Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Battles » Tournaments

Tournaments URPG Tournaments will be created and held here. No tournament may be started without authorization from an officer.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Cool Ultra Rpg Summer Knock-out Tournament 2004 (sign-up!)

Credit to Neo Pikachu

{NOTE: I’ve been given the nod ahead by Mr. Leprechaun to be able to do this}

Hey!

Nope! Your eyes haven’t gone spasticated or blurred! Nope! You haven’t got gum in your ears! {Well at least I hope not }

YES! THE KNOCK OUT TOURNAMENT IS HERE ONCE AGAIN!!!!

*Everyone claps*

WOOT YE I’M POPULAR!

*Silence*

Maybe not

Okay the name of this will be The Dapkmnguy Tournament!. Hosted by Dapkmnguy! Made by Dapkmnguy! Even Special features by Dapkmnguy! So what do you say!!

*Someone throws tomato*

You no like?

Tough! *Shoots everyone*

Eh? Maybe not then…

…………

Okay I’ve had my fun lol

Seriously guys the name of this tournament is the ULTRA RPG SUMMER KNOCK OUT TOURNAMENT 2004! Got a better name? Sue me! {Actually just pm me or I.m me on messenger}

Tournament History

Well unless I’ve missed one, there have only ever been two tournaments. The first was hosted and made by none other than Figgy. That was a knock out tournament but sadly it grew very inactive and a lot of people dropped out making the tournament unsuccessful…it never finished. Then along came Dux’s double tournament idea. It seemed to have a lot of interest in it but it never got started…I guess arranging a time for 4 people plus a ref top be online at the same time to battle was asking a lot. So there hasn’t been word from one since…UNTIL NOW!

Yes history schmistory! I’m here to change all that with this Tournament and I will make it successful even if it involves blackmailing Harry Kim to tell me his age lol

The Rules

There will be a maximum of 16 competitors allowed in this tournament. I would love to allow it up to 32 but I’m afraid if that happened then the tournament will become inactive and probably fail. THOUGH! If I do get 32 competitors who are willing and dedicated to see it through to the end then I will talk it over with Jack.

But at the moment it remains as 16 competitors.

For those though that get knocked out during the first round {8 people} they get the chance to still have fun by participating in the Minor Tournament. There will be prizes for participating in that too.

Places in the Major Tournament will go at a first come first serve basis {I am though reserving 1 place to Harry Kim because he has gone away for a week so it would only be fair for him to have a chance at entering. If though when he returns he does not wish to participate then his spot will be open}.

There will be four rounds in the Major Tournament:

1st Round: 16 competitors. 8 matches. 8 people get sent to the Minor Tournament. 8 people will advance to the next round of the Major Tournament.

2nd Round: 8 competitors. 4 matches. 4 people go out the Tournament. 4 people advance to the Semi-Finals.

3rd Round {SEMI-FINALS): 4 competitors. 2 matches. 2 people go into the 3rd place play off. 2 people advance to the final round, The Final.

4th Round {FINAL}: 2 competitors. 1 match. 1 person falls at the final hurdle. 1 person succeeds and is crowned winner of the Tournament.

Extra round {3rd Place Play off}: 2 competitors. 1 match. The two that lost in the Semi-finals face off to earn 3rd place. 1 gets 3rd spot. 1 gets 4th.

The Minor Tournament will have three rounds. These will be the same as the Major Tournament rounds, starting from the second round though, rather than the first.

The matches will be drawn AT RANDOM using the trusted Research Randomiser Form. The system is at this way, fair and is in no means biased. If you have a strong objection to this method being used then contact me at the usual methods.

Each battle that takes place in the tournament will be a 3 on 3, stadium, no items match. But the Semi-finals and the battle for 3rd and 4th will be a 4 on 4 while the Finals shall be a full 6 on 6 battle.

Competitors though have a deadline of 1 and a half weeks to complete each battle. Battles that aren’t completed but got up to half way through or more, will be decided by the officals to who has won. For those battles though that never even get started or barely started, matches will be decided by the flip of the coin. Both methods may be unfair but it is to stop people lagging about with their matches. To basically stop it being unfair, just finish your matches early. Bug the refs if you have to but just do it! Lol. {Note please though that this does not apply to Semi-Finalists and Finalists. Semi-finalists will have 2 weeks to complete their battle and Finalists won’t have a time limit, as we need a true winner}
As you well know, the war URPG battles are going on at the same time and some of you might be worried of it clashing. Well to solve that it would be best to participate in tournament battles on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as War battles don’t happen on those days.

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

VPP Slowbro. LV 100 @ 1191.
(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 07-28-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Send a message via AIM to Raddstealth316 Send a message via Yahoo to Raddstealth316
Default Re: Ultra Summer Rpg Knock-out Tournament 2004 (sign-up!)

Official Referees for this Tournament is as follows {note though that they are chosen because of experience, in the exception of Mlugia who has gotten the rank of referee for the duration of the tournament due to hard work and a noticeable air of knowledge in the job}:

Dapkmnguy_3000
lil_leprachaun33
Koolcurtis
Flare {If ever comes back}
Nintendo Freak {If ever comes back}
Hkim
Stripeduck
Marth
Magare
Mlugia
Raik

{NOTE: if any of the said Referees object to being part of this, and do not wish to referee any matches, then they will be removed from the list}

For those who don’t own three Pokémon and still would like to compete then go home and cry to your mommas! Joke! Joke! lol!

If that situation applies to you then never fear! You will be able to borrow basic Pokémon from the Pokémart. Basic Pokémon include Bulbasaur and Pidgey but NOT Snorlax or Heracross. Though if the competitor gets down to the Semi-finals or finals, then more Pokémon will be able to be given out {more information when closer to the time if the situation arises}. Any queries? Then reply in this thread, pm I.m or me me. Remember though these are only LOANED out to you. They will be handed back to the Pokemart after you have finished participata ing in the Tournament. They are not yours to keep! Anyone trying to steal any of them then er well…I’ll leave Fair to think of a suitable punishment but I can only guess what it will involve

Battles will be posted by referees in the Result thread which will be posted as soon as the pairings have been posted.

I’m sorry to do this but only people with messenger may participate in this tournament. This is due to the fact that in Figgy’s Tournament, the matches were mostly done on the Forums and that’s why it took so long and grew inactive. So if you want to participate, get an AOL or Yahoo Messenger {Msn and ICQ is also allowed also, but only if both competitors own them}

Now that all the rules and guidelines have been laid out, it is time to announce what you have all been waiting for...THE PRIZES!!!!

Prizes

-First off, anyone competing in the tournament will receive $1000.

-The winner of each battle receives $2000, and the loser receives $1000.

So we are looking at that the absolute minimum payment of competing is $2000, {not including competing in the Minor Tournament} and if that’s not a good enough reason to compete, then I don’t know what is!

-The Winner of the Major Tournament will receive $20,000 and a Legendary of their choice that isn’t already taken.

-Runner up of the Major Tournament will receive $10,000 and an unevolved Pokémon of their choice (Pokemart or not).

-Third spot of the Major Tournament and the Winner of the Minor Tournament will receive $5,000 and any basic Pokémon from the Pokémart.

-Fourth spot of the Major Tournament and Runner up of the Minor Tournament will receive $2,500.

-Referee wages will the same as the winners of the matches.

{Please note that the prizes and payments haven’t been fully approved so there may be some changes to it}

-Pay checks and prizes will be awarded AT THE END OF THE TOURNAMENT Do not add your money on until the very end at the Grand Ceremony as it will be less confusing.

Signups

So after hearing all that are you interested in entering? I hope so. But if you do make sure you see it through to the very end and do not drop out half way through. If you think you can stick to it then fill out the following short form:

Name:
Number of Pokémon currently owned: {if you own less than three, then please clearly state which one or two Pokémon you would like to borrow from the Pokémart}

Tournament Participants 32/32

Dapkmnguy_3000
Mlugia
Johto Trainer
Venasaur Trainer
Neo Pikachu
Shane
Matt n' Vulpix
Goofball
Koolcurtis
Omis
Dark Absol
Aleyquala
Silverfrost
Magare
Shadowdiver
Hkim
Dratini
Joe Mama
Dark Luddico
DarkmasterX
Sutiivan
Nick
Vellyvell
Tonytrainer
Raik
Dark Raichu
Phoenix
Matthew
Killik
Finglonger
Tamer
Abxtreme

Tournament Officials

President: Dapkmnguy_3000
Vice President: lil_leprachaun33

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~

Last edited by Raddstealth316; 07-30-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Name: Dapkmnguy_3000
Number of Pokemon: 23

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-28-2004, 03:29 PM
mlugia Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via AIM to mlugia Send a message via MSN to mlugia

Name: mlugia
Pokemon: 10
Old 07-28-2004, 03:32 PM
JohtoTrainer Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to JohtoTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to JohtoTrainer

Name:JT
Number of Pokémon currently owned: 20

TOURNEY WOOT

This suit is black not.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:50 PM
VenusaurTrainer Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via MSN to VenusaurTrainer Send a message via Yahoo to VenusaurTrainer

Name: VT
Pokemon: 12
Old 07-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Mana, J.T and VT accpeted, Enjoy the tourny!

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga

Name: Neo Pikachu
Number of Pokemon Owned: 7

I'll make you a banner for this, Dap. Anything you want in particular?

Old 07-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Caite-chan Offline

Send a message via AIM to Caite-chan Send a message via MSN to Caite-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Caite-chan

Name: Shane
Number of Pokčmon Owned: 21/43
Old 07-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Jack of Clovers Offline
~lil leprechaun~

Send a message via ICQ to Jack of Clovers Send a message via AIM to Jack of Clovers Send a message via MSN to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Yahoo to Jack of Clovers Send a message via Skype™ to Jack of Clovers

NP, anything's fine i would guess. maybe a summer color theme... *shrugs*

anyway, since i have magic powers, i went thorugh and edited some minor things (like my name misspelled ). the prize for 4th place a 2nd minor place is changed.
as for myself, i won't be participating. good day.

~Jack~

-| Links |-
Old 07-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Raddstealth316 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Default Re: Ultra Rpg Summer Knock-out Tournament 2004 (sign-up!)

Neo and Shane approved.

And no Neo, nothing in particular, just incorporate the words: Ultra RPG Summer Knock-Out Tournament 2004.

Lose the 'Knock-out' part if it looks better

And thanks

UrPg Co-OfFiCiAl

(sprite credit to Soara)

~#Raddstealth316#~
Old 07-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Matt & Vulpix Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Matt & Vulpix Send a message via Yahoo to Matt & Vulpix

Name: John Doe. No, seriously, Matt.
Number of Pokemon: I think I hit 40 a while ago.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:19 PM
goofball14 Offline
New Trainer

sign me up goofball
pokemon: 4 :x i will prolly get more :x
Titanic Panda: I'd rather you not help me masturbate
Old 07-28-2004, 07:00 PM
koolcurtis Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to koolcurtis Send a message via Yahoo to koolcurtis

Name: Curtis
Number of Pokémon currently owned: 17
Old 07-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Max Offline
Master Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Max Send a message via MSN to Max Send a message via Yahoo to Max

me!!!: Omis

# pokemon: 3 I'm getting more

VPP Vaporeon
Level 100 @ 620