKORITA LOOK OUT!”

But it was too late. As Chikorita turned, Mankey gave a swift kick to Chikorita head. She shrieked as impact was made and then fell silently to the ground.

“CHIKORITA!”

John made an attempt to get to Chikorita but Mankey leapt forward and bit him on the leg. John fought back the pain that was now issuing through his nose and leg to turn around. He glared with anger upon Mankey. Seeing a rock on the floor, he picked it up and chucked it at Mankey’s head. Mankey though, wasn’t fast enough to deflect it and it hit on target. A large bump now appeared on the side of Mankey’s face. Red flashes appeared in its eyes and it tightened its fists.

It then for some reason, began shrieking.

“MANKEEEEEEE!”

It called again.

“MANKEEEEEEE!”

John suddenly realising what it was doing, took a step back towards the downed Chikorita. It was calling for aid.

And sure enough within seconds John heard other shrieks, but these were much more deeper and louder.

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“PRIIIIIME!”

“APPPPPE!”

A huge crowd of Pokémon appeared from out of the surrounding bushes and formed a tight circle around John and Chikorita. They looked similar to Mankey but were much larger and ferocious looking. John pointed his Pokédex shakily at one of them:

‘Primeape, the evolved form of Mankey. It will beat up anyone who makes it mad, even if it has to chase them until the end of the world.’

John looked up. They were all snarling with rage. Chikorita lifted her head slightly and widened her eyes at the scene before them. She got up shakily and stepped in front of John. John pushed her aside and stepped in front of her, but Chikorita, insistent, pushed back. She wanted to protect him.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 07-29-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

John gave a shaky laugh. “Well buddy if this is really the end then we are going to go down fighting.”

Chikorita nodded and glared furiously at the surrounding Primeapes. John’s brain was working overtime as he struggled to come up with a plan to get himself and Chikorita out of this situation, alive. He had to give it his best shot.

Here it goes, he muttered to himself.

“CHIKORITA USE REFLECT TO COMPLETELY SURROUND US!”

Chikorita obeyed immediately and began setting up the many walls of yellowish light. The surrounding Primeapes watched on apparently taken aback at what was happening. When Chikorita had finished, she was exhausted, her leaf on her head was drooped and her eyes a darker red than usual.

The Primeapes seemed to have recovered from their shock and were snarling once again. Suddenly one of them leapt forward with an arm raised and aimed it through the wall of light towards Chikorita. It only made a slight impact due to the Reflect and the Primeape drew back confused. It began shrieking at the other Primeapes, who immediately all tried to do the same thing that the first Primeape had. It seemed that this Primeape was the leader, it was also apparent due to the fact that it had a red ribbon tied to its tail. The other Primeapes charged at the reflects and once more they only made slight impacts on John and Chikorita. John felt like he was being punched very softly. He smiled at Chikorita. They were going to be all right.

But to John’s horror the reflects were starting to fade with every blow that the Primeapes dealt. Chikorita seemed to have noticed too and was looking fearful. John then realised that the leader Primeape had gone. He looked around and stared shocked. It seemed to be powering up. Its fur was going on end and its eyes reducing into slits. Suddenly one of its paws glowed a bright white. John had no idea what it was doing. He pointed his Pokédex towards it:

Brick Break, one of Primeape’s most fearsome attacks. The force of Brick Break is so much that it can even break down the walls of Reflect and Light Screen

Can break a Reflect wall?

John gulped and looked over at the leader Primeape and saw it beginning to charge over to the Reflect walls of light. John braced himself and put his arms over himself and Chikorita.

CRACK!

One of the walls broke and the Primeape squeezed through and glared menacingly at John and Chikorita. He noticed that the other Primeapes were now all charging for their Brick Break attack. It was now or never.

“CHIKORITA! USE RAZORLEAF!”

Chikorita leapt in front of John and sent sharp leaves straight at Primeape. Primeape, taken by surprise, was knocked back.

“RUN!” John yelled, and him and Chikorita hopped over the leader Primeape on the floor and sped past the others, who watched them dazed.

The leader got up and shrieked at the other Primeapes. They nodded and along with him, began chasing John and Chikorita in a furious rage. John and Chikorita had started of way ahead of them but now the Primeapes were gaining ground. John turned around as he sprinted. Chikorita was still just behind him and the leader Primeape a few metres away. Then…

CRASH!

John made contact with the rubble and as he did, it crumbled and found that it made a hollow tunnel through the rubble. Chikorita, not knowing what had happened, collided straight into John. Chikorita’s extra force pushed John and herself down the tunnel. John heard the angry shrieks of the Primeapes lessen and lessen. As he slid down the tunnel, he was splashed with mud and dust. His leg scraped against something sharp which tore mercilessly through his skin. John felt blood trickle down his ankle but he couldn’t do anything but clench his teeth over his lower lip to stop himself screaming. A few minutes later the tunnel ended and he fell right into the middle of a mud puddle. It had started to rain. The heavy raindrops beat down heavily on his and Chikorita’s backs. Lightning illuminated the scene briefly:

John, bruised and battered lay on his back wincing while Chikorita lay a few metres away, her eyes drooped and a deep gash across her forehead. John just managed to turn his neck backwards to see behind him. The Primeapes hadn’t followed. As he swivelled back around he saw the Violet City Gym in the distance. He heard faint laughter coming from that direction. He tried to get up but he couldn’t. No one was here to help him; it would all end here, a short journey. A young fool’s adventure. He turned his head sideways and leant his head on his arms. He saw a signpost. He closed his eyes momentarily then reopened them in an attempt to be able to see properly. When he reopened them, his vision was still blurred. He could though, just make out the words through the blur:

‘WELCOME TO VIOLET CITY ~Masters of the Sky~

John scowled inwardly. Some welcome, he thought as he passed out.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

CH 4

John awoke surprised, not knowing where he was. He opened his eyes slowly and took in his surrounding. He was in a hospital bed, he could tell that as he knew all about them, seeing his grandfather in one. He noticed that his nose had stopped bleeding and there was dried blood around his mouth. He also realised, removing the blanket of himself that his cut on his lower leg had been patched up, yet it still felt stiff.
He got slowly out of bed and looked around for Chikorita. No one else was in the room. Starting to panic he started running the best he could with his injured leg to the door.
Finding it unlocked he tore out of it and started racing down the ward looking in at the doors to see if Chikorita was in them. They were all empty. His heart thumping in his ears, he made his way finally to the main counter. It seemed that he was in a Pokémon Centre. A Chansey was at the counter, wearing a white hat and apron that had a red cross on it. John rushed over to it.

“Excuse me, do you know where my Chikorita is?”

Chansey looked puzzled.

< Chansey? >

“My Chikorita! Have you seen it?!”

< Chans…. >

John was starting to get frustrated. He leant over the counter until his face was right next to Chansey’s. Chansey took a step backwards.

“HAVE YOU SEEN MY CHIKORITA?!”

John’s voice rang through the whole building and Chansey cowered at his voice.

< CHIKO! >

John turned around so fast that he hurt his neck. Putting a hand on it, he beamed at the sight in front of him. Nurse Joy walked in from a side door carrying Chikorita. Chikorita had a small bandage on her head but her eyes were alit with happiness at the sight of John. It leapt out of Nurse Joy’s arms and bounded straight at John and into his arms.

“I thought I had lost you buddy...” said John slowly.

< Chiko >

Nurse Joy stepped forward now smiling.

“Your Chikorita is just fine, we managed to patch her up quickly, but we were more concerned about you…you were in a pretty bad state when we found you”

John’s memory flooded back to him. If he had been honest with himself he thought he wasn’t going to make it. He had given up to easily. Guilt now filled him. He might have ruined both his and Chikorita’s life.

Nurse Joy sensing what John was thinking said, “It’s alright…you had a pretty nasty fall down that hill…are you feeling alright now?”

John nodded and placed Chikorita down on the floor. He looked at Chikorita… she did seem all right...

“Hey buddy, are you feeling okay now?”

< Chiko! >

“Ready to go take on the Violet gym leader?”

< Chiko! >

“Great!” said John enthusiastically. “Well thanks for everything Nurse Joy but we have to be heading on now, we are going to try and earn a badge from the gym leader here”

John made to walk towards the door but Nurse Joy went quickly forward and stood in front of him.

“Are you mad? You just suffered a serious injury and your Chikorita isn’t at full health…you could really get yourselves hurt. I advise you to stay here and rest for a couple of days”

A couple of days???!

“I can’t do that! I’m fine really! And Chikorita says she’s fine too. We will be okay.”

Nurse Joy sighed.

“I can’t keep you here as I have no right to but I can give you my precautions”

“I appreciate it but we really can’t get delayed”

And before Nurse Joy could say another words, John and Chikorita had left the Pokémon Centre and were heading west towards the towering gym building.

The rain had stopped from the previous night and it was sunny once again. As John approached the gym, he saw a figure leaning against it. He was wearing a black hooded cape that covered his whole body. John approached the door, staring at the figure. He did not look at John but instead kept his eyes closed. As John opened the door though he spoke.

“Do you think you are ready?”

John was startled. The figure opened his eyes and glared at John.

“Huh?”

“Do you think you are ready to face this gym?”

“Err…yes I think I am…”

“Fool! You honestly expect to take on the great Falkner with a puny runt like that!”

He pointed at Chikorita who looked at him reproachfully and hurt.

John glared back angrily. Who did this guy think he was? Calling Chikorita a ‘runt’

“And who gives you right to insult my Pokémon?” John said shaking.

The hooded figure smirked. “I have right as I have already taken on Falkner and lost. And if I lost I doubt you will survive two seconds in the ring with him”

“We’ll see about that,” John snarled, making his way to open the door again.

“Wait,” said the figure, who stopped leaning and straightened up. “How about I enlighten you as to why you stand no chance against Falkner”

“What do you mean?”

“A Pokémon battle”

“I have no time for you…I have a gym battle”

The figure laughed. “You won’t need a gym battle after you face me…”

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

He threw of his cape to reveal neck length dark brown hair and slits of eyes. Without the cape he was dressed in a silk purple shirt and long blue shorts. From inside his cape he pulled out a red and white cap and placed it on his head.

“I Raymond Raiker, challenge you fool!”

John clenched his fists. “Fine! Challenge accepted! Go Chikorita!”

Chikorita leapt forward, her eyes ablaze, ready to defend John’s honour.

Raymond smirked and withdrew a Pokéball from his pocket.

“Let’s go Solarblade!”

Out of the fallen Pokéball, the light turned into a small figure that had a bulb on it’s back.

John pointed his Pokédex at it:

A strange seed was planted on its back at birth. The plant sprouts and grows with this Pokémon

< BULBA! >

John caught of unaware didn’t notice the Bulbasaur race forward and tackle Chikorita head on.

< CHIKOOOOO >

Chikorita was knocked backwards; the bandage on her head had fallen of to reveal a small scar.

“Bulbasaur! Razor leaf!”

“Chikorita! Reflect”

Chikorita nodded and sent the yellowish light out to perform the Reflect wall. But Bulbasaur’s attack went straight through it and the attack hit Chikorita right where it’s scar was.

< CHIKOOO! >

Chikorita wobbled on the spot, it couldn’t take any more but John had to try something.

“Chikorita! Tackle attack!”

Chikorita, still not recovered from the impact of Razor leaf, started running at Bulbasaur. Raymond smirked.

“Bulbasaur. Leech seed”

Bulbasaur watched with grim satisfaction as Chikorita kept running its heart out towards it. Then a few metres away, it let a green seed shoot out of its bulb and fly at Chikorita. Chikorita stopped dead and as she did the seed spurted vines and took a stronghold on Chikorita. She was trapped.

“CHIKORITA!” John cried, though he could do nothing now.

The leech seed attack was slowly draining Chikorita’s energy and to John’s surprise, Bulbasaur was slowly gaining energy. Chikorita gave a feeble cry then fell sideways, not moving.

John sprinted over to Chikorita and removed the vines from her body.

“Buddy…wake up…please wake up…”

“Ha! She won’t wake, she’s out. This match belongs to me”

John glared at Raymond.

“I don’t care about this match! All I care about is getting my Chikorita better again!”

Raymond smirked broadly. “I told you that you didn’t stand a chance. If you couldn’t beat me then as I said, you will be easy prey to Falkner.”

“It’s my decision not yours!” shouted John, shakily, anger coursing through his body.

“Fine” said Raymond “This will be good. Here take this, make your Chikorita better then go lose to Falkner so I can laugh at you”

He tossed John a plastic bottle with a nozzle on the end. John recognised it as the same spray that Professor Elm used on Cyndaquil and Totodile after they had finished their fight. John quickly took it and sprayed a few squirts onto Chikorita.

A few seconds later Chikorita opened her eyes, looking puzzled.

< Chiko? >

“Buddy…I’m glad you’re okay”

Chikorita got up, she looked fine once again. John just glared at Raymond then, with Chikorita, made his way into the gym

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~