Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Role Play » Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion

Role Play Sign Ups & Discussion Sign up for and discuss Role Plays here. Have anything to ask about a Role Play you're in, or need to put up extra info for people to refer to? What if you need help with an idea that's missing that extra kick? Do it all here!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via MSN to Deathspector Send a message via Yahoo to Deathspector
Default The Philosopher's Stone – Discussion

The Roleplay has now, officially begun. No more people shall be accepted, until I deem it necessary to introduce more people. I apologize for anyone who had a Sign-Up in process. The Roleplay Thread can be found here.

Excerpt from “Life with Alchemists” by William Meredith

As a rule, alchemists are greedy, and obsessed with money. Makes sense, as their life’s ambition is to gain immortality, and never-ending wealth. Yet even the greediest of alchemists couldn’t compare with one Daniel Watson. He wanted more than wealth or immortality. He wanted power. His reason was, “Why have all of these things, and not have power?” and he stuck with it to his death. Probably, because it was this reason that lead to his death. Like a section of alchemists, Daniel Watson believed in the theory of the Philosopher’s Stone: a legendary stone made of an unknown substance, which creates the Elixir of Life (a potion, that when ingested into a human’s body creates immortality, and when poured over an metal, converts into gold). It was only a theory, but like so many before him, he believed in it. And he searched for it.

And he found it.

He had been looking for years, wasting most of his youth. Finally, at forty-five, he found it. By that time, he had gathered around him a group of dedicated followers and helpers. They called themselves Stone Disciples, and were spread across all of Kanto and parts of Johto. At last, they struck gold. In the form of the Philosopher’s Stone. Underneath Lavender, a small town with nothing of noteworthy mention, apart from the Tower where dead Pokémon were put to rest, was a large ore of Philosopher’s Stone. It took close to a month to separate the Stone the other elements, mostly iron. Finally, they had a pile of red dust; the Philosopher’s Stone. It was guarded heavily, in a safe that only Mr Watson knew the code to. Finally, the team could sleep easily. Or could they? The next morning, the entire pile of Stone was gone.

Along with a certain Daniel Watson.

He went into hiding along with the Stone, for fear of what the Stone Disciples would do to him; evidently they would have found out what he had done by now. Of course, they had. But after nearly a year without knowing what happened to him, they gave up. Then, he returned. With more vigour than before. The entire year he had spent in hiding had been dedicated to the creation of a weapon that was made solely form the Stone. He was a very influential man, this Daniel Watson, and had managed to get a couple of technicians to work for him. After a failed attempt at making a gun from the Stone, the technicians reverted to the old fashioned sword. They made it, christening it the Alchemical Blade. But it was no ordinary sword; no, it was much, much more.

I had the opportunity to catch a glimpse of this blade myself when gathering research for this book, and I must describe it to you. The actual blade of the weapon was a crimson red colour. The outlines of the blade seemed to be blurred, as the very fabric that created the sword was alive. The colour swirled around on the blade in a hypnotic formation. The hilt was made from steel, as it would have been a waste of the Stone to make a hilt form the material. Yet even so, they inserted a small pebble-like stone at the tip of the pommel that was made from the Stone. I never got to hold the sword, but as it stood encased in the glass, I could sense an aura of sheer power emanating from it. It was awesome.

Evidently, Daniel Watson thought so as well. He was pleased with the outcome of the experiments, and like all owners of great pieces of craftsmanship, promptly killed the technicians who hade made the Alchemical Blade so that they would not let out the secret, and only he would know the true extent of the Blade’s power. When he came out of hiding, the Stone Disciples were angered beyond belief, and tried to capture him. He killed every single one of them. The Alchemical Blade was too strong for the Stone Disciples, their guns, or their Pokémon. After murdering his former apprentices, he decided to go big time, and try to get a powerful position in Kanto. After much blackmail and backstabbing, he finally had the position of Minister of Trade and Commerce in the Kanto Government. But he wasn’t going to stop there. He aspired to become the Prime Minister. But he was not to succeed.

The Alchemical Blade, I must say, had a mind of its own. The fabled Philosopher’s Stone was actually a living being. Not the living being that walked, talked and breathed, but a living being that thought for itself. It disliked being used as a tool in Daniel Watson’s plan for greatness. And so, it did the easiest thing it could. It killed Mr Watson, and then fled. Its powers were depleted, and it needed to regenerate them. To this day, the Alchemical Blade has not been found.

End Excerpt

Mission

William Meredith published his book nearly five years after the fateful escape of the Alchemical Blade. Until then, no one knew whether the Blade was actually true, or merely a figment of someone’s imagination. William Meredith confirmed their doubts, and brought back alchemy to the modern world. Until then, there were only a few who still remembered the art. But as soon as the book was given to the public, people went crazy, and soon alchemy was a bigger thing that even Pokémon Training. In fact, by that time, Pokémon Training was no longer what it once used to be. The return of alchemy only made it of less importance.

Instead of running after the Philosopher’s Stone, as they once had, alchemists now diverted their time to finding the Alchemical Blade. But now that it had the power to fight back, people who actually found the Alchemical Blade were blasted into smithereens. But fifty years after the death of Daniel Watson, the Alchemical Blade wanted to feel power again. It wanted to feel in charge once more. And so, it set off in search of someone who it could possess. It didn’t take long.

The Alchemical Blade could have easily possessed the many alchemists who chased after it, but it would not. Despite all their problems, alchemists have strong minds, and can push people out from their minds at will. The Alchemical Blade needed someone with a weak mind, so it would not use up too much of its regenerated power in the possession. And so, when the Blade came across a weak-minded explorer who was wandering the mountain ranges where the Blade lived he quickly overpowered the human.

Then, it returned.

William Meredith was the first to recognise the return of the Blade. Unexplained murders, and disappearances. Buildings seemingly vaporised. Pokémon turned against their Trainers. It was all the doing of the Blade, and he noticed it. But at eighty-three, William Meredith was hardly in any shape to run around the countryside, looking for the Blade, let alone face up to it in combat. But he knew something had to be done. So, he called up his friend, Professor Samuel Oak.

Professor Oak, in his younger times, had given out Pokémon to aspiring Trainers so that they could begin their journey. He was now ninety-nine, and was much too old to even talk properly. But when William Meredith called him, he knew that he had to help. He knew that when William said there was a problem, there usually was. And so, he called up five of his favourite, and most loyal Trainers. They weren’t, however, Trainers who spent their entire lives battling Gyms, but were people with other jobs, who trained Pokémon for a past time.

You are one of the five.

You are about to begin a journey, so filled with pain and terror that it will make Ash Ketchum’s seem like child’s play. Which in fact, it was…

Current Members
Username / Character Name

Deathspector / Nathaniel Redwood
Neo Pikachu / Jonathan Logan
Deoxys Trainer / Devon Kolzinski
Suicune's Child / Urit Janan
Sky Girl / Isabelle Stanley

// The Poet Of The Fall \\
^ Last update: 22 June 2009 ^

Last edited by Deathspector; 02-17-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Philosopher's Stone – Discussion

Agh, guys, please post. This could be a really cool RP but its been days since someone last posted and I'd really want to see it keep going.

DS and I are a budding rivalry. :P

Old 03-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
Agh, guys, please post. This could be a really cool RP but its been days since someone last posted and I'd really want to see it keep going.

DS and I are a budding rivalry. :P
I'll wait for one more day, and then reply. I don't want our rivalry to take over the entire thread, now, do i?

Deathspector

Old 03-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathspector View Post
I'll wait for one more day, and then reply. I don't want our rivalry to take over the entire thread, now, do i?

Deathspector
Of course, since I'm quite sure that's definitely not the point of the RP. XD

Old 03-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Of course, since I'm quite sure that's definitely not the point of the RP. XD
It may very well become the point if the others don't reply soon.... But I'm sure no one will get angry at me for "reviving" a thread that hasn't been posted in for "three" days. Especially not when a G-Mod is Roleplaying in it. XD.

Deathspector

Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Arg!

I hate double posting, but if someone doesn' post soon, this is going to fast become classified as "dead". And that's really not what I wanted. Please, please, post.

No, smart one. I mean in the Roleplay thread, not here...geez.

Deathspector

Old 03-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen

*Bows head apologetically* I'm sorry, I was waiting for someone else to post...but screw that for now. I'll go ahead an post. It's a good RP.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoxys Trainer View Post
*Bows head apologetically* I'm sorry, I was waiting for someone else to post...but screw that for now. I'll go ahead an post. It's a good RP.
Thanks you, DT. You and Neo are the only ones keeping the thread alive. I need to send Suicune's Child and Sky Girl PMs, otherwise they'll get left far behind.

Deathspector

Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 AM
Dr Scott Offline
Vanilla Bear

Send a message via AIM to Dr Scott Send a message via MSN to Dr Scott Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Scott Send a message via Skype™ to Dr Scott

Hey guys! I know this has been inactive, but Harry is apparently looking for an RP to try out on, and I'd be happy to join as well.

Wondering if spectah / Neo etc. wanted to keep posting?

"God, my brilliance is now somewhat of a burden. Get back to me."
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post
Hey guys! I know this has been inactive, but Harry is apparently looking for an RP to try out on, and I'd be happy to join as well.

Problem is as the storyline goes, five people were summoned by Professor Oak in embark on a mission to find a sample of the Philosopher's Stone in Lavender Town. I'm thinking (or what my character is also thinking) that this is sample is being obtained to find a way to destroy it, so that the same process that could be used to destroy the sample could then be used to destroy the Alchemical Blade.

Thing is, if you guys were to join, I'm not sure how you would fit into the picture. Maybe DS has other plans, but this is what we're going off of at the moment.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScottMan View Post

Neo's right; the plot does involve only five people. I did have intentions on allowing more people in, but not until the first part of the series was over. I need to think carefully about it, but I'm sure I can get a place for you and Harry. I'd like to Roleplay against you lot, as it'll help me out for War...practice...XD

Deathspector

Old 03-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Quote:

Neo's right; the plot does involve only five people. I did have intentions on allowing more people in, but not until the first part of the series was over. I need to think carefully about it, but I'm sure I can get a place for you and Harry. I'd like to Roleplay against you lot, as it'll help me out for War...practice...XD

Deathspector
Actually, if you don't mind, I already have an RP idea in mind that I've been writing out. Should be very interesting, based off of several ideas together, including Inside Man, Operation Body Count, and Counter Strike. I'm still writing it out, but it could be a very climatic RP.

In the meantime, I'll try to keep on track with this one. I've been falling a bit behind every now and then, but I'll try my best to continue to be on track.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Deathspector Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Quote:
Actually, if you don't mind, I already have an RP idea in mind that I've been writing out. Should be very interesting, based off of several ideas together, including Inside Man, Operation Body Count, and Counter Strike. I'm still writing it out, but it could be a very climatic RP.

In the meantime, I'll try to keep on track with this one. I've been falling a bit behind every now and then, but I'll try my best to continue to be on track.
It's settled then: we'll all wait for Neo and his Roleplay. Until then Scott, you'll just have to wait...

Deathspector

Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Quote:

It's settled then: we'll all wait for Neo and his Roleplay. Until then Scott, you'll just have to wait...

Deathspector

Heh, we don't mind. We just saw your awesome roleplay and wondered if we could join at some point.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more. The plot is... exciting.
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.