Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default Shadows of the Past

Shadows of the Past

Intro

Years before the Kanto Region existed, a small civilization had lived upon the dark soil which laid the ground. This small group of people had called their tribe “Spirit Talkers”, for many of them were gifted with the ability to summon spirits, and absorb their abilities and energy they had before they entered the afterlife. With these abilities, they managed to survive many generations, by fighting off the fiercest creatures you could think of. Alas, after several more decades, the creatures had managed to destroy their tribe with the help of the beast who is also known as the “Ancient Terror”. He had driven the tribe to flee to the Temple of Floryu, and just when they all thought they were safe, the roof came crashing down.
Many screamed and ran, some tried to fight back. As they had reached the exit, the beast’s minions had come crawling in. They slaughtered the tribe with sharp scythes and deadly spikes which could be fired rapidly. Once the tribe was finished off, the beast let out a mighty roar, destroyed the remains of the temple, devoured the bodies scattered throughout the floor, and soared into the horizon.
Years later, the beast had been spotted again. It was yet again terrorizing a group of gifted humans. This group had been gifted with the ability to revive the dead, but only for a short amount of time. Their sacred monument, the Holy Church of Taralon, was also destroyed.
No one knew why the beast had murdered these tribes. After murdering out the second civilization, the winged beast died. The only ones who would be able to bring it back had been killed by his claws and fangs. Its minions had also gone missing, and the world could finally evolve in the way it was meant to…

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Focal Offline

Send a message via ICQ to Focal Send a message via AIM to Focal Send a message via MSN to Focal Send a message via Yahoo to Focal Send a message via Skype™ to Focal
Default Re: Shadows of the Past

Chapter 1: Unexpected Visit

[Narrator]
Millenniums after the beast’s downfall, we join a young woman who is currently working hard to finish her application to work at the museum of Pewter City. She has sleek, brown hair, hazel colored eyes and a smile that no one could be able to say no to. As we take a closer look at her application form, we learn that her first name is Meaghan Crown.

[Meaghan’s point of view]
“I’m finally done! After a lot of work, I can finally hand this in to the warden. I can’t wait to start working in the museum! If I get accepted of course,” I added, with a tone of slight embarrassment.

I picked up the paper with everything the warden needed to know and dashed over to the museum. When I reached the front desk, I pounded on the bell and waited patiently for someone to come around. But no one did. I stood there waiting for over twenty minutes, and I started to feel that something wasn’t right. I also noticed that the museum was quite empty for a Saturday…

At first I decided to leave, but when I heard a loud crack coming from the stairs, followed by a scream, I threw the paper down onto the desk and ran off to find out what was wrong.

As I reached the stairs, I started to ascend them slowly. I heard faint voices, and they were threatening someone. As I climbed more stairs, some people came into view. There were a few men with their backs to me, and I could see that they were holding guns, and one was even pointing one at a small group of people that all looked terrified. Except for one of them… There was a man amongst the group of those I shall call “hostages”, and he looked fearless. He was the only man standing out of the group, and I noticed he was being watched extra carefully, for two men were on either side of him, keeping him under fire at all times. I had no clue whom this man was, and the only thing I knew was to turn back and call the police. But I didn’t get the chance.

“HEY! Who the hell are you?” I heard from behind me. As I started to head back down the stairs, the voice called out again, “Get her!”

I heard footsteps and I could only think of leaving as soon as possible, but sadly I tripped on my way down the stairs, and before I could push myself up from the ground, I had been captured. Two men started to drag me back up the stairs, while a third had his gun pointed at my face. I decided it’d be best not to put up a fight.

“So, who are you?” It was the man that had called out before. It appeared that he was the little leader of this crime.

“I-I’m no one, I just came here to talk to the warden, please let me go! I swear I won’t tell anyone!” I pleaded.

“We’ve heard that before. Guess what? You’re stuck here with the rest of us until we get what we want,” the man said sinisterly.

“Let her go,” I heard.

The man who appeared fearless had stepped forward. He was indeed fearless, for he didn’t really care what they did to him, as long as they wouldn’t harm anyone else.

“She has nothing to do with this. She’s just an innocent passerby, so let her go, or you’ll be in for some serious trouble,” he said while glaring at the man in charge.

“Men, shut him up. Drive a bullet through his brain, would you?”

As the fearless man’s personal “guards” started to pull the trigger of their weapons, the man gave the left man an unbelievably powerful kick, which sent him flying over the railing, and he them delivered an uppercut to the other man, and I was certain I heard his neck snap. He then advanced towards the leader. Within seconds, he was staggering from bullet wounds. He had taken but one step and he was pumped full of lead.
But he kept on going. It was as though he not only had no fears, but he was emotionless. After he had driven the shooters up against the wall by merely intimidation, he broke into a dash, and I was dropped onto the ground as the man starting dealing out kicks and punches, and one of them criminals threw himself over the railing to try to flee this man’s wrath, but instead he received a bullet from behind as the man leaned over the wooden rail and fired a shiny pistol.

After all of the criminals were dead, he looked at me, and fell to the floor. Many people rushed forwards, and some quickly grabbed their phones. I noticed something had fallen out of the man’s pocket. I picked it up and opened what seemed to be his passport, and noticed the man was called “Jeremy Crown”, and I realized it was my father who had left my mom and me sixteen years ago...

my gift is my song and this one is for you + don't look down, it's only love that we're falling in
all the way to your very last breath, I'll be around 'till we're parted by Death + sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 2: Eternal Rage

[Narrator]
So after sixteen years, Meaghan’s father returns and even saved her and everyone else that was at the museum at the time. It may seem heroic, but what does Meaghan think?

[Meaghan’s view]
After the events that had occurred in the Pewter City Museum, I was hauled down to the police station for some questioning.

“So you have no idea what they wanted?” one of the police officers asked me, while giving me a cold glare.

I shook my head yet again. Everything they were asking had to do with the criminals, they hadn’t asked anything about the murder yet, which was strange, since they knew we were both named Crown.

“Okay. So you were about to leave when you heard a gun shot? You decided to check it out. Why didn’t you call the police immediately? Maybe you could’ve saved your father if you had thought it through more,” he said.

My face turned red, and I felt anger boiling on the inside. I was waiting for them to start asking about my father, but to bring it in a manner like this just me feel enraged. I stood up from the chair and slapped the man, and the standby officer quickly put cuffs around my wrists and threw me back into the chair.

“Don’t you ever talk about my father like that again! Or about me! You make it sound like I’m stupid! Well I’m sorry for acting rash, but I don’t think those criminals were firing because my father stood up against them. If he hadn’t, they might’ve all been dead!” I raged at the officers in front of me.

“You don’t get it do you? Your father wouldn’t have had to fight back if he had no one special to him to protect! The criminals would’ve waited patiently until their demands had been fulfilled, we would catch them later and no one would’ve gotten hurt. But when you came along, we got report back that there was a casualty within the hostage party,” he said quite calmly.

I thought things over a bit more. Was it really my fault? But now the criminals were dead too, so that was a good side. They won’t be able to hurt anyone anymore. I didn’t have much more time to think about it, because seconds later, a huge explosion sounded from the other side of the station. The interrogating officer ran out of the door, holding his gun, while the other quickly uncuffed me and told me to take cover before following.

Another huge bang was heard, followed by multiple screams and gunshots. I had no clue what was going on. I heard the door to the office slam open and someone rushed in. Suddenly, a face popped out from above the desk, and I felt a hand cover my mouth. I couldn’t fight back, because the hand that had grabbed me was holding a cloth which seemed to be drenched in chloroform, and it knocked me out within mere seconds.

A little while later, I finally re-opened my eyes. I was in the office still, sprawled on the ground. I quickly stood up, and saw a man lying on the desk. It was the same one that had put the cloth to my nose. He had a large, gaping wound at the back of his neck, and I realized he was dead.

I ran out of the office and looked around. There were bodies and broken glass all over. I heard another gunshot, and it was coming from upstairs. Since I was already in the police station and there was nobody around, or even alive, I decided to go check it out.

I grabbed a gun from one of the tables and ran to the stairs. I had no idea how to use the shiny pistol I was holding, but I was hoping that it didn’t have a safety latch on. When I reached the top of the first flight of stairs, I looked around. It had the same dark mood hanging around, and I didn’t know if I was at the right place until I heard more firing from the floor above.

I started up the next stairway, when the door above crashed open. I could hear someone yelling through many gunshots, and then a body rolled down the stairs. I quickly pushed myself up against the wall and looked up. I saw a teenage boy holding a machine gun. He was about 5’7” and he had dark blonde hair. Before he turned around he gave me a cold look with his deep blue eyes that made my spine shiver.

I slumped to the ground and dropped the gun out of my hand. I knew that boy. That was Robert; he came from Goldenrod City, in the Johto region. But what was he doing here, and why was he killing everyone?

I stood up and grabbed the gun and dashed up the stairs again. When I kicked open the door I came face to face with Robert, who had pressed a long, blood stained blade to my chest.

“So after the trouble with Chris, I have to go through you too,” he said, sounding sad.

“Chris? What trouble with Chris? And why…”

“Shut up. He managed to kill me at Chaodes’ castle, Kaios, but I figured there would be no way for him to get me here. And I was right. But I forgot that you were around. Master with daggers and kunai. Another worthy opponent. It’s too bad that I’m not up for competition this time. Luckily I had managed to gather enough strength and regenerate and even muster the power to travel to Kanto and take out this station. I can see you’re confused, so let me explain,” he said, and quickly continued on. “Chris and I had been marked by Xatu, the holy bird. But one of us turned evil instead. Yes, the Dark Mage Chaodes had convinced me to turn to him and take care of Chris and the bird. Well, I didn’t like him ordering me around, so instead I killed him. I managed to summon Dark Lugia, but Chris and his Noctowl still managed to defeat him. Not to mention that Xatu had come to the rescue, which wasn’t something I was hoping for. I wanted them all dead as soon as possible, but Chris managed to slay me, sending me to the spirit realm. At least, that’s what he thought. Just like Chaodes, I managed to cling onto the real world, and started to regain my strength. But I had managed to return to my life, unlike Chaodes. Since Johto now waves the flag of peace and purity, with Chris and Natu at the throne, I decided the best way to overpower them would be to travel to Kanto and search for the Uncontrollable. In my travels, I met someone who said he descended from the Spirit Talkers. He taught me some very powerful magic. I’d like to demonstrate the powers of a Dark Shaman!” he finished, while letting out a deep roar.

I couldn’t believe a word he said. He fought against Chris? Chris was now leading Johto down the path of good and hope, with the help of a holy bird? And what kind of creature was this “uncontrollable” one? I stood there, frozen with fear, while watching Robert do something. He was waving his hands around while muttering some strange words, which sounded like an incantation.

When he finally stopped talking and moving, I felt a small earth shake. I was wondering what was happening, when the floor suddenly started to move! I stepped back in horror, and watched as the bodies started to stand up and move towards Robert. He just stood there and gazed at me with his deep, cold eyes. It was extremely frightening.

“Get her,” he said quietly to his minions, and they all darted forward...

Old 02-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 3: Very long dialogues

[Narrator]
Robert’s still alive? Even after Chris had fought so hard to slay him? It seems that he’s still training his magic, and he’s even learned a new spell along with his new life! Let’s see if Meaghan can stand up against this undead horde.

[Meaghan’s view]
I turned my back on the legion of undead and started to run as fast as I could. While running down the stairs, I got stopped by the body that had been thrown down earlier. Could it be that Robert had revived everyone in the building? Was he really that strong?

I then remembered I still had a gun in my hand, so I started to shoot at the corpse in front of me. It had no use, it couldn’t feel a thing. Instead I gave it a hard kick, and got ready to sprint out of there, but I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I felt a hard pinch, and turned around. It wasn’t a zombie though. They were all scattered across the ground behind the man in front of me. And that man happened to be my father, who had been taken to the station to undergo some research.

“D-d-dad?” I muttered, while feeling hot tears spring to my eyes.

“Yes Meg, it’s me. I don’t want to scare you, since it seems that I’m, well, dead. This is the reason why I was back in town. When I left you and your mom, we decided it’d be best to tell you that I decided to leave you. But I actually hunted the Dark Mage Chaodes down. Well, not him personally, for he had been dead for several years. Instead I had been entrusted with a device that could completely dissolve the spirits of those that were dead. This is why those zombies behind me aren’t very active anymore. It seemed I couldn’t get to Chaodes, but I was glad to hear he was slain anyways. My heart nearly sank though when I heard the slayer had taken over, and even became more powerful. Luckily he had also been slain, but when I got a call from the Celadon Research Institute, informing me that he had been revived and was going to strike again, I had to rush home. He was supposed to be at the Museum, but it seems I was betrayed by the guy at the Institute. I would’ve loved to live a bit longer, but I had to protect you first, to make up for all those lost years. I hope you’ll forgive me Meg,” he finished, and I knew he couldn’t cry now, even though I’m sure he wanted to.

Tears had been running down my face for a while now, and when he finished I jumped into his arms, but staggered back with shock. He was as cold as ice.

“I’m sorry, Meg. Being dead isn’t the best,” he said with a sad tone.

I didn’t know what happened after that. He suddenly crumpled up into a heap and fell to the floor. I looked up and saw Robert standing there, his hands glowing and his lips moving.

“What a coincidence. The “hunter” was in this building. And he even brought the Soul Shatter Device,” Robert said and waved his hand around.

Once again I froze up with fear and watched the strange device float up into the air and straight into Robert’s hands.

It was unbelievable. I always though Robert was a warm hearted person, who only held a grudge against those who loved to hurt and murder people. I thought he was a kind young man who was able to love and cherish those dear to him. But he proved me wrong. If he really did do all those bad things, then I really have to work on my judge of character.

“Robert, what are those markings on your forehead?” I asked, only just noticing six small stripes on his forehead.

“Those? Those should fade away soon. They indicated my connection to Lugia, but when he was destroyed that connection broke. I’m hoping that they’ll soon be replaced by my own marking, and one day whenever people see that waving around they’ll wonder why they’re still alive, and when I’ll be there to end their useless lives,” he said menacingly.

“You… you’re going to kill more people? Why Robert? What’s happened to you? What was it that blackened your soul?” I asked, while on the verge of crying again.

He just stood there in silence, while piercing my eyes with his cold gaze. Then out of the blue, he spoke.

“It was my destiny that happened. I was destined to save the world with Chris. When I got used to killing the assassins that kept being sent after us, I decided to join Chaodes and eventually overthrow him to actually do that what had been assigned to us. I succeeded, but I preferred the darkness over being a hero. Why is my soul so dark? While learning the dark arts it took over my heart. There isn’t a single man alive that could withstand the darkness from destroying him. Luckily, you soon return to full strength and you manage to do things you’ve never done before...” he finished, while smiling.

“But if you were really destined to save us all, how could you still have been conquered over by the magic? Surely you should’ve been able to resist it?” I said, feeling more confident now that I had loosened up a bit.

“That’s what you think. I’m sure Chris might’ve managed, but we won’t know for sure. Physically I might’ve been stronger than him, at least, that’s what I thought, but if we compare hearts then he beat me by a long shot. His heart is as pure as can be, which brings those simple minded fools in Johto hope. Once I manage to get a hold of the “Uncontrollable”, and trust me, I will, and then I shall go back and destroy them all. I’ll also spend a great deal of my time here in Kanto, destroying those items that bring hope to those within these lands. Starting with the police, because where else would you put your hope in? Once they realize the cops can’t do anything, they’ll look to something else,” he said without taking a breath, “and then I’ll smash that too. And guess what Meaghan? You’re going to have to die as well. You may not know it, but you also happen to be one of the destined ones, meaning you’re life will have to end soon.”

“The destined ones? You mean that they’re actually a set group?” I asked while trying to work out the conversation.

“Yes. They’re called the “Destined Three” and it was supposed to be you, Chris and I, but it seems that I was a Darkling. A very rare sight and it’s when one of the Destined goes to the Dark Side. I’ve told you all I know now, which means it’s time for you to die,” he finished while taking a step forward.

“Robert, please don’t! You can’t be serious about this! I know that you’ve still got a heart… one that actually cares about people. I know you…” Tears jumped to my eyes again.

Robert said nothing, but started to move in closer. His eyes started to glow crimson, and my heart gave an odd jump. A chill sped down my spine as the hand that was holding the sword was raised. He was really going to kill me!

I turned around and was ready to speed down the stairs, but I was thrown against the wall, and I saw Robert standing there with his hand held up. He wasn’t making any physical contact, which could only mean he was using magic against me.

“Well Meg, this is the end. I hope you enjoyed seeing your father again, and I hope you’ll enjoy spending the rest of your time with him in the afterlife. Goodbye…”

He held the sword high above his head, and I shut my eyes tightly. I then heard a loud bark and a deep bellow, and I fell to the floor. I opened my eyes and stood up, and I saw an Arcanine trying to bite the hand that was holding the sword, but Robert simply waved his hand, and the large canine Pokémon was sucked back into a red and white ball in a flash of red light. I looked and saw yet another familiar face holding the ball. It was Mike. He rushed forward and tried to hit Robert, but he only got thrown back against a wall. I rushed over to him, and saw he was holding a leather belt with small pouches. It was my belt that I wore whenever I went to practice with my kunai and daggers! I quickly opened one of the small sacks and pulled out a kunai, and pulled a dagger out of another pouch. I whirled around and threw the kunai straight at Robert, who caught the small blade with his bare hands. He dropped it to the floor, and I saw blood drip from his hand. I then threw the dagger low, aiming at his legs. Once again he took advantage of his magic powers, and reflected it back at me, which pierced my left forearm. I clutched the wound which was now producing a large amount of blood, and I saw Robert turn round and then disappear. I didn’t have a clue as to where he went, but wherever it was, he was planning something evil.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 4: Hunting Shadows

[Robert’s view]
So it seems that Mike wants some of the action too. I couldn’t take the chance of being defeated again, especially since I’m not sure if he’s the final destined one. It won’t matter though. The “Uncontrollable” should be around here, meaning I can soon begin my plans to turn Kanto against itself and then take out Chris. But what if I don’t succeed? What if he defeats me yet again? If he can slay me a second time, I probably won’t stand a chance at all anymore. But what if the rumors are true, about there being another region? Maybe I should head over there after I take down Kanto, and see what shadows can be absorbed and converted to my order. And if the rumors happen to be true, that might mean that the “Enraged Darkling” is there as well. The destined one that was supposed to save Johto when Chaodes attacked the first time, but had perished might actually exist. If he does, I should revive him and ask for his aid. He would make a great asset to my alliance. But of course I’d have to figure out if the region does exist.

As I continued through the cave I couldn’t stop thinking about this Darkling. Darklings are those who were destined ones but converted to the dark side. But if he perished in the fight for justice, wouldn’t that mean he was just a destined one that failed? How could he have transformed into a Darkling if he was dead? It made no sense. Unless of course the “Spirit Talkers” had managed to revive him…

I kept on walking throughout the dark, damp cave that was said to be dangerous. Nothing could be too dangerous for a Darkling. I had heard from my source at the Research Institute that strange things had been sighted here. Shadows that had wills of their own, and shadows that were impenetrable, but they could still make physical contact. They were shadows with unnatural powers, as they said. As a wielder of the Dark Spirit of the Realm, I could only imagine what these shadows were worth. If I managed to convince them to fight alongside me, I could form the most dangerous army known to mankind. So Dark Lugia had been destroyed. It would’ve been nothing compared to these creatures. I should actually thank Chris. If he hadn’t slain me, I wouldn’t have learned the ways of the Shaman and I definitely wouldn’t have known about these shadows or the other region. If he hadn’t slain me, I wouldn’t have gotten hold of the Soul Shatter Device.

“NO! The Soul Shatter Device! I left it back at the police station in Pewter! Hmm… It might’ve been useful against these shadows if it even worked against them, but now I have to be really careful and I might even have to put up a fight myself. Well, I guess that’s the price for trying to take over the world,” I said with a slight tone of panic in my voice.

*whoosh* *whoosh* *whoosh*

A loud noise started to echo throughout the cave. Moments later I even heard screaming and howling, and I knew I was close. I walked a bit further, and when I reached a turn in the passageway, I was struck with fear, a Dark Mage himself.

What I saw would’ve scared an average person to death. For there weren’t multiple shadows, but there was one large shadow, with extremely sharp fingers and long dark fangs. Even though it was just a shadow, it was three dimensional. It was extremely broad and muscular, and while it was swinging a dead body around it had just devoured, it was cracking the floor, walls and ceiling with its enormous strength. There wasn’t much left of the corpse, and the shadow realized that within seconds. He tossed it away, which left another large crack in the wall, but the body just burst into pieces from the impact of the force it was thrown with. This demon turned and stared at me with its bright, red eyes, and jumped.

I looked at as it disappeared through the ceiling of the cave, and managed to dodge the swing as it came crashing down again. It did create a small shake though, which knocked me clean off my feet. It was sight like no other. This demon from Hell was possibly the most dangerous creature alive, meaning I wouldn’t even have to go looking for the “Uncontrollable”, but I would have to manage to convert this creature to my side and survive its deadly attacks.

I jumped to my feet at the same time the creature took another swing. Luckily I had learned how to float, so I could avoid another earth shake, which gave me some time to cast a spell. I muttered a quick incantation and started to fire off small energy balls, which went straight through the shadow. How to defeat something that couldn’t be penetrated? It couldn’t be touched. And then I came to my senses. It may seem impossible, but it wasn’t. I dodged another attack and thought it through some more. It becomes solid to murder its victims. When it jumped through the ceiling it wasn’t solid. Which meant it could change its density! That was a remarkable gift, which I had to learn as well. It would’ve helped in the following situation, for the beast had finally managed to hit me. It sent me flying back into the wall, and I watched it rush over and start to bash my body with its large and powerful fists.

It was definitely solid now, I thought, as I took another blow to the chest. A few more of these and I’m going to split in half… As it pulled back one of its fists, getting ready for another assault, I quickly spoke some well chosen words, and fired off a powerful, white beam of light from my eyes, which pierced the shadows body. If there was anything that could defeat a shadow, it was light. When it’s dark, shadows are everywhere. But when everything is lit up, aren’t the shadows in smaller proportions? Yes, it all made sense.

I got up and started working on another spell while trying to fight off the Angel of Death that was grasping my soul. My hands were waving around frantically, and the demon had recovered and started moving in for the kill. When it had reached a three foot distance I had finished my spell, and a large ball of light had formed in the palm of my hands. The shadow staggered back, and I held the light sources up high, and as close to the monster as possible.

I then merged the balls and formed one large energy ball, which also weakened the beast. I figured it would escape through the wall behind it, but it seemed the light hurt too much to allow him to gather enough energy to do so. I broke into a run, dropped the ball and drew my sword. When I was about four feet away I jumped. The shadow creature recovered extremely fast, but not fast enough. It had managed to get up, but it couldn’t escape the hard blade that I had driven into its stomach.

It fell backwards in agony, and I started to cast the healing spell I had learned during my studies. I watched the beast remove the sword and stand up. It looked at me and I gazed back at it. After what seemed like forever, it knelt down before me. I had won, and I was now commanding the most powerful shadow ever which I had decided to call Shadowbane. Now the time had come to hunt down the creature I wanted the most, and finally rid Kanto of its last monuments of peace and hope, starting with the “Destined”.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 5: Soul Shaking Thoughts

[Narrator]
Robert had managed to escape, but why did he flee the scene? Surely he could’ve finished off Meaghan and Mike, especially since that was what he wanted to do. Let’s see how they’re doing.

[Mike’s view]
I got up, not knowing what had happened. How did Robert manage to throw me back like that? And why was he doing all of this?

“Meg, are you alright?” I asked, while grasping my right shoulder.

“Yes, I’m fine. I just have to have my arm stitched up,” she replied.

I only just noticed that her forearm was wounded. I quickly ripped off a piece of a shirt from one of the corpses and tied it tightly around the wound. Meg flinched with pain, but she was strong. She could take it.

“There, that should stop the bleeding anyway. And I don’t know how you’re going to get it stitched, since Robert destroyed the hospital. And in the PokéCenter they don’t know what to do with wounds like these.”

“The hospital?” Meg said blankly. “But… why? Mike, why did this have to happen? And especially to Robert! He doesn’t deserve to go through this Hell, he should be fighting against it like Chris did!” she cried.

“What are you talking about, Meg? What happened to him? And what’s Chris fighting?” I asked, not having a clue as to what was going on.

She stared at me for a moment, trying to figure out what to say.

“You mean… you don’t know? Anything about what’s been going on?”

I shook my head and she let out a small gasp of surprise. I couldn’t help it that I was stuck in traffic all day.

“Mike, Robert’s been possessed by a Dark Spirit. He’s a Darkling, a “Destined One” that’s switched to the dark side! He and Chris were both destined to save the world from a Dark Mage named Chaodes, but it seems Robert thought otherwise. He now wants to destroy all that’s right in this world, and eventually kill Chris, as well as the other destined!” she said without taking a breath.

“I still don’t understand, Meg. You should know that magic and dark spirits don’t exist. It’s just not possible,” I said, trying to state the obvious.

“How do you think he threw you against the wall? He didn’t even touch you, did he?”

Now that I think of it, he didn’t. I hadn’t managed to get close enough to make physical contact, so how could he do so?

“And why else would he be doing all these bad things? This isn’t the Robert we know! He’s changed, and the only way to save him is to defeat him! I am one of the destined, so I must fight him! We should get a hold of Chris, he slew him once, and he might be able to do so again!” Meaghan said, and rushed to the phone to dial Chris’ number.

I took a step forward and took the phone from Meaghan’s hand. I hung up.

“You have to understand that Chris can’t help out this time. He’s all the way in Johto, how could he possibly get over here that fast? If what you say is true…” “And it is!” “… if what you say is true, then we’re going to have to do something. Fast,” I finished.

“We? Mike, are you one of the destined ones as well?”

“Me? Not that I know of,” I said, wondering if I was.

Meg looked at me and smiled. It seemed that her mood had lightened up now that she was sharing this “burden” with someone else.

“Thanks Mike,” she muttered.

I nodded and helped her up. Before we reached the doorway, we were stopped.

I looked back and saw that someone was grasping my leg, and I realized it was a dead body!

Before I could kick the hand away, Meaghan pushed me aside and bent down.

“Mike, don’t! It’s my father!” she said, and my eyes widened in shock as she started to talk to the corpse.

That wasn’t what was weird. What really freaked me out was that the corpse talked back.

“Meg… the Soul Shatter Device… the Mage forgot it… take it, and protect it with your life! It’s over… there *cough* by the desk,” the corpse said.

Meaghan’s father’s head then fell to the ground, and I watched Meg hurry over to the table and pick up a small orb, which was glowing slightly.

“What’s a Soul Shatter Device?” I asked Meg.

“My father must’ve made it. I think it does exactly what it’s called. It shatters souls. When Robert revived all those bodies, I tried to escape, but when my father stopped me, I saw the bodies had lost their life, so to speak. I guess it just drains the life out of you,” she explained.

“Or removes souls. Try it on that plant. If it shrivels up and dies, then we’ll go with your theory. If it doesn’t, then I’ll explain a bit more,” I said.

Meaghan turned to the plant beside her, and held the orb up close. I don’t think she even knew how to work it. But when a door crashed open, and another undead came wandering in, the orb lit up, and Meg pointed it at the corpse, and a large beam of light was emitted. It fired towards the corpse, and we watched anxiously. It seemed I was correct.

We watched as the body fell to the floor, and a small energy ball escaped its body. The ball faded away, and the room suddenly felt a bit less… crowded.

“Well, it seems it does remove souls,” Meg said in awe, “Now explain your theory.”

I sat down next to her, and started off my explanation.

“When someone or something dies, it only dies mentally and physically. Its spirit, or in this case soul, leaves the body. It doesn’t fade away immediately, but instead it lingers. It remains earth bound, until it is ready to start a new life. The only way to actually “kill” someone is to destroy its soul and remove the deepest roots,” I said, “and only when every last bit of energy has been destroyed, and then the death is complete. It can’t have another life, since there are no soul particles that are left to live within another body.”

“Wow. I never would of thought of that. That must’ve required some deep thinking, Mike.”

“That and studying stuff like that helps too,” I said, holding back a chuckle.

“But would it work on those that are already alive?” she asked.

That I wasn’t sure of. I got up and held out a hand, which Meaghan took. I pulled her up and stepped back. I decided to give her the answer which I thought was correct.

“No. Since a soul is a very fragile and valuable thing, it would need something to protect it. That’s what the body does. All those organs, blood streams and even our immune system protects that soul. When you die, not by losing your soul of course, then your body has sustained too much damage and it “breaks”. The seal on the container which keeps your soul locked up is broken, and I’m sure a small beam of light that the orb produces wouldn’t be enough to penetrate that,” I said, noticing that I actually did give it a lot of thought.

Meaghan smiled at me and headed for the door. In the doorway, she stopped.

“Mike, what if we fail? What if Robert wins the fight here in Kanto and goes to finish Chris off for good?”

“He won’t. Unless he gets his hands on this Soul Shatter Device, he can never finish off those who would fight for peace and justice. You and Chris are destined I guess, so I’m sure you two are strong enough to return to the living realm if he does manage to break you. But trust me, I would give my life and soul trying to protect you guys and the device. There is no one that can rule the world,” I finished, sounding extremely confident.

Once again, Meg smiled and said “thanks”, and continued through the door.

I stood there for a while, thinking about what I was getting myself into, but I realized that what I had said was true. No one would hurt those I care about unless they had managed to kill me entirely. I nodded to myself, and followed Meg down the stairs and into the sunlight.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 6: The long, hard road to justice [Part Meaghan]

[Narrator]
After many long conversations, Meaghan and Mike are ready to give chase to the Darkling.

[Meaghan’s view]
As we walked out of the police station, I couldn’t help throwing up before we left. I had never seen so many corpses before. I actually hadn’t even seen a single one before. Robert was on the warpath, and he wasn’t going to leave this trail until he had managed to conquer the world.

“Meg, Robert’s really strong, and I doubt that our Pokémon would be able to take him out alone. If you really are one of these destined ones, wouldn’t you have some kind of power? I mean, the Gods wouldn’t give a group of people the task to save the world without any help. Otherwise they might’ve just told everyone to fight against Robert,” I heard Mike say.

I turned around to face him. He had a still expression on his face, but I knew that he was nervous.

“No Mike, it wasn’t Robert at first. He got caught up in the Dark Magic, but it wasn’t his fault,” I said.

<Yes it was… He chose his own fate, but I, however…>

What was that? Suddenly I heard voices echo throughout my head. Was I just imagining things? Or was someone trying to tell me something?

“Hey, are you even listening?”

I snapped out of my trance and looked up at Mike, looking puzzled.

“Okay, so you weren’t. Well anyways, I think it’d be best if we got some help from somewhere. Maybe we could ask the army for a bit of firepower?” Mike suggested.

I knew that wouldn’t work, so instead I suggested something a bit easier to do.

“What Pokémon have you got now?” I asked.

“Charizard and Arcanine, how come?” he asked.

“I have Slowbro and Vaporeon, meaning we’re going to need some more. I think we should go looking for some new, powerful Pokémon. Robert said last time he managed to take control of Lugia, so his new goal, the “Uncontrollable” might be a Pokémon as well. But which one? I’ve never heard of a Pokémon that couldn’t be tamed,” I said, feeling slightly down that we didn’t have any more information.

“I wouldn’t have a clue either. Maybe we should head to Pallet Town and ask Professor Oak about a Pokémon like that. Can you think of some things as to why Robert chose Lugia when he battled Chris?”

I thought for a moment, and I could only come up with two reasons which were pretty obvious. If trying to describe Lugia.

“Well, it could fly, meaning Robert could go anywhere and attack from the sky. And it also had Psychic powers, so he could probably use telepathy to talk to everyone or cause some major destruction,” I shot out.

At these words Mike’s eyes widened. He grabbed my hand, turned round and started to drag me towards the south.

“Mike, what are you doing?”

“We’re going to Professor Oak, now. If Robert’s after what’s in my mind, then we’re all in big trouble. The “Uncontrollable”… could it really be?”

“Be what, Mike? Please, tell me! I need to know!” I cried out.

Mike just shook his head and kept on walking.

I pulled back really hard to bring Mike to a halt. Instead of turning to face me, he reached inside his pocket and pulled out a small red and white ball.

“Sorry Meg, but we have to go. You’ll find out when we get there, but it’s better if you don’t know about what it is yet. There’s no need for panicking,” he said calmly.

He threw the ball into the air and a beam of red light produced a large, dragon like shape. The shape became clearer, and I recognized it was his Charizard. What was he going to do?

I found out soon enough, for he quickly pushed me onto the back of the fire lizard, and jumped on. He told Charizard to head towards Pallet and the dragon lifted off.

Since it was already a very short walk, you could imagine how fast it was to fly. It seemed Mike was really worried. Maybe I should’ve just let him have it his way…

Within minutes we landed in the calm and quiet town of Pallet. But this wasn’t the calmness we were used to.

Mike and I descended from Charizard’s back and Mike recalled him into his ball. We looked around and saw that Robert had struck again.

Many houses were smashed and one was even burning to the ground. The ground, trees and walls were all bloodstained, and there were a few bodies here and there. We quickly headed towards the Pokémon Laboratory to see what had happened to Professor Oak.
But when we arrived at the open door, I couldn’t help but pray that my life would soon end…

Old 02-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 6: The long, hard road to justice [Part Robert]

After taming the beast “Shadowbane” I prepared myself quickly to accomplish my next goal. I had to get there before Mike and Meaghan do. Mike’s a smart man, he’ll figure out who the “Uncontrollable” is, and I know where he’ll find reassurance.

I first cast a spell to teleport Shadowbane out of the cave, and then teleported myself. When I found that I was out on the cold, hard steps in front of the cave, I beckoned the shadow beast to follow, and together we rushed over to our next destination: Pallet Town.

After a few minutes of running, I decided it would be a whole lot easier to teleport the entire way, and then kill everyone with my sword. So we did.

We arrived in the calm and quiet town seconds later. And to start things off, I used the last bit of my energy to create some explosions.

The house that I had targeted was blown up, and many people started to run throughout the town screaming murder. No one could help them, for I had made sure of that. This was going to be easy, since Pallet was one of the smallest towns in Kanto. I sat back and relaxed as I let Shadowbane wreak havoc and destruction amongst the remaining inhabitants and houses.

After the final man was killed, I once again beckoned for Shadowbane to follow. We headed for the Laboratory, and blasted the door open. I stepped inside, and saw the Professor holding a large shotgun, which was aimed at me.

Before he could fire, however, Shadowbane has rushed forward and smacked the Professor against the wall. The creature snapped the gun in two, and threatened to do the same to the Professor’s body. He took hold of him, and I stepped forward.

“P-p-please! I haven’t done anything! Have mercy!” he cried.

“You haven’t done anything? You were about to shoot me. And I know it didn’t happen, so I’ll consider that to be good. But if you’re not dead when those two arrive, then you will have done something. Something that could seriously mess up my plans. For you see, I’m after the “Uncontrollable”, and they’re not allowed to know,” I said while raising my sword.

“Uncontrollable? You don’t mean… M...” That was as far he got, for I had given the signal to end it, and Shadowbane had snapped his neck.

Before we took off again, I thought it’d be best to destroy some more, so I ordered Shadowbane to take care of things while I took care of the Professor.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 6: The long, hard road to justice [Part 2 Meaghan]

There he was, standing beside the lifeless body that was hanging from a thin rope, being held up by something incredibly large and frightening. It looked like a shadow.

“So you’re here. And just in time to see your only hope die away at the hands of my new servant, Shadowbane. Have you ever heard of the legend of the creature in the cave? That’s Shadowbane. I managed to conquer him and call him my own. What happened in the streets was his doing, so don’t blame me,” Robert said maliciously.

“Robert… HOW COULD YOU!” I yelled out, tears rolling down my face.

Robert’s expression changed from evil to surprise. He hadn’t seen this outburst coming, for he knew that I was cool tempered no matter what happened.

I rushed forward, but Mike grabbed my arm and held me back. When I looked at him, he was giving Robert a cold stare, which the Darkling returned.

“I know what you’re up to Robert. And I’ll see to it that you won’t succeed. Mewtwo didn’t receive the nickname “Uncontrollable” for nothing you know! It’s suicidal!” Mike shouted.

“That’s what I thought when I faced Shadowbane. I mean, look at him. He even struck fear into my heart, and mine’s as black as can be,” Robert replied.

Mewtwo? Was that the Pokémon that Robert wants to tame?

“Mike, isn’t Mewtwo the one that appeared twelve years ago? And then tried to kill the legendary birds to disrupt nature’s balance and hope the earth would fall apart?” I asked.

Mike said nothing, but nodded instead. Mewtwo had been sealed away by Mew that time, and all Robert had was a shadow to back him up.

“Robert, I don’t get it though. If Professor Oak was our only chance of knowing what you were after, but Mike knew about it too, then why did you murder him? Wouldn’t you consider that a waste of your own time?”

Robert then turned to glare at me. I felt his eyes pierce mine as though trying to read my mind. He then shook his head.

“It had nothing to do with Mewtwo. I killed him for a reason, and since you two don’t know what that reason is, then I have no other choice but to keep silent. Even better, it’s time we got out of here,” he said, and turned round.

“Robert!” I yelled, but he and the shadow creature had disappeared.

I turned to Mike, who didn’t look back. He knew more than Robert thought he did, and I knew it wouldn’t be smart to ask him about it. Instead he turned and walked out of the door. I followed, and we stopped at the edge of the water.

“Meg, your next destination is Cerulean City Power Plant. You and your Pokémon have to stop Robert from taking out the Pokémon that lives there. I have faith in you,” he said with a reassuring smile, and quickly called his Charizard. He got onto his back and flew off into the horizon, heading towards Cinnabar Island. I had no clue as to what he had to do there, but I guess the best thing to do was to rush on over to the Power Plant.

As I turned away from the large body of water I couldn’t help but wonder… how did Mike know what Robert was going to do? And how does he know what he’s up to next? This was going to be a long, hard journey, but there was no excuse for failure.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 7: Dark Desires

[Unknown]
“It is your fate to do this. We may not be sure if you are one of them, but you have to complete this mission no matter what. There is nothing that can stand in your way. He is but a vague image of darkness. He is nothing compared to your strength and knowledge. I have faith in you, now go out there and prove that we weren’t wrong!”

The man that had been addressed stepped outside. Everything was true. There wasn’t a single reason as to why he wouldn’t be able to succeed. He had the power to destroy, and the knowledge that would help him reach victory. But there was a single fault within this man. He was betraying his friends. His heart was filled with rage and darkness, which shrouded his soul with a black mist that would eventually help him to the top.

He could destroy the Darkling and save the world and receive fortune and fame, yet he wanted more. With all this power that had been bestowed upon him, he could fight the Servants of Light and take full control. He would turn the “Realm” into a living Hell!

Yes, he was he darkest of all. And the only person that was standing in his path to his desires was the famed Darkling. This Darkling possessed unbelievable power, and had no fear of anything. Next to all of that, he wouldn’t fall easy due to the brute forces that were protecting him and his fortifications. They wouldn’t be breached that easily.

So he had to come up with a plan. He had to distract the guards around the Dark One and lure him out of his shell. When they were alone, this man would make his move. He would probably be able to take down the Dark Guards, but that would not only put him into a weakened state, it would also give the Darkling plenty of time to flee. This Darkling had a plan himself, and he wouldn’t let another competitor rob him of his title “Dark Lord”.

This man’s name was Trax. He worked for the good guys, also known as “Bane of Shadows”, which stood for the Hell they gave those infected with the shadows and darkness. He himself though was one of those people. That previous summer a “Shadow Lord” had battled him and inflicted several wounds which had been closed up using Dark Magic. Several parts of the magic had been injected into his body, and slowly it started to devour the light within his soul. Since that day on he has witnessed many things and has managed to survive every event that he had been put up to face.

But now he was ordered to destroy a Darkling named Robert. He had been destined to murder Chaodes, the Dark Mage that had become Goldenrod’s plague. He had managed to kill Chaodes, but he had already turned evil. And now he was destroying monuments and relics which gave the people of Kanto hope. With these actions he had hoped to whittle down the army of Light, and have a clear path to the top. He had already managed to destroy a police station, hospital and even Pallet Town. Besides all of that, he had beaten the most powerful shadow ever in a duel, who had sworn his allegiance afterwards.

No, it wasn’t going to be easy to take him out. He had been gone for a while, but now he’s returned and he’s even learned a few new tricks. The minute I get to close he’ll summon an undead army. And there would be no way of destroying them without the fabled “Soul Shatter Device”. This device had been developed by Jeremy Crown, a brilliant mind that had been murdered while protecting a group of hostages. The device had fallen into the hands of his daughter, Meaghan Crown. She was one of the “Destined” and should be preparing to fight Robert. We don’t know too much about her, since very little information about the “Destined” was found.

The “Destined” are those born with an assignment to destroy those infected with the dark souls from the Shadow Realm. Darkness shall always remain, but it doesn’t always try to take over the Living Realm. That is the “Destined” one’s task; to destroy those strong enough to try to conquer the living and call themselves “Dark Lord”.

Not a single demon had succeeded. Those from the past had been thwarted by former destined ones and the world had returned to peace time and time again. Only Chaodes had come close. But his plans had been foiled by the Holy Bird, Xatu. But he returned and tried it again. That’s when Chris and Robert had been chosen to take him out. These boys were rare destined ones. They are usually born with their destiny set, but these two had been chosen by the Divine Ones. Alas, Robert had turned to the Dark Side, and killed Chaodes to be able to take over the throne himself. A furious battle with Chris raged, ending with the result of yet another Dark One being defeated, and a Destined yet again successful.

And still he returned. He hadn’t gone back to where he was defeated, but instead turned his hand towards the west: the Kanto region. Here he was hoping to be able to gain control over Mewtwo, and use its powers to conquer the region. He would strengthen his army, and eventually strike back on Chris’ homeland. The only question now was would he succeed? No. I would be there to stop his Reign of Darkness and claim the land as my own. I would take over every region, and enter the Shadow Realm, which couldn’t be entered while still alive.

But I would succeed. The minute I take Robert out, I shall step into the Shadow Realm and absorb the very Essence of the Dark for my own! Afterwards, there will be no destined ones to defeat me. No more pitiful humans that try to take over the Dark Throne. No, for I shall be crowned King of Darkness, Lord of Shadows, and show that I am the ultimate demon!

Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Focal Offline

Chapter 8: The Assault

[Meaghan’s view]
As I rushed over to Cerulean City, I couldn’t help but overhear many conversations about a Pokémon that was terrorizing Mt. Moon. When I asked around, it seemed that no one had actually seen this Pokémon and made it out yet. No one could get passed it, and no one else dared to try. Since Mt. Moon was close to where most trainers begin, there weren’t many strong ones. And those that had been a trainer for a while, they’re Pokémon couldn’t handle it. I figured that I would have to give it a try. My Pokémon, Vaporeon and Slowbro, were pretty strong, after all.

I ventured down the route which led to the PokéCenter that was a trainer’s best friend when going into a dark cave. I walked in and noticed it was extremely full. Many trainers didn’t want to go back to Pewter, and others didn’t dare cross Mt. Moon.

“Hey, you’re Meaghan aren’t you?” I heard from behind me.

I whirled around and saw a man standing in front of me. He was hard to describe, for he was wearing a long, leather coat and a hat which shielded his eyes. I could only see some blonde hair sticking out from underneath his black hat.

I nodded.

“Yes, I was wondering who the next might be… so you’re going to try and cross through the mountain?” he asked.

Once again, I nodded and added “And who might you be?”

The man looked away, and started to walk towards the exit.

“I’m nobody,” he said and left with a gesture of his hand.

I ran after him, but when the doors slid shut behind me, I realized he was already gone. He must’ve gone into the cave; otherwise I would’ve seen him down the road. That meant I could only do one thing. I walked back inside, managed to get my Nidoqueen and quickly rushed for the inner mountain path.

Upon entrance I saw a trainer running towards the PokéCenter. It seemed the Pokémon inside had claimed another victim. I started to wonder if they actually thought of teaming up to beat it. I didn’t think of asking the trainer as he rushed by, and decided to pick up the pace a bit.

As I continued on throughout the mountain I saw trainers dashing all over the place, fighting wild Pokémon in the hope of gathering enough experience to be able to battle this terrifying creature. I had to laugh though, since it’d be impossible to gather enough experience through battling wild Zubat and Geodude. I couldn’t help but notice that there were a lot of fighting-type Pokémon being trained. Which probably meant that the Pokémon I had to face was Rock, Steel, Ice or Normal typed. Luckily my own could handle those. I turned around the corner and saw the person I had seen at the PokéCenter.

“Hey! Stop!” I cried out.

But the man quickly moved out of sight. I figured he was going to the Pokémon, so I decided to try and follow him. It was pretty hard, dashing over the hard and rocky ground. After a long run I managed to spot him again. But he wasn’t standing up straight. He was slumped up with his back against the wall while clutching his right arm, which was soaking with blood. He turned his head to look at me, smiled and fell down to the ground, just as a huge rock came flying into the wall. The rock created a large hole and covered the man in rubble. I could hear loud roars and stomping. I rushed forward, and when I turned the corner I saw the Pokémon that had caused all the damage.

It was a large beast with an enormous tail which was swinging around wildly, just like its arms. It had a pouch on its stomach, which allowed it to carry things, mainly its child. But this Pokémon didn’t have her child with her. She was terrorizing the place and made sure no one got past. It would be tough to take down a Kangaskhan.

“Kangaskhan! Please, calm down!” I yelled out to the rampaging mother. But she didn’t listen. Instead, she grabbed another rock and threw it at me, and I narrowly dodged it. She picked up another, but it was shot out of her hands by a long, cool jet of water. I had called out Vaporeon to fight first.

The motherly Pokémon looked at me and I stared back. It knew that I wanted to fight, and it took a step forwards. She then let out an enormous roar and dashed at Vaporeon, in the hope of being able to smack it against the walls or floor. I ordered Vaporeon to dodge it and screamed out:

“Hit it with your Hydro Pump!”

Vaporeon quickly turned around and opened its small jaws widely. I watched as a stream of cold water came pumping out and shot straight at the wild Kangaskhan.

Kangaskhan took the hit and staggered backwards, and suddenly stood still. She didn’t move an inch. Vaporeon moved closer and shot off another jet of water which broke straight through! It was a Substitute! Vaporeon and I whirled around, looking for the Pokémon, and when I turned back to face Vaporeon I saw it rush past my head and smash against the wall where the man had crumpled up. Kangaskhan let out another roar and stomped its large foot on the ground with a large crash. I felt the ground shake, watched as stalactites fell and rocks crumbled. I also noticed a small wave move swiftly across the ground and run straight into the now unconscious water-fox Pokémon. I quickly grabbed its ball and recalled it.

“Unbelievable… this thing is a damn tank! I’ll have to play it safe then. Go Slowbro!” I cried and a pink Pokémon emerged in a flash of white light. This Pokémon had a large shell clamped to its tail, which had once been a normal Shellder. It yawned and awaited orders.

“All right Slowbro, get ready for this, that Kangaskhan is pretty tough, but we have to get through! Use Psychic!”

Slowbro stood up a bit straighter and nodded. I watched it close its eyes while the Kangaskhan rushed forwards. When the Kangaskhan was only a few feet away, Slowbro opened its eyes which were glowing a bright azure. Kangaskhan froze in its tracks, and was surrounded by an aura with the same bright azure color. I watched as Slowbro used his mental powers to twirl the rampaging Pokémon around and bash her into the walls, several times until it wore itself out. It seemed that Kangaskhan was pretty heavy too, and Slowbro had used all of its energy to lift it. Kangaskhan took her chance, and dashed in for the assault. When she was close enough, she started to bash in on the poor Slowbro. Punch after punch she went, whittling down Slowbro’s health, and finally she hit him with a well aimed punch knocking him back. But she wasn’t done. While Slowbro went flying, Kangaskhan had charged up an attack which she fired with great accuracy and speed. A large beam of energy went flying towards the weakened Slowbro, and hit straight on. Slowbro had no chance of stopping this attack, and fainted which came to no ones surprise. I recalled him as well, and knew that I would need more help for this. This Kangaskhan was too powerful.

And it was as though my mind was read. I suddenly saw a large rhinoceros-like Pokémon rush past and initiate the third round.

I whirled around and saw that the man that was buried before, was holding a blue and white Great Ball. He nodded to me and tried to say something, but first took a drink of the bottle he pulled out of his coat.

“Meaghan, it was foolish of you to do this alone. Why do you think I was trying to get away from you? I was going to take her down so you would have a clear path through. And now its cost you two of your Pokémon,” he said with a hoarse voice.

He limped over to me and looked towards the battling Pokémon. It seemed that his Rhydon had much more to offer than my Pokémon, probably because of his high attack and defense. The Kangaskhan and Rhydon were locked in a furious battle of power, both determined to win and knowing they were matched to each other. They were dealing series of punches and other attacks, most of them involving biting the other. After watching them fight for a while, I saw Rhydon grab Kangaskhan by the neck and smack her against the ground. He stood up, raised his tail which started to glow a bright white, and brought it down fast and hard. It definitely hurt, for Kangaskhan’s expression changed in a manner that it wanted to die at the time. But after Rhydon backed up, the enraged Kangaskhan quickly pushed itself up from the ground so hard it flew through the air. It headed towards Rhydon backwards, but quickly spun around and delivered a crushing blow with her fist against the rhino’s head, which sent him flying into the wall.
He slid down the wall to reveal a large crack. I felt the ground tremble, and I noticed that it wasn’t the battle that was causing it – although it did start it – but the cave was collapsing. I saw the man quickly recall his Rhydon and grabbed my arm.

“We have to go,” he said shortly.

I looked at the Kangaskhan who was panting silently beside a large rock that had come crashing down. It gave a loud roar and started to thrash about the place once again.

“No. Kangaskhan will be killed! There’s only one way to get out of here safely, and that’s to catch her,” I said confidently.

“But we have no more Pokémon! And last time I fought it physically I ended up buried, so that’s not going to happen again,” he said.

“I still have one Pokémon left. A Nidoqueen. I figured I would need some extra help, so I decided to transfer her over to me, since she knows a large variety of moves. I’m sure that I can win! Just give me a bit more time!” I yelled, knowing what was at stake.

The man froze for a moment. He finally nodded and said:

“I’ll stay too. Trust me, you’re going to need me if this place collapses,” he said.

Not knowing what he meant, I turned to face the Kangaskhan again, and threw my final Pokéball, which contained Nidoqueen, a large, blue Pokémon. She appeared in a flash of white light, and she immediately jumped into attack position, when she saw the crumbling cave.

“All right Nidoqueen, we have to defeat this Kangaskhan for the sake of our lives! Stay at a distance and watch yourself! Start it off with an Ice Beam!” I ordered.

Nidoqueen lowered her head and the horn which contained many toxins started to glow. I watched as she extracted the cold from the air around her, and finally fired off a beautiful beam of bright, blue ice. Kangaskhan noticed that she was being attacked yet again, but was too tired to evade the attack. The attack hit her, and for a moment she was covered with a layer of thick ice, which was impenetrable for a Pokéball.

“Damnit! I can’t get through that! Nidoqueen, quickly charge for a Solarbeam! I can see the ice melting already!”

Nidoqueen lowered her head again, and her horn glowed again, this time not as bright. It was pretty logical, since Solarbeam needed the sun’s energy to reach maximum strength, but there was very little light here. I thought the attack wouldn’t do anything, until I saw a large, bright sphere appear above our heads. I looked around and saw the man holding his hands up high, his gaze fixed upon the ball of light.

“Don’t worry about me, just make sure the Solarbeam charges up faster! The ice has almost melted, which of course is because of the light!” he yelled.

I nodded and turned to look at Nidoqueen, and I saw her horn glowing brighter than before. As the last bits of ice melted away before Kangaskhan’s eyes, the blue horned Pokémon fired off a large beam of pure energy, which moved with such speed it was impossible to follow the front of the beam. I saw Kangaskhan’s eyes widen, and try to escape, but couldn’t get away from the attack. She was thrown against a wall, and I ordered Nidoqueen to move in and attack again.

The light in the cave dimmed, and I heard the man fall behind me. He used up his energy, but what had he done? He might tell me later, for now I have to focus on the battle.

Kangaskhan tried to push herself up, but Nidoqueen quickly bashed her back down. She was attacking furiously with several Dynamic Punches, which did great damage due to Kangaskhan’s weakness. I thought it was over, but the now even more enraged mother managed to turn around and grab Nidoqueen’s arm and toss her aside. Nidoqueen crashed into a large rocky pillar which made the other side of the cave collapse.

“NO! Nidoqueen!” I yelled, as tears sprung to my eyes. The ground shook violently, and I heard a large roar emit from the dust and debris. I couldn’t believe that Kangaskhan was still up after all it went through. There was something motivating it, but what?

I headed over to the man and felt his pulse. It was normal, so he was still alive. I heard another roar, and turned to look. I saw Kangaskhan staggering forward, with Nidoqueen’s arm wrapped around her neck.

“No way… Nidoqueen!” I yelled with joy.

The ground shook again, and more rocks fell. I heard screams and knew it was time to leave. I quickly recalled Nidoqueen, and Kangaskhan collapsed to the ground, panting heavily now. If I didn’t throw a ball now, we were lost. The man said he could protect us somehow, but with him unconscious that wasn’t useful now. I quickly grabbed a red and white sphere from my pocket and tossed it at the extremely weakened Kangaskhan. I noticed a rock fall which would’ve knocked my ball aside, so I quickly grabbed a dagger from one of the pouches still around my waist and threw it. It knocked the rock aside and the dagger fell to the ground with a loud noise, and I heard the ball suck Kangaskhan inside.

I saw her be absorbed by red light, and I hoped for the catch to save her life as the ball shook once… twice… thrice…

-----
Pokémon going for: Kangaskhan
Characters: He... About 53k ^^"

Ready for grading, enjoy the reading XD

Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf

Robert, stop making me jealous. =P

It's more of the almost RPG-ish story that I love, with ancient civilizations, people who can summon spirits, great beasts, and so on. I'm trying to find something to critique, but words seem to fail me. I suppose the only thing I could say is that the whole 'Dark Lord' title has been used by plenty of characters, but it works well here. This is a fantastic story, with a highly original plot, good characters (anyone named Meaghan is an instant win in my book), great action and twists. I think the idea of mages in the Pokemon world and Robert being a Darkling takes the cake.

The battle was one of the best sequences by far. It flows nicely, and nothing about it seems stiff or incomplete - I love how you describe the Substitute made by Kangaskhan, and all the attacks and Pokemon you used to finally take her down. I also liked that she was too much for just one person to handle. She CAN be quite the beast, and you prove that well here.

I just love this idea and all the things you crammed into it. Old tribes with magical powers have been done in games and such over and over again, but it's refreshing here. Please tell me that you'll be continuing this, as I'm dying to know what happens next. The plot, grammar, length and just everything is perfect to me. I'm embarrassed to post the story I started that was inspired by this.

Kangaskhan Captured! - You've completely earned my favorite Pokemon. :) Keep it up.

Last edited by Seawolf; 03-21-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Focal Offline

Woot, Kangaskhan ^^ Thanks very much Meg, I'm pleased to see you're still enjoying it. And of course I'll be continuing, Robert has to be stopped somehow, and we still have to see what became of Mike and the rest of Kanto ;) So far I've left a bit more RPG out compared to the last one, but from this point on it'll get much better, I promise ^^ Thanks again, I'll be sure to use Kanga wisely :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Will be edited later to close off the chapter.