Member List
Calendar
F.A.Q.
Search
Log Out
Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000  

Go Back   Pokemon Forum - Pokemon Elite 2000 » Interactive Boards » Creative Writing » Author's Corner

Author's Corner Share your ideas with other members and come here for helpful writing tips.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:42 AM
autism Offline
Master Trainer

Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Jack and whitney are two normal trainers who as they fight there first gym battle, learn of the FeTake. A strictly-female organization that wants to rule the country. They already taken over the Geno regions gyms and E4 positions. There are underground crimefighters who are currently working to take the FeTake down. I don't wanna spoil too much. But two girls in the fetake gyms are working undercover.
If you love rap/hip-hop you have to listen to this one. PM me to tell me whatchu think. I think Ludacris made another future chart-topper with this ****.http://www.mixmatters.com/hot/2007/L...ity_Chick.html^^-Anti-bullying Campaign-^^
--Put this in your sig if you hate bullies--
Old 08-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Comexback Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Comexback

Sudden Mewtwo fangirl-ness has struck me and I had to write something with Mewtwo in it. >> Anyway. *coughs and adjusts glasses* This is a weird idea that I came up with after starting to write a messed-up prologue - which became a first chapter after a lot of revision. I chose Latias as the first other Legendary he meets because of the fact that she is one of my favorites; I would've had him meet Mew, but that's for later. And I'm a Christian (if a not very devoted one), but the idea of reincarnation has always intrigued me; I decided to write a fanfic concerning it. ^^

I need a title... >> I was thinking something along the lines of "Rebirth" but with a little more added to it; "Rebirth" alone seems too simple or overused.

~~~

When Mewtwo dies, he doesn't know what to expect. In an odd space where he is blind and confused, pain coursing through him, he manages to sort through enough memories to piece together his life. He also finds out that there is one other with him; the stranger introduces herself as Latias, and tells him that they are both dead.

She finishes with, “That life is over; everything we did there doesn’t matter now. This place, this temporary blindness…it’s just to let us realize what happened: our lives ended. If you are ready, I’d like you to accompany me to the next.”

Both Legendaries find themselves able to see again - they are in lands unchanged, where life goes on despite the fact that they are dead. Making up new names for themselves, they walk on as human beings with hidden power. Latias - or Astyrian, as she is now called - is attempting to find her dead brother as Mewtwo is simply trying to figure out what is going on.

Fleeting rumors of a group called the Deep-Skyld course through the regions. They are trainers and Pokemon alike, highly talented in dark arts. Mewtwo is morbidly interested in this group, though Latias believes that they have something to do with an unusually large number of deaths - and a few of these deaths are other Legendaries.

The Pokemon world is thrown into partial turmoil. While some Legendaries still live, most of Johto is wiped out altogether. They pass into their next lives, walking the earth as human beings. While Mewtwo continues seeking the Deep-Skyld, he runs into some of these hidden creatures, Pokemon reborn, a few of which causing him to doubt everything he's known.

While the Legendaries connected through blood search for each other in desperation, the world begins to tremble. The Deep-Elm, the evil tree, starts to rise from the soil as the Deep-Skyld channel their powers into it. Though human beings continue to live their lives normally, ignoring rumors of evil magic and missing Legendaries, the Pokemon themselves understand that when the Deep-Elm wakes from its winter hibernation, the world will end.

But more than a few may want just that.

~~~

I want to know what I can do to make this story more interesting. I understand the "saving the world thing" is cliched, so I'll want some advice on how to avoid everything turning...predictable. >> I'm looking forward to writing this, and I'm really wanting to get back into creative writing for Pokemon again. ^^

I have a preview of it up, too: the prologue... ^^
Old 08-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Realityxxx Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Realityxxx

I have an idea. This fanfic will be about the Keys to the Kingdom series, written by Garth Nix. =D

It is one-hundred years after Arthur, Suzy, and Dame Primus have defeated Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday, Drowned Wendsday, Sir Thursday, Lady Friday, Supiror Saturday and Lord Sunday. Arthur has became Lord Of The House, and he has full control of the Gretoques. Noon, Dusk and Dawn are taking full action in their parts. The new Noon has been taking action in the sunlight, and the old Noon is now living in the darkness. However, Grim Tuesday and his Greotuques have revenge in mind...

Yesterday, Grim Tuesday was found planning something with his Greoques in his Treasure Tower. No-one was allowed to go near them. Now, all through the house, everyone knows what Grim Tuesday is planning-Except Arthur, Suzy and Dame Primus. No-one will tell the three people what is on- They are much too afraid. Now Arthur must Convince these people he is'nt mean, and he has to defeat Grim Tuesday and his Greotuqes once again.

The aroma from the flower decoration on it's head has a relaxing effect. It will wither if it is not cared for.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Sceptile Frost Offline
Elite Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Sceptile Frost

@Comexback: Interesting... does that mean that all humans are reincarnations of a legendary? And that the legendaries left are the powerful ones? Hm... I like the concept though, and it seems to work out, and I guess you're treating the legendaries as just super strong pokémon, which is a good way to tream them...

As for a title.... Reincarnation would work as welll...
Old 08-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Comexback Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Comexback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile Frost View Post
@Comexback: Interesting... does that mean that all humans are reincarnations of a legendary? And that the legendaries left are the powerful ones? Hm... I like the concept though, and it seems to work out, and I guess you're treating the legendaries as just super strong pokémon, which is a good way to tream them...

As for a title.... Reincarnation would work as welll...
Thank you so much for the comment. ^^

Anyway, what you said about all humans being reincarnations...hmm... I hadn't initially thought of that. It was going to be that Legendaries would be reincarnated as humans, and not everyone was a reincarnate, but who knows? I can toy around with this idea later in the story, maybe. ^^

I have a little while to think of the title. I'm going to wait until I have a few chapters done before I post anything up here. That might take a while concerning having band practice after school almost every day. xX
Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 AM
DaRt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DaRt Send a message via Yahoo to DaRt

I was thinking of an idea of a fanfic but it may sound dumb. It's about a trainer who goes on his pokemon journey. This is different from any other journey. In this one he becomes a Soul Reaper. Yes I'm going to base it off of Bleach since it is one of my favorite shows and Magna. They'll each have pokemon that will help them execcute the Dead Souls of Pokemon and Humans.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Arbok conquerer Offline
Experienced Trainer

It's me I was wondering if this is a good idea: A totally revamped adventuren of Ash and friends starting from the Battle Frontier. The character's won't be corny and they'll be heading into a new region.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 PM
DaRt Offline
Experienced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to DaRt Send a message via Yahoo to DaRt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbok conquerer View Post
It's me I was wondering if this is a good idea: A totally revamped adventuren of Ash and friends starting from the Battle Frontier. The character's won't be corny and they'll be heading into a new region.
I think the new region thing might be a good idea but the Battle Frontier is a no go.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:30 AM
HKim Offline
Editor-in-chief

Send a message via AIM to HKim Send a message via Yahoo to HKim Send a message via Skype™ to HKim

Hello everyone. Good to see this thread in use.

Anyway, I have come to realize that I don't have the time for PE2K that I used to have. Perhaps that is a part of life. Regardless, though, I still want to be a part of the community that has giving me so much and where I have found grand friendship.

To this end, I decided that instead of being as active in URPG and Roleplaying (two areas that attracted me to PE2K in the first place), I would focus my efforts on writing a bit of fan fiction. Mainly short stories.

I would release the short stories every so often (perhaps once a week). It is my hope that by doing so, I am still contributing to the community and being a part of the amazing place called PE2K.

Thoughts?
"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
Challenge me in the URPG.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:52 AM
Kenny_C.002 Offline
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Send a message via AIM to Kenny_C.002

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKim View Post
Hello everyone. Good to see this thread in use.

Anyway, I have come to realize that I don't have the time for PE2K that I used to have. Perhaps that is a part of life. Regardless, though, I still want to be a part of the community that has giving me so much and where I have found grand friendship.

To this end, I decided that instead of being as active in URPG and Roleplaying (two areas that attracted me to PE2K in the first place), I would focus my efforts on writing a bit of fan fiction. Mainly short stories.

I would release the short stories every so often (perhaps once a week). It is my hope that by doing so, I am still contributing to the community and being a part of the amazing place called PE2K.

Thoughts?
Sure, go ahead and do that, Harry. :3
Old 09-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRt View Post
I was thinking of an idea of a fanfic but it may sound dumb. It's about a trainer who goes on his pokemon journey. This is different from any other journey. In this one he becomes a Soul Reaper. Yes I'm going to base it off of Bleach since it is one of my favorite shows and Magna. They'll each have pokemon that will help them execcute the Dead Souls of Pokemon and Humans.
IMO, that sounds like something I would definitely read. I've only see about a dozen Bleach episodes but I'm a fan and know how the Soul Reaping works.

If you added more of plot (maybe someone controlling the Dead Souls? Meh, just throwing an idea), this would turn out awesome. ;)

- Kat

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce
Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Shadowzard Offline
Master Trainer

Can someone rate this, it's me (again)

It's about a boy who all of a sudden finds himself in another realm. The realm consist of only two types of people, those who choose the path of light who are called Lighten and those who choose the path of darkness called Darkus. But since the two are seperate only they exist, because everything that we have on our planet took both evil and light to create, so they have no mountains or seas. Even worse, the Lighten and Darkus are currently engaged in war. But why has war broken out? Why has the boy appeared? Many questions that will soon be answered.

Not Pokemon related, might be a comic insted of a written story.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Mohini Offline
Amateur Trainer

Um...okay, so I know I've already got a fic I'm struggling with, but there's this little idea bugging me so I thought I'd see what you guys thought. ^o^

I've already written a summary and two little sketch-chapters, but I'll just give you the general story.

Leila is a self-centered, selfish, superficial, anti-social twenty years old girl who owns a book store in Lilycove city in Hoenn. She is arrogant and intelligent, but has an uncanny ability to insult everyone she talks to. She lives her life alone, from day to day, avoiding calls from her mother, getting annoyed by everything which doesn't fit into her daily routine and most things that do.

One day two unusual things happen - an odd shipment and a little pokemon enter her life. The shipment proves to be a diary with empty pages, but when she opens it while the little pokemon is around she can see that there is an entry...with today's date! It gives her insight on some good and some bad things that would happen on that day and she can't settle down until she tries to prevent the bad things from happening. Not only that, but a new page appears with each passing day.

All this is happening during (and is closely related to) a huge music festival, the Jamfest, which takes place on Lilycove beach so there would be a lot of Hoenn pop culture revealed.

I hope that wasn't too long. So...anyone?

PS: Oh, of course, due to Leila's...unusual personality and her being forced to interact with many, many people, there would be a lot of my pathetic attempts at humour. ^o^

Hey, you! Read my fic! ^o^
Children of the Most Exalted Ravi -> Follow the Old Ways

OR, read my OTHER fic -> I can't believe I'm doing this.
Yah-um...I'm so in over my head. ^.^'

Last edited by Mohini; 09-06-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Jaden0527 Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 1)

Location: Sailing the Grand Line but when I go home,I'm in Las Vegas Nevada

Mohini, I think it's a good idea.
anyway...
I have a little idea of my own. My graphic novel idea for my most succesful, in real life story. It has attracted the minds of friends and unknown people alike. So let's see if you guys will enjoy it.

Vampire Hunters:
Raine Escraic Sienta, son of the mighty demon warrior Guild Esrasac Sienta, has finally been born. The humans thought this day would never come. He was trapped inside his mom stomach for 108 years. His mom was of course granted immortality from this spell placed on her. Though she didn't want it. All she wanted was for her son to be born, and live a normal life on Earth, instead of the Underworld like his father wanted. 108 years after the spell was placed upon her, she broke it, releasing her child who immeidately grew in to an old man. He was quickly named, and ran off to kill the person who had trapped him inside his mother's stomach.

He killed many humans along the way. His destiny was becoming a reality now. That was until, he did find the witch who trapped him. The witch pleaded for her life, stating that humans were actually good people(Wich he didn't think, he thought they were evil becuase of the spell.)Like his mother. Who was human, his father was half demon, half vampire. After experiencing flash backs to realize it was true, he spared the witch and decided to change his life around, and revive all that he had murdered. The only way to accomplish this was to reason with the Skeleton Council, Head of Hell. They rejected his request, and he then realized, he couldn't stop his murerous path yet. for he would have to destroy the Skeleton Council, take control over it, then revive all the humans.

(things about his father, the witch, and his mother will be revealed in the actual story)

Also I'm going to draw pictures of the characters, and new characters, and the main action scenes. I plan to make a whole series of this.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Bryce Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 4)

Send a message via AIM to Bryce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohini View Post
Um...okay, so I know I've already got a fic I'm struggling with, but there's this little idea bugging me so I thought I'd see what you guys thought. ^o^

I've already written a summary and two little sketch-chapters, but I'll just give you the general story.

Leila is a self-centered, selfish, superficial, anti-social twenty years old girl who owns a book store in Lilycove city in Hoenn. She is arrogant and intelligent, but has an uncanny ability to insult everyone she talks to. She lives her life alone, from day to day, avoiding calls from her mother, getting annoyed by everything which doesn't fit into her daily routine and most things that do.

One day two unusual things happen - an odd shipment and a little pokemon enter her life. The shipment proves to be a diary with empty pages, but when she opens it while the little pokemon is around she can see that there is an entry...with today's date! It gives her insight on some good and some bad things that would happen on that day and she can't settle down until she tries to prevent the bad things from happening. Not only that, but a new page appears with each passing day.

All this is happening during (and is closely related to) a huge music festival, the Jamfest, which takes place on Lilycove beach so there would be a lot of Hoenn pop culture revealed.

I hope that wasn't too long. So...anyone?

PS: Oh, of course, due to Leila's...unusual personality and her being forced to interact with many, many people, there would be a lot of my pathetic attempts at humour. ^o^

oooohhhh.....
i like it!
it is kind of a step away from the usual action-packed fics that one usually sees on these boards..... i read some of your other fic and i think that you could pull this one off as well ^^
i say go for it, and if you do, you will know that you will always have at least 1 reader: ME! (you'll probably have a lot more though, you are pretty talented!)

i cant wait to find out what little poke it may be!!! an azurill maybe, or a pichu [nah too overrated] i would stay away from the starters (ex. Piplup) idk why!]
well looking forward to it! ^^

BRYCExKAT

Last edited by Bryce; 09-08-2007 at 05:46 AM.