Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Pokemon RPG's » Pokemon Ultra RPG » Stories

Stories Write a story to catch Pokemon. A Grader will then decide if it catches or not.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default The Mira Chronicles

(Pirate Panic is ready for grading!)
The Mira Chronicles

Yep, everybody's favorite sadistic Trainer now has a thread for herself. Expect a darker turn on the more lighthearted Painful Plains and Forest Fight, though I may shove something humerous in here from time to time.

Pokemon Using

Ember the Charmeleon

Skyhawk the Pidgeotto

Sylvir the Larion

Finished Stories

Painful Plains

Forest Fight

Pirate Panic

Stories in Progress

I'm currently thinking up a story, Courtroom Chaos, though it hasn't been posted yet.

Ready for Grade

None as of now.

Last edited by Larvinator; 03-17-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: L-tar's (un)Official Story Thread

Pokemon attempting: Eevee

Pirate Panic

“My bonnie lies over the ocean, my bonnie lies over the seeea…”

Mira winced and covered her ears at her uncle’s grating voice. After banging her head against the side of the wooden boat in both exasperation and boredom, she turned her copper eyes onto the fishing rod.

“Catch something!” she hissed.

A gust of wind came through and knocked the metallic rod over. It clattered to the floor and Mira eyed it viciously.

“Bring back, briiing back, please bring back my bonnie to me, to meee…”

What is a bonnie, anyway? Mira thought, her 12-year-old mind drawing a blank. How did it end up lying over the sea? More importantly, was this lost bonnie really important enough for this dude to write a stupid song about it? Mira couldn’t help but roll her eyes as Uncle Ken started making up words to cover up the fact that he barely knew the song.

“The seaweed…uh…covers my bonnie…and, uh…the Magikarps have eaten her eyes!”

“Uncle! You’ll scare the fish away,” Mira scolded. In reality, she didn’t give a care about the fish. She just needed an excuse to get Ken to shut up.

“Sorry,” he apologized. “But I can’t help it! This fresh air makes a man want to sing!” He tossed his head back in a roar of laughter, and his white hair (along with his bald spot) shone in the intense sunlight.

“It must be a guy thing,” Mira said dryly. With a sigh, she picked up her rod and cast the line. The shiny lure hit the calm ocean waters with a soft splash. After gently setting the rod in the holder so it wouldn’t fall over again, she turned to her uncle.

“Ken, why do they call it a Good Rod if it doesn’t get so much as a lick from the fish?” Mira asked bitterly. She shook her head angrily and her golden hair sparkled. “I don’t really get that. At all.”

“Aye, that depends on luck and the time,” Ken answered. Mira could already sense an “educational” tone coming into his deep voice.

Mira let out a startled yelp as Ken jumped to his feet, rocking the boat dangerously. His blue eyes were sparkling insanely. “At morning and dawn the fishes are more active, see?” His voice was quaky and unsteady. Then he blinked and sat back down on the tiny bench. “So that’s when you have to catch them…” His voice trailed off.

Mira stared at him. “Uh…yes,” she muttered. She scooted as far away from him as possible on the tiny rowboat and glanced out to the small waves lapping against the boat. How she got stuck on this boat with this Looney Toon was simple. Dad and his dumb family things, Mira thought bitterly. I’ve never even met the guy, but Dad insists we go on a stupid fishing trip. Hmph.

Mira glanced at the gleaming buildings at the speck of a shore and sighed. Even that cramped room at the Cerulean Pokemon Center was better than being in the intense sunlight for 3 hours straight. She leaned over the wall of the boat and stared at her rippling reflection. Some freckles were splattered on her face in seemingly random bunches. Short, golden hair swayed at her shoulders. Long, slender arms dangled over the side of the boat, touching some of the tiny ripples over the otherwise smooth ocean surface.

Then Mira turned to Uncle Ken. His face was covered in stubby white hairs. A fair amount of short white hair hid a small bald spot on his head. His arms were covered with black hair. Though he was somewhat chubby, Mira was certain that under the fat was at least some muscle.

Suddenly, the boat jerked violently to one side. Mira yelped as she was nearly thrown into the dark blue waters. The boat continued to rock, as if some unseen force was causing it to literally throw Mira from side to side. Ken, strangely, stayed in place.

“Wh-what’s happening!?” Mira cried, horror reflected in her hazel eyes.

Last edited by Larvinator; 03-06-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Mira glanced around the boat in panic as it continued to sway from side to side. Water sloshed in every time the boat tipped.

What’s going on? Mira thought. What’s making the boat rock like this? How could- Mira stopped mid-thought as she noticed the cause.

The rod that she had set in the holder a few minutes ago was bent. The nearly invisible line attached to it was tensioned. Every time the boat rocked, the rod bent and straightened.

“Well, duh!” Mira slapped her forehead in exasperation and grabbed the rod. She yelped as she was nearly thrown into the water. “This…must…be…a…big one!” she commented between gasps as she tried to reel the fish in.

“Keep trying, Mira! You’ve almost got it!” Ken cheered.

As she was struggling with the catch, Mira could’ve sworn she’d heard a boat motor. I’m just going crazy, she thought to herself. The battle continued. Then she heard a definite motor sound.

“Uncle, is there a boat behind us?” Mira asked, not wanting to give up the catch.

The sound of the motor again was her only answer.

Thinking that her uncle couldn’t hear her, she repeated the question, this time a bit louder. “Uncle, is there a boat?” No answer.

Now it was getting louder-which, Mira reasoned, meant it was getting closer. After a few minutes, the sound became deafening.

Mira could stand it no longer. “Uncle, are you-“ Mira gasped as she turned around to find that a motorboat had indeed pulled up right beside the their rowboat. Then she noticed something else.

“Uncle,” Mira asked, her voice filled with dread. “What are you doing to my knapsack? Why do you have it?”

Uncle Ken grinned horribly, revealing rows of crooked and yellow teeth. “I thought you would’ve figured it out sooner.”

“Huh?” Mira gasped. She tried to figure out what he was talking about, but she ended up just staring at the horrible looking man that drove the boat. The nasty-looking guy driving was completely bald and had tattoos on nearly every inch of his body. He wore a leather jacket and a red bandanna, along with some beat-up jeans. Under his layer of tattoos was very tanned skin.

“Ha. Very amusing. Does the word "pirate" mean anything to you?" Ken sneered.

Mira gasped as a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean randomly flashed through her head. "You mean-"

"Yes. I steal Pokemon. Like the ones in this very knapsack, I believe." Ken laughed as he bounced the knapsack up and down in his massive hand.

"Ember!" Mira cried automatically, knowing her oddly colored Charmeleon was in the knapsack. "And Sylvon! Why would you do something like this!?"

Ken shrugged nonchalantly. "It's what I do. Now, there is something else I need from you..."

"Never," Mira hissed.

"It's nothing really. I'm sure Butch can tell you what it is." Ken gestured to nothing in particular, and Mira instinctively turned around to see someone getting on the boat, holding her severed fishing line in his giant, wet-suit-covered hand.

The realization began to sink in. The fish I was catching was him! Mira thought, getting very scared. He served as a distraction while the boat... Mira could practically see a horrible grin forming under the scuba-gear's mask.

Butch took his mask off, confirming Mira's suspicions. "The boss wants..." he started, then paused for dramatic effect. "Your silence!"

The last thing Mira heard was her own scream. The last thing she saw was Butch's canned-ham size fist hurling towards her head. And the last thing she felt was the sharp pain as she collapsed and her head hit the side of the wooden boat before she blacked out.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Creeeak.

"Nrrgh..." Mira moaned.

Creeeeak.

"Just...few more minutes...head...urgh..."

Mira rolled over and hugged herself, shivering on the hard floor. "Just...need...to...sleep..." The memories of the rowboat and Ken suddenly rushed back to her and she jolted up instantly, forgetting about her head trauma in the process.

"Owowowowow!" Mira cried. She held her head in agony and found a fair-sized bump on her forehead. After the pain had subsided to a tolerant point, Mira opened her eyes again to the cramped room that she laid in.

"Where did those pirates take me?" Mira growled. After shouting a few rather colorful words into space, she stopped to try and figure a few things out. First off: where was she?

Her first thought was a closet, which was a rather logical thought, seeing as the dingy room was about the same size as one and shared the same unpleasant smells. But a quick look out the tiny, spherical window made her realize that she was in a much worse place than that. There was only ocean outside the window, broken up by dark shapes that Mira instantly realized were circling Sharpedos. Jumping would be suicidal.

Alright. Next question: where was Ken?

Judging by the ocean 20 feet below, Mira reasoned that she was on a large ship. Maybe Ken was on board, but that was a big maybe.

And last: could she escape?

She could still see the shimmering skyscrapers of Cerulean, but they were merely specks on the distant shoreline. She was at least 10 miles away from shore, though that didn't make escape impossible. All she needed was a good Flying Pokemon. But Ken had taken all her Pokemon.

Except one.

Mira had let Skyhawk out early on in the trip to stretch his wings. Mira knew that he needed to loosen up, but Skyhawk was a good enough flier to soar around the entire trip. And with a little luck, maybe, just maybe...

Mira stuck her head out the watermelon-sized window, put her two fingers into her mouth, and let out a long, slow whistle. Instantly something from above that Mira had assumed to be a Wingull swooped down and landed clumsily in the room.

"Skyhawk!" Mira cried happily.

"Pid!"

Mira sat down to think. Skyhawk, though powerful for a Pidgey, would not be able to carry her 10 feet, let alone 10 miles. And falling is not an option, Mira thought nervously as she glanced once more at the dark shapes gliding below the water's surface. But Skyhawk is better than nothing. Mira nodded and stood up. "Wing Attack!" Mira cried, pointing to the heavy wooden door on her left.

After a few thumps, the door fell over with a loud thud. "I...don't see anyone," Mira said, cautiously poking her head out the door and into the narrow hallway. "Come on, let's hurry." Skyhawk nodded and glided down the hall, stopping occasionally to wait for Mira. Identical steel doors lined the hallways, and Mira soon forgot where their room was-not like they would want to go back, anyway. After some walking and gliding down the steel-built hall, they reached a dead end. A door was there, and light was shining through the bottom crack, signaling that this door led outside.

Mira glanced at Skyhawk. "Should we try it?" The Pidgey nodded tensely. "Right. Here goes nothing," Mira gulped as she swung the door open and stepped out onto the ship's deck.

It looked like any other freighter or transport ship. Plain steel floors ended at plain steel walls that ended at plain steel railings so you wouldn't kill yourself. No one was on deck, creating an eerie silence. At the center of the deck was a large oval building where Mira had emerged from. At the top of this was a window-like area that Mira assumed was the captain's room. With any luck, that was where Ken was. Now, how to get up there...

There was a flimsy rope ladder nailed hastily on the side of the 20-foot wall. It seemed like it might break off at any second, what with these winds out here. Mira shivered as she stared up at the dreary sky, heavy with clouds. Another gust of wind sliced through her, chilling Mira to the bone. After a bit of worrying, Mira realized that there was no other way.

For Ember, Mira thought as she put her foot onto the first rung of the ladder. The wind howled angrily and swung the ladder wildly, but Mira continued with nerves and determination of steel. It was a nasty climb. The winds were shrieking and tossing the ladder around. The only thing that kept Mira on the ladder were the nails that stopped the rope from flipping over and knocking her on her still aching head. After a few minutes of climbing, Mira finally pulled herself onto the top of the oval building. Skyhawk arrived a few seconds later, his breath stolen by the wind that had tossed him around like a rag doll. A quick glance inside the captain's room, however, drained all of her hopes and the bit of energy she still had.

"No one is in there!" Mira howled angrily. The wind ripped her voice out of her mouth and drowned it out as it roared.

"Of course not."

The fact that someone else was up here sent a chill down her spine. And that horrible voice could only belong to one person...

Huge arms grabbed her roughly and she was pinned to Ken's body. "I thought I locked you up tight, but I guess your friend here bailed you out," he growled with a cool, almost icy anger. His voice and touch made Mira want to be in the Sharpedo-infested waters more than here, listening to Ken's awful words. "I didn't think something as small as that disgusting thing could break down that bolted door. But no matter. I knew I'd have to kill you at some point. This just makes things more fun for me." Mira managed to turn her head around and almost screamed when she saw the knife he was reaching for.

It's all over, Mira thought. She hung her head in defeat. The cool steel of the knife pressed against her neck. Digging into the back of her neck more and more, drawing Mira closer and closer to death's door...
Old 03-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Suddenly, Mira felt the blade being pulled away. A trickle of blood from the broken skin trailed down her neck. He's playing with me, Mira thought. He knows I'm going to die and he's savoring the moment.

Then Mira heard a clatter of steel hitting steel. The metallic clink...did he drop the knife? But...why? She dared to open her eyes and was amazed at the scene playing out before her eyes.

Skyhawk was screeching loudly. The sight of its master at the hands of death triggered an instinct that most Pokemon have for desperate situations only, and Skyhawk was glowing, glowing until the only color that radiated from the Pidgey was a blinding white. And then it started changing.

It grew to nearly thrice its size, and an elegant train of feathers grew from its head. Its tail became longer and longer. Then it stopped, and Skyhawk began to revert back to the normal tan feather color. The entire process took around 20 seconds.

A Pidgeotto now hovered above the deck, its piercing eyes filled with fury. Mira knew that the odds were now in her favor.

"Tssseeeer!" Skyhawk's voice had changed from a small coo to a blood-curdling screech. The hawk dove for Ken's head, sharp talons extended like knives.

"Grrraaaaagh!" Ken screamed in terror as the bird's talons raked his scalp. He let go of Mira as he clutched his bleeding head in pain. She scrambled for the knife, still glittering on the floor. After grabbing it, Mira ran to the other side of the platform and turned around, ready to fight.

A gust of wind threw Skyhawk off balance. Mira watched in horror as Ken pulled out another knife from his belt and...

Skyhawk screamed and flew into the window of the captain's room. Don't be dead, don't be dead...Mira thought pleadingly as she glanced over to the beloved bird. She let out a whoosh of relief when she realized that the side of the blade had hit Skyhawk rather than the sharp blade itself. Still, the direct head blow had knocked him out. Mira was alone with Ken.

Mira held the dagger and her eyes narrowed. "Drop. The. Knife. Now."

Ken grinned and held up his own dagger. "Not. On. My. Watch." With startling speed he rushed toward Mira, knife extended, ready to stab and skewer Mira like a kebab.

Mira's mind suddenly turned to the Renaissance fair, where she had done some play-swordfighting with one of her friends. Mira was always losing miserably before he had taught her to block. After that, Mira had managed to net some wins.

The memories of that came back...and Mira instantly swung the dagger in front of her, knocking Ken's dagger away. Then, a counter-strike. Mira slashed with the dagger, which was instantly blocked by Ken. Their knives clashed and held, each trying to overpower the other in an infamous stance.

The rain began to pound down, covering the steel blades with a reflective sheen.

Mira could feel her arms weakening as Ken slowly pushed her knife to her right. He was just too strong. So Mira tried something Ken didn't expect: she broke out of the hold and recklessly slashed him as his dagger fell to the right, propelled by the momentum that was now being set free. There was no time to react, and Ken howled in pain as blood flowed out of his slashed chest. Screaming like an enraged animal, he ran forward and slashed Mira's arm.

Now it was Mira's turn to howl. She stumbled back and cradled her injured arm with her right hand. Blood poured between her fingers in small rivers.

Ken grinned triumphantly and stepped forward, ready to deliver the killing blow. He backed Mira up to the railing and pressed the dagger against the front of her neck. Then he brought his face closer at Mira's, until Mira could smell his hot, sour breath.

"You're just like your mother, aren't you?" Mira's eyes widened and the memories flooded back, the memories that Mira had almost managed to lock away and forget.

"How do you know about her?!" Mira screamed. She tried top look him in the eye, but the rain had matted his hair in front of his eyes. "You never saw her! No one did after 2 years ago!" The rain concealed the tears running down her face, rivers formed by the locked memories.

"Oh, but I did." Ken's lips twisted into a sneer. "Do you want to know how your mother disappeared?"

Mira roared with fury and tried to slash him with the knife, but he held his knife firm over Mira's throat.

"That's right!" Ken said gleefully. "She was just out on her rowboat and we jumped her! A clean kidnapping!" He sounded like a little kid, bragging about his home run.

Mira was numb. "Where is she now?" Mira asked, but she had a dreadful feeling she already knew.

"Don't worry too much about it," Ken replied nonchalantly. "We got a fine Pokemon from her. And the Sharpedos ate well that night."

Mira's feelings were mixed up. She finally knew where her mother-her missing mother-was and how she...Mira pushed the thought away. That filled her with the odd satisfaction of knowing after 2 years of denial. But...what a terrible way to die...Mira saw the dark shapes below the surface and knew one thing.

She would not die that way.

And she would avenge her mother.

With a motion too swift for the human eye to see, she brought up her knife and knocked Ken's dagger away from her throat. About a millisecond later, she slashed. Ken managed to block it, but then she simply slashed again. She attacked in a wild flurry of slashes and stabs. Lightning flashed, lighting up the arena and Mira's face, crazed with anger. Thunder followed almost instantaneously. The storm was right above them. Ken finally managed to try and slash, but Mira-fueled by fury-managed to knock the dagger clean out of his hands. It skidded across the floor, creating small sparks as the steel of the knife rubbed against the steel of the floor. Not wasting a second, she plunged the dagger into Ken's side.

Ken's eyes went wide. He opened his mouth to scream, but only a choked gurgle came out. He began to stumble backward towards the open deck, an area up here where there was no wall or guardrail in order to create maximum visibility for the captain. When he was about 3 feet from the drop-off into the stormy waters, he began to realize his fate.

"Y-You can't kill me," he gurgled, the knife still lodged in his side. "Y-You'll spend your whole life remembering my screams as I died..."

"Too late," Mira growled. "Say hello to Mom for me." Mira shoved him off the boat and into the waters below.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

No matter how long I live, I may never get his screams out of my mind. His cries of terror as he plunged down to the water, cut short as his head slammed into a guardrail below. Then he hit the water, where the Sharpedos began feasting. And the blood...the waves stained a deep red...that is one sight I will never forget.

Mira walked away from the edge, her eyes hidden by her hair that had fallen over her face, matted by the pouring rain that had subsided to a drizzle. Skyhawk, who had just awoken, remained silent. The tension in the air made him realize this was no time to start screeching victory.

Now I know how my mother died, and who killed her. Somehow, I feel I was better off not knowing. Maybe then his blood would not have had to mix with the water like my mother's did. But he is a horrible person, and I have no regrets for what I have done. All has come to light, except one thing...

He said he took my mother's Pokemon, which would have to be Eevee, her favorite and most trusted Pokemon. My mother was a trainer and kept Eevee in a Pokeball. The question is, where is that Pokeball now?

Mira whistled for Skyhawk, who followed her curiously. She took a guess and swung the metallic door to the captain's room open.

Most of the walls were, in fact, windows that looked out over the ocean. The few actual walls had all sorts of odd machinery and buttons and levers that looked like something out of a Science Fiction film. Mira's tennis shoes clanked against the tiled floor as she walked over to a small table with a very familiar backpack on it. "Good to have my Pokemon back with me," Mira commented as she slipped it on her shoulders. Then she frowned as she noticed something else on the table.

Behind the sack was a Pokeball with a dark brown color where the red should have been. All Mira had to do was look at the flower engraving on it to see that it was, indeed, her mother's Pokeball. She had ordered it custom made for her darling little Eevee. Mira reached for the Pokeball, then stopped.

She'd heard that, when the owner of a Pokemon dies, that Pokemon would know it and search for another good trainer. Should a trainer place his hand on the Pokemon's Pokeball, he would have to wait for it to beep three times before he could take it-no more, no less. The beeping was the Pokemon checking the human's personality through the neurons on their hand. Thrice was the signal that the Pokemon thought the person was fine.

Mira gulped. Would her mother's Eevee recognize the fact that she was her original master's daughter? And, even then, would it deem her worthy of being its trainer? Heart thudding, she placed her hand on the Pokeball and awaited its response...

-~-~-~-~-

"Father..."

Someone was leaning over the railing below the captain's room. His long hair covered any facial features, and he stared into the water where Ken had fallen in disbelief.

"Father...why did you die?" The man's soft, teenage voice could barely be heard over the somewhat weaker wind whistling through the guardrails. "Why did you leave me alone?" He glanced up from the bloody waters to the captain's room. He scowled as he remembered the crazy look in her eyes as she stabbed his father, then pushed him into the unforgiving waters below. His eyes scanned the upper deck for any signs of her. And these were not eyes filled with tears of grief for his father, eaten alive by the Sharpedos. No, these were eyes filled with insane rage and hatred for his killer.

"I don't know why you died, but I know it was not your choice." His face was distorted with anger. "All I can do is take revenge on your killer. And when I take my revenge, I will also take her life!"

Ready for Grading!

Pokemon: Eevee
Length: 23,324 Characters with spaces
Old 03-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Seawolf Offline
I has a stik

Send a message via AIM to Seawolf
Default Re: The Mira Chronicles

I'm terribly sorry, Larvinator, but I forgot about this. Please don't hit me.

This is an excellent story, and I honestly want to see more. The only thing that really bugged me here were a lack of pronouns (like saying 'Mira' and 'Skyhawk' all the time instead of things like 'she' and 'the brown and white bird', things like that), but it was fine without those. The plot is decent, and it relates well to the Pokemon world, although pirates and extracting revenge are always a neat plot device to throw in - you skimped on the character count a bit, buit I am willing to overlook that, as this is fine for an Eevee. Keep it up, maybe throw in a battle next time, and use more pronouns so as not to drive Meaghan crazy.

Eevee Captured! - Sorry for the wait.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Default Re: The Mira Chronicles

Don't worry. I'm just happy it got graded. ;P

Yeah, I know it's kinda short for an Eevee, but yeah, I figured it was nice enough to pass anyway. And I was right. Hooray for being self-centered!

And I will work on using pronouns more often. Thanks for the tip and capture. :D